A simple question with a complex answer

I have never posted on Sup Forums since it is such a cancerous board compared to /bant/, but today, I have gathered my hazmat suit and stepped into the internets version of lake karachy in order to ask its residents a question: In light of some of the things that humans have accomplished in recent years, should humanity limit its advances in some fields in order to spend it on others?

/bant/ is such a comfy board

Life is a competition and thats not only on an individual scale
We should share if it means profit for both sides for example two nations working on a self benefitial project toghether

fuck off furfag hipster faggot yiff in hell

this
furries should have their suits and """art""" burnt first and then gassed

I couldn't find an image that related to the topic at hand, so I just picked a random image from my downloads. I'm not a furry, and I would much prefer it if they all died.

>In light of some of the things that humans have accomplished in recent years, should humanity limit its advances in some fields in order to spend it on others?
NO we should spend infinity money and infinity time on everything equally

No, that's not what I meant. I meant if humans should, let's say, completely stop mining coal and focus all of that energy on finding better and renewable energy.

If you stop coal or oil instantly where are you gonna get energy from to develop these new technologies. It should be a transition not a sudden change

imagine being this stupid

>I have never posted on Sup Forums since it is such a cancerous board compared to /bant/

Hark! What manner or specie of newfaggot is this?

Fucking neck yourself. Seriously. We don't want /bant/ trash here.

Right when you think you hit rock bottom, some fuck from /bant/ shows up and suddenly there's a whole new layer of stupid.

I can't it fukken hurts

>if humans should, let's say, completely stop mining coal and focus all of that energy on finding better and renewable energy
Follow that thought through. How exactly would that happen?

It's just an example to make my question a bit easier to understand.

> In light of some of the things that humans have accomplished in recent years, should humanity limit its advances in some fields in order to spend it on others?

If the market itself is dictating where money is being put into R&D how would you propose changing it? Are you going to use force of state to stop companies from investing in the development of products that people are actually buying? You think legislation is going to dictate how companies can mange their own R&D? A government bureaucracy that manages the inner finances of private companies is about the most ridiculous thing one could imagine.

Even posing such a question shows a categorical failure of reasoning and demeanor so immoral that you could be nothing other than an IRS employee.

It's a shit example. You can't just yank the energy supply out from under the world's feet and say "lol guise hang on, free clean energy in 30 minutes, kthxbye" while your dumbass goes about trying a bunch of shit that people are already working on and have yet to be successful in integrating into the infrastructure because a) the technology isn't there yet b) it isn't economically feasible c) there isn't widespread support from the private or public sectors d) any or all of the above

You're not that /diy/ faggot who got fired from from his roofing crew for insisting that tarring roofs would be more efficient with a roller than a mop, are you? Because you sound an awful lot like that faggot.

I'm not really sure what exactly it is you;re asking but my answer still stands and applies to other things to, change should be a transition not a revolution and it should bubble up from below as much as it is guided from above

Okay so you're just a climate freak in disguise.

>check /bant/
>first thread Bogdanoff thread
Go back