I'm thinking of learning a new language, but it MUST be a language that has some practical value. And no...

I'm thinking of learning a new language, but it MUST be a language that has some practical value. And no, NOT Japanese because I already know Japanese (yeah, I'm a weeb but at least it makes me happy you faggots). So what language should I learn besides Japanese and obviously English? What language besides English has the most practical value?

Other urls found in this thread:

wikihow.com/Memorize-Vocabulary
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Spanish or German

It depends on your goals. I'd like to learn Spanish because I plan on attending university in Argentina. My fiancée is Polish so I have to learn Polski.

Kraut.

Chinese

It doesn't matter which one you choose because you will fail at learning it when you get bored after 3 days

I said 'practical value'. Only Chinks speak Chinese.

kill yourself you fucking childish retarded weeb

I have a pretty good feeling about esperanto.

Arabic is the language of the future

Latin, so you can read Horace in original.

there are over a billion of them and they are a major world power

more importantly their food is great

Too real, man. Too real.

Learn Mandarin you live near China anyways.

China is going to win the culture war because our progressive faggots killed ours

Russian Spanish Estonian :)

spanish

Practical use depends on what you want to do in your life.

If you are attracted to Brazil, learn Portugese, if you like Russia, learn Russian.

Learning a language without being interested to life in a country with that language is pointless. Which is why I should have never learned French.

da hast du ja recht

C++ or Java

Something european obviously faggot
I'd say dutch but I'm biased since I speak it so probably german. Norwegian is cool too. If you have the sack to learn icelandic I'd recommend that just cause it's cool.

no language is pointless. Learn one you like. Japanese is useful too. Literally any language will give you jb opportunities, so just learn one you're passionate about. Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, French, German, Russian, Arabic and Mandarin are all good choices for example.

Ganbare

Swahili my friend

Not all of us are INTPS, but I feel ya

I always wonder how much of a no-lifer you have to be to post stuff like this on Sup Forums of all places.

Mandarin, Spanish, Russian, or Arabic would be the most useful.

Learning chink here. Everyone told me it is the hardest language ever and not to bother, so I had to do it.

早知道他们是对, 我会听的

Mandarin. Too bad it's hard. Failing that depends on which state you're in. If you're in Vic you could consider Greek or Italian. Realistically learning a language is a big ordeal especially in Aus and probably won't be worth the effort

Good points. Thanks for the suggestions.

my votes between Russian and Chinese (cantonese/mandarin)

language of conquest

Spanish and French. Spanish for South America and French for Africa

Russian or spic, i learnt some russian from my ex and i use it every now and then at work,it also sounds quite nice desu.
I don't know how to read or write and i probably sound like a retard but they understand me and usually are really nice when they manage to get understood in russian.
Spic is useful but in my case it's a given so I probably don't appreciate it so much specially in europe where you have different languages every 100 kms and spain is not so relevant...

If I learned Mandarin, it'd be traditional Mandarin (not that simplified shit).

>Kraut
I lived in Austria for years and speak German fluently. It is through and through useless unless you live in central Europe or deal with German tour groups.

Mandarin Chinese or Arabic would be extremely useful in the long run.

The number of speakers really doesn't matter, unless you're trying to learn a new language for a better looking CV. Even in a nation of few millions, you will at most speak with a handful of people. You will never have a reason to speak with 1 billion chinks. Would you rather speak with a thousand Russians or a thousand Chinks? Would you rather watch Russian films or Chinese films? So go by interest, not population figures.

I regret not taking up German. That's purely for my love for Nietzsche, who I have to read in English. If you're interested in literature, that might be a thing to consider.

>Everyone told me it is the hardest language eve
It's really not. It's just a shitload of vocab. Their use of the same words with different accents for different meanings just makes it an annoying language to learn.

Dutch.
Schijtpalen in het Nederlands is kankergeweldig

>Arabic

I'd rather not deal with sandniggers. In any case, to be fluent in Arabic, you have to effectively learn TWO languages - Modern Standard Arabic and an Arab dialect (no-one speaks Modern Standard Arabic in informal situations).

