Powerball lottery

What is Sup Forums opinion of lotteries?
Did any of you bought some powerball tickets for today?
What would you do with 700 million?

time.com/money/4908742/powerball-taxes-state/?xid=homepage

Other urls found in this thread:

unvis.it/time.com/money/4908742/powerball-taxes-state/?xid=homepage
money.cnn.com/2017/08/22/news/iowa-lottery-sentencing/index.html
usamega.com/powerball-jackpot.asp
youtu.be/xP0zlW7P0zA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

unvis.it/time.com/money/4908742/powerball-taxes-state/?xid=homepage

>700 million
You have to pay taxes

I'm gonna buy 4chins. Purge the leaf investation ban some shills and get rid of Sup Forums and /r9k/. M4GA!

After taxes is still more than 400 million.

I would buy Sup Forums.

oh, no. i only get to keep $350,000,000. what a waste of time. you can't buy anything with three hundred and fifty million USD

It's still unfair. Here in Germany lotteries are tax free if you win.

Well no shit
How would you tax aryan sex slaves that migrants win anyway?

If you buy into the lottery, you're a good, good goy.

Cut their feet off

I'd buy Sup Forums.

id buy alot of bitcoins, donate to TRS

buy Sup Forums, buy that island that there are a cluple threads daily about, probably build a sanctuary where i can do acid and mushrooms in without repercussions

>Literally a 35000000000% ROI
>It's unfair for the government to take any
Man I don't like taxes either but don't be a retard.

is it rigged?
I bought one ticket

>Literally a 35000000000% ROI
Maybe for an American. I had to pay 14€ for 2 tickets.

If I win, I will buy Sup Forums and perma ban you.

Flyovers charging taxes? Haha truly California is the best state in the Union.

I would absolutely purchase Sup Forums.
Also I'd invest most of it into index funds and probably do a lot of drugs and fuck a lot of 18 year olds.

Not gonna fall for the lottery jew, but if I ever did play & win I'd put all the money into buying an island and turning it into a utopian white ethnostate.

Already have my 10 tickets. Hoping for the best. I know I'll never win, but it's fun to fantasize about my farewell speech to my fellow Walmart employees that I've known for over a decade.

Do not listen to the lottery Jew

Do not waste your money on a false promise

They sell nothing more then the concept of hope and the inevitable crushing defeat of impossible odds.

its $2 fucking dollars

Powerball actually becomes a positive expectation bet when the pot breaks $350m

If I won I'd wait a month or so before claiming it. I'd get a good team of tax advisors and business planners to get this new shift in order, and collect the lump sum. Then I'd work on getting it in good investments, to grow that money into a billion. I'd probably try leaving myself a $500K or $1M in yearly spending money, first to pay off bills, then start investing in vacations and studying for graduate programs. I'd still like to work towards some form of embassy career, and not just as some donation patsy, like a proper ambassador abroad.

International politics has always interested me, and I wouldn't like this money to change that, just make it so the lights don't ever go off, and I'm in a place where I'm not battling roaches 24/7 (I live in Houston in an old apartment so clean or not those fuckers get in all the time, I leave traps everywhere to make sure they end up in the open and dead for me to sweep up).

I don't want a fancy car or big house. I want to make changes to the world of international relations, so we as Americans can forge better contracts and cooperations than the gilded Jewish control it is now.

I will buy Sup Forums

Make everyone register a user
Add up voting
Change format into forums like bb.com
Ban all weeaboos
Ban mlp
Perma ban yanks

Lotteries are a tax on stupid people

and if i get struck by lightning and gain superpowers, i'll purge the european continent of shitskins.
you are only slightly more likely to succeed than i.

i always laugh at people i see with scratch offs who say they win alot.

In 1984 Orwell says that lottery's only real prizes were the smallest ones to keep the prolet into buying tickets, but that the Jackpot wins were all false.
The fact that I have never seen a person coming out as lottery winner in my country really made me think.

Buy Sup Forums
LegaIize cp on Sup Forums
Live in thailand and have a lot of underage sex

in my state a group of lunch ladys from a small town won like 100million

>what would you do if you won

stay home and masturbate to anime all day while shitposting on Sup Forums.

I'd buy some land maybe 100 acres and have a house for me, my parents and two brothers on it.

I'd go to college full time with no stress and buy Sup Forums and region ban all Leafs and Poos. I'd get rid of the mod team, hire new ones pay them in money and not hot pockets.

Would be glorious

>ban mlp
Aww, someone is pissed about his gfur thread being out-bumped by diaper ponies on /trash/

Have a son on every continent, set them up like kings, then spend the rest trying to make an ethnostate in South Africa. South Africa has a history of breaking of little bantustans for different ethnic groups so a white country would be possible with pressure put in the right places.

Also funny thing enough that winning ticket was sold in my town. It's pretty small by California standard's but, I bought a ticket at that exact store when they were sold.

Tax for idiots.

