Buying an Motor Home...the ultimate Redpill

Lads.... have any of you thought of owning an RV?

Instead of paying for rent, you can live in the RV which is very comfy, and never have to pay any property taxes.....

RV's are very cheap too:

youtube.com/watch?v=_HBswbDlAck

Other urls found in this thread:

tinyhousetalk.com/urban-stealth-uhaul-conversion-box-truck-tiny-house-for-sale/
criminal.lawyers.com/traffic-violations/do-police-need-a-warrant-to-search-my-motorhome.html
youtu.be/oNptenoZyek
archive.is/hqBz6
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The police will make your life absolute hell if you try and live in an RV.

What do you mean?

Why would that be, can't you park somewhere comfy and live there?

You can park at walmart overnight for no cost nation wide.

Never trust a cop; they're school yard bullies +20 years.

>The police

No, they won't. Tell them, you're on vacation. Don't do drugs and don't be drunk. Keep weapons locked in a box.

>implying I won't drive somewhere they can't find me

Anyone here ever lived in one?

They are so cheap used online...

Two words. Chemical. Toilet.

Been thinking about it. Winters would be rough. With my current financial and employment situation, I could do it. Good ones are expensive though.

most places now have laws against living in them. You have to go stealth van life. Stealth. They know this is a path of liberation for slaves

People buy them and take 1 or 2 big trips, and then they're too old and tired to do it any more... it's the automotive equivalent of exercise equipment, people purchase intending to use, but rarely do.

They are expensive as hell to gas up too.

Just use your car and go to motels.

Just saying a trailer is better than an RV cuz cheaper to fix/maintain and u can have a truck to get around and leave it parked ;)

Meh. Not really red-pill, still without the ability to influence others (community). Seems like a quick fix (blue-pill) as an escape from responsibility. Talk to me after you have done it for 72 months or so.

Used to work for a company that focused around RVs. The demographic is shit and it's super expensive. Everything that can go wrong with your house + car rolled into one.

>Been thinking about it. Winters would be rough.

It's a car. Drive it south for the winter. Holy shit!

>Winters would be rough

drive south.

>Two words. Chemical. Toilet.

I have a china bowl toilet in mine. Flushes with water. It's fine.

toilet is a Dometic 310.

I did a schoolbus conversion.

It's actually cheaper and less hassle to just buy urban land and build there. (Assuming you don't get shitty used RV) And that cost includes solar panels, compost toilets, internet, water, etc.

All I did was buy land, buy a greenhouse, connect a storage container to it, and dug a basement. In the summer, basement is nice and cool. In the winter, greenhouse is warm(funnels heat into storage container)

You can live easily off $4k a year. I use uber on the weekends, try not to hit $20k because then you get slammed by taxes and are required to buy health care in most places. (Extra 5k per year)

In California I always see people living in them in Walmart parking lots

I've been thinking about it heavily user.

I'm not committed yet. If I knew I had a source of simple income secured I'd do it. ie. some kind of semi-reliable independent contract work.

>I want a two motor solution (ie. RV + second vehicle in tow)
>Teaching myself a complex set of independent skills.
>ie. creating my own Penicillin (science), self-healthcare in emergency(broken bones, etc), maintaining my vehicles and devices in case of breakdown (mechanics), economically enjoying food (smart cooking, canning, preservation, etc), self-security (firearms), and making sure I don't cross any state lines where the law will fuck me up for the above

I also enjoy the aesthetic of RV life. I like cozy, well-used, well-loved, well-maintained, small places. On the other side I love the outdoors and constantly wish I had a chance at closer contact with nature.

I don't mind being "on-grid", I think I just want to escape the Jew as much as possible.

OR spend 100 bucks on a starter tent/chairs/camp utensils and plates... go try camping before investing in an RV.

>They are so cheap used online...

commercially manufactured RVs are usually not vey well built. They have lots of luxury-looking features, but they will have cheap walls, cheap plumbing, undersized electrical, etc.

they are called "sticks and staples" for a reason. If you've ever seen an RV accident, you realize they are basically paper mache..

