English is the most efficient language. Discuss

English is the most efficient language. Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_true_homonyms
youtu.be/wIsJkjImpdI?t=305
youtube.com/watch?v=58a_BqZtUBs
anglish.wikia.com/wiki/Old_English_Wordbook
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

nice source, faggot

Actually it's esperanto. Nigger.

french is the best for numbers

Tu sais qu'un billion français c'est 1000 billions anglais?

Intredasting, thx user. Actually, the lower the information density, the faster the people speak so that information / second comes out ~ constant, which this shows, except for Japanese. But I can believe this.

This is some pre-published book, OP? What's the book?

Ton point étant?

>un billion français

quatre vingt dix-neuf
4, 20, 10, 9
kek

German is the most efficient language you idiots. People dont say german efficiency for nothing

Incorrect. Mandarin was the fastest language with regard to mathematics. Cantonese was not in the study but would have been faster.

One thousand one hundred and thirty three = 10 syllables
Mille cent trente trois = 4 syllables
Gets worse with larger numbers

It's not because you put everything in one word, that doesn't mean it's better!

On dit milliard, sale con va

where did these numbes come from tho

Un milliard en anglais c'est un billion...

I do agree that English is usefull to express info and job-related things.

But when it comes to poetry or more generally litterature, English feels so poor and unsubtle.

That's because you haven't read a dictionary.

I hate Spanish and Spanish people. I unironically think they're an embarrassment to europe and should stay in their shithole. Just listen to them "talk" and you will want them removed.

Ça c'est juste un paradigme, on a placé le '' grand nombre'' de référence 1000 fois plus loin que les anglais. Mais la terminologie est la même, milliard c' est mille millions, billion c'est 2 * donc 10^12, trillion c'est 3*...

Ça ne change pas fondamentalement l'information passée

anglo subhumans BTFO

french is the most beautiful language

I agree

I'm not saying that English lacks words, because it obvious doesn't. But it miss elegant sentence, figures of speech, thousands of useless little puny things that, put end to end, feels empty.

And don't blame me for not reading dictionnary, the story is lame

You first year faggits are all the same

There's variations in all languages, in each individual speech community.

L2sociolinguistics.

You're correct.

L'anglais c'est une langue de plébéien.

I actually hate speaking english. I feel like my vocal chords aren't meant for it. It feels like I have cotton in my mouth when I speak English, but I can speak German very naturally. I feel like English can only be properly spoken in an Anglo, autralian, or southern accent. But I'm a yankee so I'd sound like a faggot if I did any of those

And yes I'm white

Do we really have to choose our language based on efficiency? they don't really seem to develop in that direction as a civilization grows older.

I kinda like more the idea of a language that can be read in different ways depending on context, leading to the training of lateral thinking and encouragement of art forms.
A complex language can always get simplified when the need to arises anyway.

simple languages are good as international middle ground as we can see tho.

Australian*

J'ai l'honneur de t'annoncer que le monde n'a jamais été aussi plèbéien dans ce cas. Défend le français en le valorisant, pas en descendant l'anglais.

Furthermore, English has more qualities than just being efficient, it's understood by almost everyone, which makes it a de facto #1 language to learn, more than the elegance of French or the summerness (?) of Spanish

You think french is special in this regard? that only french has words without true meaning, but "the feel is preserved"?
?????? clearly you only speak one language and it is not english.

"plébéien" means something different to "plebeien" or you just love inkblots? english is french remastered, with all the clûttèr tâkén aẅay.

So much variation in fact that some recipes use different times in spanish vs english to allow for longer reading time. so much difference that for all intents and purposes, japanese aren't actually saying anything but an endless stream of grammatically correct ums and ahs.

Hmm most efficient no. That would be german the language of writers and thinkers.
French is the most beautiful western language.
English is possibly the best of both worlds.

Stupid Canadian French numbers get retarded when they get too big.

English has all of those things; you just don't know it well enough.

German language rules allow you to create new words with meaning by anybody all of the time. Even if you have never seen this new word before you would understand it.

I think my English is better than your French, but you're right, judging is hard without being a native speaker.

I'm no linguistique student, I do maths for a living so my sensibility to different language is self-taught, and therefore rather shitty

You don't have the possibility to turn every sentence into a sexual one, I know that for sure, because everytime my gf tries to speak french she's dumbfounded of how many sexual under meaning there are

Not an indicator of the quality of the language but that's the only thing I can think of

concatenation = new words?

English is unbeatable on inventiveness; people create new vocabulary all the time.

Ask a Frenchman to translate:
> nice
> cheesy (cringe-worthiness)
> camp (homosexual behaviour)
> awe
and he couldn't do it. There are workarounds, of course, but English just absorbs or invents.

Probably French would still win, but for:

it would take more syllables.

yeah nah we don't actually speak english mate

Double-entendres are literally *everywhere* in English. The British base an entire comedy system upon them.

English is the most complex and diverse language in the world. Having the ability to assimilate any other language that enters its stomping ground (French, German, Dindu, ect.). It quite literally makes it a language of over 100,000 words that mean something different. I took Mandarin Chinese in High School the term Shi can mean up to 50+ things. Similar languages also have that as well, English does not making it FAR superior.

To be fair, we keep it simple for you non-natives. English is dumbed down for the internet.

Mais l'anglais est littéralement une langue du peuple. Plébéien n'est pas nécessairement péjoratif.

Now this is just retarded. I can cherrypick words that don't exist in English as well to make it look poor, when all the meaning exist using many words.

