Death of Deadpool 2 stunt woman Joi 'SJ' Harris was a 'freak, low-speed accident'

The death of Deadpool 2 stunt woman Joi 'SJ' Harris was a freak, low-speed accident according to a new report.

Details of an investigation report by WorkSafeBC were released by Deadline on Friday as it suggests that the stunt may not have been that difficult.

“In the maneuver, which was never more than 15 kilometers per hour – [a little less than] 10 miles an hour – she rode on a flat surface through two open doors and then turned left and went out of camera range,” a source close to the production said. “Her exit was a safety ramp to a big platform where the bike was supposed to stop, but she overshot the platform, hit a curb, and was thrown from the bike through a glass window.”

Harris was an experienced motorcycle rider, but this was her first movie stunt. The source said rumors that she was not qualified for the job, and was hired only because she was black and was doubling for an actress of mixed race, are untrue. “To say an unqualified person was put in this position is absolutely untrue,” the source said. “She was the best candidate for the job.”

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iHePxxS0K7o
youtube.com/watch?v=8lCKeDl0l9c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

“It absolutely could have been prevented,” the source said. “Joi was totally unqualified and never should have been there or put in that position . . . Joi had never been in a film or done any sort of stunt. She was just a girl from Brooklyn who liked to road race—which was not remotely similar to what was required for the shots. She didn’t have the experience or skills for the job they brought her in for.”

And nothing of value was lost

>supposed to be going 10 miles an hour
>overshot her stop
>launched from bike

Deadpool was a fucking stupid and unfunny movie.

Just how fast was this low speed accident?
Bet you she was going 100miles an hour or faster.

>She was the best candidate for the job

ooohaa ohaa ohaa ohoohoha oha bix nood me we wuz action heroes vroom vroom screen bang niiiiggggggaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

user. Don't forget the nice glass window she broke

>not the guy who owns the bike.

I wonder why blacks who were supposed to be superior at sports are so unqualified when it comes to sports that use any kind of machines.

Must be DEM RASIS MOTORBIKES AN SHIEET
also

>There are so few black stunt performers and >other stunt performers of color that white stunt >performers routinely don blackface in order to >portray black actors while shooting stunt >scenes. The practice is called “painting down,” >and the subterfuge extends not only to race >and ethnicity but also to gender

WTF I love Deadpool now.

At least now we know it's not all CGI.

dont be a fool user the white devil is killing black people for their magical melanin. they rigged the motorcycle to fail so she would die so some celebrities could get some cheap fresh melanin to power interdimensional space ships and invade shambhala

10/10

>In the maneuver, which was never more than 15 kilometers per hour – [a little less than] 10 miles an hour
How can you even die from that? That's about as fast as an average bicyle.

Just how can you be the best candidate for a stunt and dead at the same time? The cognitive dissonance in these people is amazing.

Maybe it was Deadpool, he likes to kill for fun.

Yeah I saw you spam this shit the other day too and I still have no fucking clue who that is or why I should give a fuck

>I wonder why blacks who were supposed to be superior at sports are so unqualified when it comes to sports that use any kind of machines.

Motorcycling doesn't take much strength, it's mostly technique.

Looks like she was a road racer, pic of her is on a zx10r with the usual road race set up.

I race, but I can't do stunts. Sounds like she was the same deal and was out of her element a bit.

I am trying to think how the ability to drive a motorcycle is not more than enough skills when the job is driving a motorcycle at 10km/h down a flat road.

It sort of sounds like I am not evne overqualified for that shot, and I have never ridden one in my life.

Deadpool was on of the better suprehero movies, but they are all rather subpar.

... why didnt she brake?

So what repercussions will there be for this?

I have always wondered if they keep the shots where things go horribly wrong when that happens. Like, did they use any footage from when they killed Brandon Lee, since they did kill him in the way he was supposed to be fake killed.

Agreed. Pleb tier humor. I felt like I was back in middle school

>Hurr durr so zany and subversive! Its just a parody on superhero movies bro!

No it's not it's a fucking lowbrow meme made for children.

They used early CGI in that instance to put a "Brandon Lee" face on another actor.

There are a bunch of movies where actors died though like the decapitation of an actor and two children in the twilight zone movie.

nope, It wasn't me yesterday, but I saw this thread.
I repost it because it shows idiocity of pushing gender and race equality everywhere

basically this

Actually, this sounds like they just chucked a junior racer in the 300 cup on a ducati hyperstrada and told her to ride down the stairs.

That was always going to end well ($50 that was the first time she'd ever ridden a big bike).

Actually you may be 100% correct

>But her racing background may have hampered her when it came time to do stunts for the film, Palmisano explains. “She rode 300cc cycles. The one she crashed on was 900cc motorcycle—much bigger, more powerful.”

>Eye witnesses on the scene at the time of Harris’s crash noted that while doing the stunt, she suddenly began riding unusually fast, which is when she lost control of the bike and crashed into the Tower.

