Yfw you realize NASA stopped innovating and has kept the same archaic designs and tech since the late 60's/early 70's

>yfw you realize NASA stopped innovating and has kept the same archaic designs and tech since the late 60's/early 70's.
>yfw elon musk is innovating space travel now
oh bby pls dont stop.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LCzBvCB1uOo
petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/formally-recognize-antifa-terrorist-organization-0
petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/declare-george-soros-terrorist-and-seize-all-his-related-organizations-assets-under-rico-and-ndaa-law
youtube.com/watch?v=nULPR9MjKNw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

elon muske will be considered the John Locke of libertarians

>Don't fix what's not broken.

This boob can't even spell aesthetic properly

>balance esthetics and function
>not going pure function
>not spelling it 'aesthetics'
Elon Musk has lost my vote.

NASA suit will be more functional. They have tested thousands of suits and designs and have settled with the best.

>caring about aesthetics in the vacuum of space.
>wanting to look snazzy while your face plate depressurizes

This is literally the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

Capitalism was a mistake.

>comparing regular spacesuit with EVA spacesuit
>pretending SpaceX isn't subsidized by the government

>limited moveability
>not broken

lemme guess, this is your car?

It's because it's cheaper and easier for a government to invest and then buy the products from a company.
You think some bureaucrat from Washington knows who to hire if they want to make a hyper loop?

It is just atrezzo, get the job done for the films.

i agree. pure function looks so much better than anything made to look good.

>diminishing returns
>no budget
if it works and you are broke why improve?

i seriously doubt that they have not improved the spacesuit, even if the outside still looks like same design

the main difference seems to be helmet shape and from what i know about pressure and shape- the old design with a spherical shape seems like it would be superior to a non-spherical shape

just my 2 cents

>aesthetics
>no solid face pl8 with led HUD

>Elon musk
He is a smooth talker, and inspires people but he isn't particularly innovative and just produces alot of hot air, Tesla is dependent on Panasonics battery technology not their own.

because improvements can be cheaper if not better
>ill take what are reusable spacecraft without the need of a retrofit after each use for $500 jim

It looks like a deluxe $200 party city costume.
It is feasible that materials have gotten stronger and thinner, but there was a bigger reason that the suits were so thick and bulky.

What you're looking at is pleather with a bunch of stitches and a cheap motorcycle helmet.
Dude doesn't even have a gold visor for sunrays. Bring that to the moon and you're fucked.

came to post this

He's from South Africa. South African English is as unique as American English.

You do realize the shuttle was a dumbass idea and not at all pure function.

how do you not know if spaceX's suit isnt made out of bullet proof kevlar and vulcanized rubber along with bullet proof glass and titanium/carbon fiber for shit?

Reminder that space is fake news
youtube.com/watch?v=LCzBvCB1uOo

>elon musk
>smooth talker
have you ever heard him speak? he stutters and has a speech impediment. on top of the fact that his mind is moving at 100mph whereas his mouth can only do 60mph

>wings
>in space
>in fucking space

>cost to design
>cost to produce
>cost to test
No developing new tech is very very expensive it only becomes cheap with time.

>yfw elon musk is innovating space travel now
>now

he's been doing this for years (spacex is 15 years old now)

we've been using it for decades, it was a huge success

the fact that we still use it is further proof that it was a good design

How much money does that guy get from the government?

The NASA one looks better desu. The others look like Chinese materials.

>He's from South Africa.
That explains why he wants to go to space so badly.

That's not the shuttle, amigo.

>Budget-gobbling Meme Shuttle
>Functional

MFW the private sector is more advanced and capable than the government.

No it was a huge failure.

Pure function inspires aesthetics, one should never focus on designing something to be aesthetically pleasing if it isn't art. Go for full functionality and people will find it naturally pleasing to the eye when they associate it with convenience and the grace of a perfectly working machine.

That said, he likely worked on aesthetics because space-X is a company and they have to sell to retarded normalfag shareholders. You and I both know how stupid those kinds of valuable people are.

Whoops I'm retarded that's the Buran. It's still a shitty idea, though.

Nasa is Hollywood guys.

All astronuauts are Masons.

Most people on NASA doesn´t know the Hoax.

Now aliens won't laugh at us when we show up with cool outfits.
Suck it NASA, all they ayys thought we were the retard race.

explain

>he believes in the space meme

Earth is flat, there is a dome

All space travel and documentation is fake

Look at the photo of the earth from the moon

The size is all fucking wrong

FAKE

NASA deploys spacecraft meant to last centuries, musk wants a billionaire colony on mars

>comparing a hypothetical uniform to one proven to work in an infinite vacuum based on current fashion trends

>archaic designs waaahhhh
>waaah
>waah

Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING designed by NASA in the 50's and 60's was over designed to withstand both time and use.

It was when, you know, Americans gave a damn about themselves and their country. The good old days...

R E U S A B L E S P A C E C R A F T

>t. "I've never made a spelling error"

Are all retarded. Marketing an product/service based on aesthetics to the general public is an amazing idea. People are literally going to be traveling to mars in 2023 to take selfies in this suit with their Galaxy iPhone 12S. Investors are gonna be all over this shit.

double vacuum pressure is not some crazy achievement

Read "whitey on the moon"

Negro gibs and veneration killed the space program

He wants to get as far away from niggers as possible.

kek I would too

Musk is a filthy financier. Did he create new materials or concepts? No, he just ordered to design some sci-fi cosplay to amuse the plebs, noone really knows if practical at all.

