Millennials constantly try to live outside their means, i.e. having $300 phones, buying coffee from Starbucks...

>millennials constantly try to live outside their means, i.e. having $300 phones, buying coffee from Starbucks, shopping at malls, drinking alcohol, etc.
>complain that they can't afford to live and that minimum wage needs to be raised

I see this kind of thing every day. Are millennials just retarded or what?

Other urls found in this thread:

zillow.com/homedetails/1-Cassell-St-Winston-Salem-NC-27127/5777259_zpid/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Minimum wage is going up here soon and prices will skyrocket.

Many Millennial women are brainwashed shopaholics that peddle their arses to the highest bidder to support their addiction.

If you can't afford a 300 dollar phone every 4 or 5 years you fail at life.

Hard to accept going from middle class to poor doing the same job as your parents senpai

People raised middle class dont get taught how to live poor

Try arguing with a millennial girl about how minimum wage increases increase unemployment rates and watch their heads explode. Some of them cannot comprehend such basic economics because they think because their parents paid for everything they live in a world without scarcity.

The real problem is credit culture and the lack of basic education in economics.

>2017
>expects me to live like a Flintstones
but on the other hand I don't want minimum wage raised, it only inxreases taxes and not my income since I don't work minimum

$200 phones are good enough these days

>Are millennials just retarded or what?
yes but it's not entirely their fault, I was raised to respect the words of the eldest in our family, they had time honored wisdom like if you married another poor person you were chastised for not needing any help being broke and the only thing worth borrowing money for was land

so I was unable to be brainwashed entirely by Spinoza style schooling

>Hard to accept going from middle class to poor doing the same job as your parents senpai

our parents had to adapt to an ever evolving work marketplace as well, when regular work was shit they sold drugs or informed on people

Min wage is meme the real issue is land

we need to look at this from a moral point of view, the work of Henry George has never been more relevant

Lol political cartoons are retarded. "They're fighting the wrong person." Yeah I couldn't fucking infer that from the picture.

>the real issue is land
don't forget the regulatory environment that land sits within

>Are millennials just retarded
Nah sounds like you are mate.

I'm 28 and I dont drink.

My phone is a prepaid that just does calls and texts. It doesn't even have a camera.

Or just any girl for that matter. Women don't think, they feel.
As far as they're concerned, good feelings that result from the prospect increased minimum wages will always outweigh the reality of having less purchasing power as a consequence of the higher minimum wage.
The only thing that seems to wake them up from this lunacy is having children.

Sage
>millennial
>drinking alcohol
Embrace the Qu'uran infidel

glad someone is paying attention

Android is shit

Yeah, this generation is totally the first in human history to want more money because they spend it on stupid shit.

mostly just retarded.
just walk outside and open your eyes, man.

ya gotta let a ho be a ho

Can confirm Millenials are fucking retarded
-Gen Z user

I agree. My hypothesis is that children FORCE them to accept the ultimate truth: Scarcity runs society. On a superficial level, they realize they can't feed their kids with "feelings".

kys faggot leaf

Please be merciful when your time comes
-Gen Y user

>no property rights
fuck off

There will be no mercy. Only vengeance.

Minimum wage isn't the problem it's taxes that are the problem when are you commie boomers going to figure that out

Is that your excuse?

>muh kulaks
Fuck off commie dwarf

Maybe if we learned something actually valuable in school instead of how many genders there are and the quadratic equation

The problem is they can't keep it for half a year.

Not enough discilpline.
A few months after my Papa passed in 2013 I got to work at a potato farm and money to me didn't mean anything, the most expensive thing I bought myself was the new PS4 and even to this day I save up as much money I can. I was 16 at the time.

I still have my S3 from 2012

more of an observation than an excuse
Why would you call someone advocating a market based system a commie? Do you know anything about Henry George or the land value tax?

>describing the average millennial American white girls who has the occasional token black or asian friend to tag along

>go to mall
>greenpeace faggot trying to get people to sign some bullshit save the earth petition
>see retarded women with bags full of useless crap signing

Currently on a OnePlus 3T, planning on keeping it as long as it lasts. Replacement will probably be cheaper, I don't feel much for flagships. Been there, done that.

>with a millennial girl about how minimum wa
I paid $20 for a smart phone and does everything I need it to

You're also an autist who takes care of your device (as do most of us here), a concept normies have no grasp of.

there is no shortage of cheap land in this country

I make 50k a year living in boston and I STILL can't afford to live anywhere NEAR the city. The problem isn't millenials, it's the rich boomers who are hoarding all the money

Honor 5x master race

>hoarding all the money
"hoarding money" does not cause inflation
Cheap money does

where do you get this money from? Do all of you have limitless credit cards or what?

