ADHD what does pol think?

Do some believe its an actual disorder that needs medication
>OR
Its just the personality type that doesn't conform with the structure of society such as school, work etc

Other urls found in this thread:

rdos.net/eng/asperger.htm
huffingtonpost.com/garret-loporto/surprising-way-your-neand_b_568455.html
huffingtonpost
archive.is/PyVKK
mega.nz/#!hSIiWbgC!wbWa2x62X29f2p0xv8rXCIZH1jqjCaKYEjgLwyORbX8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ADHD is a potent std. almost 4/5 college students has it

a lot of people fake having it to get extra credit and shit in college especially in the US, but you can see it on brain scans

I was diagnosed when I was a little kid. I experience almost non of the symptoms. To me it's just an excuse to get kids hooked on prescription meth at a young age.

Side affects of adderall and other medication include heart palpitations, stunted growth, sexual dysfunction and so on. I'd rather deal with the supposed symptoms.

My whole family is hooked on that shit, but I stopped taking it when I was 17. Coincidentally, I'm the skinniest and tallest in my family, everyone else is a fat manlet with pathological personality disorders.

Both. Depends on your point of view.

I knew a guy who ended up in hospital because his throat closed on ritalin, how could they tell the difference between being a kid and ADHD?

What do you call a camp for Jewish kids with ADHD?

Death camps.

what do you call two kid yanks in a school?
>>target practice

ADHD and Asperger's came from neanderthals because they were evolutionary traits which were good for hunting.

rdos.net/eng/asperger.htm

Intense focus and high energy levels were useful for survival in ice age europe. Neanderthals actually had 10% larger brains because of high natural selection in very hostile environment where you needed brains to survive.

Africa has food and warmth around the year so it was all about multiplying and killing rival tribes for living space. That's why niggers are so aggressive and ape-like. More north you go, more neanderthal genes people have. Only race which doesn't have superior neanderthal genes are niggers.

Current society is just so much different place than forest where we had to hunt for a living. Sitting still in classroom is not what we used to do.

Neanderthals raped women from africa and created cro-magnons which also had larger brains than current humans but it was able to reproduce fast and replace and assimilate original neanderthals. They lived side by side for a long time and we still have neanderthal DNA. Sometimes those genes are stronger so we are literally cavemen.

It's not meant as an insult because all neanderthals I know have really strong mind and willpower. Asperger brain is simply wired like neanderthals, that's why they feel like different race.

huffingtonpost.com/garret-loporto/surprising-way-your-neand_b_568455.html

Please archive
>huffingtonpost com/garret-loporto/surprising-way-your-neand_b_568455.html
archive.is/PyVKK

>ADHD what does pol think?

shitty thing to have.

parents do not love kids, kids want attention and love in other places

to any fags who have it is there any way to control it at all or is it just constant?

ADHD is something that can be compromised with if people had the right tools to cope with it. Do I think it is a major societal issue? No. Is medication overly prescribed in these cases? Yes. The use of prescription drugs in youth is fucking disgusting. My brother is 16 and has been prescribed Adderall the past 5 years. It has done nothing but cause negative effects. It's essentially speed and should not be given to children. Now my brother is a high school dropout who stays up until 5 AM playing League of Legends every single night.

I forget where I found the information, but there is a correlation between ADHD symptoms and gut bacteria. C-sections prevent the good bacteria in the mother from reaching the baby through natural birth. ADHD symptoms can be managed with probiotics and eating right. Wish I had the source.

whatever the reason, i'm not able to concentrate naturally at the level i'd like to, so it is a disorder that needs medication in my case.

Gives me legal speed

I took it for awhile when I was like 6? Can't remember exactly. I was a normal kid but apparently in like 3rd or 4th grade I took a toy gun to school and threatened someone. Pretty hilarious actually but I ended up being "diagnosed" with ADHD or whatever and was put on Ritalin. I'm 5'11 and my uncles are like 6'3 so I think it definitely affected my growth.

I've also seen studies about attention problems being the result of inefficient brain structure as a result of lack of lateralization of brain function (lack of hemispheric dominance) that overlaps quite a bit with left-handedness. That and lack of habits and mental structure over a lifetime

I'm left-handed and definitely have some hardwired issues with attention and I can see it with my father was well

I've seen people on the UK equivalent of Ritalin and Adderall and it seems to hit people in like waves.
One minute they are like zombies and the next they are back to having their symptoms

been around forever, only in modern times has life became complicated and flashy enough that it's a problem that's diagnosed
>have adhd or low level autism in 1800s
>just known as that weird kid/dude who stares off into space or needs you to repeat shit sometimes, because what the fuck is there to focus on other than tending to the fields and cows
>have adhd/autism in modern life, constant ads, noises, entertainment, distractions everywhere

Depends upon the severity of the symptoms I think. I was told that I had the capability to "intensely hyper focus" as a child, which I always thought was something odd for someone with ADHD to have.

hunter gatherer genetics

Honestly I think ADHD/ADD could be significantly corrected through proper and consistent discipline and an orderly lifestyle. Some people are obviously predisposed to it, but the breakdown in discipline, the family unit, and education are all making it much worse

Sup Forums is probably one of the worst things there are for attention spans to be honest. Endless content

do you fags have coping methods for dealing with it?

