Christian threads are the only redeeming threads on Sup Forums...

Christian threads are the only redeeming threads on Sup Forums. All else is vulgarity; people committing the same sins they accuse others of.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IJxdIXgMGAI
youtube.com/watch?v=xqo-dytQn7Q
youtube.com/watch?v=dmSircOd1w4
youtu.be/GswSg2ohqmA
youtube.com/watch?v=bpl8lquYpXA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Our message today is this. Learn to treasure sobriety, and seriousness. And learn not to confuse these in their proper form with depression or a lack of enthusiasm towards life, or a passivity. Rather, we must not take liberties to sin, feeling we are justified by the sin of others. We must not allow the anger of others to become our anger. We must not allow the ignorance of others to become our ignorance. A coward is destabilized by fear, but it is no less of a sin to be destabilized by pleasures and passions. Be centered in strife, and be centered in fortune. Bring your attention on the One Perfect Being and make it your work not to allow your mind to stray to that which is ultimately trivial and temporal. Join the Brotherhood of Christ, in strict attention to morality, and be not lost to time and death, but be One and Unified, Now, and march defiantly towards Eternity.

>A MAN must bring a serious Mind to this Work. He must come before God with sincere Earnestness, deep Humility, and hearty Sorrow for his Sins, and with a deliberate and firm Resolution, not to enter any more into the old broad Way of Vanity. And though the whole World should account him a Fool, and he should lose both Honour and Goods, nay, and the temporal Life also, for the Sake of his new Choice, yet he must resolve firmly to abide by it.

god bless

>All else is vulgarity

O God, how I suffer in this hellish abode, drenched in the heaviness of night. Fools give way to demons in this place, and nightmares abound. The world is full of sin and death. The world is full of sinners and worshipers of death, and those who would scorn a duty to themselves, to the study of greater knowledge. And those that know little have much to say, and those who know much are humbled by Thy Presence Unending and so speak not for fear of Thee. For we wish not to invoke Thy Anger more than we already have. For we know our sins, and we know our ugliness and filth. And we know it in others, and we carry it all, we carry it all. And we carry it for Thee, that we may not forget one transgression, that it may not be washed clean on the Last Day, Thy Day of Judgment, whence comes Thy Holy Light, that which delivers us from our great burden. And we must know every sin and every transgression, so that our soul may be washed clean by Thy Love, by Thy Light. And we show ourselves to the light of Thy Emanations, that we may receive sweet supplement. All perfection lies with Thee, and all capacity for the same. What hope have we to become masters of our own soul if we rely upon our own imperfection?

>All else is vulgarity
yup

>sobriety
drugged people can get metaphysical higher than most ((((prophets))))). Seems like a bad virtue to be an sobriety extremist.
>we must not take liberties to sin
why not? sin and transgression are why the internet exists.
>A coward is destabilized by fear
I know. that's why most religious people are religious. fear.
>make it your work not to allow your mind to stray to that which is ultimately trivial and temporal.
if believing in god is so important than you would think he'd beam an image of himself to everyone NOW.
>[be in] deep Humility
Never go deep into anything. that's the crux of crippling fear.
>feel Sorrow for [your] Sins
feeling sorrow is a negative feeling. God is dispassionate if he encourages this.
>don't enter into the way of vanity
being vain is exactly why Jesus is remembered now. "NOBODY goes into the father but through me". Really pretentious even if true.
>don't worry about being a fool, losing honor, losing wealth
Why not? The happiest people are the ones that have tremendous success in all their pursuits. Seems like empty platitudes.

OVERALL, this is why I conclude that Christianity is a gateway drug to Islam. It encourages so much self-hatred that you get compelled to go deeper with Islam blanket hatred of everything.

youtube.com/watch?v=IJxdIXgMGAI

I just read the Kolbrin. AMA

After reading lot of Aristotle, Church Fathers, Augustine, Aquinas, Chesteron, Denzinger, as well as studying history, I've realized it was all futile as this post destroyed all those idiots

That's a classic. Ted pike is great.
youtube.com/watch?v=xqo-dytQn7Q

It's true.

Sup Forums has fallen along ways these past three years.

>Isaiah 48:18
"If only you had paid attention to my commands, your peace would have been like a river, your well-being like the waves of the sea."

I haven't read it. It regards prophecies? We know what Paul said about prophecy...

whos history did you study?

