Redpill me on automation, Sup Forums...

Redpill me on automation, Sup Forums, it genuinely scares me that 60% of jobs on Earth could be automated in the next thirty years. How do we stop it? Or, failing that, how do we make the impact not as catastrophic?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PiwfTxVgI24
youtube.com/watch?v=WSKi8HfcxEk
vdare.com/posts/automation-how-its-changing-the-oil-patch
schools.com/news/30-percent-of-university-students-take-courses-online.html
independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/online-learning-is-the-blackboard-of-the-future-9117075.html
hslda.org/docs/news/2013/201309030.asp
independent
archive.is/0ZLVL
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Make new jobs
Also kick out all the nonwhites since we don't need them

Everything is moving into the entertainment and idea sphere. Start a YouTube account.

youtube.com/watch?v=PiwfTxVgI24

Not only will it not be catastrophic, it will be the biggest increase of living standards ever

Agree 100% with kicking out nonwhites (VDare has a bunch of fantastic articles on that) but how do we just create new jobs out of thin air?

There are jobs begging to be done.
Modern buildings and infrastuctire are shit. Internet is shit. Piwer generation is shit. Education is shit.
Very many things have massive room for improvement.

we build the world for the 86% of us that are lemmings. Soon we will all be in a higher standard of living because we're going to build the future for lemmings too.

the future is going to be like Wall-E where humans are all obese blobs sitting in power scooters watching youtube videos while robots do everything for them, and thats the best outcome if we can keep our economic house of cards from toppling over before we get to this point, get used to it meatbag

You don't stop it.

You adapt to it or die like you have the plague.

Infrastructure and power generation can be done by machines
vdare.com/posts/automation-how-its-changing-the-oil-patch

Education can (and imho should) be done at home or online
schools.com/news/30-percent-of-university-students-take-courses-online.html
independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/online-learning-is-the-blackboard-of-the-future-9117075.html
hslda.org/docs/news/2013/201309030.asp

Internet is the only one I can see as not being done by robots, but to make any significant amount of money online is ridiculously hard .

the real red pill is that automation is desirable and as its technology becomes descentralzied, and productivity is increased in all sectors of society (from commoners to companies) it should lead society into post scarcity

the important thing is that it is descentralized and common people get to benefit from it in the form of technology for small enterprise and to make a living.
universal basic income will lead to absolutely nowhere and is not really a solution towards this necessary step. dont lsiten to plebit niggers

What I'm saying is these areas need development, and ever short term jobs are still jobs.

Archived that
>independent co uk/news/education/education-news/online-learning-is-the-blackboard-of-the-future-9117075.html
archive.is/0ZLVL

This is it man. White blobs, yellow blobs, brown blobs, black blobs. They won't allow us to be muscular, intelligent cyborgs, we will be blobs.

there are three ways to fix this problem:

- acquire more energy and resources in order to produce more (actual) jobs
- reduce the population so there are more resources to go around for the remaining people (i.e. collapse)
- technological regression (i.e. also collapse)

also, option one is off the table because are already overpopulated as fuck and are running out of resources pretty quickly. So automation will continue until the system destroys itself due to an overabundance of labor relative to the available resource base (in other words, ecological overshoot).

lel

Absolute meme. Some jobs will be automated, but tons have already been automated years ago.

Le reddit-brainlet level thinking to pray for UBI so people can be NEET's and give the state even more power by depending on it for their entire livelihood.

The ceos with robot workforces will continue to make millions without a thought to the common folk. There will be an uprising of the poor against the rich; Either the poor win and we enter full gommunism, or the rich win and we enter a fully automated utopia except with much, much fewer people on the planet.

I would rather live like a NEET off a UBI than be a slave to owners of capital who earn 99% of all the income because workers are no longer needed and only capital has effective productive value.

I don't like the idea of UBL because it basically makes everyone a welfare leech and it's economically infeasible, but at the same time I don't see any feasible options to stem or cope with automation.

>makes everyone a welfare leech
It shouldn't be a problem in the future though, the reason a UBI would work is because there is no point in people working because it's too inefficient/not enough jobs.
People either leech off the UBI or die in the streets.