>I was told that I had the capability to "intensely hyper focus" as a child
Because the human brain can maintain that hyper focus for only so long... For me it's approximately 20 - 40 minutes, depending on what I ate in prior two days and how much fresh air I have access too. I find it very hard to maintain hyperfocus without burning out in standard buildings that have centralized AC systems. Air quality is a big factor, ie oxygen content.
>captcha
>TURBOCANARY

you can control the distractability part of it with very good discipline. i'll notice this when a deadline is approaching, i can concentrate longer.

however, the amount of actual progress that i make depends greatly on medication. i might think about something for a long time and still not be able to visualise the problem or come up with any solution without the medication. even my writing is noticeably less coherent and abstract thought is much much harder. i have fewer and less frequent moments of insight.

build a daily routine and look into mindfulness meditation. I've never taken medication but I don't think it's that fair to completely mock it, especially if there is inherent chemical/structural imbalances in the brain. I'm working on it myself and I've been doing better lately

oh and try to limit coming here

does it ever wear off? you never seem old people with ADHD?

People just have less active brains in general as they get older. Less energy makes it less noticeable too.

do you recommend creating a journal or using one of those apps to help someone with it?

>Its just the personality type that doesn't conform with the structure of society such as school, work etc
The latter. I just think this is the way you are made.

I was diagnosed with it and refuse to take any meds. Instead I just drink when I'm feeling especially addy.

It all depends. Sometimes I'd consciously stay focused because I'm in a meeting, but then I can't help but fidget and yawn after 10 minutes even though I'm not bored or anything.
You also tend to forget the simplest shit.
With deadlines as said, it is easier to focus longer.

I think you're looking for excuses and self-indulgent comments to delude yourself into thinking you don't have a problem.

Spend less time on the internet and while being strict, be willing to forgive yourself and move on if you struggle with something. I have a physical journal that I write in in the morning to assign myself tasks, and then return to at night to write down thoughts and stuff

focus on doing small things daily, everyday, and don't overwhelm yourself at first. It's the surest way to struggle with it and don't rely on energy coming from manic self-loathing

would this mean that people with adhd actually have an advantage over people without ADHD if civilisation ended as we know it and were back to hunting in forrest?

I haven't got ADHD or ADD and no bias .I'm the complete opposite and never had a problem studying in university I'm just curious to what society actually thinks about it honestly

>With deadlines as (You) said, it is easier to focus longer.

but this is only a small aspect of it. most people are motived by deadlines in similar way even if they don't have ADD.

the real problem is not being able to think clearly enough. it's a perpetual brainfog.

why do people on here think every attempt at discussion comes from some form of insecurity or avoidance of responsibility? Is it projection?

people with adhd already have an advantage. from my experience, we grow up with abnormal childhoods that expose us to things normal people would never be exposed to. Sup Forums is a pretty good example. if you properly control adhd and abuse medication when you need hyper focus, you're so much better than any normal brain

to those of you who want "treatment" or coping mechanisms, here's a book recommended by my kike psychiatrist who writes adder all prescriptions for cash. i've talked to him for hours about it
>managing your adult adhd
mega.nz/#!hSIiWbgC!wbWa2x62X29f2p0xv8rXCIZH1jqjCaKYEjgLwyORbX8

I know, makes me wonder how I even passed high school

>focus on doing small things daily, everyday, and don't overwhelm yourself at first. It's the surest way to struggle with it and don't rely on energy coming from manic self-loathing

this is the best kind of energy imo, as terrible as that sounds. you have to understand that even simple tasks require an unreasonable amount of energy and motivation. the kind of energy that you get from being unreasonably displeased by the result of not accomplishing said tasks.

I'm a electronic medical engineer in my second year of uni and the people in my theory classes (few have adhd) seem to shoot mental arithmetic so quick the Asian kids couldn't keep up, is this the medication or natural ability? do you fags suffer with anxiety in pair with it?

it can easily dissipate over the course of a week though and then you're in a slump and disinterested

DAILY REMINDER THAT PSYCHIATRIC DIAGNOSTICS ARE LITERALLY VOTED INTO EXISTENCE AND THAT PSYCHIATRY IS A PSEUDOSCIENCE.

maybe for you.