>bus conversion master race

>ou can park at walmart overnight for no cost nation wide.
What a fucking dream life!!!

Ok, so what I need to do is convert into an RV?

How would I go about doing it? Any videos you can link to plz?

Got an album of pics? Would love to see that, I've wanted to do any conversion for so long, I'm just about financially ready. Just need to find bus.

>Got an album of pics

I do, and would like to share, but very easy to recover my identity.

there are forums and websites that cover people who do schoolbus conversions though. skoolie.net is one.

I swear I saw this guy broken down northbound 95 Sunday

Meant bus conversion

So you are admitting you cant have a good life if you live in an RV.

Only a few walmarts now allow that as the cops will harass. I have been stealth van living for 2 years during the work week and homesteading on the weekends. You most go unseen.

Cool, thanks for the website nonetheless.

I've never had a better experience hooning than hooning an RV.

6.6 Duramax was amazing. Can't believe I didn't die, but extra equipment needed some work.

The one in your pics would be ~25K used I think. If that's cheap for you, do it.

1) your future wife probably won't be down with this, so consider this something you do for now as a single guy.

2) if you're a homeless guy who literally lives in a camper, that actually delays your entry into normie life and may or may not be cooler than living in your parents basement

3) if you want to do a lot of state and national park visits and park in the outdoors and enjoy the outdoors, RVs are a great way to go, but make sure you get one that is setup for doing this. e.g. don't get a 45 foot class A motorhome that only works on pristine highway pavement.

4) if it's just going to be you and you mostly want to live cheaply and enjoy the outdoors, don't rule out a pickup-bed slide-in camper. they are dirt cheap

RVs aren't homes. They don't need a warrant to enter an RV. They can make up some shit about smelling drugs and enter at any time, and they're free to take anything they please due to civil asset forfeiture.

tinyhousetalk.com/urban-stealth-uhaul-conversion-box-truck-tiny-house-for-sale/

I would need to be near storage. I couldn't fit everything I need in the RV.

>RVs aren't homes. They don't need a warrant to enter an RV

Not true.

The rules vary state by state and situation by situation.

If you drive too near the national border and get stopped at a border patrol checkpoint, they can ask to board, and if you refuse they can detain you or whatever.

But if you get pulled over by a local cop they don't have a right to enter.

This is something that I would do at the beginning of my adult life. Buy and RV and go wherever you want. Many jobs allow you to work remotely, so you could get a PO box and have your stuff forwarded easily. It's completely practical.

At this point in my life though, it's not so practical. I have 4 kids and a home w/ a mortgage, so it would be much more disruptive to switch out now, thought I do dream about it :)

If you homeschool your kids (we do), then travel is also a possibility.

RV's ARE cramped. So you'll have to be very close. I currently live in a 3,000^2 foot house so my kids would rebel. Maybe when my youngest is out of the house, my wife and I will do it. You really should consider it. An RV with a scooter or motorcycle that you can strap to the back - perfect.

You remember that from your employee training Wayne?

Compared to paying rent or buying a home?

Assume rent is $600 a month.... in 1 year that's $7200....2 years is $14,000 of your money pissed away...

Also a home you have Principal plus Interest, Home Insurance, Property taxes in perpetuity (basically means you pay rent on your house forever anyway), maintenance etc.

I think this fellow is talking about Boondocking, and if you're an asshole about it, yes, you could have trouble. But there are whole websites dedicated to this. Basically, free camping.

homesteading? where do you shower/shit during the week? this is an interesting thread tp me because ive been considering moving out of the city but leaving the shop.

I bought a house
I'll rent you a place to park it 5 minutes from downtown portland for $750 a month.

This

In the winter, go where it's warm. Your house has wheels on it.

This is not even true. Wal-Mart's rv policy is determined by the manager and varies place to place. Their are online communities for this sort of thing and there are many instances of people getting the cops called on them.

It shouldn't surprise anyone that walmarts do not allow this in any desirable areas.

There are all kinds of places you can stay for a few hours overnight, but fewer places you can straight up set up camp.

