So I bought welder's goggles at Harbor Freight Today

I got a great view of the sun for the 3 hours of the eclipse today. Saw everything it it is a memory that will last a lifetime. I'm seeing something like pic related right now, and it's bothering me. My goggles were Pittsburgh steel, so I'm assuming it's a quality product from PA. What should I do?

wait it out, it will heal. also delete your post. this is not political and is deserving of a ban

The autodarking lense from them is only a shade 10 or some shit. Not dark enough. You needed a shade 14 lense to look at the sun.

The "Pittsburgh steeeeel" is just a name the chinks slap on their shit to make it sound more American. They are still chinese made welding mask.

sage for not Sup Forums related

I'd jump her and get it in before she gets away.

It's official user, you have terminal brain cancer.

youre fucked. welder goggles arent strong enough.

too bad you dont have eyes as strong as trump

why would you stare at the sun for 3 hours? The eclipse only lasted 40 minutes, you stupid idiot

Sorry mate you've got dick cancer now

They can be if you get the right shade.

I guess you have built-in laser pointing now. Try signing up to be a sniper in the army.

what number shade did you get?

Dude it's like a rl cursor. Life should be easy now with your red dot scope.

You sunburned your retina. Go see an optometrist first thing in the morning. They can help mitigate any permanent damage you may have caused but you need it treated immediately.

Why would you spend time shitposting on Sup Forums for hundreds of hours? Life only lasts 42048000 minutes, you stupid idiot.

I saw a bunch of idiots staring at the sun before it even started. In a few years we're going to be hearing about all the people that went blind from this, it'll be great.

THATS A TRAP! MODS!

Today's eclipse was an inside job

if you mean what i think you mean by "welding goggles, you actually only got cutting goggles which are about a shade 4. A full welding hood would have been better but from your symptoms, you really fucked up user

It was labeled 8 at the store. It was the only one they had left on the shelf. Had to beat a Mexican off to get them, and I'm not too proud of that.

1. Go to /sci/ and not Sup Forums
2. Check the shade of the goggles. You need at least 13 to stare at the sun and not take damage iirc.

I used old sunglasses with two layers of a mylar balloon underneath and I'm fine. Of course, I didn't stare at the sun for three hours.

I think I'll be fine. The red dot is irritating, but it will be gone tomorrow I'm sure.

Real solar shades are like 2 bucks and wouldn't have left you with scorched eyes.

I got a two pack with an eclipse pamphlet from the drug store for like 5 bucks.

heh sure it will

Drug store was sold out, that's why I had to buy the ones at Harbor Freight. It hurt a bit looking at the sun, but the cashier told me they would keep me safe.

you dun caught the arc eye
you will be as blind as an old welder now

nah, that red dot will go away, I'm sure of it. Trump looked at the sun too and he managed to read that teleprompter tonight.

Ya, not enough. Go to eye doc asap and maybe he can limit the damage.

China also flooded the market with shit solar shades. They even put the proper standards marks on them as if they were tested and certified. Literally the only way to make sure you definitely got good ones was to buy from the American Astronomical Association's list of trusted sellers, which of course were mostly sold out weeks ago. (And now it's a Sup Forums thread because China is literally trying to make us go blind!)

You can test them some yourself. Look through them. The sun should be comfortably bright. Super bright things like filaments in clear light bulbs and phone flash LEDs should be barely visible. Everything else not at all. That will generally weed out the fake ones, but doesn't test if they actually block UV.

It may or may not. You should still see an eye doc if it's not gone by morning.

I bet he didn't stare directly into the sun for 3 hours.

I made a sun box. I poked two holes in a box and looked through them at the sun, and am also seeing the same thing as OP.

This big dot is going over everything.

I made pinhole cameras for the kids with cereal boxes but I figured I could glance and look back. I didn't stare for 3 hours, but I'd say that I gave it a good 10 minutes of view when it went full eclipse. NASA said we would be fine looking during the total eclipse, didn't they?

WTF why did you do this? That doesn't help much at all, you're still looking at direct sunlight.

I used a box too, but cut 2 holes, one small and one large, on the same side. I put foil over the small hole and poked a hole in it with a pin. Then I taped white paper over the back of the box. I pointed the pinhole toward the sun and adjusted it until the image of the sun was on the paper, looking in through the large hole. That way I could watch a dim **reflected image** of the sun, shone onto a sheet of paper, well dimmer than if I read a book in sunlight.

