Preacher causes outrage amongst Christians for graphic Jesus sex scene

Preacher causes outrage amongst Christians for graphic Jesus sex scene

The head of the Catholic League called the scene an 'assault on the sensibilities of all Christians'

>The latest episode ofPreacher, currently on season 2, has received a (probably entirely expected) backlash.

>That's after the show included a graphic sex scene depicting Jesus Christ having sex with a woman on the night of The Last Supper; though they're shown in various positions only in silhouette, there's a lot of pretty descriptive talk about what they're doing.

>Season 2's second episode, "Dirty Little Secret", continues Jesse Custer (Dominic Cooper)'s search for God, as he crosses paths with the Grail, an organisation attempting to keep one giant secret from the world: that Jesus spent the night before his crucifixion getting a woman pregnant, and spawning an earthly bloodline.

>The episode also saw Custer meet Jesus' 25th great-grandson, Humperdido, who promptly responded by peeing all over his face,with the Grail's attempts to keep Jesus' bloodline pure having unfortunately resultedin severe inbreeding.

>“Depicting Jesus in a grotesque sex scene is an assault on the sensibilities of all Christians, as well as people of good will who are not Christians,” Catholic League president Bill Donohue said in a statement (viaFox News).

>"We have been treated to this kind of fare from some pay-per-view channels, but we are not accustomed to AMC getting into the mud. If this is a signal of what it aspires to become, we will rally Christians against it."

>An article on ultra-conservative websiteNewsBustersalso called the scene"embarrassingly crass" and "so, so, so wrong", while labelling its writers "depraved".

>A reaction that's mostlikely music to the ears ofPreacher's creative team, with co-producer Seth Rogen simply tweeting: "If this isn't a good endorsement of #Preacher, I don't know what is."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t8-x6mZSeUI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

godcucks btfo

If you don't watch the show or give it attention they won't do it again.

No, if Christians behaved like Muslims, they would never even think of doing it again. Because despite what the libtard politicians say terrorism does work, and the best proof ot it is that no one dares to even depict Muhammad in the mainstream media.

That's only because our media is run by kikes and before the 1980s no one cared about depicting muhammad

I thought the scene was quite blasphemous and in poor taste.
But I did laugh when the disciples knocked on the door and said they had to hurry up and meet Judas with the getaway donkeys.

Is that scene included in the comic book source material?

Look at show's creators, realize Sup Forums was right again.

>(((Seth Rogen)))

Cuckstianity-still the only religion safe to fuck with

kek that guy again

yeah nah, if this "head of the catholic league" doesn't call out the jews he shouldn't expect anything to change there

Degrading Jesus is also offensive to Muslims since they see him as a prophet, maybe we can get them to side with christians for this time?

Can you imagine the kvetching if the show insulted Judaism or the bombings if they insult the mudslimes?

"We will rally christians against it!"

How far do they have to go? You should have been rallying against it decades ago, you stupid cocksucker. Christianity is weak because most of it's leaders are weak.

>GOLDBERG
HAHAHAHA *cough* *cough* HAHAHHAA

much art
so provoke
very think

So I actually really liked the comic. I just can't bare to watch the show though, I saw part of the first episode where Tulip is quadroon and she made a rocket launcher out of a coffee can and gave up right then and there. Maybe they should just make Crossed instead.

No not really. The bloodline of Christ is and so is the retarded last decedent. The comic is actually pretty good.

>watch disgusting retard show on cable
>tell all your friends about the hot sex scene and then scream how it offends you but everyone has to look at it to see if they are also offended XDDD
>be a catholic and pedopriests are not doing anything wrong but jesus having sex because he was a raging faggot is somehow beyond the pale but the pedopriests say jesus is okay with the kids getting raped xXDDDDDD
>pooinloo flag
forgot to change your proxy eh

It's just a TV show, guys. Based on a comic book FFS. Also, the show is really good.

No it isn't.

t. Gode

> Catholic League president Bill Donohue
Much like the Syrian Observatory, the Catholic League is a one-man outfit. How Donohue has managed to get so much press through the years barfles me.

>co-producer Seth Rogen
Literally every single time.

Did anyone else like the comic?

>Grail's attempts to keep Jesus' bloodline pure having unfortunately resulted in severe inbreeding

really activates the almonds

This was just done in poor taste and meant to cause controversy.

Somehow, I don't think the leftist reaction to someone getting hypothetically killed over this would be the standard "well they deserved it for being bigoted" that we get whenever someone dares to depict Mahomet at all, let alone in such a way.

