/hhg/ - Hurricane Harvey General - We're All Gonna Die Edition

PREVIOUS: NEWS:

>Hurricane Harvey expected to bring 'devastating and life-threatening flooding' to Texas coast
nola.com/hurricane/index.ssf/2017/08/hurricane_harvey_texas_coast.html

>Hurricane Harvey Intensifies as It Roars Toward Texas
nbcnews.com/news/us-news/hurricane-harvey-intensifies-it-roars-toward-texas-n795596

>Hurricane Harvey likely to boost gas prices for drivers
kbtx.com/content/news/Hurricane-Harvey-likely-to-boost-gas-prices-for-drivers-441694773.html

>Local agencies prepare for Hurricane Harvey
texomashomepage.com/news/local-news/local-agencies-prepare-for-hurricane-harvey/797666446

BE PREPARED:
nhc.noaa.gov/prepare/ready.php

THREAD THEME:
youtube.com/watch?v=xIGp6N19Vrw

PASTEBIN:
gist.github.com/anonymous/f173e479fe2bbac70eaa1887a15a2342

Other urls found in this thread:

spaghettimodels.com/
ksat.com/weather/hurricane/san-antonio-officially-under-disaster-declaration?cid=facebook_KSAT_12_&_KSAT.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The next few days are going to be extra comfy

thank god finally the cajuns are going to be spared one hurricane. we're tired of this shit man.
that is, if it does turn out everything east of beaumont is going to be fine.

Fake news. Hurricanes don't exist.

UPDATE UPDATE: Harvey is now a CAT 2 hurricane, as of midnight of Friday

RECYCLE
GO HERE FIRST

live streams for kek

is wimberley fucked?

Kek you're all a bunch of soft cocks. Cat 2 is just a bit breeze m8s

Hurricane makes landfall
storm was cover for kaiju invasion
weebs on suicide watch

Galveston user here. Hopefully we don't get as much flooding here as it did back in '08,

man i thought y'all were saying it was cat 3 gonna be a cat 5
y'all some busta's

the only damn thing I care about your city is Marios on the seawall. everything else can be destroyed but not glorious place.

OK NEW RULE, before making the next thread, you have to announce you're about to do so in the previous one. If two people make that announcement, whichever reply is on top/has the lower number, ONLY that person gets to make a new thread.

The problem is that it's going to squat there for a few days.

>texas

Good fucking riddance

lol jelly scum

>Texas will still be the best place on Earth while your bones shine in the moonlight

The Alamo is in Texas.

Cat 3 is literally nothing. As a child we played in every hurricane that passed over us and I slept through a handful others. Cat 5 is the only thing worth mentioning and even then you need to be near the eyewall. Tornadoes are far scarier imo. Fucking fake news.

Hou Here

Goodbye Corpus

this better not be true. i dont want to miss out on streaming the mayweather vs mcgregor fight

Rural and suburban retards who doubt global warming and voted Drumpf are going to be flooded. Super high iq city people who voted Hillary and wanted to fight global warming will be fine.

Please be true.

oh yeah, so voting for hillary would have prevented this. well we really fucked up

>doesn't know how many niggers and wetbacks live in south texas

Spaghetti. Still a chance eye comes out back over the gulf and hits us.

wtf is this shit? why is it making a b-line for us???

So the hurricane is weaker now? Just what I fucking thought. This shit happens every single time. You faggots overreact for everything

someone please post links on where to monitor the hurricane. i wanna know windspeed and trajectory. i'm hunkering in.

>fight global warming
>by yelling at people for being conservative
That's all you faggots do. You don't do shit to prevent global warming (impossible).

MRW

Consider it a blessing if true.

wait

I thought it got stronger?

mfw i dont live on Texas coast

I know, still folks trying to recover from August. Per channel 10 " After landfall there is high uncertainty what happens as Harvey is expected to stall out. As of this time, a flooding threat is still the primarily concern for Acadiana next week but we could see regeneration of Harvey as well."

Floridafag here. I'm jealous of you Texans, I want a real hurricane to hit here.

mfw dumb niggers actually believe this shit

Where you at? I'm south of Lafayette I expect store shelves to be empty by tomorrow night.
spaghettimodels.com/

>mfw shit does go down
>water flooding up to the attic
>last thought before about to drown is that smug squid pirate bastard

East of Beaumont in the Nederland/Port Arthur area.

This is next Katrina guys. 105 now for Harvey. The idea of a major storm just stalling on the coast is like not good.

this is obviously the work of the Russians trying to wipe out all the democrat voters near the Texas border

>spaghetti

It's hard to top Katrina. Nawlins was below sea level.

Drown them all harvey!

>have always wanted to experience a real hurricane
>Houston is only going to get hit pretty lightly by just the outskirt of the storm

reeeee

>live in Houston
>work in the medical center
>have to ride out the storm at the hospital
I can already imagine the chaos.
I'll keep y'all updated from inside the hospital district as much as I can.

Lot of coon asses there. I grew up in orangefield.

