/hhg/ Hurricane Harvey General SOON TO BE CAT 3 EDITION

NEWS:

>HARVEY UPGRADED TO CATEGORY 2
mobile.twitter.com/NWSCorpus/status/900946483322671105
>Hurricane Harvey expected to bring 'devastating and life-threatening flooding' to Texas coast
nola.com/hurricane/index.ssf/2017/08/hurricane_harvey_texas_coast.html

>Hurricane Harvey Intensifies as It Roars Toward Texas
nbcnews.com/news/us-news/hurricane-harvey-intensifies-it-roars-toward-texas-n795596

>Hurricane Harvey likely to boost gas prices for drivers
kbtx.com/content/news/Hurricane-Harvey-likely-to-boost-gas-prices-for-drivers-441694773.html

>Local agencies prepare for Hurricane Harvey
texomashomepage.com/news/local-news/local-agencies-prepare-for-hurricane-harvey/797666446

BE PREPARED:
nhc.noaa.gov/prepare/ready.php

THREAD THEME:
youtube.com/watch?v=xIGp6N19Vrw [Open]

PASTEBIN:
gist.github.com/anonymous/f173e479fe2bbac70eaa1887a15a2342

Other urls found in this thread:

click2houston.com/news/harris-county-judge-emmett-says-ignore-rumors-about-hurricane-harvey_
rammb.cira.colostate.edu/ramsdis/online/goes-west_goes-east.asp#Full
youtu.be/hXn9ZKPx6CY
youtube.com/watch?v=SOSDPhXrXgs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

click2houston.com/news/harris-county-judge-emmett-says-ignore-rumors-about-hurricane-harvey_ calm down goys

only cucks evacuate

bastrop county reporting for duty

kek texas bros going to get btfod

Tfw live 40 miles outside of Houston in a floodplain, Looks like my house is gonna flood again.

>JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP

I'm in Austin. This is starting to not be funny anymore.
JK I want this thing to be worse than Katrina, blood for the blood god!

THREADLY REMINDER TO STAY THE FUCK OUT OF THE WOODLANDS

Harvey will shatter the Katrina and Sandy totals. And I wish I wasn't this confident.

Yo 321-fag here, I remember that whore Fay and canoeing down the streets.

I hope a couple of you anons are gone by tomorrow .

Any special areas that are especially vulnerable when it comes to material damage?

is it just me that the catalog won't refresh??

Corpus user here, send you luck my way anons

Bump

This thing looks like it's already there, and this was hours ago

gl buddy maybe the storm will help purge some filth

If you are staying in the region please post some sort of proof so we can know if you make it.

Is there an updated gif of the hurricane? Haven't been here since 8 hours ago

Will try to post videos and pictures when it hits user

Just an autist with a degree in math & stats, a borderline obsessive fascination with meteorology since I was like 9 (mainly focused on severe and tropical weather), and way too much free time

rammb.cira.colostate.edu/ramsdis/online/goes-west_goes-east.asp#Full Disk

Stay safe Texas bros. I'm from Corpus and my Dad's side of the family still lives there. They've all evacuated already except for my retard uncle and cousin.

Corpus is a beautiful city, I hope it doesn't get torn up too bad.

Saw 954mb listed about 20 mins ago, no source though

It's all fun and games Until you're staring down the barrel of a century flood event where you stand to loose everything. Ah that's right, I'm on Sup Forums. But seriously you fuckers, I'm on SAR response in Houston, don't make me leave my house to save your ass because you decided to irl meme during a catastrophe. We got our initial assignments and briefings tonight, and they anticipate Harris county to be 98% without power for up to 2 weeks, and all bayous to top out by Sunday night. Flood levels could reach 5 feet plus downtown and worse in some areas (looking at you, Montrose) if the storm stalls into next week. The city is literally scrambling at this point to harden infrastructure and clear drains. It was put to me in the terms "historic" "catastrophic" and "without precedent"

So if you need to get out, get out. If you havent already stocked a week of supplies...get that shit today or get out. If you can't live without AC for a week, get out... But once it kicks off stay the fuck off the roads so I don't have to pull your retarded ass off the roof of your car.

Corpus will get the worst winds, 15+ foot surge, and 50 inches of rain. It is Atlantis now.

Do they next to The Labonte's?

speaking of this
anyone know a good way to take videos in webm on a phone?

>Flood levels could reach 5 feet plus downtown and worse in some areas

Wew

\lock n load

Heard anything about Austin/San Antonio? I have found it difficult to judge what I'm going to see up here

Port O'Connor reporting in.
Light rain and thunder

My dad actually does know Bobby through some charity events they've done. My dad's a military lifer who works on the base there in South Padre.

Not my AO, unfortunately. Best I can tell some major flooding but nothing near as bad as the coast. I'd still prep for the worst

Nigger leave right now. You're in the path of the worst rainfall.

For that you are going to have to talk to the locals.

One shitty place to be. It's flat as a pancake there.

>Flood levels could reach 5 feet plus downtown
MANLETS BTFO

If you're not a larping little fuck,
fuck.

Looks like I'll have to up my supplies.
Due to the nature of my job, I'm going to be stuck in Houston for the duration of the flooding, but I'm no first, second, third, or any responder. My locale has a backup power generator, but it powers a large property, so I don't know how long it'll last.

Should I try to move my barely functioning car to a multi story mall parking lot?

light rain in corpus also

Will the Katrina refugees get moved on now?