Automation only becomes a problem when a civilization is no longer able to grow its economy quickly enough to offset the resulting loss of jobs. In the United States, we began to reach the limits of economic growth around 1970, when median wages began to stagnate, and the economic growth we have experienced since then has mostly come from the procurement of debt (which manifests itself in the cannibalization of our infrastructure, industrial base, and other capital assets in order to fund new economic activity which, in this case, could not sufficiently pay for itself in order for such a tradeoff to be worthwhile).

Where does the money come from for UBI?

>I'm forced to live as a dependent drone inside a city
No.

Grow your own food.

Public Education is one of the best things the US has ever produced, and it is one of the key issues keeping me from supporting ''''''''conservatives'''''''
You need to get in school and be educated with others. A good school, not a violent hell-hole.
One of the best experiences of my life.
The fact that US education was Cultural Marxism beginning in the late 80s is one of the foundational attack by the Marxists at the pillar of US society.
It was started by Russian Communists and is being continued by Russian and Chinese cultural warriors with pockets full of cash.

Molymeme is a retard and if you think he is giving you any clear unbiased thoughts about automation and it's effects i pray for you. He sucks capitalist cock like no other.

this, the future should be about becoming more independent, not becoming more dependent
plebitors are stupid news at 6. never trust a plebit fagot

The owners of the capital.
Assuming nothing is change going forward we will have to sets of people, those who own the robots and those who don't.
Those who own the robots get all the income and everybody else gets nothing, so what we do is take enough money away from the ultra rich robot owners to give to everybody so we can finally live in a utopia where art and culture can flourish.

Implying that "automation" hasn't existed for thousands of years...

what will we do without the walmart greeter!!!

this is the truth

The problem with public schooling is that it is absurdly susceptible to cultural Marxism and other subversion. Homeschooling produces superior students compared to the current public schooling system, and also does much to keep the strong, nuclear family unit intact, rather than fracturing it at the earliest possible age

there is one way out: energy based currency

>factory became autonomous
>no longer need 3rd world worker
>people like me start losing job and have to pick a new skill
>more bread for Africa

Yeah, scary for us but not you guy

Original medical and environmental research, as well as research of space and the sea.

Do you really believe that the deep state- which by definition is the super-rich industrialists combined with super-rich politicians- would allow that? Would politicians really vote in favor of absurdly heavy taxes on their biggest- indeed, their ONLY campaign contributors?

Universal income will become a thing. Think star trek LARPing.

The concern about automation is not about it taking jobs but it controlling you. We don't know how to software we use works and have no source code, which means we can be spied on or made to think in a particular way.

Automation wouldnt be a problem with declining birthrates as biology is preparing itself for it. But if our overlords keep importing refugees it will have a catastrophic effect on a country as there will be huge groups of unemployed people.

Depends if you live a corrupt democracy or not lol
I can't speak for the USA, but plenty of countries are already considering a UBI and if the population wants a UBI then the politicians will oblige them to get elected short of some sort of military authoritarian government being formed.
Alot of countries used to have extremely high tax rates for high earners, there's not reason it can't happen again.

As I said, there is two outcomes, either we get the UBI and the wealth is shared, or this outcome is prevented by force and we become slaves of the ultra-rich.

Homeschooling is a great way to destroy social skills and figure out how to get people to do what you want before you get hired.

>make new jobs
why do retards think this will work?

just because a job is "new" doesn't mean a robot can't do it too
any job that requires manual labor will be taken over by robots
even the skilled labor jobs will be taken over by robots shortly after
the only jobs that will remain are jobs that the populace believes are too sensitive or immoral for robots to take over

it doesn't matter how many "new jobs" you make you imbecile
implying you can even just make up jobs out of thin air

Yeah you want to kick out the welfare losers before you build your welfare state.

But of course the powers that be are onto that. The pope is pushing to get all the third worlders into first world welfare states, so they all get some and you get much less.

Seems kinda unfair because you built this welfare state. Instead let us build the machines first, then we'll sell those machines to the third world countries and they can benefit too.