>nothing of value
It's not good to be dead inside. There's a lot of shit in the world that rightfully pisses us off, but responding to it that way isn't good for anyone.

She was a black woman trying to earn some money with a job

>tfw the only reason people now know I died due to my gross incompetence is because my family is going after gibs
Good on the studio for publishing what happened.

>Wants to make an impression
>Bolts through door
>Rev, rev, wheelie up ramp; ded.
Why this doesn't happen when they flood the interstates in packs is beyond me.

>I race, but I can't do stunts

This
I have raced a lot in the past but stunts are a different beast all together, which is why stunts and racing are two different sports

>she suddenly began riding unusually fast, which is when she lost control of the bike and crashed into the Tower

She panicked probably, I suppose driving 10mph can be stressful. Its not like humans were supposed to move THAT fast

>black woman trying to earn money
you have weird day dreams

Earn money to buy more crack.

But hey, whitey is keeping her down, she should have moved back to Africa with her in kind where she's safe from us.

Also sounds like she was understudying and learning the ropes and some producer overruled the stunt guys and sent her out on the bike.

That'll be why the stunt guys are pissed off, they said it would go bad, it did, and obviously the guy that didn't take their advice is looking at a negligence suit.

This is autism.

It's memeing a meme bro

Women are terrible at motorcycling. There is a reason why the male and female categories always have vastly different results.
Putting a rabbit in a tank doesn't make the rabbit a threat.

It's not a black thing this time. It's a woman thing.

>weird daydreams
I don't even know what you're trying to say. You have weird sentences.

>anyone got any crack???

This is the tricky part and the difference between being racially smart or a racist (the true kind of racist, not the "you didn't renounce your whiteness" SJW racist): until someone gives you a reason to treat them as a lesser person you show a little respect.

There is nothing to indicate she smokes crack, and LITERALLY the only reason you think she is sub-human or a SJW or anti-white racist is because she was black.

THIS is the shit that creeps normies the fuck out when it comes to conservatives and race.

I can run faster than 10 km an hour.

>autism
What is autism? I don't get it from a single comment

I saw a drunk romanian die after hitting his head on a lampost falling off a bicycle at about two mph. It can happen.

kek

Someone post the female motocross webms.

And I am not joking. I can run 21 km in 1 hour and 40 minutes.

I think a professional marathonist can do it half the time I do.

Recovering from a tankslapper requires massive upper body strength. Slow speed downhill while feathering front brake also requires huge strength to recover a fuck up without falling off.

Be carefull, you are living on the edge

Such speed is racict. It killed that neggres

>Women are terrible at motorcycling

Not universally, seen a few women that could ride fast, but they were exceptions to a rule I guess.

We don't have male/female categories here, so women race in capacity classes. There are a fair number in the 300s, but the more hp in the class, the fewer the female competitors.

However, because there are so few women racing, and brands are desperate to boost female participation, they make a big deal out of female competitors and that inflates their egos - so their self perception can sometimes be a bit out of whack. Looking through this chick's instagram, that seems to be the case.

>Humans proud about breaking 20mph.
>Domestic cats can hit 35mph.
JUST.

Holy fuck you're like the bottom of the vegemite barrel for your countries' shitposters. Get a new image for fuck sakes. Who spams the same image 4 times

HAHAHAHAH
Also
>un flag
HAHAHAHAH

>the only reason you think she is sub-human or a SJW or anti-white racist is because she was black

Well blacks are subhuman by default

Looks like she got you.

>The cognitive dissonance in these people is amazing.
It's almost at the level of the neurological disorder

>not all women
How many times do we have to specify majority/minority and the basics of averages?
As requested:
youtube.com/watch?v=iHePxxS0K7o

>How many times do we have to specify majority/minority and the basics of averages?

When your starting line is "Women are terrible at motorcycling" instead of "the average woman is terrible at motorcycling", you're going to find that you get these sorts of arguments.

The averages argument is a no brainer, but I have seen a few women about the place that had talent that put them on podiums (most people, in general, don't get there), so a universal argument just doesn't meet real world experience.

The average is implied, you autist.

You don't have to appease the retards. Look at what happens when you water down your lectures to appease the negroes. You degenerate your society and you bring yourself down to their level

Niggers are not intelligent.
Ummm achtually there are a few famous intelligent blacks.

>But their average IQ is 75
>NOT ALL BLACKS WREEEE

It's a bit of a pointless argument to keep hammering then, isn't it?

Not my argument. Don't nitpick and then get defensive when people ridicule you for falsely misunderstanding the point. You know what the point is.

Fuck off

Keked and checked.

Well done.

I'd imagine it's true in the sense that black female motorcycle stunt performers are essentially unicorns. She was literally the only option other than doing the stunt in a way that could either completely conceal the person on it, or just not doing it.

It's pretty laughable to call her qualified though, when she had so little experience even racing, got injured before she ever even went to her first official race, and then her next job was literally getting killed on the first take of her first stunt.

secret agent please.

