The Cold War Was America's Best Era

Does it bother anyone else that the most powerful machine ever created by humans was built in the FUCKING 60's?!?

We have something wayyy better than the Saturn V now.
We have diversity.

You don't know anything about science. Least of all rocket science. How many rockets back then landed themselves? Oh right they just burned up then fell into the ocean.

shhhh
sage

Oh yeah, they're landing alright. ON EARTH.

It's okay, if they don't get off their asses I'll put it out there.

Yes, who wanted whitey on the moon when we needed money fo dem programs

w-what

That is because the cold war was peaceful, but extremely heated competition. Noone could afford decadence, because they thought that the slightest lapse will result in defeat.

We had better rockets btw, that's why you use ours now, despite it being 40 years old tech.

Electrostatic, my good sir.

I've even made some adjustments to oscillation to allow a plasma bubble so there is no threat of friction.

>most powerful machine
>less processing power than a 90s flipphone

Fastest plane ever flown by humans. Built during the Cold War. Using slide rules and no computers. WTF is our excuse?

Until we have a space elevator wtf do you expect?

And still made it to the moon.

USSR really was best boggy man. Middle East is lame. They try and hype up NK, but it is a flaccid yankee penis

>the most powerful machine ever created by humans
I don't think so sweetie

Pretty much. NASA is so fucking stupid right now that they had to bring in retired workers just to figure out how the shit worked.

It serves no practical purpose except muh go fast?

And what did that accomplish? The cold war was just a dick measuring contest with no quantifiable gains. The next time we go to the moon we will actually extract something useful.

Dont get me wrong their achievements were impressive, but ultimately useless.

With no Soviet Union, there is no need to be good guy foil, no need to invest in some technologies.

>Oh yeah, they're landing alright. ON EARTH.
This is the point. If they land elsewhere, you can not use again.

There is no need. Missiles become faster, so can not outrun. Stealth fighter is more practical. You do not have to run if the enemy can not find you.

>We had better rockets btw, that's why you use ours now, despite it being 40 years old tech.

We use yours because we retired ours and NASA is a bloated bureaucracy aimlessly walking around like a chicken without a head. Nothing to do with technical prowess. You can say differently when there is a Ruskie flag on the fucking moon.

Gilded age was cooler.

Cold war had shitty Vietnam

Proxy, gaijin, or actual rare nip poster?

You mean faked in the 60s?

Boomer pls.

>Dont get me wrong their achievements were impressive, but ultimately useless.

Useless?!? Are you high? The lessons learned and the data gained from all our experimental technology paved the way for where we are sitting now. All the risks taken yielded results and even what would be considered "failures" (like Apollo 13) still contributed to our greater understanding and technological advancement. Do you not understand how science works?

>You mean faked in the 60s?

Even if you believe they faked the landing, you can't possibly believe they faked the rocket or the launch.

Then why didn't the Soviet Union expose us if it was fake? "Muh moon landing" is a nigger tier conspiracy theory. Anyone who has ever studied engineering knows it was definitely possible for us to go to the moon in the 60's.

largest rockets made. if the states had a dick, it would be the saturn V.

You werne't there. How you know?

>expand the boundaries of science and technology
>gibsmedats
>pick one

You mean the Tsar Bomba?

>taco phone

kek

I was there. I know. You were not. You dont know. Big difference.

Yes, it does. For me the space race was perhaps the humanity's finest hour. The space age should have never ended. We should've expanded on the visions of Wernher von Braun and co. Now we're a bunch of faggots.

>WTF is our excuse?
I hate SR-71 fanboys.
Satellites, faggot.

>Satellites, faggot.

Oh Christ, you're one of those.

>Noone could afford decadence

Yeah, the 1960's were an austere and sober period despite the flower power drugathons.