Can you argument why homosexuality shouldn't be considered a mental illness?

Can you argument why homosexuality shouldn't be considered a mental illness?

>mental illness
>a condition which causes serious disorder in a person's behaviour or thinking

>male
>finds females unattractive
>will never reproduce, therefore will be eliminated from the gene pool

Now, I can support the homosexual rights, BECAUSE if we are unable to cure the said mental illness, we should not hate them. It's like a kid that is born with Down's syndrome. We all acknowledge that he is mentally retarded, but we still respect him with human rights and the laws of society and economy.

I support every homosexual that has the courage to admit that he is mentally ill. In the list of diseases and disorders the inability to reproduce isn't really that bad. They can adopt some orphan or bastard baby, or do some other kind of arrangement.

Other urls found in this thread:

thenewatlantis.com/docLib/20160819_TNA50SexualityandGender.pdf
unvis.it/abc.net.au/news/2017-08-23/same-sex-marriage-what-bible-has-to-say-robyn-whitaker/8831826
researchgate.net/journal/1543-1215_New_Atlantis_Washington_DC
researchgate.net/journal/1467-9280_Psychological_Science
tools.niehs.nih.gov/srp/publications/highimpactjournals.cfm
advocate.com/commentary/2016/8/29/new-scientific-study-sexuality-gender-neither-new-nor-scientific
archive.is/mOwUN
nypost.com/2016/06/09/science-says-liberal-beliefs-are-linked-to-pyschotic-traits/
prri.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/PRRI-Millennials-Web-FINAL.pdf
link-springer-com.ezproxy.library.uq.edu.au/content/pdf/10.1007/BF00849746.pdf
psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/facts_molestation.html
washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2014/06/04/the-science-of-sexuality-how-our-genes-make-us-gay-or-straight/
archive.is/y64OH
advocate.com/health/2015/10/09/study-dna-identical-twins-can-reveal-whos-gay
archive.is/GuptB
scientificamerican.com/article/identical-twins-genes-are-not-identical/
archive.is/MALR3
nytimes.com/1991/12/17/science/gay-men-in-twin-study.html
archive.is/PSmzQ
christiantoday.com/article/research.points.to.genetic.element.in.homosexuality/35856.htm
chaladze.com/files/publications/Chaladze2016ASB.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xq28
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0051088
livescience.com/2623-gays-dont-extinct.html
pastebin.com/vpsP63ui
pastebin.com/XVU8JRyn
m.youtube.com/watch?v=jjPQ_jVlEnQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Kys. Ronaldo, the reproducing faggot who used surorgacies says "the jews did this"; that you did this
>freud
>legit

thenewatlantis.com/docLib/20160819_TNA50SexualityandGender.pdf

>atlantis
unvis.it/abc.net.au/news/2017-08-23/same-sex-marriage-what-bible-has-to-say-robyn-whitaker/8831826

please no crank lunatic "i am alone in home 12 hours a day masturbating and reading the internet" sources

only respectable academic texts please

>please no crank lunatic "i am alone in home 12 hours a day masturbating and reading the internet" sources
>only respectable academic texts please

>Lawrence S. Mayer, M.B., M.S., Ph.D. is a scholar in residence in the Department of Psychiatry at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and a professor of statistics and biostatistics at Arizona State University. Paul R. McHugh, M.D. is a professor of psychiatry and behavioral sciences at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and was for twenty-five years the psychiatrist-in-chief at the Johns Hopkins Hospital.

Sure, but it is published in crank-loser journal. When a respected academic man resorts to crank-loser journal it is a sign of personal problems, some kind of deviation from the academics, usually due to degenerative brain function.

New Atlantis impact factor: 0,59
Psychological Science impact factor: 7,45
New England Journal of Medicine impact factor: 72,4 (the best medical journal)
(Impact factor measures how meaningful and correct thoughts the journal expresses)

researchgate.net/journal/1543-1215_New_Atlantis_Washington_DC
researchgate.net/journal/1467-9280_Psychological_Science
tools.niehs.nih.gov/srp/publications/highimpactjournals.cfm

advocate.com/commentary/2016/8/29/new-scientific-study-sexuality-gender-neither-new-nor-scientific

archive.is/mOwUN

not peer reviewed, shitty journal

>Lawrence S. Mayer, M.B., M.S., Ph.D. is a scholar in residence in the Department of Psychiatry at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and a professor of statistics and biostatistics at Arizona State University. Paul R. McHugh, M.D. is a professor of psychiatry and behavioral sciences at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and was for twenty-five years the psychiatrist-in-chief at the Johns Hopkins Hospital.

appeal to authority fallacy

The gay parades did so much harm to the image and credibility and legitimacy of gay rights than any.
If they walked the streets dresses in shirt and polo with jeans or chinos, they would have not been resisted for such a long time.

If being gay mean you are going to twerk your ass in front of my street in full view of my kids and their friends then you should be put to death. Fuck you.

faggots are thinly veiled paedophiles and they will all burn.