Your family is hooked on adderall and they're all fat? That doesn't add up

I probably have it, and apart from the difficulty of keeping a relationship and the impulsive shit I like it.
It makes me want a challenge but I can't play poker or chess any more because halfway through I stop giving a fuck, seems to have gotten worse since I was a kid.
I'm not an idiot though and I like to learn, so maybe that's why it works.
>Do you need medication
I'd lean towards no. Maybe it helps but I don't see what is so important that you need to focus on that you can't just take breaks with to do other work.

what made a relationship such a challenge with ADHD?

>I probably have it, and apart from the difficulty of keeping a relationship and the impulsive shit I like it.

if you like it then you probably do not have it.

50 here with ADHD. Sucks.

women are fucking boring and it gets tiring forcing yourself to keep fake conversation going. after a handful of failed relationships you simulate the chance of failure before even talking to a girl

Nah a lot of us get that. This is something widely said. It's the one thing I wish I could turn off.

Nah he def has it

sorry to hear that fags I didnt realise it effects personal relationships and its effects last that long

Would it affect your friendships aswell?

Well I can't focus on anything unless it challenges me, but I feel it makes me sharper, and not spending too long on the same thing makes me more well versed on different subjects. If I have to focus on something I just take lots of breaks, but honestly I don't really hate it.
Maybe it's because i don't know any better

I get bored of women easily, I always want to leave anywhere I go when we get there, I'm always fidgeting with shit, I like to gamble, I don't want to have long talks about anything, I do lots of different shit all the time and am unpredictable. Lots of things really

I call it 'dog with a bone' syndrome, I have it and periodically could accomplish amazing things hen completely immersed or fascinated by it. diagnosed in my 40's gave me a shit load of drugs for depression and adhd, (adderal put my brain to sleep but my heart race, not good) so I got fucked over real good. stopped cold turkey (doc's had me on a lot of shit) and I have been in a trough since, and in neutral. not real good not real horrible, but I don't like being around people, so I hang with Sup Forums

ADHD people are fucking geniuses. Theres definitely something different about them. But, yea I think it doesnt conform with the structure of society school, work and people are annoyed and stuff by ADHD people so they want them medicated. Thus they get hit with too many drugs and shit. Some ADHD people take their amphetamines prescribed and swear they feel better, so long as the person themselves feel they work, I think its ok. Thats something that really identifies if your ADHD, if you calm down when you take an upper theres definitely something different about you. I just dont think people should consider it a "handicap". Some ADHD people are famous scientists.

it's a matter of degree.

and why would i want to turn it off when it's the way i get things done? it's not pleasant, but it does work.

Tons of anxiety. You see things that are equally probably to happen because you can easily find reasons to create the cause and effect of possibilities so you get stuck and don't know what exactly you should do or say.

The feeling of ADD for me is like that feeling when you wake up but without sleep. You try to think but you can't make it solid. It's like trying to build a card castle and you always accidentally break the base everything falls off.

i've only connected with other men my age who have adhd or some other mental disorder. the friendships are pretty unusual, because we don't necessarily hang out or anything. it's mostly just someone to talk to casually through the day. no hobby talk, no planning, just current events and daily life.

it sounds fedora-core, but i immediately realize people aren't genuine when they're trying to talk and it's a complete waste of time. people usually lose interest when i tell them that i don't watch movies or television

it sounds like the perfect tool for a quantum scientist, do you have any coping methods for the anxiety? sorry to hear about the anxiety also

Main impact is on work relationships. Friendships, no real impact.

I believe its completely real, and had pretty much destroyed my life because Ive never been treated for it

>extra credit
Idiot
They fake it for adderal

I can relate to that, you just need to calm down and not overthink everything.
Sometimes I have ten things that i think I should say or do, or think about things from 5 different viewpoints and freeze for a second.

I try to just go with my gut these days and not worry about it, but it's hard when your mind is racing

The fact that we are all on pol rather than reading a book that can be equally as entertaining and doubly rewarding should speak for itself.

in UK universities will give you upto a 5% tollerance in exams and coursework etc if you have ADHD or similar

>The feeling of ADD for me is like that feeling when you wake up but without sleep

imo it's more like being drunk minus the pleasant effects of euphoria and inhibition.

I find it definitely effects relationships with people you basically zone out of realty and stop listening to them because they're boring as fuck i find alcohol helps alot

88D*
fixed that for you

ADHD is real but it's not truly a disorder per se, it's a completely normal neurological archetype. It's just out of sync with a 9-to-5 society.

can you drink while on the ADHD medication?