Over here, back in the 1970's, a poem was made describing a Roman soldier having sex with Jesus' corpse, including the crucifixion wounds, whilst thinking about all the orgies Jesus had with his disciples and others. We had blasphemy laws back then, so it got banned. Once those laws were repealed decades later, Sir Ian Mckellen proudy read it out in public.

No beheadings, no trucks of peace, nothing.

They clap themselves on the back, smirking to themselves for striking a blow against the God they hate with each and every fibre of their devil-worshipping being. They are, of course, cowards who will only ever strike those who they know will not respond with violence against them, and who actively surrender and kowtow to those who they know will make them a few inches shorter if they demonstrate their "bravery" with free spech to them.

Now here's one of the epitomes of our time, when people realize what original privilege was, this desperate attempt to somehow cling onto the very material nature of human being in futility symbolized by the value we place on...bloodline - but not the inherent universal spiritual truths of human being.

And you see this is exactly one of the things wrong with the human species in my opinion, one of the universal issues that are wrong with society today.

>currently on season 2
It was renewed? But it's terrible like everything else AMC has ever what out, I don't know how Ennis allowed it to be produced.

I may have to pirate this out of curiosity.
American Gods also had a very graphic gay sex scene but that was on Starz. It was praised by the critics.

Jesus was a one time show designed to elucidate an important universal lesson that all can achieve, and I find it in complete irony that society does place so much value on bloodline in contrast to truth that Jesus once taught.

Do they think that clinging to the past in that way, essentially worshipping the nature of man over the liberation of his spiritual being, will bring it back ? Lol. No, it must happen in all the people.

>No not really.
So that scene is (((their))) fault.

I saw the trailers and couldn't stand the retard they cast as Jesse. Tulip was just some extra NOPE.
>the show is really good
It's just standard AMC garbage, horribly tarnishing the good name of a modern classic.

Yeah, everyone did. It's universally acclaimed.
Just read the fucking comic, you illiterate retard.

it's nothing good, i kinda like the show but that scene was meh. as a christfag i didn't find it offensive, but then again i spend a good bit of time on Sup Forums

>make Crossed
Please no. The only people I would even half trust to adapt any of it would be HBO

>christians who worship a brown skinned kike are mad they are getting kiked by the media
hahahahaha

Honestly I don't understand why people get outraged at this. Aren't you supposed to forgive these silly jews if you're actually Christian? And besides, how is this offensive? They didn't burn a church or lynch a believer for his faith. This is no more offensive than someone saying "I don't believe in God" - if you don't go full crusade on his ass for being an atheist or a heathen (as Christianity prescribes), there's no reason to get any more offended when he starts practicing his godless faith. You gotta be consistent.

Wow. just wow. I knew I hated that show and the angle they were going for a few episodes in, and had to grit my teeth for some kind of payoff/redemption after this scene. NOPE. Based on seth's reaction, it's clear the great replacement is real and ongoing. fuck you seth. you cringey, unfunny faggot. LOL they hate us cause they aint us! DURR WEED BRO - JUST GIVE UP AND BE DEGENERATE LOL JESUS WAS JEWSIH, PISS ON CHRIST! you jews are evil and can only subvert or destroy things. I wish you were all dead

I dont see the issue with Jesus getting some

JEWS

I totally agree that a blasphemous depiction of Jesus and his teachings is so very wrong. I won't watch this show because I recognize Seth Rogans hatred toward Christianity. But I gotta say, with all the child rape and gay sex orgies that the Catholic Church seems to condone, it is mighty hypocritical of them to point out the fictionalized depravity of others. The reason shows like this are possible is due to the failings of religious leaders and Christians as a whole. If Christians were to actually follow Jesus's teachings and examples, and in effect, actually behave as Christians, the hatred toward Christianity would never have come to this point. Christians won't watch this show. They wouldn't be able to stomach it. But the producers of the show are granted free will by the very creator that they venture to condemn. They will be judged by the judge because there is no jury in the courtroom of eternity. Popular culture, and every aspect that it conveys are geared toward the depravity of this world. A real Bible believing Christian is simply in this world, and not of this world. That being the case, do not provide attention to obscenities that many would not have seen otherwise. Pray for the people that produce such obscenities, and ignore them further. We can not change a fallen world, but we can shield our children and loved ones from it by not shining a spotlight on things should never be seen.

>Seth Rogen
top kek, Jews have been denigrating Jesus for centuries, going back to them saying he was the bastard spawn of a Roman soldier. Spiteful people.

I haven't seen the episode yet, but the pissing part sounds faithful. He was always pissing on people/things.

>youtube.com/watch?v=t8-x6mZSeUI
this is the scene op is taking about

>Creators: Seth Dozen, Evan Goldberg
>Writers:Sam Catlin, Sara Goodman, Craig Rosenberg

Thiy