>>138662292

its 2017 this is bullshti

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/Yc7dX
hooktube.com/watch?v=aw6RsUhw1Q8
soundcloud.com/the-bugle/bugle-225-waffles-are-forever
npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2012/09/27/161920764/coal-mine-company-denies-responsibility-despite-disaster-settlement
archive.is/NPGvm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fuck I hate this guy, why do so many cucks listen to this crooken teathed bastard who isnt even from america

What did Oliver say?

Someone greentext me what's up. He talk too much smack about Hulkamania?

I hope he loses and it goes to supreme court
And sets a precedence for propaganda mascaraing as "comedy" and their liability

>archive.is/Yc7dX
Glorious. Best possible case is HBO going out with Oliver.

why cant we just seize the assets of foreigners like this and jews who dont hold allegiance to america and redistribute their wealth? That whole conservative part against that is all jewish shilling to protect them.

u fuckin lazy faggots, there's an archive link.

>John Oliver is being sued by Robert Murray, the head of a coal-based energy company and a recent subject of mockery on Oliver's Last Week Tonight. The case is set to go forward in West Virginia, where several of the companies technically suing Oliver are based.

>Murray is suing Oliver and HBO for defamation for a segment on Last Week Tonight in which the host hurled a variety of insults mixed with facts alongside claims that a mine accident that killed nine people was the result of the company's practices rather than an earthquake. Murray is a particularly litigious person, having already sued the New York Times.

>The insults hurled by Oliver won't end up mattering, but the part about the mine collapse just might prove enough to let the case move forward—and that could be enough to put Oliver and HBO in jeopardy.

>In this case, the first thing has already gone wrong, as the case is moving forward in West Virginia. If the judge in the case sees the earthquake issue as enough to move forward, the case could turn to a jury.

He taunted the guy and begged the guy live on air to sue for defamation. The guy took him up on that offer and is suing him and expected to win easily.

he talked shit about some rich miner.
blamed some earthquake deaths on sloppy business practices.
being sued for defamation.

whole article is just talking about legal issues of state vs federal

>The good news is that this case—at least according to legal experts—won't get far. First Amendment lawyer Ken White called the lawsuits "frivolous and vexatious." The American Civil Liberties Union noted in an Amicus Brief filed on the case arguing there's almost no substance to this lawsuit.
>Oliver's lawyers will look to get the case thrown out before it ever gets to a jury.
>"Bob Murray thinks John Oliver was mean to him, and he doesn’t want him to be mean again. While that is sad for Bob Murray, it is unconstitutional for a court to order such relief," the brief stated.

It's not happening, but the lack of self awareness for these people never ceases to amaze me.

hooktube.com/watch?v=aw6RsUhw1Q8

wewlad

Murray will win easily...smug hubris is a bitch....and with deaths involved look out for sizable punitive damages awarded.

>insults mixed with facts
>current year man
>using facts

>In this case, the first thing has already gone wrong, as the case is moving forward in West Virginia.

obviously "mashable" is biased and defending oliver, so "gone wrong" means gone wrong for oliver. the whole blog is leftist cringe combined with over confidence in oliver not losing the case.

White immigrants.

Why can't you cucks ever give a screenshot with the source?

>Sup Forums will cheer this abuse of justice because they hate him

>expected to win easily
Why? What did he say that wasn't true?

Is Robert Murray a (((())))?

Not really, it could still happen depending on whose lawyers are better. Also ACLU weighing in, is meaningless.

don't accuse people of murder on national TV when it wasn't their fault and there won't be a problem.

I know what he did, but I don't know what he said. What exactly did he say?

He credits a talking squirrel with giving him the courage he needed to start his business. So, maybe?

Hope he gets tarred and feathered, that's the historic punishment for British shit talkers here.

>There's still danger. The insults hurled by Oliver won't end up mattering, but the part about the mine collapse just might prove enough to let the case move forward—and that could be enough to put Oliver and HBO in jeopardy.

>JO goes down
>HBO goes down

woo

did you know you can build the wall from taxes
collected from legalizing drugs?

>LE EBIN REDDIT CAT LAWYER TWITPIC
>HUE HUE HUE

Holy fuck it's hard to imagine people this cringey even exist. I don't even know how many levels of irony we're on right now, for these morons to vandalize inanimate objects in parks for perceived slights, but yet think it's OK to internationally defame someone and basically call them a fucking murderer.