I could have had a normal life if i was treated for this fucking hell. Horrible grades every grade of school repeated a grade. fired from multiple jobs for not listening to instructions i just zone out i dont know how not too ive done this my whole life. but now im a fucking adult no doctors believe adult adhd is real in Australia. Parents blamed literally everyone else for my failing and never once thought it might be me

Ritalin kills my anxiety and usually gives me more contrast on the possibilities so I can choose them easier. It's like my ADD made me see the world with lower contrast and everything looks too much connected and I can't separate them in smaller systems (since mainstream education wants you to have a concrete absolute answer always). Ritalin lets me create illusory isolated systems and I am able to answer questions for others exactly like they wanted to hear (for example teachers).

As for me only it helps me choose what I want to do in the moment easier so it wont give me anxiety on what I want to do on that day.

Analogy with Quantum phenomena it's like my actions are stuck on the probability plane and nothing happens to be observed in reality and I look like an autist.

All my hyperactivity is inside and I look passive most of the time. As I said before, feels like you barely woke up but you have no need for sleep.

to anyone who isn't a larper: import modafinil or r-modafinil. it's not quite as effective but it does manage the fatigue quite well and if you have no tolerance to the stronger stuff you'll probably be impressed.

your only a victim of something if you let something define you, just look at the posts on this thread and see what positives could be from a shit situation as Ive recently learned!

I think it's real because I've been diagnosed with it. Even got a brain scan and everything.

It really sucks to have, makes your life empty and pointless.

there are no benefits to that disorder, except depression, anxiety, inevitable alcohol/drug abuse. Most parents care about their kids and get them mental help when they're obviously mentally ill

heard that stuff is great for university students trying to use smart drugs to pass exams when cramming

not worth it and will only make you hate yourself even more. you can only use it for a week before you build tolerance and it stops working.

still a piss-poor alternative to amphetamine or methylphenidate if those are what you're used to, but way better than nothing.

I was diagnosed. 32 married kids now. Its bullshit.

I definitely had more energy than kids my age. And all my female teachers only cared about me sitting down and shutting up when all i wanted was to do new things every day.

also that is actually illegal in Australia without a prescription

I have ADHD, Its weird, if you have it you know, ive known all my life something was slightly different just not how to explain it. The best way to describe it is that when you have ADHD you miss stupid things, if you are writing a paper it may be the best subject for a paper in the world, but being that you couldn't concentrate on the grammer it will need revision. ADHD makes you miss little things in a big picture even if you clearly see them your brain wont register it because you are thinking about something else. Its like your brain is moving 100 miles an hour. You get used to it after a while, I took medication a few years ago, Adderall, when I was studying for the LSAT. Long story short I hated it I did worse on the LSAT on Adderall then off my medication. Currently I'm a Law student with a scholarship and a bright future, with ADHD. Personally I believe that medicating children with ADHD is wrong because they simply haven't had the time to learn their thought process and are acting out because of how fast they think. I consider my ADHD a blessing, after learning to proof read and recheck everything I do I now know I can think circles around my fellow classmates and pick up on bigger picture themes that people without ADHD may not see.

same in the UK all of the powerful stuff has been banned from the UK because of the dangerous side effects we have the UK equivalent called conserta

if you got to 32 with untreated adhd and never became a depressed alcoholic you either didn't ever have it or your life was completely controlled like the military

>32 married kids
That's a lot of stamina, my dude. How many wives?

Left-handed is typically misdiagnosis of mixed handedness. These people have larger corpus callosum allowing the hemispheres of the brain to "communicate" better. Among the traits of mixed/left handed are less rigid thinking and change of opinion when given new info. Source: A Left-Hand Turn Around the World.

i use it on off days and when i run out of my normal stuff too soon from doubling up. i notice no tolerance, but i'm not taking it continuously.

Wow this is almost exactly how it is.

This. But I wouldn't ever touch in Law since its purely civilisation based.

were you diagnosed with it as a child?

that shouldn't stop anyone who's actually having a problem with ADD and can't get a prescription. unless you're very likely to be caught and prosecuted you should do it anyway.

ADHD is a made up condition that makes Big Pharma and associates rich. As long as the public falls for it.

I have found myself thinking about this for a long time, I'm 22 now, realized I was different when I was around 14 or 15.

if it isn't the case for you than I think by definition you don't have any attention issues. Do you know what attention means?

>you can only use it for a week before you build tolerance and it stops working.

A week? That's sounds way to Flowers for Algernoney for my taste.