I always hear the same argument for the quality of the European Union. "Staying with them will make it easier to trade"...

I always hear the same argument for the quality of the European Union. "Staying with them will make it easier to trade". But if that's the case, doesn't that mean that the EU is unethically preventing free trade between nations? Why, exactly, do nations allow the EU to regulate trade in the first place? Why can't the UK trade with other European nations freely?

Saying that "you can't trade as well if you're not in the EU" actually seems like it should be an argument AGAINST the EU, not for it, as it shows the EU is an oppressive organization

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandre_Kojève
opendemocracy.net/can-europe-make-it/riccardo-paparusso/kojeve’s-idea-of-end-of-history-philosophical-key-to-european-
marxists.org/reference/archive/hegel/txt/kojeve-s.htm
iep.utm.edu/kojeve/
medium.com/world-economic-forum/welcome-to-2030-i-own-nothing-have-no-privacy-and-life-has-never-been-better-ee2eed62f710
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surveillance_capitalism
weforum.org/events/world-economic-forum-annual-meeting-2017/sessions/what-if-privacy-becomes-a-luxury-good-davos-2017
web.archive.org/web/20141001103754/http://ec.europa.eu/dgs/policy_advisers/archives/experts_groups/docs/rapport_complet_en.pdf
web.archive.org/web/20011006060104/http://www.un.org/esa/population/publications/migration/migration.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paneuropean_Union
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlemagne_Prize#Recipients
eurocanadian.ca/2015/03/ideological-and-geopolitical-origins-of-eu-islamization-mass-immigration-and-destruction-of-european-ethnicity.html
eurocanadian.ca/2015/02/ideological-and-geopolitical-origins-of-eu-richard-von-coudenhove-kalergis-pan-europa.html
eurocanadian.ca/2015/05/bat-yeor-and-the-eurabia-thesis.html
eurocanadian.ca/2015/10/transformation-of-europe-into-eurafrican-and-eurabian-mongrel-network.html
eurocanadian.ca/2017/04/the-coming-civil-war-in-europe.html
ufmsecretariat.org/ufm-countries/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It was originally France and Germany having a NAP and FTA.
People joined to have a FTA with those two and then we joined because we were paying tariffs to export and import from the members.

Then it started becoming a fucking political monstrosity and practically vassalised the members and became a political and financial union and free movement was brought in, and now it's a bunch of power grabbing kike bureaucrats trying to hold europe to ransom.

It happened very slowly and is very far from the original idea

The original idea was always the same.

Read Kojeve, a Soviet spy who basically created the European Common Market (>European Economic Community>European Union), and predicted (and pushed for) the "Hegelian" synthesis of capitalism and communism on a global scale.

>"The universal and homogeneous state is `good' only because it is the last (because neither war nor revolution are conceivable in it: mere `dissatisfaction' is not enough, it also takes weapons!)

>In the final state there naturally are no more `human beings' in our sense of an historical human being.The `healthy' automata are 'satisfied' (sports. art, eroticism, etc), and the `sick' ones get locked up.As for those who are not satisfied with their `purposeless activity' (art etc), they are the philosophers (who can attain wisdom if they `contemplate' enough).By doing so they become `gods'.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandre_Kojève
opendemocracy.net/can-europe-make-it/riccardo-paparusso/kojeve’s-idea-of-end-of-history-philosophical-key-to-european-
marxists.org/reference/archive/hegel/txt/kojeve-s.htm
iep.utm.edu/kojeve/

medium.com/world-economic-forum/welcome-to-2030-i-own-nothing-have-no-privacy-and-life-has-never-been-better-ee2eed62f710

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surveillance_capitalism

WEForum 2017:
weforum.org/events/world-economic-forum-annual-meeting-2017/sessions/what-if-privacy-becomes-a-luxury-good-davos-2017

Now combine that with Kalergi's work:

European Commission plan directly from their website:
web.archive.org/web/20141001103754/http://ec.europa.eu/dgs/policy_advisers/archives/experts_groups/docs/rapport_complet_en.pdf
UN plan directly from their website:
web.archive.org/web/20011006060104/http://www.un.org/esa/population/publications/migration/migration.htm
Paneuropean Union:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paneuropean_Union
Charlemagne Prize:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlemagne_Prize#Recipients
Articles with links and references to historical documents dating back to WW1:
eurocanadian.ca/2015/03/ideological-and-geopolitical-origins-of-eu-islamization-mass-immigration-and-destruction-of-european-ethnicity.html
eurocanadian.ca/2015/02/ideological-and-geopolitical-origins-of-eu-richard-von-coudenhove-kalergis-pan-europa.html
eurocanadian.ca/2015/05/bat-yeor-and-the-eurabia-thesis.html
eurocanadian.ca/2015/10/transformation-of-europe-into-eurafrican-and-eurabian-mongrel-network.html
eurocanadian.ca/2017/04/the-coming-civil-war-in-europe.html
The Union for the Mediterranean comprises the 28 EU Member States, the European Commission and 15 Mediterranean countries:
ufmsecretariat.org/ufm-countries/

And you have the core purpose of the EU.

