>2017
>not using iphone.

How Google is secretly recording YOU through your mobile, monitoring millions of conversations every day and storing the creepy audio files

You may have accidentally triggered the listening device - allowing it to record incriminating convos and steamy gossip

>DID you know that Google has been recording you without your knowledge?

>The technology giant has effectively turned millions of its users' smartphones into listening devices that can capture intimate conversations - even when they aren't in the room.

>If you own an Android phone, it's likely that you've used Google's Assistant, which is similar to Apple's Siri.

>Google says it only turns on and begins recording when you utter the words "OK Google".

>But a Sun investigation has found that the virtual assistant is a little hard of hearing.

>In some cases, just saying "OK" in conversation prompted it to switch on your phone and record around 20 seconds of audio.

>It regularly switches on the microphone as you go about your day-to-day activities, none the wiser.

Other urls found in this thread:

thesun.co.uk/tech/4295350/did-you-know-google-has-been-secretly-recording-you-heres-how-to-find-the-creepy-audio-files-that-are-monitoring-your-conversations-every-day/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because it really doesn't matter
Apple probably does it too.

>Once Google is done recording, it uploads the audio files to its computer servers - often dubbed "the cloud".

>These files are accessible from absolutely anywhere in the world - as long as you have an internet connection.

>That means any device that is signed into your personal Gmail or Google account can access the library of your deepest, darkest secrets.

>So if you're on a laptop right now and signed into Gmail - you could have a listen.

>Recordings last around 10-20 seconds on average, and a text version of the conversation is saved.

>The Silicon Valley giant states on its terms and conditions that it keeps these recordings for "improving speech recognition against all Google products that use your voice".

>After the Sun Online presented examples of the voice recognition flaws to Google, a spokesman said: "We only process voice searches after the phone believes the hot word 'OK Google' is detected. Audio snippets are used by Google to improve the quality of speech recognition across Search."

thesun.co.uk/tech/4295350/did-you-know-google-has-been-secretly-recording-you-heres-how-to-find-the-creepy-audio-files-that-are-monitoring-your-conversations-every-day/

>probably

Are you just pretending to be retarded? Same question goes to you, Poo.

>he thinks there are still electronic communication devices of any kind that aren't monitored and recorded by the government

grow up kid.

I don't care. I don't bring electronics with me whenever I do anything sensitive.

I keep my phone off or offline all day, I don't use social media, I tape up my webcam and don't talk near the mic. Feels good not being tracked. I can't believe people would keep an always online device with a camera by them at all times.

Android is slightly less cuck than apple
it's your responsibility to make their job as hard as possible

I stopped using (((smartphones))) in 2013 upon realising that it's just a monitoring tool.

And my Motorola Razr is far more stylish and creates conversations.

>>That means any device that is signed into your personal Gmail or Google account can access the library of your deepest, darkest secrets.
>>So if you're on a laptop right now and signed into Gmail - you could have a listen.
Ok, how do I do this?

>not using LineageOS without Google apps

I think its probably the best option, all of the big tech companies are pretty evil

I spam photos of my cock and asshole to both apple and google. No one else ever gets to see them.
I take a photo in the morning of me taking a shit or piss in the toilet and let it auto upload to the cloud.

My file is nothing but scatological filth.

Enjoy you corporate fucking cunts.

it is clear you have no understanding of data mining. everything is put into an enormous database and analyzed using recognition software. did you really think there were people in cubicles looking over everyone's personal messages?

Apple refused to give the Us government that terrorist guys iPhone hack so keep telling yourself that android cuck.

>he belives this

it was a pr show. Low level hackers can crack ishit in two hours.

>2017
>having an "intelligent" device

Warned for trolling, what the fuck, are the mods under 18 or what?

the fbi wanted to use it as a legal precedent moving forward. it can be cracked anyway, but it's much easier if they can just have the information available to them. it would probably end up being used in the war on drugs somehow

> (OP) (You)
>>having an "intelligent" device
>Warned for trolling, what the fuck, are the mods under 18 or what?

>pic related because Sup Forums is retarded now

Oh, thanks man.

Is there anything right with this headline?
>Not actually recording you
>Google hasn't been doing it, rather the feature that you knew about when you bought it was functioning as intended (ie. switch on when it thinks it hears the correct phrase)
>Google hasn't "effectively turned millions...of smart phones into listening devices" since it isn't listening into you, except when it thinks it hears you say "ok Google", see above.
The implication here is that Google knowingly did something underhanded and sinister, when in fact it's a feature that you knew about when you bought it.

>That means any device that is signed into your personal Gmail or Google account can access the library of your deepest, darkest secrets.
How dumb are """"""""""""journalists"""""""""""", just because it's uploaded to Google cloud servers doesn't mean that anyone can access it.

Click bait is killing what's left of the news media.