Mayor Turner made an official statement dispensing with this fiction because he was worried his constituents were going to panic and flee back to Nawlins, kek.

Still is below see level as well as in Harvey's path, so...

its raining in corpus right now

I've heard they're now predicting it going more northwest instead of earlier when they said it would just stall on the coast

Rosenberg- sounds Jewish but credit unions in abundance.

Why didn't you get out earlier user? Corpus is right in the path and is already surrounded by water. Find a high building if you don't think your house will be high enough.

Over development of wetlands has fucked houston. Look it up.

i will be fine unless trees in my yard smash into my house

Not him, but they can't always pinpoint this shit. I remember when there was one hurricane on track to come right for Florida. Many people evacuated to Georgia and the Carolinas only for it to turn and hit them directly instead while we barely saw anything in Florida. Really gotta go far to guarantee it. I honestly just stay put through hurricanes, not in a flood zone though. I'd probably get the fuck out if a 5 was coming though.

Gay trees.

Oh FUCK!

youre actually going to work are you fucking crazy

you makin me paranoid bro. ill have to place my collection in the attic in the morning

>being scared of a hurricane

I have to go. I actually don't mind that much. Better than just sitting around at home. Generators will kick in (hopefully) if the power goes out. Apparently during hurricane Ike, generators failed at many of the hospitals in the medical center. Many patients died. It was chaotic. They are better prepared now, so they say. I guess we will find out soon.

I keep my photo albums and my lock boxes with documents in empty ice chests. They keep out water and float.

We don't have these in Germany, are hurricanes/typhoons/whirlpools as scary as your media makes them seem like, America?

they can be very dangerous and you can die if you are a retard

nature is scary

San Antonio user here. How fucked am I in NorthWest SA? Or am I just in a sanctuary city for people who evacuate?

i remember ike. holy hell thats scary
well trees do fly thats for sure. my neighborhood had piles of branches everywhere, some of them broke windows. the strong wind makes your door shake violently. so all night it sounds as if someone is trying to break into your home. your home can get flooded. windows can break and the glass flying can blind you. if things get really bad the whole family sleep in the bathroom since it has the smallest window or doesnt have one at all. then theres cattle drowning. venomous snakes swimming. worst of all cars getting destroyed.

Check the latest Euro.....DOOM

Shout out to the Nederland!

Shit, phone posted

You can ride them out if you're prepared. Most houses in flood zones in my area look like pic. While safe from flood waters I wouldn't ride a cat 5 out in one with the wind. You have to have at least 3 days of food and water supplies etc. rural areas people are prepared big cities are full of retards and niggers so a lot die.

So is Harvey still on this path and a Cat 2 now?

The weaker ones, which are the vast majority, are just memes. Big ones will annihilate large swaths of land

good, good, this will help burgerland die faster when the burgers defaults in 30 days because TRUMP refuse to sign anything made by his eneries and his enermies refuse to sign the WALL

good idea i have some coolers in the garage. gonna place my vidya and cards there

Hurricanes are probably the single most dangerous weather event. They are like turbines made of the air itself, and they carry enough energy to equal the entire world's nuclear arsenals put together.

ksat.com/weather/hurricane/san-antonio-officially-under-disaster-declaration?cid=facebook_KSAT_12_&_KSAT.com

We ded

Corpusfag here, no preparation for this baby hurricane

When's this thing supposed to make land fall

>100+mile hour winds throwing debris at your house
>strong chance of flooding in many areas
no we're exaggerating. thousands of people don't really die during these types of things, that's only for show.

tomorrow night

2-8 pm

WTNT64 KNHC 250651
TCUAT4

Hurricane Harvey Tropical Cyclone Update
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL AL092017
200 AM CDT Fri Aug 25 2017

...2 AM CDT POSITION ESTIMATE...

SUMMARY OF 200 AM CDT...0700 UTC...INFORMATION
----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...25.8N 95.2W
ABOUT 195 MI...315 KM SE OF CORPUS CHRISTI TEXAS
ABOUT 195 MI...315 KM SSE OF PORT OCONNOR TEXAS
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...105 MPH...165 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...NW OR 315 DEGREES AT 10 MPH...17 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...967 MB...28.56 INCHES

Noice.. fookin noice

Shit. I hope everyone who didn't evacuate stays safe

Magnolia here (Far northwest Houston). 80 miles from the coast in the piney woods. I say bring it on.
>mfw Harvey goes back in the gulf, re-forms into a Cat 5 and fucks New Orleans

Nw SA here too,stay comfy friend

Wasn't Harvey estomated to be a cat 3 at this point? If that's the case, does this mean it won't last long?

I live in Lake jackson and I'm already pissed this bitch-ass storm. I prepped everything just right and then my fucking central AC blew up today. The lights are still on, but I get a week of Power Outage Simulator 2017: Swamp Sauna Edition before I can get someone out to look at it.

>mfw this is all trumps fault as N`Orlens gets bathed

Yeah, kid you high.