If some unwashed peasant lives in an old...

If some unwashed peasant lives in an old, dilapidated house on expensive land in the middle of a city and refuses to sell it, constraining urban development, how would you deal with it?

If you have an entire district of off-the-grid low-density housing right next to the downtown, housing an equal proportion of criminals and law-abiding impoverished citizens, would you get rid of it?

If you cannot legally force them out, would torching the whole district be the morally right thing to do?

Property is property. Why on Earth would you violate someone's right to own property by torching the place?

Oh, right. Commie shitholes.

lol what have you done op

Better be careful living in an old house like that you might have an accident.

>nothing personal kid

If you're Jewish: pay city officials to issue and order to sell or give them a cut on the new building

If you're a goy: give up

Well, you see, some of them are squatters, living off the grid in Somalia-tier hovels and dug-ins. A legitimate businessman from a construction company offered them a 1/10th of what the land is actually worth, and these peasants dared to refuse the offer!

Ummm actually it's crony capitalism, the best system for economic growth and sustainability you fascist.

Here's what the area looks like. Even though you automatically get stabbed upon entering the area, fearless Google StreetView drivers managed to document most of the area so you can get a tour.

I swear, some kitchen appliances blew up in an empty, unelectrified house!

>some of them are squatters
How about those who weren't?
How long has the place been occupied by squatters, and are there "squatters' rights" laws in place?

Wherein lies the fascism in my post?

...or just torch the whole place.

You got the right idea famlafam.

My preferred pronoun is BRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTT

Here's the affected area (latest news indicate as much as 10k square meters are on fire), if you want to take a look yourself.

>ruskies are blaming the victims for refusing to sell below market price to construction corps
Will Robocop save Det... Rostov's downtrodden?

Everyone has a price, if he's not selling it, it's because you're not offering enough. Don't be a Jew.

Moar?

i dont want any more urban development
i want most existing cities torn down

b-but then I won't make enough money for a new superyacht!

They own the property thus they can do what they wish with it.

Torching it should come with severe penalties and restitution of the value of the property. Jail time for vandalism as well.

TBQH I want garden cities to be back, too bad they are commercially inviable.

they were niggers.
The constitution starts with WE THE PEOPLE.

moar liek attempted (?) murder

Interestingly, the area was initially agricultural land, but then the commie officers came and "relocated" the landowners. Many of those living there are children of those commissars.

>A month ago some people came to those living the closest to the river. They offered 100k to 600k rubles per 100 sq.m. (~1600$-10000$). When they were told that you can't buy anything with that money, they answered that "it's easier to burn you down than pay anything", according to locals

The city will host the 2018 World Championship, with Theater Square designated as a fan zone for fans from all over the world, as well as high-ranking officials and FIFA representatives. The square is just 200 meters away from these slums, with a wall blocking the view.

I am a big believer in eminent domain (though to be fair to the owners, they should be paid above the value). Collectivism is the way, individualism is for fags. If someone is ruining things for society by refusing to sell, then eminent domain should absolutely be used.

I bet there wouldn't be an issue that way. However, owners were "strongly convinced" to sell five times below the market price, with Rostov's star attorney (((Livshitz))) roflstomping unwashed masses' attempts to fight in court.

Cold water has been shut off to the area, only hot water is available to volunteer firefighters now.