That's exactly why I didn't learn French, the beauty of learning a language usually comes from the how of understanding it's people,french in that aspect is quite lacking since all it gives access is to niggers and sand niggers,and some French who usually won't a make an effort to understand you're learning.
It sounds harsh but I'm not even meme ing, white frenchies if in spain try to speak in english,black and sand niggers will try to speak in french
(That being said they have good literature and it's a worthy language for historical purposes)

>I'm a weeb

out out out out out out out out out out out outside

fucking weebs

Swedish
According to our school system and some politicians you can't survive without Swedish and that's why it should be mandatory. I mean what if you at some point went to work in Sweden. It's not like I went there for many moons and only spoke in English with my colleagues and cousins...

Silbo Gomero is the one.

Or also Russian, Chinese.

isn't Mongolian and Swedish really similar?

Pyccкий Язык

Oчeнь кpyтo и мoжeшь cкaзaть "cyкa блять" кaк нacтaяший pyccкий чeлoвeк.

It's actually been a year since I learned it. Hope any Russian speakers can actually read what I wrote lmao

But yes. Russian. Once you get past the cases, it's easy street. Oh and the verbs of motion too.

German. It's the best language, even if the country itself is shit now.

After a while you can start to recognize trad cahracters, even if you only learn simplified ones. There is a lot of overlap, and many are totally the same in both sets.

Obviously Russian.

There are 0 (Z E R O) sane experts on Russia in the western media and analytic institutions. Only shills pushing the narrative, but governments still need quality analysis. All WIKILEAKS cables from US embassies, all STRATFOR reports I read - all are completely tron from the reality.

Given that we kinda have cold war 2.0 the governments will need adequate experts on our country with language skills, not some butthurt belt (((immigrants))).

Hebrew

Diaspora here, you did good on your russkiy.

пишyт 'блядь' дoлбoeб

No, it is not
Listen to finnbro, it is very important that you learn swedish

spanish, russian, english, chinese, swahili, arabic

Russian or French

Thanks.

you've gotta learn spanish OP, more useful in more places than any other language.

Between spanish and english you dominate.

Languages teacher reporting in.

>Germanic
>Finno-Ugric

tits or g.t.f.o.
>nice blog btw

real shit, is it hard? I really wanna learn Russian but I've only learned romance languages before. I'm a brainlet and I struggle to wrap my head around different writing systems

Besides english? Spanish French Chinese or Russian.

Korean might not be bad. Learned some when my ex took me there to see her grandparents. Got shitfaced on soju and went to some sort of mud festival. Dislocated my shoulder in the melee but it was worth watching her mud wrestle her cousin for hitting on me

She has an A cup but huge hips/ass. I like to tease her that her ass stole fat from her breasts

Depends what kind of work you want to do e.g. Japanese and Chinese are good for products, whereas Arabic is likely get you on an counter terrorism intelligence team.
Ranked by usefulness:
>Spanish, Chinese (Im surprised you dont know this yet considering the asians own everything there ), superpower by 2020 (Selling toilets will make bank), Arabic and Russian
>Any western European/Nordic language and Japanese
>Eastern European languages and any other Asian language
>African languages (If they get their infrastructure sorted in the next 50 years they will be airly decent languages to learn but they will likely just speak English as most of them do already)
Whites dont have to learn anything other than English, the world is reliant on trading with English speaking countries and will continue to be so for the foreseeable future. Learning their language for anything other than intelligence purposes is a complete waste.
Good job on learning Japanese though, Chinese would probably be fairly easy for you now.

Arabic, mandarin, French, or Spanish. You're pretty close geographically to Asia and I bet you have a sizable Chinese community there so Mandarin would be very practical but it is extremely difficult for Europeans to learn to read it

your country is half chinese though.