The Jesus was a jewish guy meme history
or
Jesus was an Esoteric Philosopher History

protip: one isnt on google (unless you know what you're looking for)

“This being so, when the good and the wicked suffer alike, the identity of their sufferings does not mean that there is no difference between them. Though the sufferings are the same, the sufferers remain different. Virtue and vice are not the same, even if they undergo the same torment. The fire which makes gold shine makes chaff smoke; the same flail breaks up the straw and clears the grain; and oil is not mistaken for lees because both are forced out by the same press. In the same way, the violence which assails good men to test them, to cleanse and purify them, effects in the wicked their condemnation, ruin and annihilation. Thus the wicked, under pressure of affliction, execrate God and blaspheme; the good, in the same affliction, offer up prayers and praises. This shows that what matters is the nature of the sufferer, not the nature of the sufferings. Stir a cesspit, and a foul stench arises; stir a perfume, and a delightful fragrance ascends. But the movement is identical.”

Anyone else looking forward to the Warhammer 40k style Christian Galactic Empire?

A "thing" (a planet or comet, i assume) Called the "Destroyer" or "Frightener" will come close again and royally ruin life as we know it.

It says people just didnt tell stories/myths about it, as it was a complete upheavelon earth and people just wanted to get on with life instead of remembering.

The weather changed instantly and dramatically (floods in deserts, Blizzards in the jungle etc.

a taste:
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
THE TRIBULATIONS OF YOSIRA
These things were written in the Book of the Two Roads: Yosira, who is therein called Yoshira, came from beyond the Realm of Athor and was the first king of Tehamut. He established the festivals of the new moon, the festival of wool drawing and the days of devotion. When first he brightened this land by his presence, the welfare of its people was in the hands of false priests who taught that man was a double-spirited being in whom the Spirit of Good struggled with the Spirit of Evil for possession of his soul. Each deed and thought was said to
strengthen one or other of the opponents. The people were not completely deceived in accepting this, it is perhaps an earthly distortion of reflected Truth, but neither is it wholly true. In the days of old, men saw Truth but dimly, for it could be only partially revealed in accordance with their ability to understand it. Truth is a light growing even brighter in the darkness of man's ignorance, and as the generations pass and go down into dust,
men see more clearly. Each lightbearer dispels a little more darkness, and Yosira was a lightbearer, the greatest of them all.

I don't believe one should live a life concerned with prophecies.

The words of St. Augustine in are much more relevant to my concerns.

A man's circumstances do not change his duty, nor should any prophecy, past, present, or future.

It literally mentions it once.
It says a comet passed by and caused damage and it willprobably happen again, science even says this.

The Voice of God came out of the Heavens unto His servants even before the days of Wunis, but in these days it has come to certain of His Devoted Ones who heard it within the cavern of visions. Afterwards, each wrote it down according to his own hearing, and lo, when they came together it was seen that each had recorded the same words. Thus, the things which were heard by the three and set down by them in writing, all being agreed
alike are things recorded forever.

"I am the Voice of God Who is the God of All Men and Ruler of their Hearts. I have many aspects and come differently to all men, I am the God of Many Faces. To you. My servants, I give these words, that they may be carried to all men. Obey My commands and I will be Your God. I will enlighten and instruct you, guiding you along the way. I desire your love and loyalty, and your adherence to My plans, but I do not desire your servility. I am not only your God but your Commander as well, and so I expect obedience and discipline, as befits those who prepare for harsh and grim battles such as those which lie ahead".

"My desire is for love rather than futile sacrifices of burnt offerings, but it should not be a passive love but one expressing service in My Cause. A certain knowledge of right and wrong, with free choice of the former, is of greater value in My sight than pointless ritualistic worship. I derive no pleasure from the wasteful shedding of blood from bulls and lambs. I gain nothing from the fat of sheep and the flesh of goats. I am the Creator of All, so what can men give that would increase My greatness? Men are misled if they believe that their sins can be purged by vain rituals. Only active goodness can obliterate the stain of sin".

it resonates

Amen.

i can put some more out if you like

"Men approach Me in fear, they come to me with servility. They beg forgiveness for their sins and request My help in worldly matters. To sing My praises is their excuse for coming into places made sacred unto Me, but they come wanting something, be it only reassurance. With this attitude towards Me, do you wonder that I remain mute before their pleas? Bring Me no more vain offerings of flesh and blood, for such wastefulness of
life is an offence to the God of Life. What benefit do I derive from all your feasts or festivals? Give me dedication and effort, that is all I ask. Above all be true to yourselves, for I abhor the face of hypocrisy, the face now all too familiar when men approach Me".