It's funny the amount of people who've won since the lottery started, but you don't know of any.

>but you don't know of any.
I know 2 people who won.

build a house out of new computers

just type in "man rigged lottery" it happens all the time. The most recent guy got caught in ohio rigging it for other people to win and they would give him some of the winnings. made 2 million over a few years.

incidently my cousins live in that town and know all the lunch ladys personally

this ones legit

money.cnn.com/2017/08/22/news/iowa-lottery-sentencing/index.html

>he actually pays his taxes
lmao what a cuck

After everything is said and done, after lump sum and taxes I'm getting an exact quarter billion plus 21k cash money. I plan on using 30 million right off the bat to give to family, friends and the people who sold me the ticket.

other than the obvious like lawyering up, hiring advisors, investors, moving and getting a new whip, I'm definitely going to the doctors to get checked out for possible health issues. That's about as far ahead as I've planned. I already have a couple highrise condos i'm looking into in my city and I'm getting the nicest Jacuzzi along with infinite hot water.

There's also a schizophrenic woman I've known for a couple years that I get along with well who lives across the pond but doesnt have access to proper mental health facilities. I really want to help her out. I think I might really like her, but it might be a bad idea to shack up with her.

In germoney you pay taxes upfront like Canada. And our lotteries are waaaaaaaay bigger than anyone else's.

Your antarctic son will hate you.

Gambling is fucking degenerate

i look at it as a mathematical reality, and nothing more.

Basically, 1 in 300 million persons will indeed win. So when the jackpot exceeds the odds of winning, I figure it's worth sacrificing a few bucks for a shot.

You really have this planned out, huh?

bread and circus.

>numbers are not generated randomly
>certain type of people are prescreened covertly and picked to win
>generally either poor or lower middle class to continue the illusion of the lottery win
>they always blow it and put the money back into the system in 5 to 7 years.
You guys aren't going to win shit.

better to have a plan and not win than have no plan and win imo. So many people lose all their winnings due to stupidity and I don't plan on being one of them if I do find myself in such an unlikely position.

The odds are always the same no matter what. even if it were 40 million, after taxes that;s enough to retire off of and set your kids and grandchildren up for life. I always play one or two tickets. today I bought four, what a splurge.

>In germoney you pay taxes upfront like Canada
Not on lotteries only on bets

>Did any of you bought some powerball tickets for today?

Yeah, I dropped $20, wtf, why not. Would be quiet happy with 150k. That would pay off the mortgage and my Jeep leaving me completely debt free.

3 investment bankers won like 400 million or something in New England a couple years ago. I also sold a man a $1,000,000 scratch off when I worked at a gas station. My aunts cousin who is a world famous magician won $250,000 at a Kroger in the ghetto near my old store.

Then drive to the shittiest part of town and buy a few tickets.

I was at a store and a rich white women brought her kids in and bought a ticket. I heard her say that if they win they are going on a long vacation.

Made me think, what the fuck does a rich white woman need with a long vacation? Her life is already pretty much a vacation. Shit out two kids, marry rich and drive a benz. What more could you want. Apparently $700MM.

I just want to live without the burden of having to pay 70% of my income into housing, schooling and taxes. I don't even mind working, it's satisfying.

>Then drive to the shittiest part of town and buy a few tickets.

Retirement areas. Always works out some old hag around 90-95 wins that shit.

In FL , that would be the Villages.

I would buy Sup Forums.
And then delete Sup Forums

It's statistically unwise to play low numbers because more people play them and you'd have to split the money.

But that are my lucky numbers

You're still playing so clearly they fucking aren't.

I would pay to make the last series of game of thrones the plot to the lord of the rings movies

I'm pretty sure that I will win the jackpot today.

This, I don't understand how people are stupid enough to start buying tickets in the first place.
Same applies for any other type of gambling based entirely on chance.

I just bought one ticket.

>mfw I win the powerball and become richer than 99% of all yanks

Fuck lotteries. Fuck gambling. It's degeneracy.

$2 to fantasize for a few hours about winning is not that bad a deal

But they're the lucky numbers of a lot of people. Often they play one number between 1 and 9 and then bunch of birthdays and stuff or numbers on the corners or multiples of ten. Better play random numbers.

If I won, I'd build abortion clinics across the world. The clinics would also offer free vasectomies, tubal ligation, and all forms of birth control, especially in cities with high poverty and third world countries.

>They sell nothing more then the concept of hope and the inevitable crushing defeat of impossible odds.
look at this frustrated retard. You have a 1/25 chance of winning double your money back. There are trending numbers and the lottery is not truly random. I buy two tickets a week, once each drawing, 8 times a month. I frequently make my money back, break even, or come out a little ahead, and sometimes lose a little. Ultimately it evens out in the long run for me, but I'm playing with a system that gives modest returns. I have no expectation of winning the jackpot, but I actually have a chance, unlike someone like you who doesn't play at all.