Maybe Barron can tap into his trust fund and help cripple HeeBO.

Are there really goys who still watch these late night shills?

All you tards laughing realize this applies to right wing voices too right.

Say something true about a liberal billionaire. They sue you in a liberal bastion like LA. It goes to jury. You lose even if everything you said was true.

Having juries vet libel suits is fucking retarded.

Hbos got some good shit though. That would be a shame

didnt he dare him to sue him anyway?

The same guy who dared Trump to run..

That's not how it works. Defamation only works on clear claims of falsehood like calling someone a fucking murder when they're not on live television. If someone says something that is true and it gets investigated then at most it can be called a disagreement not defamation.

>You lose even if everything you said was true.
That would take a different case. The largest issue being sued over here is Oliver blaming the CEO for deaths caused by an earthquake. Unless Murray is revealed to be a supervillian capable of causing earthquakes, this would be a pretty hefty defamation of character.

John Oliver can legit be pretty funny. I used to listen to his old podcast, The Bugle, from time to time, way before Trump was around, and when they were just talking about random shit it could genuinely be hysterical. I liked him in Community too.

Shame the way he went.

>insults mixed with facts

idk who is jewing who anymore

No scientists have said there was an earth quake. That's why the NYTimes won their suit. No sensor data. He just claimed "that's the only way it could have collapsed," despite documented inspections showing a slew of violations.

If you don't think a billionare can lawyer their way into getting true claims shown as libel you don't know the US justice system.

Shit, a hedge fund manager got just a suspended sentence for a fatal hit and run because "he was important to the community."

The Bugle was good because it wasn't preachy bullshit. Funny how he has 10 times the resources and 1,000 times the audience and sucks now.

as much as I'd like to see Cuckliver water boarded for years continously, is he really going to be in the firing line.

He clearly follows a script, no doubt written by (((high above))) him.

Surely it's the company who's fucked, not pervert face?

>"Bob Murray thinks John Oliver was mean to him, and he doesn’t want him to be mean again. While that is sad for Bob Murray, it is unconstitutional for a court to order such relief," the brief stated.

Desperate mockery, completely unprofessional and without merit -- they are definitely going to lose. I'm tired of these worthless liberal cocksuckers and their courts of public opinion, die in a fucking fire.

Sounds like Oliver hired that whatever its name was that went against Hulk as his lawyer.

Both John and Andy have always swung to the left, and The Bugle is a political show.

I mean if you don't like him now what could you have liked back then? He literally hasn't changed at all. If anything he's gotten more gentle with the right

yeah funny
they strive for the mainstream money, but totally sell their souls in doing so.

Would be a great legacy for the current year.

Lol no not at all.

On hulk hogan
>To most in the legal world, it was a relatively clear case of press freedoms based on the First Amendment
There is absolutely no fucking self awareness is there?

John Oliver is certifiably insane

100%sweetie

LOL

FINALLY CURRENT YEAR MAN GETS FUCKED

>talked shit about a coal ceo
>made up blatant lies and slander
>specifically shouts at the end of the scene, "sue me."
>Is now getting sued
>will probably lose and have to go bankrupt

Nuremburg Trials precedent: Just following orders is not a valid legal defense.

He'll get the rope.

Not for years Mr English teacher.

Good. I hope this cuck gets BTFO.

Kek the overt bias in the fucking article makes it so much better.

>poor John Oliver lying about the company killing their workers
No sympathy.

he said
>"it is the current year! bring me a truckload of refugee cocks to suck!"

it's a psy op

If I applied to work for your whitehouse would i get hired.

The real problem is there's no difference between actual news, comedy, satire, yellow press reports or hear say anymore.
It's all the same mashed into one gigantic pile of shit reporting from left to right.
There's no difference between redactional content, sponsored content, a Op Ed or "i read it on twatter therefore it's true" blogging anymore.

It's the bed the media made for themeself and has now to lay in it. Even former quality media outlets like the NYTimes, Le Figaro, NZZ or FAZ have to retract more stories for being complete utter bullshit from their page and even their print media per hour today then before twitter/faceberg journalism per year or comparable yellow press outlets per months.

b-but it's the current year!

Welp I better go apply right now.

Gawker 2.0?

>implying anything he said was a lie
Murray's a half-insane kike who already lost this suit against NYT. Not sure if you're just an idiot who can't read the thread or if you're a paid shill.

