System of a Down?

What's Sup Forumss opinion of the band System of a Down?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bOEZRjK6Glk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

When they first came out they were great. Got worse after as they went along. Like most bands really.

Loved them back in the day now it's cringey shit to go back and listen to.

they are roachpilled

Armo's arent white.

they're disgusting and they smell.

Toxicity was God tier.
Downhill from there.

>where were the eyes of the jet pilots as they flew over the bay.

they knew 9/11 was an inside job before it happened. probably terrorists.

One of the worst bands ever, right behind Nickleback, Creed, and Linkin Park...

WAKE UP

We might never get a new album because Serj is being a fucboi, also got tired of hearing them talk about the armenian genocide all the time.

I used to like them when I was 16.

System of a down syndrome

I like their music as it's different but realize the band isn't hippy-dippy like they want you to believe. Serj maybe. The rest drive Hummers and think the Edmonton Oilers are the greatest hockey team.

They're enjoyable, and I agree with anti-interventionism, legalized drugs, and prison reform, so they don't piss me off when they start shilling.

Having said that, they're kind of too overt and cringey sometimes.

> all research and successful drug policy shows that treatment should be increased
> and law enforcement decreased while abolishing mandatory minimum sentences

Good band. Still occasionaly listen to some of their old songs. Faggy slide thread tho so saged.

they were pretty redpilled desu

last good band to come out of glendale

>fuck laws and borders and shit

a fucking hook-nosed, fake intellectual. All he does is criticizing goverments while saying nothing substantial

whinny liberal faggots

>Linkin Park
>Bad
Not so fast Pedosta scum

back in high school I formed a band with a few friends called System of an Up and we sang songs about denying the armenian genocide. we played two songs at the schools talent show and got suspended because the principal was armenian and I was already on bad terms with him but whatever

Embarrassingly bluepilled. John Oliver tier band

youtube.com/watch?v=bOEZRjK6Glk

Good music, don't care what there politics are. They were the best band to come out when Nu-metal was a thing.

They never took the redpill on race realism....

> all research and successful drug policy shows that treatment should be increased
> and law enforcement decreased while abolishing mandatory minimum sentences
Yeah for white people this would probably work, but cops need those harsh drug laws to get gang banging niggers off the street and unfortunately you're not allowed to have different laws for white people and niggers "cause that's racist".

Their early work made >some< salient points to the government's approach to censorship and anti-ethical behavior.
>deer dance
A story (and a plea) about how gov't propaganda and forceful control only hurts discontent people more.
>spiders
How the gov't utilizes technology to undermine the freedom of the people. Oh how funny that so much of this topic (not necessarily the song) has come to pass.
>prison song
A very accurate moral regard for how society seems to throw away light offenders for offenses which are proven to be better handled through care and treatment than a hostile and isolating envionment
To name but a few (of few)

Serg used his popularity afterwords to peddle half-truths to half-wits for the social posturing. Nearly everything he says is communist-Marxist biased and full of horse shit.

>"Wired were the eyes of the Horse on the Jet Pilot,
>One that smiled as he flew over the bay"
Has nothing to do with 9/11
Literally AND thematically the lyrics are as follow:
>The horse's eyes were deadlocked on a pilot as his (the pilot's) jet flew over the bay
It's an interpretation of a story about a horse in NY which always wished to fly after being relinquished to a form of antiquity, and one day glanced up and could see flying through the eyes of a pilot.
And the song ultimately is describing how technology can rampage the Earth.

Drug crime is the one area where that image macro of the black guy pointing at his head is applicable.

> can't have drug crime if there are no drug crimes to commit

If drugs were legal suddenly there wouldn't be a big black market driving all the murder and gangs anymore. Blacks wouldn't go back to pre-LBJ condtions overnight but it'd be a hell of a step in the right direction.