>What should I do?
kys.

It's fine, by looking at it through a small hole you're limiting the UV to your cornea to safe levels

The holes were eye sized.

> looking at a grill with no hips

indeed, definitely get your testosterone checked m8

You're still getting direct sunlight straight in on that little area of retina the hole is shining it into.

What. The. Fuck. WHY? So you were basically like looking straight at the sun through a paper towel tube?

This eclipse is a goldmine, all the idiots in the US now have permanent eye damage.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I looked at the sun for most of the eclipse and my little red spot is all I have to worry about. It will probably be gone tomorrow.

epic XD

That thigh gap tho

Go to a fucking doctor

It's a bit like Somalis in Sweden.
>Don't look at them, they will upset you
Look at them and vote for Sweden Democrats

>tfw pro CS players start doing this to get natural monitor dot that cant be banned or detected in tournaments

if true you're a retard, if not you're a faggot. should kys ASAP

I think I'm okay. It's just a red spot. If it's still a problem I'll see a doctor next week.

>8
Pretty sure they recommended 14 to watch the eclipse. I'm not meming here, if what you said is all true, you need to go to an eye doctor and tell them you looked at the sun for three hours.
You might have to really convince him because he is bound to be inundated with hypochondriacs who glanced at the sun.

I already did and will again. Exponential growth for the only anti-immigration party with a chance to win in Europe.

How's your anti-immigration choices looking, burger? Wall soon, right? At least now you'll have a nice blank spot in the middle of your vision to shield you from the truth about Trump and the republicans.

You needed a shade 12 and 13 would of been best, you're fucked user.
Also post this to Sup Forums to get shit on or /sci/ to figure out how the sun and UV rays work.

you needed shade 14 welding lenses

they probably weren't dark enough
go to a doctor if not better by morning

I'm a welder
dad is an eye doctor
and cousin tim literally works for nintendo

>Pittsburgh Steel

Everything from Harbor Freight is "Pittsburgh Steel" brand . It's all made in fucking China, though.

What shade was your lens? I wouldn't have looked with anything lighter than 13.

>Had to beat a Mexican off
Did you get his number

It had an 8 on it, but it was lighter than my Oakleys. I thought it was some kind of thing that wasn't visible to the eye or something.

Technically border crossings are dried up so things are looking good even without a wall but good luck to you, not gonna be like all the others to default to >le sweden memeing, hopefully we all pull through the 3rd world scourge

303-eightsixsevenfivethreeohnine

>I think I'm okay. It's just a red spot. If it's still a problem I'll see a doctor next week.
I do not give a fuck if you think you are okay go visit a doctor preferably sometime this week.

You can only stare at the sun with approved glasses or a shade 14 and up without damaging your eyes and even then staring at the sun for a while can still hurt your eyes.

Sleep it off and rest your eyes

>see a doctor next week
Lol
Go see a doctor dude just in case, better safe than sorry

nah, it's only an afterimage. Sup Forums was making fun of people who couldn't stare at the sun all day. What do you take me for, some kind of faggott?

I used a pair of these glasses that were recommended by NASA. They are fully legit, bought before they were hard to find. I looked at the eclipse for a total of maybe 4min in short 30sec glances, and my eyes have felt like I swam in chlorine all day.

Yikes. You're probably going to feel like someone threw sand in your eyes tonight. I've burnt my eyes from welding next to other guys in the dark and it's a bitch for about two or three days but it goes away. Never had the dots, though. I'd go to the doctor.

I did the same thing, It was pretty fun just making my own solar viewer and watching the sun even when it was slightly overcast and the clouds projecting onto the white sheet of paper. Although, I do feel sorry for the kids that had to stay locked up inside away from any windows today because they're too retarded to not look up directly at the sun.

>Technically border crossings are dried up so things are looking good

You've been nice so I hate to point it out but even with a magical 0% immigration you're being outbred and will lose majority within 10 years.

> hopefully we all pull through the 3rd world scourge

I hope so too but it's really a case of "no country for white men". The entire west has gone mad and even if we stop the immigration completely the ghettoes of people we've imported are a lethal cancer already.

Every stone they flip over in France and Belgium in muslim quarters they find stockpiles of weapons and explosives. This shit just isn't going to get better before it gets worse.

classic case of
>made in america

We aren't talking about your depressing shit Sven, fuck off. This is about the eclipse.