That shitty business practices killed those people and not an act of God (earthquake). It's slanderous. I hope that fucking Limey kike is financially ruined and his show shoah'd

>Sued by coal
>In WV
Hahahahahahaha He is fucked!

good luck mr. president

BEADY

Oh praise kek.

I ask myself this question a lot. Stopped watching all TV in 2010

2bh, I used to watch Stewart/Colbert in the mid 2000s as a kid when it was just mostly lighthearted making fun of Bush, Obama, the Republicans, world politics, etc. It got a little abrasive at times, but you couldn't call it seriously hostile

Oliver, nu-Colbert, and the other shit is like weaponized leftist autism. I picked up on the post in your pic as well - the sarcasm and ridicule, the way it seemed formulaic and malicious.

Lying is slander, telling a bad truth to get someone hurt is defamation of character. Basically the courts say that a person has the right to earn a living and trying to cost them their lively hood is civilly punishable.

>what's he gonna do sue me?
>t. man sued

i think you meant 1998

>archive.is/Yc7dX

What im curious is if he's dumb enough to talk about this case on future shows.

>The good news is that this case—at least according to legal experts—won't get far.
>at least according to legal experts
slimey limey's lawyers and the sympathetic and intentionally obtuse ACLU. they didn't even seek out perspective from a neutral legal analyst let alone an opposing one. when will they ever learn? it'd be hilarious if mashable and buzzfeed weren't seen as legitimate journalism ventures by millennials.

will i get laid in the next few weeks?

>billionaires pushing frivolous lawsuits so people will shut up is a good thing.

As much as I fucking hate john Oliver, Supporting free speech means allowing people you dislike to talk.

>pissing off a jews bread and butter
>being this fucking stupid in the current year

I was never a big big listener but it wasn't that preachy before Trump, I guess because Obama was prez back then and everything seemed rosy for liberals. It was hilarious when they would talk about Belgian diamond heists and things like that, and even more recently (maybe like a year ago?) Andy had some Indian guy come on and they just made fun of India for forty minutes.

They didn't have an agenda with that show other than to be funny, so even when they talked about things I disagreed with it could still be alright. It was just two guys shooting the shit and sometimes it was really funny.

soundcloud.com/the-bugle/bugle-225-waffles-are-forever

Like, this makes me laugh. Big whoop. Still fash.

It's false though.
npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2012/09/27/161920764/coal-mine-company-denies-responsibility-despite-disaster-settlement

>The settlement includes Murray Energy's acceptance of four violations considered "contributory" to two fatal August 2007 mine collapses at Crandall Canyon:
>1. Failure to report a "coal outburst" at the mine four days before the first fatal collapse. "The failure to report this accident," MSHA inspectors wrote, "denied MSHA an opportunity to investigate it and learn that the mining methods provided inadequate protections."
>2. Two failures in March and August of 2007 to revise the mine's roof control plan after "coal outbursts" and bounces" that "caused substantial damage" showed that the plan "was not adequate or suitable for controlling" the movement and falling of rock.
>3. Failure to leave pillars of coal long enough and wide enough to meet safety standards and to hold up the roof of the mine as coal was removed. >The pillars "did not provide sufficient strength to withstand stresses," mine inspectors wrote, leading to "sudden and violent failure of the overstressed coal pillars" in the Aug. 6 and Aug. 16 collapses, in which nine miners and rescued were killed.
>Murray Energy "allowed the conditions at Crandall Canyon to deteriorate," says assistant Secretary of Labor Joe Main. The company "ignored warning signs that was encompassed by those violations that led to that tragedy."

Should I quit my new job?

Archive
archive.is/NPGvm

wtf i believe in karma now

I'm sure he could get a pack of kikes to settle that science for ya.

mfw

hope john oliver gets raped in court

>npr
You should leave and not come back

Man sometimes I try to watch this cunt just so I know what the left thinks/cares about. Unfortunately the "jokes" and his gay delivery are so cringeworthy I can't make it past 3 minutes

There gonna run wild on his limey ass, brother

This. Based. Assessment.

>wtf I love greedy kikes that sue people to shut their mouths now

t. Sup Forums

Good, can we deport him back to the UK after?

Not an argument.

DO IT! DO IT! LOOK AT ME! DO IT!

Shoo faggot shoo