>10 miles an hour
it sounds like one of those clips from "funniest home videos" where dad is riding his bike around the backyard and runs into the fence

>Not knowing the definition for retarded was reduced because of niggers.

Settle down.

You're an idiot if you think everyone who criticizes you is mad at you.

You are getting bent out of shape over a bizarrely pointless argument. Clearly you've got other problems going on that are unrelated.

I think that she was suppose to drive 10miles per hour but ended up driving 20-30 as she never rode a powerful bike before.

It clearly was a diversity hire almost as if one hired a gypsy that is used to illegaly driving a 50mph scooter and put him behind a 125mph cross bike

Also a glass window can kill even if you run into it at 5mph

And keep going getting gud.
>Signs/symptoms can be divided as follows:[6]
Movement
>Tremor
>Apraxia
>Dystonia
>Gait disorder
>Clumsiness
Emotional
>Difficulty in inhibiting emotions, anger, excitement.
>Depression.
>Difficulty in understanding others' points of view.
Behavioural
>Utilization behaviour
>Perseveration behaviour
>Social disinhibition
>Compulsive eating
Language signs
>Aphasia
>Expressive aphasia
As you see, it almost looks like an pre made syndrome. Most of these symptoms had been linked as long term effects of child abuse. Connect the dots and you will find an very interesting picture.

Once more. You're an idiot if you think because someone is replying to you with any negative sentiment that they are upset. You were corrected when you complained about nothing. Now you're complaining that people brought attention to it.

Many such cases!

Rough day at school?

The wails of a someone who acknowledges they lost a meaningless argument.

this woman wouldn't had to die if she hadn't been cast. DOMINO ISN'T A BLACK WOMAN, DOMINO IS A RACIALLY AMBIGUOUS MUTANT WHO HAS CHALK-WHITE SKIN AND A BLACK MARK COVERING ONE EYE SOCKET, SHE LITERALLY LOOKS LIKE A ONE-PIP DOMINO HENCE THE NAME

HOLLYWOOD NEEDS TO STOP FUCKING UP EASY CHARACTER DESIGNS, IT'S EMBARRASSING WHEN AMATEUR COSPLAYERS ARE OUTDOING HOLLYWOOD PROFESSIONALS!!!!!!

>an unqualified nigger died parking a park over a curb because diversity casters wanted an afro whore instead of this

Cmon its not like everybody sit on Sup Forums 24/7. I reposted thread I saw yesterday evening so more people can see it. Also put my OC.

>When your starting line is "Women are terrible at motorcycling" instead of "the average woman is terrible at motorcycling"
but women ARE terrible at motorcycling.

youtube.com/watch?v=8lCKeDl0l9c

Go on, it's an anonymous forum. You can say what's actually bothering you (I really doubt it's female success in motorcycle racing).

>Female success in motorcycle racing.
Why are you posting about mythological events?

>maybe if I reply in a smug way nobody will notice how I got shit on

You didn't shit on anything. You made a universal statement, you got a predictable 'not all x' response, and you got mad about it and went on about an implication you think should be drawn from a statement that didn't leave room for the implication.

I'm just teasing you a bit because I think you're just angry about something and lashing out at randoms on the internet.

I see why the accident happened now.
They should have posted her picture when it happened. I was concerned that an actual woman had died. Now I'm relieved.
Same relief you get when you receive an Amber Alert on your phone, and you're worried about something happening to a child, but then the description of the nigger father is reported and all that worry fades away.
Or when the news reports about children under 5 shooting themselves with a handgun and you see the names Jacquel and Tyrooonee, and you are instantly glad that they won't grow up to be hoodlums.

Nothing of value was lost...except the motorcycle.

You're retarded. When I said it wasn't my argument I meant it literally. I never took place in the argument. I only replied to you to ridicule you. Look at the IDs. Your argument just got shredded because you didn't take the time to read.

>not surveilling Sup Forums 20 hours a day with only 4 hours of sleep constantly hitting F5 hoping for the final happening

he is being a baby, I expect to be roasted over caring about the BLACKED miscasting, but I don't give a fuck because I'm Sup Forums and used to being shit on.

STOP ARGUING fellow burger, you're obviously unprepared for bantz down under

killed by diversity

if #OscarsSoWhite never happened Joi Harris would be alive today

>I never took place in the argument.

Does kind of pose the obvious question: why do you care, then? Just satisfy my curiosity, please. I've got an image in my head of some awkward experience or a bit of bullying that has left you a bit sulky. True/false?

>Joi "Social Justice" Harris

For the third time just because someone is making you feel bad feelings for saying incorrect things doesn't mean they care about you or the argument at all. You're behaving like you're being singled out and attacked for personal reasons; like you're the victim of some unjust crime and it absolutely baffles you why anyone would treat you in such an inhumane way.

It's genuinely pitiable. You must be a woman.