But we don't want their population.

>he didn't even read the infograph's part specifically about social skills in homeschoolers
>when_you_make_an_absolutely_abhorrent_post.jpg

Learn a skill set that can't be automated. Something that requires creativity (entertainment, art, music) or requires something that is a little bit beyond "robots can do the task" like software development or actually involved in the production of the automated machines themselves.

The answer to Cultural Marxism is to prohibit CM in schools.
Not destroy schools.
My school day.
>arrive at school, play in complete safety with vigor
>get to class, sit down
>teacher walks in
>say Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
>have a film strip
>recess, play with friends on the swings
>come back in, learn to spell
>have lunch with friends, talk about Battlestar Galactica
>go to class, do math
>recess, play with vigor
>make Art out of paste and stuff until afternoon
>walk home in utter safety and security without a care in the world
>play with friends in the plans you made at school
>eat dinner, take bath, tuck in
>don't let the bedbugs bite
That shit is gone and should be regained
Homeschooling your kids feeds the fear the Cultural Marxists have used to ruin our children
>I want the blood of Cultural Marxists to run in the streets because they stole this from my children, and from you, user
But I will settle for forced expulsion or life imprisonment.

in an energy-constrained world, such a currency would still ultimately lead to the consolidation of wealth into smaller and smaller groups of people, since some ventures would inevitably yield higher returns than others. Ultimately, even with energy-based currency the same process would still unfold. This whole process is pretty fundamental to the dynamics of why civilizations overextend themselves and ultimately fail; the only way you could maybe hypothetically stop it is if you created a civilization which experienced no growth at all and existed in some sort of steady-state, though such a civilization would probably be taken over in the short-term by one which favored growth.

Ultimately, I do not believe that civilizations can ever be sustained in the long term. The rise and fall of empires comes about, I think, from processes rooted in thermodynamics and biology.

Well, non-corrupt governments are in very short supply worldwide, so it looks like we don't have a very good future.

Public schools like that don't exist anymore, user. They're all infested with leftist propaganda about kids being free to experiment with their fluid sexuality, and the federal government isn't constitutionally allowed to be in education anyway.

Raze the system to the ground. If you REALLY need public schools, they should be a state-run affair, not federal.

Digits confirm

Duh, homeschooled kids do better in school, they're almost all white and middle class or better. It isn't because homeschooling is better, it's because it attracts the people who would be the better performers in public schools, but not the poor performers (and also removes many of these people from public school, further decreasing public schooling's numbers).

>non-corrupt governments are in very short supply worldwide
Not if you live in the first world

i hope i'm jobless after the automation revolution
wagecucking is suffering

being homeless and dying of starvation honestly doesn't sound that bad of an alternative
at least i won't be panicked

About half of the western governments that make up most of the "first world" are run by pedophile kikes user

They will have to make new jobs/introduce a living wage or entire industries will fail. If 60% of the work force is unemployed, what good is automation? No customers, no profits.

Yes automation will come, but it can only grow as fast as the market allows.

Example: Book stores became irrelevant with the introduction of e-readers. Once they all shut down, suddenly the demand for paper books exploded. The market did not allow a pure automation of books. Supply and demand.

A purely automated workforce sounds like a utopia. A living wage will be given to eveyone amd we could can spend everyday choosing to enjoy life how we please. People who wanted jobs will create industries and the class system will pretty much stay the same.

I would argue that most first world govt's minus Australia, UK and US are fairly uncorrupt. (mind you that is a large chunk of the western population).

Of course you can have shithead politicians but nothing super obvious.

>Raze the system to the ground. If you REALLY need public schools, they should be a state-run affair, not federal.
Right, and it can be regained
Why even be politically active if you are just going to hide in your hole as an actual tactic?
I hide in my hole because I found out I am not even *in* the game of life
But you, user, should not be advocating that middle-class whites hide in their fucking house
That is cultural marxism
Don't fall for it, fight for your country.
Public Schooling is good.