It's like right across the street?

God speed, ya'll are the true heroes user

What neighborhood?

Also note our briefings are based on anticipated worst case scenario. As for supplies, 7 days food and water for each family member or gtfo. After a week even in the worst case possible, you'll have red cross supplies being delivered locally

>Hurricane Harvey passes over hundreds of Texas-sized ammunition stockpiles
>The hurricane starts flinging bullets everywhere as it progresses inland
>Texans return fire due to instinct and a feedback loop is created
>Texas engages in a two-week-long war against the hurricane until it retreats back into the gulf

if youre gonna do it you better do it now otherwise its not worth it

Fake news. Hurricanes don't exist.

Was nice and busy yesterday

3rd story and above would be ideal

On memorial, near the park.

I won't be alone. There'll be two of us, if he makes it, and we're semi-versed in not being complete idiots.

Houston here. This shit was all over the news, and they were in full damage control. They even rolled out some local judge on the news to say it wasn't true. I didn't think it was real until I saw his vibe as he tried to wave it off as bullshit. Then I started to wonder.

F

youtu.be/hXn9ZKPx6CY

Nice, my shit will get fucked up around 2am on Saturday.

corpus christa is mostly shitskins, kek bless us with damaging winds and death.

You're not going to be driving anywhere because memorial is gonna be a freaking river, but if youre in one of the midrises you'll be fine. Your problem is that area could be isolated from road traffic for a long while depending on how far west you are.

But yea, up your supplies for sure, and thanks for not being an idiot.

Harvey is beasting right now

calm before the storm right now.

Tropical Storm force winds should hit the Texas coastline around 2 PM Central. Landfall around 10-11 PM. There will be plenty of streams to enjoy.

What happened to it being a CAT 4?

Should start taking a sharp turn west pretty quickly

TY for pic, on closer inspection there is actually a decent shot that Corpus Christ might not get completely obliterated.

I'm expecting to set up camp for at least a week. Getting home is a trip 30 miles south over I-45, so I don't think I'll be back here until at least tuesday/wednesday.

If things get really bad, I'm not super worried about food or water, as there's plenty of supplies on-site. The real issue for me is crime.

Have they briefed yall at all about crime in the area?

>“It creates uncertainty among the public and the public needs to know who they trust and who’s giving correct information. And we all try to coordinate very well and if suddenly people start getting their news off social media, then that runs counter to what we’re trying to say and it creates a dangerous situation," Emmett said.

OY VEY
Y

Recon making its second pass towards the center here in the next 15-20 minutes from the SE, should get a really good reading.

He's still struggling to complete the eyewall cycle though. Once he completes it expect another uptick in strength.

To be frank... Outside of some parts of 3rd ward and the entirety of 5th ward, they don't expect much crime at all. That being said that's HPD and I dont fall under them... My experience is that unless youre already in a high crime area, which youre not, you'll be fine.

Just be smart, stay inside, dont advertise your supplies, and don't open the door for anyone you dont know...

It went from a tropical storm to a strong Cat 2 in a single day, it's now bordering on Cat 3 and still has an entire day till landfall.

noticed that, but there's a good shot CC escapes the worst of it looking at the forecast track trends

>and don't open the door for anyone you dont know
Well, that is technically my job.
Thanks user.

If I have internet connection, people can expect to hear from me during the storm. I won't have much else to do.

A true follower

shadilay

Hurricanes for me are maximum comfy, I remember following hurricane Katrina on Jeff Masters blog on wunderground. I have rum and a command centre set up ready to go. God speed steers and queers.

Door guy? Damn son, residental or commercial?

It is. Too bad we are only getting silly storms over here britbro.

"Both"

Haha, well good luck keeping the residents happy. Prepare for them to suddenly forget that hurricanes are inconvenient.

But seriously, good luck. Youre outside my AO (yay downtown/east end) otherwise id come by and demand hard candies.

Sup Forums natural disaster threads is the most comfy you can get on the internet.

Anyone need a place to stay inland?

I can probably manage something for you if you're a fellow texan and not a dirty commiefornian migrant worker.

lol
Thanks bud.
And good luck out there. If there's one thing I know, it's that the commonfolk of Houston are fucking idiots.

Also where can I sign up to help out during disaster ops?

I can fly a helicopter, operate a crane, and drive a rig.

Oh and pro-tip for houston people... If you want to write off your car, the parkinglot of the spaghetti warehouse downtown is going to guarenteed be under 6 feet of water... You really shouldnt park there...

I am mostly here for happenings. Sup Forums is the best source for things as they are happening.

it's up there in comfy levels, that's for sure. i think k innawoods threads have them beat though.

Most county sheriffs departments have an all volunteer SAR component. Call your local.

Note that its expensive and you still need to get all the certs even though you're working for free.

What do we think the death count will be? What are we hoping for?

havent really seen many innawoods threads on /k/ lately

Tfw so many dead illegals.

Under 100

Shits getting real down here

Thanks bruh

Multiple 950mb readings in multiple quadrants:

Good luck Texbros

t. Chicagoan

Am I gonna die?

This thing is gonna go apeshit in 3 hours 5 tops.

Cat 3 imminent

Biblical
pic related, that's all mostly flat floodplains

I work in Montrose. I'm off Sunday and Monday so after Saturday I don't care if it gets wiped off of the map.

stream from Port Aransas, surge starting to roll in

youtube.com/watch?v=SOSDPhXrXgs

Which bar? Lol