ACLU preparing to cave on First Amendment

F

>Faced with an angry backlash for defending white supremacists’ right to march in Charlottesville, the American Civil Liberties Union is confronting a feeling among some of its members that was once considered heresy: Maybe some speech isn’t worth defending.

>Cracks in the ACLU’s strict defense of the First Amendment no matter how offensive the speech opened from the moment a counter-protester was killed during the rally in Virginia. Some critics said the ACLU has blood on its hands for persuading a judge to let the Aug. 12 march go forward. An ACLU leader in Virginia resigned, tweeting, “What’s legal and what’s right are sometimes different."

>In The New York Times, K-Sue Park, a race studies fellow at the UCLA School of Law, argued that the ACLU’s defend-in-all-cases approach to the First Amendment “perpetuates a misguided theory that all radical views are equal,” adding that group is “standing on the wrong side of history.”

apnews.com/8eaa68a33ab84477a938b0d2490419e7/Violence-in-Charlottesville-leads-to-soul-searching-at-ACLU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zt1Jm3NpUuo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=U3A-lJQlrmk
userpages.umbc.edu/~korenman/wmst/programs.html
youtu.be/N_0eYcsgFGM
splcenter.org/hatewatch/2016/09/28/pepe-joins-echoes-new-hate-symbols
youtu.be/LKPMWPy9j7c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>we decide what people are allowed to think

They have a great technicality now. They're never going to act on behalf of "armed" protestors again, which means the minute one person at one rally has an object in their hand that group is no longer qualified for ACLU protection.

But don't worry, there's no potential for false flaggers to abuse that.

S. They were SJW cucks for a long time if not forever.

So beating people within an inch of their lives with my bare hands gets the green light?

>American Civil Liberties Union
>now with fewer civil liberties!

So if they're not really interested in the first amendment anymore, why do they even exist?

Can someone give me a quick redpill on the ACLU? On paper it looks like they exist to defend constitutional rights but I have seen numerous people equate them to subversive elements.

What is their deal?

Oh boy

This is how free speech dies

>a race studies fellow at the UCLA School of Law
>race studies fellow
Why do americans have fake careers like that? Don't you realize that's the reason all this shit is happening?
People with a career in gender studies RELY on sexism for income. People with a career in race studies RELY on racism for income.

I thought burgers were smart.

All they've been interested in for decades is protecting faggots and brown people.

> Some critics said the ACLU has blood on its hands for persuading a judge to let the Aug.
Oh my god a landwhale got killed to protect free speech !!!!
>Fucking blood of children and innocent is on the hand of all libtard for promoting illegal immigration
God y have thou forsaken us ?

>Can someone give me a quick redpill on the ACLU

Another communist subversive front formed out of (((B'nai B'rith))), the same kike's only freemasonry that brought you the (((ADL))) and (((SPLC))).

Jews and communists (this is being redundant of course).

Mark my words, if the speech is anti-white anti-family anti-Christian, anti-western civilization they will fiercely defend it.

On paper they're great but they do everything by subtle degrees, like how George W. Bush's wiretap was a crime against humanity that warranted immediate impeachment and imprisonment but Barack Obama's identical wiretap was a serious concern that warranted investigation and protest

People have also suspected for years that they intentionally spotlight groups like Westboro Baptist Church just to build up strawmen for libfags to wail on.

You'll be shocked to learn that their president, their director and about 75% of their board are Jewish

>“What’s legal and what’s right are sometimes different."

>Speeds off to defend pedophiles and abortions.

If you abort your baby it can't get molested

Challenge accepted.

The real irony is that the constitution is the only thing keeping us from cleaning house in a medieval manner. Otherwise its might makes right and we have the might.

So as I understand this they selectively defend the rights of subversive elements to change the present society into a society without these rights under the control of these elements.

Yeah you larping faggot that's why every confrontation is 20 Trump supporters against 20,000 antifa, because the right is so powerful

There's not going to be a civil war because you faggots will all be dead of oxycontin ODs in a decade

Jews did that not Americans

>not understanding the silent majority
Fuck off.

I would love to see the world through your delusional brain for a day.