Brexit vote saved Britain's future

its about channeling negotiation power. larger econonomic trading blocks like china use their gigantic markets as a lever to foreign companies from smaller economic blocks. there are countless examples of private organisations bowing to their demands. by forming a huge economic block yourself, the EU can make sure to get better trade conditions for all its participants

Tl;dr
Protectionism works very well, only if you're large enough (and not broke)

>If you come under our boot we might lift it a bit

Concerning trade with a huge economies... with the US, there were few problems to begin with. For the most part of past WW2 history, the USA firmly believed in free trade and promoted it globally, because over all its the most efficient way to get things done. They didnt rip us over.

The EU itself adopted that stance and is - the usual lobbying shit aside - also in favor of free trade. It is currently just China with its forced technology transfers, thats trying to exploid that openess and still has the audacity the complain why they are not recognized as "free market economy" by the WTO. The Brits for example are one and the worst thing that can happen to them is falling back on these rules while trading with the EU.

These guys are prettymuch right, the argument that the European Union is about free trade is a complete myth, it's about trying to protect European markets from foreign competition. See the Common Agricultural Policy madness while there are tariffs on cheap foreign imports.

Agriculture is protected because they want to remain the ability to be self-sufficient with food. You could argue thats not really important anymore in todays times, but to me it makes sense.

The EU engages in free trade with South Korea and Canada (and Japan I believe). Especially SK produces lots of electronic goods at a cheaper price than most EU countries. Doesnt really add up to me.

If its innocent why don't the people elect the EU leader?

It's more about harmonization of regulations.

hol up, a little misunderstanding there
FTA and protectionism are different things
if you only trade with countries with fta(s) and make it impossible for those without, that IS protectionism

imo, just looking at the big 3, the issue is that each are doing extensive protectionism on different sectors

The easy trade can be done withoit the EU regardless.
You can make these deals without having to answer to an unelected cunt telling us to open our borders.
Based Thierry Baudet seems to be the only european politician to note this.

Mostly, but mandatory step by step reduction of tariffs are included afaik
That the best point you make against the EU, its parliament is pretty powerless and the undemocratic commision is too powerful. It has to do a lot with its history and the fact to get so many countries to act as one, but it often sucks. I really hope that changes in the near future

The argument here is basically around the single market.
The single market sets minimum safety requirements (for example) for plugs. That means all EU produced goods must abide by this standard. This standard then allows for trade with other countries with no customs inspections because everything has a guaranteed standard baseline. No customs checks aids free trade by reducing restrictions.

The EU is a cartel, a mafia... that pretty much is it. You will pay, if you don't we will MAKE you pay.

>implying a jew needs a cut each time you move a resource.

if trade was really free you'd be on the same wages as the chinese. Do you know you can drive to china from europe?

or sail to australia without crossing a dozend countries territories.
>if trade was really free you'd be on the same wages as the chinese
being that retarded. if we all were soulless interchangeables robots controlled by central AI than yes, within a short period of time. but the homo economicus is complete and utter bogus

ask me how much I do love the EU

it makes me think, too much probably

>and predicted (and pushed for) the "Hegelian" synthesis of capitalism and communism on a global scale.

but why did it have to take all the bad parts of both?

The croat is retarded

The eu was made becasue everyone was shitscared of more wars

It worked, there were no more wars between europeans in the union. Everyone shilling against the eu is an anti-white subhuman

Regardless, I think that the union is overall a good thing. Its better to be masters of Europe rather than puppets of USA or Russia.

Impossible. We're full

>Boat status = turned around

EU is necessary for European nation struggling with globalization. It protects us from the excesses of globalization.

> no wars

yet the population is shrinking like there were a war

> whoa we got fresh refugees!

its possible to do that without embracing liberal materialism, but i guess its too late to change course now

Its natural development for any developed country to eventually get population pyramid like most of Europe has. Wars don`t only reduce populations but they also create incentive for new population growth. Or where do you think that population growth rate came form after the ww2?

we are so much depended on it (ever heard of Tusk?) sometimes, I hate to say, I miss communism

> work till 15, have a job, have children, eat potato

now:

> work till 21, be scared to lose your job like shit, have no children,.... eat potato

It has improved under the Law and Justice guys, whatever you think of them