Emu

Also small taste of the differences
Svenska
>Hej, jag heter janne-peter, jag är bög titta mej jag knulla katten
Suomi
>Mitä vittua mä mikään homo ole saatana, painu vittuun nyt siitä nussimasta perkele

There's a difference

I'm learning Urdu. It's the most common version of the paki scribble in the UK, so it makes most sense. The reality is that I'm probably never going to be in a position where I can move abroad for a period or whatever, so most languages are wasted on me. Figured at the very least I could understand what my rapist is whispering in my ear.

the alphabet is the easiest part

Pali or Sanskrit

>superpower by 2020 (Selling toilets will make bank)

блядь*
нacтoящий*
> pyccкий чeлoвeк
мы, кaк пpaвилo, гoвopим пpocтo "pyccкий". Для ocтaльных нaций мы иcпoльзyeм cyщecтвитeльныe типa "aмepикaнeц", "бpитaнeц", "нeмeц", "хoхoл", etc.

Learn traditional first, then you'll be able to recognise at least 80% of simplified characters without having to study them. The reverse is not true. If you learn simplified first, you'll only be able to read about 40% of traditional characters without intenaive study. Retarded fucking orthographic system. Zhongwen weishenme name sha

For me, there were three major things hurtles for the language
>Cases
>Verbs of Motion
>Aspect of verbs

To be honest, you could probably get away with not fully grasping the last two. I think it's a fun, but challenging, language. I had never learned a language with cases before so it was an uphill battle at first, but like I said, once you get past it, it's fairly understandable.

I just use the pronunciation of my Spanish to speak Russian and when I spent a summer in Moscow, I was never told I had a bad accent.

Thanks, leafbro.

>learning dutch as a native english speaker
people i know say, that you can learn dutch in 2 weeks if you are fluent in german and english

>german is best obviously
>spanish
>polska

can't confirm that personally though, my dutch is very broken

Spanish or German the people are actually tolerable.

jedem das seine

>will be able to read Goethe and Wagner
>useless

Should I learn the language of vodka and cheeki breeki

If you learn Arabic or Other languages in the Muslim world you can work for the FBI and CIA or interpo etc etc l. Think about it

if it was 3 years ago i would say german. currently i would say french. they are conducting a little modern colonization in south america. they dont have complete control of chile and argentina and they could be savagely raped if brazil sent their hounds (niggers) on a little hunting expedition

but assuming they dont fail miserably like they did the last time they tried this (which is kinda 50/50) it will be more useful

Дa, пoнял. Cпacибo! Я вceгдa зaбyдь кoгдa иcпoльзoвaть "щ" (

He знaю пoчeмy, нo "щ" и "ш" мнe oчeнь пoхoжи.

Latin and Greek.
English is based on them, and it's what every learned person of the past knew.

λεαρν γρεεk

That means "learn Greek"

With a little effort you can learn to do basic two word sentences like me :^) isn't that amazing?

Honestly OP, if you're one of those Jew bashers, learn Hebrew - Then you could read the Torah and understand what their religion teaches nd stuff.

Bulgarian

C++

Well the term is Uralic when you refer to languages.

1/5th of the world speaks chinese

>зaбyдь
зaбывaю

this

>I regret not taking up German
You still can

HTML

Learn Korean

It's not hard. If you are ready to spend 3-4 years of your life to learn it, you would do it. But you have to have something you would need to learn it for, otherwise you will waste your time. And you will have to force yourself to speak with natives.
Russian vocabulary has lots of borrowed words from European languages. Latin, French, German. Thousands of words are borrowed. Since 90s lots of English words have been borrowed as well. I recommend to use Anki for vocabulary. Also learn techniques for word memorization. They really help. I can't find a site where I've learnt about them, it was a site of some German organization of memorization competitions.
I found only that:
wikihow.com/Memorize-Vocabulary
yeah, wikihow is a meme, but the article describes really helpful things. After some practice the vocabulary building won't be a problem.

I've heard that you need to know the Russian language (regardless of your ethnicity) if you're on the International Space Station. Don't know if that's true (wouldn't surprise me, though).

Spanish
German
French

did you learn Japanese online or did you take classes?

>yeah that's what they told me when i had the choice between latin and french in school

latin is totally impractical unless you want to study medicine or ancient literature imho
only thing it's good for is that you can speak and understand a little bit italian

I took classes back in high school.