Guess which one is privatised

Britain of course

the one where it's nearly illegal to build anything from the ground up, coincidentally

>free discount

Our trains are a joke

We invented them, gave them to the world then some bright spark decided to rip them all up, then privatize what was left, and now we keep cancelling new lines/electrification etc because too many people get involved and the costs spiral.

What we need instead is "you have x amount of money, and x amount of months. If you take longer and spend more you all go to jail and get raped by muslims"

100 quid fare? You're 'aving a laugh ain't ya

Guess which ones receive immense government subsidies

>government creates restrictions
>restrictions make it so that companies can't compete properly
And when it all goes to shite you blame privatization instead of the root of the problem, the stupid government restrictions.

Southern Rail fares and journey times have shot up because the unions keep throwing their toys out of the pram. I swear, if the unions stopped throwing tantrums, everything would run smoothly.

I'd rather pay 96 quids than wait 4 hours and then be left standing close to the door for the whole trip duration every time I have to take a train

good goy

>I'd rather pay 96 quids than wait 4 hours and then be left standing close to the door for the whole trip duration every time I have to take a train
What about if you have to pay 96 quids and wait 4 hours and then not get a seat on said train? Because that's what's going on here.

You can attribute a lot of the blame to the Union, they cause so many fucking problems it's actually getting tiresome, at least now I know why muslims want to blow up our trains.

>London to Bristol
You would be beheaded before you even got on the train because having that much money and not donating it to the mosque is haram.

Is it possible to take a train across the EU?

constructing and maintaining rail network is extremely expensive and time consuming. If your rail network is fucked, it will take decades of time and billions of euro to do anything about it.
Smart countries built up their rails bit by bit over the last century, responsibly to population and industrial growth over time. If your rail network is in shambles, no sane politician will touch that issue with a pole. it would cause massive black hole in the budget, the train network would be cripple by delays over endless reconstruction and reorganization, and only real tangible benefits would be reaped only like 20 years later, long after their term in office is over. Effectively a political suicide

I never understood why the Brits have such an expensive rail transport system, which is also like a spiderweb around London, but doesn't connect cities directly.

Rail is good and cheap. You can pay 19 euros for a 500 km trip here in Germany, if you prebook a few days before.

Also it's 16€ for the shittest and slowest of the possible offers

Yes, just get a Eurail pass

KYS FAGGOT GAY OP

Our country is retarded and has been too "london focused" for many years, they have fucked up, they know this. They are wasting billions of £'s (real money, not Euros which is junk paper money) on HS2 and talks about HS3, we don't need that bullshit, it's waste.

>What we need instead is "you have x amount of money, and x amount of months. If you take longer and spend more you all go to jail and get raped by muslims"
Amern my sister, we need to do this. Kill them all!

>Is it possible to take a train across the EU?
Yes, I have done it many times.

Frankfurt-Paris is very fast (less than 4 hours) and good prices.

Frankfurt-Rome works well too (overnight train).

Frankfurt-Warsaw too.

Frankfurt-Madrid is very long, but works.

You can even do Frankfurt-London via Brussels - crosses 4 EU states (Germany, Belgium, France and UK).

yea, it's really cheap too if you are under 27 or something.

Why not fly for the longer trips?

We need government to build roads, okay?

Most people fly. But I have done the Rome trip with a trip spontenously - extremely low costs for overnight trip and you can take as much stuff with you as you want (we were visiting a buddy in Rome and took 80kg or so in luggage - we decided around 4pm to go to Rome and were in the train by 7pm and next day we were in Rome - slept in the train).

But yes, flights are better.

Just plain bullshit, the service MAY be somewhat average on the urban trains, but the high speed railway is top notch and is pretty cheap compared to european standars.

>We need to renationalise the railwa-

Our trains are shit as well, yet I still pay for the overpriced tickets.

FREE MARKET WILL FIX IT

Have you ever been on a British train? I have, and it was both the most expensive and the shittiest train ride I've been on. And that includes southern and eastern Europe and the US.

dude, I studied 5 years in bologna and took the regional Bologna-Ancona at least once or twice a month. It was late 90% of the time and always full to the brim till Rimini, literally Japanese subway levels full.

Just move to the city goy. It's very enriching.

Why the hell would anyone in their right mind want to make it easy to escape London?
Fuck that, we should be increasing the costs of traveling from occupied territories to Britain.

>regional train
Nigger would you rater have traveled on the same train while paying twice as much because muh supply and demand?
We are talking about price/QoS ratio here. What does a 96 bongcoins ticket buy you in the UK? Here with that sum you can purchase a first class Venice-Rome trip on a high-speed train (frecciargento or frecciarossa) and service is nothing even remotely comparable to a shitty regional train full of commuters and niggers that didn't pay the ticket.

>What is supply and demand determine prices in free markets for 500 please Tom

this.