>I thought burgers were smart
Why on Earth would you think that?

yeah after they fought to let those Illinois nazis terrorize holocaust survivors they're going to fold now, give me a fucking break

>>we decide what people are allowed to think
exactly, they're building a PC tyranny right before our eyes

Despite being outnumbered, the so-called "nazis" have defeated antifa whenever physical confrontations have occurred with them. No one except CNN and Mitt Romney think you're anything but a joke. You're trust fund kiddies LARPing as commie revolutionaries, but funny enough no one except the establishment supports you. And why would they? You guys literally throw your own feces and piss bottles at people. Lol, you're deluded.

>20 Trump supporters
they were antifa dressed up

Because shit has not hit the fan yet, right wing people typicallly have employment and families while left have fuck all to do other than protest.

When these things are under immenent threat, you'll see the right stand up.

youtube.com/watch?v=zt1Jm3NpUuo

It's astounding how one month after the supreme court 9-0 says hate speech is free speech, retards continue to spout "hate speech is not free speech". What is this? Pure retardation?

To sue white people who offend niggers and Jews.

Ah man I'm sitting here polishing my rifle just waiting til the day comes for me to kill you commie fucks.

careful bother, stay well within the bounds of law and compel no action unless your life is threatened or you have been deputized

these are tricky crooked people who wish to identify you

yes. Left totalitarianism

those hands are at the end of some arms

Trump supporters typically are working and not dumb enough to go to protests were psychotic unemployed drug addled unemployed welfare leaches are going to start riots and fights. I have absolutely nothing to gain from going to one of those. We are smarter and tougher than you.

Those crowds will stampeded when the first shots are fired.

Muh merits are working against me??

Thanks for the advice. But I am well aware. White is right, we need the moral authority. We lost it (kind of) for a couple of hours in Charlottesville and they are still beating us in the head with it 2 weeks later. Any defensive measures I take will be precisely that, in defense of this great nation.

A month from now people wont even remember. Once the gov shutdown over wall starts they will forget all about VA.

acljew is kill

You do realize we have six gorillion semites here right

Let the fire rise

m.youtube.com/watch?v=U3A-lJQlrmk

That US number is impossible.

Look up our population and do some quick napkin math and you'll see why.

Kek

>per capita
What? We have 150 million gender studies universities?

Why is slovenia not in there, our universities definitely have women's studies

I would assume the guy who made the map fucked up and meant "per 100,000" or "per million"

Nah, I'm wrong. Looks like it's PER COUNTRY, use of capita is a fucking idiot

userpages.umbc.edu/~korenman/wmst/programs.html

Seems to follow this map, 6 programs are listed for Austria, 2 for Mexico, etc.

The point that the US has more gender studies courses than the rest of the earth combined holds up, though

You are wrong.
>Not all radical thought is equal
Which clearly means that white radicals and right wing radicals are the only free speach that they are considering not defending.

The ACLU got infested with SJWs:

youtu.be/N_0eYcsgFGM

These pieces of shit got a century old institution to abandon a core American principle. Fuck em.

Just change their name to the American Social Justice Union.
Or assjew for short

Aren't they're the ones who branded that anti-Islamic Somali girl a hatemonger, but never said anything about the people who genitally mutilated her and countless other girls?

If they backtrack here they'll lose what credibility they have left. First amendment rights was one of the things you could consistently count on the ACLU for.
A shame. Despite their issues I always felt they were a net gain for freedom.

You might be thinking of the SPLC, America's premiere "everyone I don't like is Hitler" organization

splcenter.org/hatewatch/2016/09/28/pepe-joins-echoes-new-hate-symbols

At least the SPLC is bashing antifa on tv:

youtu.be/LKPMWPy9j7c

done

Go be a commie faggot somewhere else

(you) Looks good.

O'Sullivan's law

That's like some kind of entropy of the universe

>argued that the ACLU’s defend-in-all-cases approach to the First Amendment “perpetuates a misguided theory that all radical views are equal,” adding that group is “standing on the wrong side of history.”
ohhhh suddenly relativism is wrong what a shocker

Lol. What shitheads.

Because the Jews control the media and academia, which is what gives legitimacy to all these (((Critical Theorists)))

It's a not unfounded belief that (((their faction))) operates outside of and above the law

(you)d

B-but it's okay when the Liberals do it.