Lottery isn't a scam if you play responsibly. If you're buying with strategy and in moderation, you'll come to enjoy the humble thrill of turning in a handful of tickets at the end of the month for $15-$20 of leafy-greeny spendy money.

Statistically 4 to 5 winning tickets will be sold for tonight's drawing. And the government is going to take about half right off the top.
If you take the cash value its only a $443 mil prize pool.

If single individuals bought all the winning tickets, supposing no group buys win, then the winners will get somewhere around $50 mil each depending on how much they get taxed.
Still a shitload of money, but its not $700 million.

people forget that when more people than usual buy tickets for a particular drawing the probability of having to split the jackpot increases. Look at the historically big jackpots, there were two or three winning tickets for those.

this

only assuming you don't have to share it, which is a bad assumption when you see these long lines to buy lottery tickets.

The jackpot is way way lower though. 700 million jackpot is an unreal amount of money.

>buy an old Mc Donald's that's closed
>Renovate the inside to be an Arby's
>Keep the outside as a McDonald's
>People drive up to the drive thru and order a big Mac
>Sorry dude this is an Arby's
>Every 3 months renovate the inside to be a different restaurant and change the menu accordingly
>Only people that come inside actually know what we serve
>The only thing constant on the menu is we have rc cola, no Coke or Pepsi

who cares, do you want to win or not?
>I'd rather have nothing that split the prize with two other people & still end up with fuck you money to last my lifetime

I personally think lotteries are massive money dumps as stated in 1984 to give people something to place hope and faith in. I've never purchased a ticket, but if I did and won, I'd most likely stash it in a Swiss bank account and use it to create my own political career and possibly a rise to presidency so I can carry on Trump's leftie booty blasting legacy.

i'm kind of disappointed in myself that i believe this conspiracy theory too

Our lotteries have a higher winning chance

hell yes.

If I don't win, I hope you do

Digits and I'll go buy a ticket

Puerto Rico: No state or federal taxes on income.

Annuity: avg. net pay per year: $23,333,333; after 30 payments: $700,000
Lump Sum: net payout: $443,300,000

Another useless-eater goy tax.

I never had an interest in anything really. When I was a kid I wanted to become a game designer but my father refused to help me through school if that was my career choice. right now I'm starting computer science for a degree in software development, but desu it's not a passion, I just want the cushy money.

Some states give 50% of all lotto revenue into wild life conservation. Its not completely worthless depending on where you live.

This post made my day

move to a mountain peak, build a cabin, build a bunker, stock both. make an underground water storage container with filtration system for the rain. Buy necessities. Open a trust for my family members, Invest in heavy industry (oil drilling and such) profit?

>1 post by this ID
>hurr durr lotteries!
>links to Time magazine
Coincidence? I think not...

Didn't that guy win something like $650m, took the lump sum and after taxes ended up with about $90m? I'm not saying it still isn't a large amount, but you have to look at it from the right perspective. $90m compared to $0 is huge. $90m compared to $650m is fuck all. Especially not when you take the odds into consideration then there's only one (((winner))). The odds of five numbers and the bonus are ~7,000,000/1 here. If you match five and the bonus you get ~£50,000. In other words you're getting paid 140x less than the odds you're beating. You would unironically make more money by going to the bookies and putting a £1 on predicting the five numbers and the bonus without actually buying a ticket. Obviously the bookies wouldn't pay out that amount (they don't generally pay out more than £1m), but you still see the point.
The lottery is for people who don't know anything about gambling and immediately think "it's worth it" because all they see is the prize money.
Unbelievably, Richard "Refugees Welcome" Branson tried to buy the National Lottery (our Lotto) about 20 years ago. At the time it was £1 to play and the lowest prize you could win was £10 for three numbers. He wanted to totally change the system so the prize money was more in line with the odds. Obviously you can imagine the kvetching and he was immediately shut down.

They'll use it to pay for a psy op like in San Bernardino.

It'd never be that severe, but quite a lot is taken by taxes
usamega.com/powerball-jackpot.asp

If one person won it all they'd end up with something in the range of $298 to $332 million, but could still owe more in taxes beyond that. You could conceivably only take home $200 million.

With Powerball, if you take the lump sum they knock 50% right off the top. Then you have to pay taxes on the 50% you get. That takes about 30% off your winnings. So for being greedy you lose 70%.

If you take the annuity you get the 100% (unless the lottery collapses in the next 30 years) but you still have to pay taxes so figure 30% over the lifetime of the annuity. So you're getting 70% by not being greedy.

>took the lump sum
This is a big part your forgetting, you always get less if you take the lump sum instead of the payments.

Hail Eris!

Only an idiot wouldn't pick the lum sum

youtu.be/xP0zlW7P0zA

I gamble on buying more farmland. Which really isn't a gamble at all. People gotta eat.

Hey Richard how's the alt right doing?

>buying more farmland.
Have fun paying property tax every year.