You can do it in the southwest. Lots of unregulated camping areas that allow 14 night stays. The people are... well you can imagine. They have a YouTube community that is pretty interesting.

You could surely travel cross county staying free overnights in various parking lots and rest stops, but you have to stay on the move , spending money on gas, maintenance, and the various road expenses. Not a money saver.

You can do it for cheap in the southwest since you can stay for free 2 weeks, then move along. Most places in the counrty are hostile to this life.

Check out the documentary "life on the mesa" to see how awesome living off the grid for free in the desert is.

>Assume rent is $600 a month
>$600 a month

Wait what? Details please....

Sounds good. But then the reality of maintenance, gasoline, and always having to be nomadic sets in.

Wal-Shart is pretty based about RVs and will let you chill.

>We have a mortgage

I'm....I'm so sorry user....

I hope you don't have an adjustable rate mortage... at least you will have equity and can sell your home if it appreciates.

>The Supreme Court acknowledged that a motorhome was capable of functioning as a home, but nevertheless sided with the state. For the relevant purposes, the Court found that a motorhome is more similar to a car than a stationary house. The Court explained that, like with a car, a motorhome’s “ready mobility” makes it impractical for police to get a warrant before searching. And, according to the Court, a person doesn’t have the same compelling privacy interest in a motorhome that they would have in a regular home. These factors convinced the Court that the automobile exception should apply to motorhomes. The take away is that police need probable cause—but no warrant—to search a motorhome.

criminal.lawyers.com/traffic-violations/do-police-need-a-warrant-to-search-my-motorhome.html

RVs/Motorhomes are shit.

t. roadside dispatch

Fuck that, here's the ultimate way to live (if you can)

1) Study up on Tiny homes, if you aren't mechanically inclined, go to Google U and spend time on researching building a tiny home from scratch

2) Find and buy a cheap plot of land, go as big or as small as you'd like, doesn't matter

3) Play The Sims IRL, make a blueprint of your future tiny-house, trick it out however you want, if you want to go off the grid and are living in the right area, consider adding in solar panels, rainwater catchers, compose toilets, etc., get creative

4) Use your resources and buy all the shit you need, the cheaper the better, use all sites available

5) Get to fucking building

6) ???

7) PROFIT

only overweight trans people do this sagw

Composting toilet for the emergency shats but get a gym membership and get fit, shit, sauna, free wifi etc.

Best part about SW is spotting one or two in the middle of fucking nowhere at the bottom of fucking nowhere.

Not my idea of a good time.

You haven't seen breaking bad. An r.v. is considered a domicile, so they do need a warrant.

RV parks are cheap as hell and often have perks. Like free cable or a pool, some are really nice too since it's mostly travelers.

They're not insulated worth a shit.

RVs are a huge bitch to maintain and fix if something goes wrong.

You're better off buying a decent truck and throwing a camper on the back.

Get a fiberglass body RV. Rialtas are pretty dope. If you live in real 'murica you can go bigger easily.

How is this thread on Sup Forums
?

why the fuck is thread getting so much attention?
whats wrong with you people?

Get rid of shit. You can do it user.

cheapest land is ebay

I don't understand this. You live in a greenhouse?

I'm a healthy independent 30 year old with a great job, high IQ, strong mechanical skill and as a single guy. I have a network of friends across the country. I'm full normie in appearances, I just hate it all. I hate getting shuffled in lines like a slave and I hate seeing the rising costs and the tightening budget designed to tighten the leash and keep me a slave.

I haven't ruled anything out yet. The pickup-bed slide-in camper is great except it's hard to manage a generator or a chemistry set in those conditions. Hell, there's a certain point where it gets TOO cozy even for mundane activities.

This can get you fucked by city and state building codes.

>most places now have laws against living in them

its becoming common for full-time RV people to buy "landing pad" properties in communities made specially for that purpose, located in tax-free states. E.g. if you want to just park your RV and live in it in the same spot for a while, you have a home base that you own with utility hookups that you can use at any time.

if you're moving around the country [which is what you should be doing in an RV], absolutely nobody harasses you if you move every night

If you're just going to park somewhere overnight and leave early in the morning, you can do that pretty easily, especially outside of city limits.

again, you can do this at truckstops and it is 100% legit, never any chance of harassment. fuel up and then park for the night.

there are campgrounds and RV parks with single or multi-night paid use also.