Why do you think corporate elite care about your livelihood if they own the pockets of government and can simply cut the ties to your livelihood at any time. Automation will happen. It will not happen or be beneficial for 95% of the population. There will be mass culling and famine. Riot as you will, robots will heartlessly and indiscriminately kill you to protected their owners.

What can you do about it? Nothing. Just enjoy your time while you can.

> that flag
> he wants to stop it

You're not fooling me, user. Nice try.

No minimum wage and drop the welfare programs. There's always more work to be done around business and industry, but regulating wages means those jobs just don't get filled. If the 90+ million people who are able to work, but aren't, were actually contributing to society - cost of living is reduced by a huge margin as goods and services get cheaper. Value of the dollar increases, and wages stabilize where employment is full - as people compete for jobs. Automation after that makes absolute sense.

Free market worked for building our country originally. No reason it wouldn't work now.

>bartender
>16/hr

vs

>bar machine
>needs bottle changes, constant adjustment
>engineer to service it
>technician to keep it stocked and running daily

I can't even speculate how much more that will cost

>hiding in a hole
No, I'm advocating for abolishing a system that has indoctrinated and broken several generations of American youth into accepting every fucking level of degeneracy the kikes want to push on us. That's not hiding, that's taking a stand.

Meanwhile, as our children are taught about all sixty-seven genders and how race is a social construct, you are embodying the "this is fine" meme in your defense of such an obviously broken system.

I know full well anecdotes don't count for anything, but I'll indulge myself just this once: I personally learned more about history and literature from my own studies than I did in twelve fucking YEARS of schooling. I'm abysmal at mathematics thanks to Common Core, and most of my graduating class was complacent, complaint mouthbreathers willing to do whatever the ruling elites tell them to.

Private and homeschooling is objectively superior, and your lens of nostalgia for the broken public schools won't change that.

>what retards think
10 workers make 100 shoes
new machine comes out that can make 100 shoes with 1 operator
1 worker makes 100 shoes, 9 lose their jobs

>what will actually happen
10 workers make 100 shoes
new machine comes out that can make 100 shoes with 1 operator
10 workers make 1000 shoes
price of shoes drops to 1/10th original price
we all become richer

They won't. I'm a machinist and CNC machines are as dumb as a rock.

>everyone will keep 30 pairs of shoes
way faggy, user

Have you never heard of Australian economics?

Redpill me on slavery abolition, Sup Forums, it genuinely scares me that 60% of jobs on Earth could be automated with farming equipment instead of niggers in the next thirty years. How do we stop it? Or, failing that, how do we make the impact not as catastrophic?

It's just a simplistic analogy. The production will shift to where the demand is, and there will always be more demand. Instead of having a car and three TVs you'll have as many TVs as you want because they're $40 each, three cars, and a yacht.

not even remotely comparable but if we wanna go down that road i offer you Detroit today vs any southern plantation in the 1850s

You will not be able to stop it. You will end up poor and destitute as we transition. The capitalists will hold out as long as possible. They will kill all of us before accepting a Star Trek The Next Generation society.

>Can't even manage to feed everyone on the planet
>suddenly everyone has a yacht
I FUCKING LOVE AI NOW

Got a solution
At birth, every hunan is asigned one humanoid robot. He would do the shitty dangerous blue collar job that you would be doing yourself unless you study medicine or become an artist whatever. Your only job is to take care of your robot, talk to him, train him, etc. I think this may work

Detroit today has nothing to do with innovation in production or efficiency. It only has to do with Democrat policy and welfare funding niggers having more nigglets. The factories moving to China and away from the state thanks to Security concerns and lower manufacturing prices in other nations. All automation will do is cull and exterminate the weak and stupid until all things become so cheap that the surviving underclass will have middle class living standards (relative to today)

Just how the underclass of today lives like the Kings of the 1800s, and the underclass of the 1800s lived like noblemen compared to the dark ages (able to own land, self determination, etc)

>o
Wrong. Detroit is late stage capitalism.

