How would Sup Forums's island actually turn out?

How would Sup Forums's island actually turn out?

Other urls found in this thread:

privateislandsonline.com/south-pacific/vanuatu/pilotin-islanddown
pacificwater.org/userfiles/file/Vanuatu -Water Supply System Assessment-new.pdf
pmel.noaa.gov/pubs/PDF/wrig505/wrig505.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Poorly.

One fat woman with two kids and a bunch of horny males.

Day 3
> run out of sunscreen

Day 4
> cable guy still hasn't shown up to connect internet

Day 10
> out of food, everyone living off body fat

Day 50
> the few women who showed up have left, no one has that much of a problem with it because they weren't getting laid anyway

It'd look like a Sup Forums meet up with cringey neckbearded kekistan faggots everywhere.

NO ONE would be white. And it would be alright.

Day 62
> Indonesian pirates rob everyone
> nothing left to trade

Day 63
> cannibalism

Day 79
> natives decide to retake island, make landfall on north shore
> Sup Forums in battle with sticks & stones
> satellite phone battery runs dead

To start our you'd have people try to lead, speeches made, foolhardy plans tried. Many would die, but those left would scrape together and make a go of it somehow.

Then from that, we'll see about the world.

Like all of Sup Forums's large-scale projects it'd inevitably be destroyed by leaderfagging.

i hate to consider the faggotry.

> leader becomes the first victim of cannibalism

I give it 3 weeks before they resort to butt fucking each other.

Not cannibalism, just the inevitable victim of theirown hubris and innate human incompetence.

oy vey leave our pirates alone

It would all be fine and dandy until 1 weakling would allow traps because reasons
then it would be gays, based niggers, kikes, fat women and all sort of undesirable element

Day 1: Accused of human rights violations

day 0: we declare our independence from UN human rights charter card and cull the kikes

There's no fresh water on it. It would end before it began.

It's an island, I assume with vegetation unless it's literally a barren sandbar. THere's fresh water somewhere, or if there isn't you can distil seawater. Using the sun if necessary. Of course with that you'll struggle to maintain much more than a handful of people, but if it's a deathtrap that's completely hostile to life then I'd hardly call it a fair senario.

>Of course with that you'll struggle to maintain much more than a handful of people
That's what we're talking about. Maybe you could maintain like 10 people max.

Day 2. UN coalition led by ((them)) launches invasion of island to shut it down.

There are very few islands like that anywhere unless like I say it's a fucking sandbar, probably underwater 50% of the time. The plants need fresh water to live, so it's there.

Make babbies with Ginger Grant.

You're not talking about eking out an existence. You could definitely do that.

You're talking about actually building on this island, and living civilized lives. That takes more water than just surviving. And if you're really trying to go be survivalist, one wonders why? And do a bunch of people who live on the internet really think they're gonna be fine with that?

It does yes, but first you need to survive. The rest just requires the time to work the rest out without dying. The basic materials are basically the same wherever you are on earth, you just need knowledge at that point.

What I'm saying is that an island with no fresh water cannot ever sustain "civilized" life for more than a handful of people. Desalination isn't viable. Rainwater won't be enough.

>What I'm saying is that an island with no fresh water

So you *have* stuck us on a sandbar. That's going far beyond even the "desert island" senario you've planned for us. The one you've probably planed out for youself. Like I say, if there is plant life, there is water. You just want us to fail by setting us an impossible task because it makes you feel better.

No. This island has no fresh water. That is a fact. Those trees survive by rain.

Every island around there, no matter how small, has trees like that on it. Almost none of them actually have water. These trees are adapted to survive on what they can get. We are not.

You think I'm moving the goalposts, and I'm telling you I'm not.

>No. This island has no fresh water. That is a fact. Those trees survive by rain.

Which fictional trees are these?

privateislandsonline.com/south-pacific/vanuatu/pilotin-islanddown

These ones, on the island under discussion. Or did you think we were speaking purely hypothetically?

>That much very green vegetation
>no water
I think I even see limestone.

You don't actually think a bunch of socially inept, autistic, obese, bitter virgins could form a functional society do you?

> Some 69 islands are inhabited with rural populations generally found in coastal villages or near provincial centres. Water supply is normally from groundwater via open wells and bores, and from surface water sources. Rainwater collection is also common.
pacificwater.org/userfiles/file/Vanuatu -Water Supply System Assessment-new.pdf

You underestimate tropical vegetation, britbong. It doesn't take much.

Fresh water is so rare on these types of island that if there was any besides the rain, it would certainly be mentioned prominently in the listing. Now, there is plenty of rain. But not enough.

Island rainfall in the south pacific can range from as low as 20 cm a year to as high as around 400. I haven't been rigorous about it but it seems like 100 is the median: pmel.noaa.gov/pubs/PDF/wrig505/wrig505.pdf

Given the size of the island, if we collected all the water that ever fell every year, you might get a million gallons a year. But that's not really feasible. I'd say you'd be incredibly lucky to support thirty people on that place with similar comfort to a developed country.

Do you know about limestone? Rainwater dissolves it, creating fissures, caves, sinkholes and caverns. Thus creating huge underground freshwater aquifers. It literally bleeds water. I know, half of Britain is bedded on it, I suspect that's extactly why that island is so green. The roots have tapped right through the cracks.

>You underestimate tropical vegetation, britbong. It doesn't take much.
There are two types of tropical vegetation. They either have tapped into somer sort of freshwater source, or they store it within themselves. There's another type that's basically dead until it rains but those trees are certainly not that.

I think you have me confused with

>what is a Macassan well

Sorry, but still applies.

I actually agree with you, I think it's likely an island like this would have a source of fresh water. Even the Pitcairn Islands do.

Somewhere there's a brown guy in an outrigger canoe who could definitively answer this question.

Probably freedomed by the UN.

I like how her wrinkles kinda make her face seem see-through, and you can see the rest of her right earring.

Can I come? I can be the resident tranny.

>hi guise, meet pabloette, the only transhombre in this godforsaken dilation nation
> muted calls of TRAPS ARE GAY

>Day 1
>A bunch of NEET coders and other people with titles like "sys admin" and "network admin" show up to an island in mandals and loosely-fitting t-shirts
>discussion about the forthcoming glorious ancap white nationalist utopia ensues
>Day 2
>Someone starts collecting and trading food for other useful items
>Sup Forumsacks shut it down because merchanting is a Jewish trick
>business reinstated on day 3 because others argue that shutting down trade is part and parcel of Jewish ideology
>small government forms and tries to tax the business, Sup Forumsacks ban government because governments are "intrinsically Jewish" institutions
>nothing gets done because everyone thinks everything is Jewish ideology sneaking its way into the utopia
>paranoid autists eventually stand around each other on the beach accusing one another of being Jewish as severe dehydration sets in
>Day 5
>incessant complaining about the lack of chink cartoons to jerk off to is reaching its zenith
>Day 7
>Severe assburgers guy who's not sure what to do with his hands when he talks annoys the hell out of the few productive people as they work, unable to see his interruptions as anger-causing and detrimental
>the only 3 productive people leave because of it
>Day 10
>everyone hits peak bitchy and peak starvation and elects to leave the island, blaming everyone else
>everyone comes back to Sup Forums, having done zero introspection about their personality and why implementing their ideology might have failed, and starts shitposting as normal

you faggots are good for finding flight patterns in the country side, pinpointing coordinates in the tundra, and other autistic shit but I wouldn't trust any of you antisocial weebs to run a functioning porta shitter at an airport construction site, let alone an island

Yfw I converted the old Lister HR3 genset into a distillery