But somehow you're right, English has a huge creating potential, and is very flexible. That's a huge good point.

Similar to Australian English where we just put an o onto the end of everything or come up with backwards ass slang for things

Only two more: deux mille deux cents trente trois.

>Similar languages also have that as well, English does not making it FAR superior.

u fukin dum m8?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_true_homonyms

I had no idea, as explains. It is true that I know French through arts and English thru the internet, no wonder why one is associated with elegance and not the other.

I love my language and so do you guys, it's nice to see that.

It's quite clear you do not know what you're talking about. Go read any number of the countless English epics.

Examples?

>least efficient language

GAS THE SEPPOS EMU WAR NOW

I wish that was true but a lot of people simply don't know.

zwei-zwei-drei-drei
Get shit on, France.

>spelling out the needless parts

In this sense it is different trust me. While works like "back" have two different meanings the word Shi can literally mean "is", "an", "but", etc. I know it seems weird but there is a legitimate difference between a word with two meanings and a word with 50+ that you literally guess what it means as you're listening to it.

>only read english on a mongolian throat singing forum
>wooooow english isn't elegant at all!

Breton is the superior language

Even if I did, as I'm not a good speaker, I would miss a lot of things and end up thinking that English is poor compared to French.

I just base my reasonning on what my english speakers told me, I'm no expert as I said

Japanese just is simplistic. It omits important sentence elements if they've already been said for one thing which can make the language lack clarity in many conversations. It's why it's so hard to translate into english which is a very specific sort of language.

i figured german would be higher
everything is extremely detailed in description

That makes you sound like a child learning his numbers.

English poetry fucking sucks though.

Japanese and Chinese are very hard to learn and their populations have the highest IQ.

English enables nigger speak and loses all semblance of grammar and meaning, just sounds blabbering out of mouth, and yet it's a language. Nigger speak is low IQ.

At least with proper indo-euro languages like German and French, the speaker needs to know how to think.

I realised this mistake in this thread bud, sorry. See I'm eager to believe French is superior, just like you guys with the English, but I haven't much to argue with because I don't know shit

If a language can be spoken without needing to think, I'd say that the language would have to be pretty good.

Our language was basically the programming language used to code the app known as Fascism.
The app that then the Germans forked, turning it into a mess.

Classic French butthurt on this topic.

Most of Africa speaks french which just goes to show how much you know, gook!

Read the KJV

bottlo (bottle shop/liquor store)
arvo (afternoon)
avo (avacado)
sanga (sandwich)

youtu.be/wIsJkjImpdI?t=305

That language would be feminist novlang user

afternoon -> arvo
septic yank > seppo
devastated > devo
liquor store > bottle-o

there are other endings too though, often -y or -a:
laptop > lappy
rimjob > rimmy
cab driver > cabby
sandwich artist > subba

and even some exclusive content:
toilet > dunny
redneck > bogan

True.
You can add like 5 words into each other and it is still a valid neoligism.

Grundstücksverkehrsgenehmigungszuständigkeitsübertragungsverordnung

Suck it, fags

lol, Italian does put a soft touch on such a hard ideology.

oh look, he wrote a note in his secret frog language. adorable!

I've only found some bible, what is kjv?

>what is danish

Can we all agree Romanian is the most beautiful language?

It is the closest European language to Latin.

youtube.com/watch?v=58a_BqZtUBs

>english enables nigger speak.

This happens in literally every language when it gets introduced to low-IQ niggers. It's not jut english; look at how French got absolutely bastardized into creole in Haiti or the various African nations. Same with spanish. The only reason you're not saying "east languages enable nigger speak" is because there are no niggers over there.

the official english bible, the one we use to solve arguments.

Common even you can read that, anglais is written like anglo, langue is writting like language and plèbéien is a latin word that is written almost the same in english

>sandwich artist

Not sure about China but in Japan, the education level is evident in how someone speaks. Therefore the speaker and his diatribe is subject to immediate ridicule which leads to shutting up.

That's a feature of a good language.

I've read the Bible in French and it was horrible, because the style of writting is so old. Does it feels the same in English ? If not, I might give it a try

minggir sialan

what's the standard english? "service slave"? "garçon d' pain"?

>English enables nigger speak
This is what happens when the United States of America has the same language as you

That really just gets into the semantics of what counts as a "word" though, because you're just cramming a ton of words together. I can do that with medical jargon too, for example.

Or,l for instance, if I decided to say "communist anarchist antifa faggot" as one word, it could just be "communistanarchistantifafaggot". That's all german does, more or less.

English is very easy to learn, but IMHO often ambiguous.

Don't know if that is why there are so many puns lost when translating from English to German. Would be interesting to see if that was also the case the other way around.

not
>eleven hundred thirty three

We speak english with this accent not because we can't but because we don't want to.
Furthermore the amount of words you have stolen from the french language is astounding, maybe you just wish your tongue was as pragmatic as ours.
Language and culture are tight knit and looking at yours i can understand why americans are so over emotional in all their ways.

Try 8888 in french
Inb4 I get it in quads

KJV is written in english from like ~1600 or so. So it does sound old and archaic, but TONS of our figures of speech and other stuff come from it. Even when people don't realize it.

That's true, you can almost tell how much somebody earns just by hearing him talking. Of course there are exceptions.

The same can be said about English except dumb niggers don't know when to shut up.

>germans
>puns

Modernised Anglo Saxon allows you to do that also, interestingly. When all Romance elements are removed from English, it becomes much easier to parse and there are less stupid rules to follow.

anglish.wikia.com/wiki/Old_English_Wordbook