"Men bring Me meat and wine, fine flour and wheaten cakes, thinking I can consume these, or that 1 have need of such sustenance. I would be far better served were these to be given to the widow and orphan, to the multitudinous poor whom you suffer to exist in your midst. Poverty is man-made and it is not sufficient for the wealthy to give alms to the poor; those with power and position, with wealth and plenty must strike at the roots of poverty. If they fail to do this, then the alms they give have no merit in My sight".

"Your solemn assemblies, your tedious processions, your long faces and melancholy expressions bring no gladness to My heart. Your burdensome ceremonials and futile offerings of life and food benefit Me in no way at all. Men themselves may derive benefit from these, but their hypocrisy when they proclaim they do this in My name is not hidden from Me".

This is what was called "the Irish Catholic Church, Pope Hadrian (Rome) tried to crush it by allowing England (his native country) to be given divine mandate (by rome) to conquer and "civilize" Ireland.

There is so much history hidden behind this book, this is why glastonbury was burned down.

Gonna Post a few highlights:

"Real and sincere worship is to obey My laws and to shoulder the responsibilities of men, to steadfastly conform to My plan and to live in neighbourly harmony. He who devotes his life to Me also devotes it to his own welfare. He who serves Me well likewise serves himself. This is the Law of Laws. For the whole purpose of life is not the service of God but the development of the soul of man. He who worships Me with empty ritual and vain ceremonial but neglects the wellbeing of his own soul, does not serve Me well, for he thwarts My purpose.
-
"Men must nourish their spirit and sustain it with spiritual fare. They must also learn that the spirit is not something separate from man, or something within him. Man is spirit, man is soul. There is no need to engage in long-winded empty discussions about far away things hiding beyond the reach and understanding of men. To know the reality of the spirit and to establish the existence of the soul, man has only to delve within his nature, to seek within himself The spiritual part of man is not a mysterious something outside his being, or a thing difficult to understand. To discover it requires no more than the effort of seeking".
-
"If a man follow a false god with goodwill and honesty, serving men well and living in accordance with My laws, I will not repudiate him and he will not be denied enlightenment on the way. There are many roads along which the soul may travel to bring about its development and awakening to elf-consciousness, but is it not advantageous to choose the best one? Only the foolish travel blindly, without seeking guidance and directions.

Can I get a perspective here?

This is rocking my world.

The Irish Celtic Church may have survived.

Holy Lord Inside.

amen

Let no soul think that to say God undertook a hard labour in willing that many sons and daughters should be sharers of the divine nature, is to abate his glory! The greater the difficulty, the greater is the glory of him who does the thing he has undertaken—without shadow of compromise, with no half-success, but with a triumph of absolute satisfaction to innumerable radiant souls! He knew what it would cost!—not energy of will alone, or merely that utterance and separation from himself which is but the first of creation, though that may well itself be pain—but sore suffering such as we cannot imagine, and could only be God's, in the bringing out, call it birth or development, of the God-life in the individual soul—a suffering still renewed, a labour thwarted ever by that soul itself, compelling him to take, still at the cost of suffering, the not absolutely best, only the best possible means left him by the resistance of his creature. Man finds it hard to get what he wants, because he does not want the best; God finds it hard to give, because he would give the best, and man will not take it. What Jesus did, was what the Father is always doing; the suffering he endured was that of the Father from the foundation of the world, reaching its climax in the person of his Son. God provides the sacrifice; the sacrifice is himself. He is always, and has ever been, sacrificing himself to and for his creatures. It lies in the very essence of his creation of them. The worst heresy, next to that of dividing religion and righteousness, is to divide the Father from the Son—in thought or feeling or action or intent; to represent the Son as doing that which the Father does not himself do. Jesus did nothing but what the Father did and does. If Jesus suffered for men, it was because his Father suffers for men; only he came close to men through his body and their senses, that he might bring their spirits close to his Father and their Father.

so giving them life, and losing what could be lost of his own. He is God our Saviour: it is because God is our Saviour that Jesus is our Saviour. The God and Father of Jesus Christ could never possibly be satisfied with less than giving himself to his own! The unbeliever may easily imagine a better God than the common theology of the country offers him; but not the lovingest heart that ever beat can even reflect the length and breadth and depth and height of that love of God which shows itself in his Son—one, and of one mind, with himself. The whole history is a divine agony to give divine life to creatures. The outcome of that agony, the victory of that creative and again creative energy, will be radiant life, whereof joy unspeakable is the flower. Every child will look in the eyes of the Father, and the eyes of the Father will receive the child with an infinite embrace.