Even worth for a lot of people hoping UBI is a solution is, if the smart ones go to SEA or maybe future Kekistan and work remote and don't contribute taxes anymore. I think the future with Automation is more and more Jobs can and will be done remotely.
This can be slowed down with tax laws like in the US where you have to pay taxes anyway unless you renounce your citizenship. But probably isn't enough, then you need Berlin style Walls and shoot fleeing people.

>late stage capitalism means massive state controls and regulations along with Socialist welfare policies and programs.
Ok

The biggest misconception people have about the future is that everyone will choose the same level of development in advanced societies.

Millions of people with become a more advanced version of the Amish. Living in rural areas and employed inside niche markets that value craftsmanship.

Things could go extremely sour if the urban elite became too detached from the rest of their people. Most likely outcome would be genocide, or devastation through environmental negligence.

This would be a disaster for humanity, because more advanced humans will reproduce less and less. The test tube babies they make will be too few, and unreliable. It is extremely important to keep a good gene pool of primitive humans, who are caretakers of the earth and provide fresh blood into cities.

National Socialism is ideal for creating this natural balance.

jobs do not get created because people need to gainful employment
jobs are created because the need arises for a service
if the robots are perfectly capable of doing the job there isn't going to be "welfare jobs" to give to people to make money
the only jobs that humans can take from robots are jobs where it's actually more cost effective for humans to do it
in other words jobs that are too dangerous for the robots that the company doesn't want to risk wasting money on losing equipment so instead they'll pay humans next to nothing to do it instead and not care if they die

why would companies hire your personal robot and pay you the same wages you normally get when they could buy their own robots and pay them nothing?

You sound like a 19th century farmer who worry what will happen to 90% of the population employed in agriculture with all this new farming machinery. They will just be liberated to do something better.

>because someone worried about something happening in the past and they were wrong means this is also wrong

educate yourself you dumb niggers

only way i see it working is that since it takes jobs from people it has to pay taxes that will be paid to citizens as basic income.

or then we could do the wiser but more inhuman thing and let all unemployed and uneducated die.

or do you guys think that cultural jobs and services would rise to fill the place for actual jobs?

bump so some faggot can give me a (You) and so i can argue some more

I welcome automation, the world will be far more efficient, safe and advanced

My advice, avoid the service and manufacturing sectors the robots will dominate, might want to move out to the countryside if you don't already live rural, and do something with your hands, something that takes craftsmanship like building cabinets, chairs, and other cool shit outta wood or metal that the dumb hippy tourists will buy because you call it "art" when the unemployment hits hard the cities will likely experience riots followed by government crackdown and then outrageous taxes levied on the business owners like taxes too high for any honest person to pay, this will be a ruse to seize their business and distribute the profits and products to the masses, automation will bring the globalists plan closer to fruition. but I think the rural areas will be much less effected.

This doesn't make sense. If we allow automation the future of the world is going to be socialism no matter what...

Socialism always fails.

If you've worked around automation, you know it goes down on a daily basis. The shit doesnt stay running, the assembly jobs that become automated are below what a human should spend their time doing, and you'll only ever see the crap being utilized by corporate monstrosities

is there anything wrong with socialism if no one has to do the work?

you're like the idiots that work at my factory
>no way will everyone here be replaced by robots!
meanwhile there are no box tapers, box folders, box gluers, plastic wrappers etc because automation
the amount of people working there is already reduced by half because of the machines/robots in the assembly line

you really think that breaking down often and requiring timely maintenence is technological hurdles we can never surpass?
if so then you don't understand technology and are probably over 35 years old

You value man-made creations more that God-made creations.

we kill all poor non whites after we build robots

no

Other than mentally ill leaders ofc

>Romanian
>killing poor non-whites
Are you saying that your nation should commit national suicide?

Being homeless is pretty comfy, just need a shopping cart and a can opener

I want to be a human being. I want to struggle like a human being. I want to fight like a human being. Automation truly scares me, because it will make life something not worth living. If I don't become rich before this happens I will genuinely kill myself.

The day we create a self modifying computer is the day it all ends. Singularity soon boys hd onto your butts.

Yeah, automation is only good if everything is automated, otherwise you would see people getting fired left and right.