Network News is on its Deathbed

Network news will be gone by 2030

This is a 5 year old source

washingtonsblog.com/2012/12/its-not-the-mainstream-media-its-the-old-media.html

"
The average age of Fox News watchers is 65. As Hollywood Reporter notes:

In a survey released by analyst Steve Sternberg, Fox News has the oldest audience among fully distributed cable networks. The network’s average viewer last season was 65 years old, according to Nielsen. Heck, it’s viewers are even older than viewers of Hallmark Channel, Military Channel and Golf Channel.

Hollywood Reporter notes that the other corporate news networks are greying as well:

CNN wasn’t far behind, though — its average audience was 63. MSNBC was a perky 59.

State of the Media points out:

The Pew Research Center’s biennial consumption survey is conducted in even years. In 2010, the average age of a regular evening news consumer was 53, seven years older than the average American."

Also pic related is last weeks viewership in thousands of views.

Keep in mind youtubers get 10x that per video for a fraction of the cost to produce. Cable news is outdated an inefficient. Its like the typewriter, or VHS, or horse buggy.

Stop worrying about CNN or NYT or any of these retards, the fact that Trump is willing to insult them shows their impotence.

Cancel your cable, quit watching. Help them die.

Other urls found in this thread:

marketwatch.com/investing/stock/twx/financials/cash-flow
marketwatch.com/investing/stock/foxa/financials/cash-flow
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Network news will be gone by 2030
Same year as India Superpower?

No and self bump

Trump has sent their ratings through the roof. All of them. I think some of them are seeing the highest viewership they have ever had.

Highest viewership is still a joke compared to internet media then.

They can still concentrate audiences though and they have better access and more resources. Are you gonna turn on CNN when something blows up or search forum threads or Twitter for a Periscope? Although many of the anchors and pundits are just as dumb and poorly informed as e-celebs, you have to agree e-celebs are much worse. They are closer to us, spewing whatever online for (You)s.

Tell me what their click rates are and I'll give you a ballpark for their ad revenue.

I can trust the random opinion of an E-celeb over the written propaganda red by an actor on network news.

Even if I think the e-celeb is a retard its genuine, its not a script written by a corporate stooge

CNN's liabilities have only gone up by ~2% in the last 4 years while assets have gone down ~8%. They have a free cash flow of ~$4.25B

marketwatch.com/investing/stock/twx/financials/cash-flow

FOX's liabilities have only gone up by ~10% in the last 4 years while assets have gone down less than 1%. They have a free cash flow is ~$3.41B

marketwatch.com/investing/stock/foxa/financials/cash-flow

what does that have to do with viewership and people tuning in to watch it.

and how does that stop them form being absolutely swamped and made irrelevant by online media.

Cable subscriptions and advertisements make up less than 35% of total revenue. The vast majority of ad revenue is digital. Most people get their news on their phones now, and ad revenue has skyrocketed in the last 10 years.

During the election and after the election someone kind of discovered that the major "news" websites were using bots to increase traffic. Almost all of the traffic came from China. At the time people were asking if this was fraud against their advertisers.

Do you think they'd screw with the tv ratings as well?

>and ad revenue has skyrocketed in the last 10 years.
I mean online ad revenue, comparative to how they used to make most of their money, via cable subscription and broadcast ads.

You are right that they have to compete with alternative media now in the same space, where previously they had a much more captive audience, however, their financials are fine. Executives at major media corporations are not in a panic.

This. They lose out to HGTV and barely beat the Hallmark Channel.

Cool they'll be in business but their reach and ability to damage our society will be rendered null.

Network news is a dying medium. it will have no impact. They will be reduced from the pargons of truth and kingmakers of politics to a cottage industry for people who like the network format.

CNN Engaged with 65.2 million people over the last 30 days on social media.

FOX Engaged with 30.7 million people over the last 30 days on social media.

CNN's online reach is absolutely massive. FOX is not too shabby either with 30.7 million engagements in a month.

How many of those were positive or not just trolls?

NOT TO FUCKING MENTION

every year their relevance fades. WWE gets massive viewers but it doesn't hold sway over our society and politics.

Your charge that they will be reduced to a cottage industry could come to pass, if favoribility is any weathervane for how things will go. Both networks have over 70% of their social engagements as negative engagements.

That being said, social media trolling is rampant, and in all likelihood the trolling adds significant weight to the perceived favorability of content.

Is your charge that traditional network news will be the preferred news platform because they currently have a few billion dollars.

The average viewer is in their 60's

Young people dont watch it, and other than a Trump bump their viewership dwindles and has for decades.

I made no charge. Did you reach anything I wrote?