Symptoms of a diseased society.

I wouldn't mind it if they were doing it in bullion for their retirement, but that's not what they're doing.
They're using the homes as bullion.
At their old age they'll never get a mortgage, so once they all start liquidating their house they'll find the market crashes.
Meanwhile everyone's using a currency of which the sheer creation represents debt, let alone the actual currency.

I hope I understand economics very poorly.

>Do all of you have limitless credit cards or what?
pretty much
also muh poverty is a meme unless you are a complete fuck up

Working and or getting allowance from Ma and Pa.

you dont need to build an average home in NY or LA

Capitalist consumerism education will lead to a bunch of twats going bankrupt.

So they can ask for more minimum wage money, just for the companies to have the perfect reason to replace people in the mantle of managing just to put some robots and pay less to less people.

?

It is retarded how millenials view money in the uk, as soon as they are paid they look to spend it.
I know dozens of people who take like 3 or 4 holidays abroad a year despite being on a shitty wage. They often have no savings whatsoever, I had to pay £600 today to get work done on my car, not a significant amount but enough that several of my friends in the similar circumstances would have to go to mommy and daddy to get the funds.

Yeah.

>Remember when Alistair Darling said VAT would be dropped from 17.5% to 15% (for a year) before being 20% ("for a year") to make up for the drop
>Everyone rejoices about how they'll kit their whole house out and have a month holiday in Barbados with what they save
>Tell them they'll be saving fuck all, but when it changes to 20% they'll notice a big difference
>Tell me I don't know what I'm talking about
>People spend money they don't have because saving £2.50 on a £100 item is a (((bargain)))
>People actually acting like they're in Wonderland
>"Temporary" change of 20% comes into play for 12 months (currently in our sixth year)
>Suddenly everyone is outraged about how much things cost
>4: You didn't listen

>Are millennials just retarded or what?
Some sort of "me generation" screwed the economy and now nobody can afford houses or cars.

speak for yourself

>0.46 acres
>$5,000

zillow.com/homedetails/1-Cassell-St-Winston-Salem-NC-27127/5777259_zpid/

The three largest expenses and thus the ones to most keep in mind are:
Housing
Transportation
Food
Nearly in that exact order. Meaning, those other expenses don't even come close to these.

Millennials are retarded for all the reasons you provided. They don't understand minimum wage doesn't actually ensure jobs, it just ensures that if they do get a job, they will be paid that minimum amount, they are hypocritical, and their only goal is to appear rich, or cool, or hip amongst their friends,ESPECIALLY 13-16 year old white girls

This was first sold in 1983 for 500 dollars and is now at $5,000

what added the value? Hint it has nothing to do with the owner or his labor

He was smart enough to buy in a growing area
Also inflation

$300 is almost nothing in the greater schemes of things.

Smartphones are pretty essential in the millenial life so it's not that wasteful.
The starbucks coffees, expensive bars and useless shopping stacking up are more of a problem.
This is probably cause millenials have given up on leaving the city environment they live in. If you won't escape, you might as well have more comfort while in it.

>$300 phones

Nigger, no basic bitch would be caught dead with a phone that cheap.

Kek

>tfw

With or without inflation?

$300 phone is paid over a series of multiple billing cycles, i.e. credit. Coffee an alcohol aren't really expensive per se. Why are you so triggered by someone having a coffee or a beer while on their phone contributing to the economy?

Inflation at 900% since 83? that sounds ridiculous.

The value increased because the state invested in the area with community tax dollars making those roads that hospital and the highway. But you think its okay for him skim that money off the top?

2014 dollars i think

>the state invested in the area with community tax dollars
like the property tax he has been paying

Same here. All sorts of people, muslims and women are constantly yapping on about their oh so glorious holiday or backpacking tour through some country, while complaining they can't afford to service their car.
Meanwhile I'm sitting on €15k for no reason other than living frugally, and spending big in short bursts to ensure I only have to spend it once on a product.
Conputers for instance, people buy macs and replace them year after year. They try flogging the old one off but a couple hundred duyten lost every year isn't ideal.
Meanwhile I spent $1,5k on computer components and built one myself, which is still going strong and does everything I want it to 5 years later. Arguably, another 5 years down the road too if I stick a new GPU in there.

