Lets end the stigma of mental illness!

When is this meme going to end? I'm sick of libs defending suicides and lecturing me about how there's no difference between a mental illness and lung cancer

They do the same thing about addiction. They want to wear down any distinction between what is good and what is bad, and erase responsibility for who you are and what you do.

end the stigma
trump is LITERALLY MENTALLY ILL

what a bunch of pussies

But chopping your dick off suggests an ideal mental constitution

If you are addicted you are a victim of your addiction, you wouldn't understand what that feels like. If you are a bigot then you're bad, you must be well acquainted with what that feels like

Well to be fair depression can happen from hormone imbalances which you cant control. However the libs to go a little overboard with this shit.

Tell me its a genuine illness and not a choice when faggots like lil peep stop being hugely successful through riding off muh glorified and tormented depression garbage

Mental midgets.

Depression is really bad though.
But that label gets thrown around way too much, both by shitty doctors wanting to earn money but also by retarded self-diagnosis.

Something i am mlre worried about are crybabies crying about "social anxiety" while still having friends, a relationship and a job.

Michael Lavaughn Robinson would be mad at this thread.

>depression

Real depression is very dangerous and hard to combat. Libs abusing it is what gave it a bad name lately.

>addiction

you've obviously never been addicted to something

t. victim of sexual abuse as a child and an ex-junkie. Feel free to ask

Depression may be bad, but it's not a disease.

It is a disorder. The problem is that Major Depressive Disorder and feeling the emotion of "depressed" aren't the same thing, and no one is explaining this to kids. And it's because the adults are idiots too and think they're the same thing. So they start giving half of the teens in the US SSRIs and other pills that they do NOT need. Then they act surprised when they don't work.

And liberals really are "culturally appropriating" mental illness. They want to be victims. But that's pretty fucked up because there are people with actual disorders who could use help but no one takes them seriously anymore because over the left over-diagnosing. And they have the nerve to complain about a stigma which they are responsible for. Of course no one takes mental illness seriously anymore! Because every one of you bastards claims to have PTSD and MDD!

as im dicking her we tpussy, ill keep telling her how stupid and worthless she is, hit her a few times, tell her how i am in antifa fuck u alt right LOL
btw im antifa and we DO hit women if they dont sout our dogma verbatim
bash the fashy

>Real depression is very dangerous and hard to combat. Libs abusing it is what gave it a bad name lately.
I'm not sure they're abusing it though.
The camp of people you're thinking about tends to be really fucking unhinged. You can't tell me there's not something wrong with a dyed-haired tumblr cunt neglecting her own life so she can go out and shriek about politics she hardly knows anything about (and indeed, I don't think either Antifa or any of those crazy cunts would be waving around hammer and sickle flags if they really knew anything about communist history).

They're irrationally wed to things and movements to the point of screaming tears, when their lives would be improved 900 times over just by waking up the next morning and forgetting about all of it.

Fucking this. I've worked with kids who are in their 20's, who have LITERALLY FRIENDS, who come home straight from work or school and then never leave their home until they have to, who have never even held a girl's hand much less dated one or kissed one or has sex.

But fucking millennial want to be "quirky" and claim to have social anxiety or be awkward. Yet they can never tell you how it has actually impacted their life.

Fuck. Meant to say literally NO friends. That changes the meaning a bit.

the stigma will never go away as long as liberals dominate the conversation
i don't like the whole victim narrative behind mental illness too
it makes people with problems they can't help look weak

I've got pretty bad OCD
like real OCD and it started when i was like 10
I do loads of weird shit all the time i don't really know why i do it but i'm completely functioning
i've never told anyone and i probably never will
i feel like if i ever tell anyone i'll expose my greatest weakness

The really funny part is that we know a sense of helplessness leads to depression. Classifying depression as a "disease not a choice" is basically trying to say that one is helpless to overcome depression on their own, which as is said, leads to depression and then weak faggots kill themselves.

I'd wager "raising awareness" of mental illness has caused much more mental illness than it has ever stopped.

>victim of addiction
Your language betrays the weak fag that you are. Your chosen flag is especially problematic. It means both sides of normies are weak fags like you.

If it starts getting worse, you should seek help. Because it can escalate very very quickly if multiple serious life stressors occur at once. But if it's minor enough that you're able to hide it I guess it's up to you if you want to do anything about it.

But remember, if anyone one tries to treat you without the use of CBT/ERP, then they're a hack who's either trying to get money from pharmaceutical companies or is too invested in unproven therapies. That's not to say things like mindfulness meditation wouldn't help in addition, but it's not a treatment.

I guarantee the majority of people suffering "depression" are actually facing cognitive dissonance regarding something and have never actually been tested

hmm i really wouldn't want to take drugs anyway i'll have to tell someone if i start to lose my mind ahaha thanks man

Mental health seems to be the latest fad, just like how autism was years back and wearing non-prescription glasses a couple years ago. To an extent I do agree that some awareness needs to be made about mental health, but real actual diagnosed mental health not shit like "oh i go no one to hang with tonight...im so depressed XD" Those sorts of cunts piss me off to no end because if they suffered with severe depression themselves I'm sure they wouldn't think it so cool or trendy.

I wouldn't say depression is a disease but for those who have it worst I'm sure it feels like it is. It feels more like a leech that's sucking all the energy out of you leaving you a tired husk who finds the most basic of tasks taxing.

I have schizophrenia and it does indeed suck and people treat you like dirt because they're scared of you. Part of my family disowned me because they're afraid of me (because they heard about schizo killers on the news, even though I'm completely non-violent)

I have chronic depression. I force myself to the gym five days a week. thats the only thing that helps. rest of the time its work and laying in bed.

I hate self pity articles though, more push ups.

>degree failed
>career ended
>vehicles sold out of necessity
>apartment lost
>body wrecked by poor stewardship
>relationships with friends absent
>relationships with family either extremely strained, or totally irredeemable.
>months of time spent totally housebound
>benzodiazepine dependency

>t. agoraphobe

Cost me nearly everything, I'm only just starting to take back my life. I still blame only myself for letting it getting this bad in the first place, but it has also taught me the importance of struggle. Sometimes a man has to go through hell to find the dragon he needs to kill.

But depression isnt even a choice though. It's caused by many factors most often due to loneliness, isolation, feelings of hopelessness and emasculation.

I thought depression and anxiety are memes before I fell for it. Its really not. Until now I cant really determine a cause but everything that was important for me got irrelevant and I just basically wanted to survive the state I was in. Also got some really nasty additional symptoms that are common for generalized anxiety like DpDr disorder.

People just have to differentiate between depressed state of mind and depression disorder, of which the latter is actually physically caused by hormonal imbalances.

Right, because you don't have the choice of being more sociable, not being a NEET and working out. Get a load of this retard. Sad!

>leaf