GLORIOUS SOVIET "BURAN"

Read Whitey on the Moon by Kersey, and you'll understand.

I dig it

Landing and reusing expended rockets is now practical, user.

>white people doing white people things
About fucking time.

Musk and SpaceX are like little drooling babies compared to 1960's NASA and the Soviets.

>the fact that we still use it is further proof that it was a good design
That's funny, because it stopped being used years ago, and they don't plan to use shuttles anymore.

Fuck elon musk

The NASA spacesuit is aesthetically pleasing, at least 10x better than the hollywood costume to the left.

Damn the NASA spacesuit looks good

>Marketing an product/service based on aesthetics to the general public is an amazing idea.
Not if there's no competition.

>People are literally going to be traveling to mars in 2023 to take selfies in this suit with their Galaxy iPhone 12S.
Yeah, and by the year 2000 we'll all have flying cars. I wouldn't go around calling other's retarded, user.

Fuck niggers

i'll agree that nasa tech from the 50's and 60's was pretty high tech but its not 1969 anymore. its not even 1989. Its 2017.

and you can't even pretend like ohh, we're advancing because we're not. Between first flight, which lasted 12 fucking seconds on a rickity plane to landing on the moon was 66 years.

the first time we put a man in space was 1959 with mercury seven, it's been 58 years since then. what do we have to show for it? based on that last example of constantly pushing the envelope, striving for better and not settling on. "ohh, it works, its good enough, why change it?" thats the attitude why we have colonized another planet and will never unless we innovate and change

Flightsuit vs spacesuit. Not same thing. /thread

>*havent colonized another planet

troll/10

Newer suit looks more flexible than SpaceX anime suit.

You can't compare EVA suits with IVA suits.

However comparing the Starliner one with the SpaceX one is fair game and it looks like SpaceX is doing a great job once again (probably using far less money too).

>elon musk
>innovating anything

He's only tarnishing the good name of Nikola Tesla by using it for his shit car company.

wtf why balance the two? it should be pure function

if it ain't broke, don't fix it

Why is the American flag in combat position on The 2017 SpaceX suit?

Well, we do carry super computers (by old standards) in our pockets. Flying cars were a pipe dream. SpaceX is actually probable, not absolute, but definitely probable.

S P A C E C O R P S

it should be obvious man. we space colonizers now

this is an old image so prototype but SpaceX's EVAs will follow the same style but will have more robust materials.

>yfw the conditions of space don't change when you've got to prepare for all the conditions

somebody's gotta kill the bugs to make room for future settlers

Musk is part of the Bogdanoff's inner circle, he's one of the few who knows about the existence of Martians and is preparing America for the inevitable Olympus Mons War

>combat position
uh that's not how it works
assume you're moving forward then the flag would be waving behind you

if the flag was on the other shoulder then it would be in the 'normal' position

Ellon Musk signed and shared these petitions, you should too (Ellon here).

Let's get Antifa labeled as terrorists, official white house petition here:
petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/formally-recognize-antifa-terrorist-organization-0

Let's also get George Soros what he deserves for financing violent domestic terrorist groups:
petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/declare-george-soros-terrorist-and-seize-all-his-related-organizations-assets-under-rico-and-ndaa-law
Sign and share please!

That could go off road and cross country at that.

We don't practice capitalism. We practice usury via compounding interest.
The sheep are free to eat from any trough they want. They are all poison except one.

>wings
>in space
They're for re-entry dipshit.

We /spacenazis/ now

youtube.com/watch?v=nULPR9MjKNw

Reminder that ULA Shills itt are trying to shut him down just like they are in real life.

Plus they came with a tea set and primitive hotplate under the seat in a toolbox.

He grabs his pocket with his pinkie dumbfuck

Maybe it's strictly a flightsuit and isn't meant for spacewalks? I bet it holds up to low-pressure/low-oxygen environments, but lacks the material strength to protect from debris and radiation.

AYY

you cant be this fucking retarded can you

Anyone with half a brain knows that the human consciousness trapped in a meat sack is not going to go very far. Cosmic radiation will do serious damage to you unless you line your ship with an inch of lead or five feet of water jackets. The lack of gravity? That will fucking kill you slowly, but you'll still die far before your time. Fuck colonies too, your offspring will wither and die with serious cardiac issues.

Nanotechnology and cybernetics are the only path to human-born intelligence 'colonizing' space.

Instead, the kike front will tell you that the US needs billions to develop massively impractical.

A human brain fully converted neuron by neuron to nanotechnology could be compressed to the size of a walnut. Put that in a small, versatile body that can shut down and 'dream' in networked VR and you have the ability to shoot shells with human robots in them to the corners of the solar system and beyond.

We should be devoting all of our resources to developing god-tier cyborgs. Nothing else makes sense.

All those ads on the Boeing suit make me think they were inspired by Liiga hockey.

fuck you user. Elon Musk has done more for science and technology than both of us combined will ever do. Regardless of politics he is worthy of our mutual respect.

Looks like Daft Punk

>adds unnecessary weight and complicated design
>not using parachutes like ever spacecraft before it.

to be fair, there were political reasons to dump money on it. Since then there have been none. I bet if fucking China started colonizing the moon we'd be fucking dumping trillions into space.