I usually stay at real rv parks every few days to get electrical+water hookups and topoff my batteries and fresh water tank, and to dump grey water tank and sewage tank.

>capcha: bus

yeah gonna need specifics on this, otherwise the math doesnt add up.

Red-pilling on the housing scam politicians and society box us in with

Don't you want to find the BEST way to stop paying money to the Jews?

With a home you pay property taxes FOREVER even after you have paid off your home...

Essentially that mean the house doesn't belong to you, it belongs to the government. If you don't pay your taxes, they take away "your" home.

With an RV, you don't pay shit to the government.

>This can get you fucked by city and state building codes.
Not if you build it on a trailer, which is what a lot of tiny home builders do.

Can confirm. Truck stops are made for it and nobody cares.

I don't know why people don't understand the pure beauty of life in the US.

Don't feel bad for me. I have a 3.5% mortgage, purchased a $300K home w/ $15K down and in 2 years it's already worth $380K. I'm fine. Big lot, animals, chickens, goats, etc. I'm happy. But I'm tied to the land. The mortgage is a shackle. I'm happy as a pig in shit honestly, but I get wanderlust. For now, I satisfy it by hiking the Appalachian Trail for a few weeks per year.

youtu.be/oNptenoZyek

Uhual conversion best stealth ever

It would cost so much money to get the inside to look even close to that, not counting the cost of the RV itself. At that point, you may as well buy an actual house.

>You remember

You got me.

This is thread is really about the idea of getting away from the wageslave system that's enforced upon us all.

>I educate myself through TV
No wonder your country is becoming globally irrelevant and why only retards flood in in droves. They're in good company.

See

and be as sad as the guy in the video?

>I'm a healthy independent 30 year old with a great job, high IQ, strong mechanical skill and as a single guy. I have a network of friends across the country

you should do a bus conversion, so you can build the machine you want, the way you want it

however, you'll want a job you can do remotely, or take long breaks from

I wouldn't bother with an RV if I was going to stay in the same area with it all the time.

> hard to manage a generator

don't bother with this. get a big enough bus and do it right

1) inverter
2) massive battery bank
3) high-output alternator
4) house batteries charge while you are underway
5) rooftop solar panels

I can go several days without plugging in. I have no generator. I re-charge when driving down the road, and if I get too low, I spend a night at a place with electrical hookups and get fully charged that way.

if you have friends around the US, you could make a life that was just visiting them in between staying at parks, campgrounds, truckstops, etc.

Get a sailboat instead.

Range beats all

What is vehicle registration, gas tax, inspection and license then?

That's certainly true, more true depending on where you live. The best course of action is to try to find a plot of land away from places the bureaucrats might keep an eye on. If your land isn't valuable to them they often won't give a fuck about you or it. One other thing is, don't piss off your neighbors, because they can and will call attention to your situation.

Again, it's up to all of you, if you manage to avoid the wraith of the state, having a Tiny-house is worth it.

>Conversion

If a roastie can do it herself, anyone can do it:

archive.is/hqBz6

But you can't drive your house away from the terrorists.

I sell the shit to make money. I have no cash without the shit.

My grandad has that same RV

>>its becoming common for full-time RV people to buy "landing pad" properties in communities made specially for that purpose
So trailer parks? Weren't those undesirable just a few years ago?

Oh wow, that's the life.

Yes, gas is a bitch for those on the move, but what about those who just want to stay in one place indefinitely.

Also, the price of vehicle registration, etc is miles cheaper than rent.

>Pic related: JUST

I was half joking my jap bro. Good luck with your declining "super smart" population. By the way you do need a warrant Albert Changstein.

The true redpill is building your own house

Hey, they're everywhere and if you need to crash. It's not the destination just a stop, plus you can restock