Was Jesus a bodhisattva (follower of Buddha)? The gospel of Thomas seems to suggest so.

youtube.com/watch?v=dmSircOd1w4

Was Jesus an Atheist?

Really good stuff you're posting. Keep it coming

Was the Buddha an atheist?

1 Corinthians seems appropriate for this thread. Also how do people feel about this channel youtu.be/GswSg2ohqmA

Bhuddism is a Confucius oversimplification which is inferior to the thing simplified

Or to put it more bluntly: Buddha was a charlatan

"I am not influenced by the mere formal actions of men, or by empty sacrifice. Lighted lamps and candles, days of fasting and self-mortification by man cannot sway Me in his favour. I am not to be bribed, for I am God. He who handles fire carelessly and gets burnt cannot blame the fire, neither can he who goes into swift waters and drowns blame the waters. There are laws, the violation of which brings retribution in its train. They who by their own deeds bring pain and suffering upon themselves cannot blame Me for what ensues. These are the effects of the lesser laws which are easily understood, but above these is the Great Law which is not so incomprehensible. "

"Man has two ways of knowing Me. He can know Me through his own spiritual awakening or through the continued revelation of moral law and divine purpose by My inspired servants. To know Me through a spiritually awakened self is the way of certainty, but few can suffer its austerities and disciplines".

"When the spirit of man is unawakened he cannot know the great self within him, of which he is a part. Not knowing his true nature and unable to see clearly, he is blinded by material delusions. Would not the creatures of the night, which never see the sun, deem the moon to be the most brilliant light in the sky above? So it is with the man walking in the darkness of spiritual unconsciousness. He says, "I am the body and the body is my whole being", and in the delusion of that belief he becomes ensnared in an existence bound to matter. Like the creatures bound to an existence in the night, which cannot know the glories of things flourishing in the brilliance of daylight, so it is with men bound to the darkness of spiritual ignorance".

Catholic reformation when?

Yeah

As in : No grand Architect , just a suffer-pit you need to escape from

God knew Job was fit for it, he's having his reward right now in Eternity. Even in this realm we're STILL talking about him and his life story.

this actually fits with the Kolbrin.

mfw. realised we've been lied to

inb4: Jobception,

But who created the demon Mara?

Man, created from earthly substance alone, could not know things not of Earth, nor could Spirit alone subdue him. Had man not been created, who would have known God's wisdom and power? As the Spirit fills the body of man, so does God fill His creation.

Therefore, it was that God saw something had to be which joined Earth and Spirit and was both. In His wisdom and by the creative impulse which governs the Earth, He prepared a body for man, for the body of man is wholly of Earth.

Behold, the great day came when the Spirit, which is God, was joined with the beast, which is Earth. Then Earth writhed in the labour of travail. Her mountains rocked back and forth and her seas heaved up and down. Earth groaned in her lands and shrieked in her winds. She cried in the rivers and wept in her storms.

So man was born, born of upheaval and strife. He came wretchedly and tumultuously, the offspring of a distraught Earth. All was in discord, snow fell in the hot wastelands, ice covered the fertile plains, the forests became seas. Where once it was hot, now it was cold and where no rain had ever fallen, now there were floods.

So man came forth, man the child of calamity, man the inheritor of creative struggle, man the battleground of extremes.

whos mara?

like gnostic demiurge? or stan the halfman?

>>Blond hair blue eyed middle eastern jew cult

This meme has got to stop.

Amen, my Brothers in Christ, amen.
To God be the glory forever and ever.

Philosophy

btfo

Amen

>people committing the same sins they accuse others of
uh, did i accuse you of committing a sin?
>pretty sure falsely accusing your brother is one, though
>look in a mirror before you throw stones

so you are a christian?

No it isn't. Jesus is the Way, Truth and Life, but Commandment #4 inspires White Christian Nationalism. Plus, I know no one else to trains my hand and readies me for war than my Maker, who is my Husband (no homo, marriage between a man and woman is but a shadow of Jesus Christ the bridegroom forever unified with those who are given to Him by His Father.)

>the only threads I like are shitposting threads
Then maybe you should fuck off. You newfags are unwanted.

>Christian threads are shitposting and new
Archlight. Archlight. The baby has dropsy. Repeat. The baby has dropsy.

Regardless of what one believes, even nonbelievers prefer to live in a society in which people have Church values.

They really dont know what they have, then muzzies move in and they suddenly get "a new job 500 miles away"

>Ya'll dont be intolerant now, ya'hear

The Gospel youve never heard

youtube.com/watch?v=bpl8lquYpXA

I would've killed OP if I was hesoos.
Good thing I'm not. :^)