I don't know what it is. Maybe because I wanted all the consoles when I was a kid and had to learn to budget, prioritise frugality and research all the products so I could choose wisely. Even went as far as checking the availability of modchips to see how many games could be downloaded and burned on discs.
That would be like researching all the airlines, all the aircraft and calculating for yourself which one is the best at any given price and time spent depending on the service and leg room.
I know nobody who does that. "Just buy all the things, there's more money next month!"

Such a waste.

Where are the jobs?

he hasnt built anything on that land so he hasnt been paying shit until recently look at the tax history

The system we have in place incentives this sort of unproductive activity. In an LVT system if this plot went unused it would be a net loss

>$300 phone
>essential communication, navigation and computing device that is good for 3+ years easily
>can be paid interest-free over two years if you want
>outside their means

how fucking poor are you?
employers want you to be able to answer email, calls, and text 24/7
tell someone that you don't have google maps and they look like you are crazy
I have a J3 Prime for $150, $300 is still nothing
no one shops at malls anymore except the handful of high-end ones in certain parts of the country

>retard fuck coworker married young
>government throws money at them to buy their house
>since they are married with kids they only get taxed like 10% + two income + other bonuses just because

>me, single
>taxed at 40%
>can barely afford rent + food
>can't get gf because poor
>Haha user we went to Dubai also here is my new mercedes, haha, how is life for young folk?

I fucking hate my country

mostly in the city though they aren't always that great.

Nice quads.

>In an LVT system
we already have property taxes
I would be fine with only have property taxes if it meant only property owners could vote

The phone isn't what costs it's the data plan, and most people subside on fourty dollar plans
You NEED a smartphone if you want to get a job because mostly everything that pays a fucking cent requires you to have constant info access
>Listing fucking food places
What?
This is like listing Sonic's drive through as a reason for how much money boomers make
>Malls
People don't go to malls anymore
They shop online
For cheaper and better
It isn't the 90's anymore
>Minimum wage needs to be raised
Okay, that in itself is stupid, I agree
Don't expect to raise a family by working at McDonald's you dumbfuck you should have either wrapped up or shaped up your life to not have needed McDonald's as your main source of pay later on in life
Don't start a family until you are CERTAIN you are financially stable
Don't fuck or be careful you fucking idiots
That's literally all
If you can't start a family DONT

i live outside my means because i don't care abou the future, i plan on killing myself once i'm done with my degree

>implying most boomers didn't live outside their means
>debt problem in America is totally a new thing for millenials
>what is OP?

Millennials want what boomers had, but boomers fucked the economy and society up so bad that Millennials can't have decent jobs, houses, or progress in society.

If you see a millennial with these things, it's usually largely due to family assistance.

It's the same here in the states. It's absolutely terrifying how many of my peers have no fucking savings. At times it appears that they're in a race to accumulate as much debt as possible and then hope that somehow they'll be saved by "debt forgiveness. "

And yet there are articles claiming millenials are destroying cable companies and buffalo wild wings.

They can't make up their minds on their own narrative.

You only need to drive the length of a baltic state to work, and spend a fortune on utilities and keeping the land clean or the government fines your ass

LVT would/should replace all other forms of taxation

I was raised middle class even though we were poor because my dad was old as fuck and retired and pension money is trash
Like 10 years ago he ran a tortilla business in Mexico and that was our main income
Had the IRS found out we'd be fucked as fuck
I mean come on
Unregistered, FOREIGN, food business with direct selling in a different country bringing over the money?
He'd be in jail
We weren't rich, we just budgeted alot
Which means unlike every other dumbass snarky
>MY DAD IS CONSTABTLY MOVING WAAH I HAVE TO LEAVE MY FRIENDS BEHIND BECAUSE WE KEEP RENTING HOUSES
faggot, I stayed in the same house all my life
Also helped we never payed for repairs of anything because the whole family was carpentry, plumbing, electrician, etc.
Except me
I'm a lawyer
Fuck the labor market, it's not profitable as it was in the 90's when my dad worked

>People don't go to malls anymore
Only 56% countries say this, because their malls are full of noga and muslims

Im 27 and I live well below my means. Saved up money to buy a house, saved up money to get married, save up money to make white children soon.
#notallmillenials

You're going to hell

i dont think you know what middle class means senpai and i really dont see how your personal experience relates at all to what i posted

but im glad you feel good about yourself and your hardwork

you fucks are worse

Ok but then would you be ok with only property owners voting?

I doubt that. I don't think there is a hell

the phones are the worst part
no fucking high schooler had a $80 payment every month and a $800 brand new device that is just a "oh whoopsie" when it gets smashed

Overseas, but remember, just give a firm handshake!