I can approve of gay parades as some of the largest parades in a lot of places without approving of public nudity or sex.

>>>mental illness
>>a condition which causes serious disorder in a person's behaviour or thinking
This is not the definition of a mental illness used in the DSM.

If you just make up your own definitions you can define anything as anything you want. Might make you feel good on the internet but it's hardly convincing.

There just going to raped and sell the kid like those other faggots

Well, according to leftists it's genetically marked to be gay. It's DNA or "I'm born this way."

Also, according to leftists, you can "choose" your sexuality ie. gender identification, being trans, etc. These at their base are paradoxical to one another and not based in reality whatsoever so, really, it's liberalism that is the mental illness and probably being gay as well

nypost.com/2016/06/09/science-says-liberal-beliefs-are-linked-to-pyschotic-traits/

how useful of you to provide the definition used by DSM then

it's the definition given by wikipedia you retard

it is a mental illness, you're a fagget for thinking it isn't, it's much like pedophilea just a wrong wire in ze brain.

>how useful of you to provide the definition used by DSM then
So what you're telling me is that you want to have a good-faith discussion about this topic with a view to establishing the truth, but refuse to expend any effort in the pursuit of such a discussion?

Why should I invest a single wet fart into this thread when you've clearly done nothing more than go to Wikipedia and copy-paste a sentence and then fart all over the keyboard yourself?

>tfw too smart to make an argument

Something something pigeon with a chess.

I've been on Sup Forums for over a decade. Not every post deserves a reply.

what a bunch of bullshit retard

3 seconds in google

"A mental disorder is a syndrome characterized by clinically significant disturbance in an individual's cognition, emotion regulation, or behavior that reflects a dysfunction in the psychological, biological, or developmental processes underlying mental functioning. Mental disorders are usually associated with significant distress in social, occupational, or other important activities. An expectable or culturally approved response to a common stressor or loss, such as the death of a loved one, is not a mental disorder. Socially deviant behavior (e.g., political, religious, or sexual) and conflicts that are primarily between the individual and society are not mental disorders unless the deviance or conflict results from a dysfunction in the individual, as described above."

how does this not translate to
>human thinks and behaves abnormally

Homosexuals behave abnormally. Normal male (99% of current males, and 100% of ancestor males) is attracted to females, has sex with them, makes babies and life functions normally. Homosexuals are attracted to other males. Those other males naturally reject the homosexuals, as they are busy making babies. Homosexual either dies alone, never passing genes, or finds another homosexual to die together, neither never passing genes.

replying takes 15 seconds. how fatigued and depressed you are not to be able to even succeed in that. poor wagecuck.

it's abnormal

it's degenerate

it's a mental illness

gas them all

Hey thanks guy. I'm gay and have thought a lot about whether I could raise a child well with another male. Promise I won't fuck it!

But now you've given three. You shouldn't treat psychology like something so tangible. The fact that a definition is written in the DSM makes it by no means absolute. Don't you think they'd be interested in a definition that doesn't include transexuality or homosexuality out of political reasons?

>>how does this not translate to
>>human thinks and behaves abnormally
For starters because "abnormal" is never once mentioned in the DSM definition. The definition of mental illness has nothing to do with abnormality and everything to do with clinically significant disturbance in [their life] which reflects a dysfunction in one of the aspects that underlies mental functioning.

Just being different is not enough to be mentally ill you fucking cretin, and if you approached this like a rational person by doing research BEFORE forming your opinions rather than after the fact in a desperate attempt to shore up your wet farts after encountering opposition you might be able to approach this from a more impartial perspective.

You are an enormous waste of my time.

7% of millennials are gay:

prri.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/PRRI-Millennials-Web-FINAL.pdf

Jew Knows, the JEW KNOWS! REMEMBER THIS, TYNE JEWS KNOWS!

51% are not 100% clamdigger

>clinically significant disturbance in [their life] which reflects a dysfunction in one of the aspects that underlies mental functioning.
And you say this wouldn't apply to homosexuals? Seriously, nigger?

>journal isn't peer reviewed
And into the trash it goes.

Anxiety is normal. Nobody has an idyllic childhood because nobody is perfect. Everybody is at least bi and freud made up words. There are no blood tests or scans for mental illnesses. All fake. Or spiritual problems

>The fact that a definition is written in the DSM makes it by no means absolute.
It does, however, mean that if you want to claim that homosexuality should be treated the same way as other mental illnesses that means you need to prove that homosexuality is a mental illness to the same standard used to assess those other ones as mental illnesses.

OP is not saying "it's my opinion that homos are mentally ill according to my own definition" - if he were I would just say he's retarded but okay, that's his opinion, whatever. He is saying that homosexuals should be treated in a specific way because they are analogous to other mentally ill people - and that's not true. It's not true because when you look at the reasoning behind the assessment of other mental illnesses (of which the definition of mental illness forms a part) and then attempt to apply that same reasoning to homosexuality, you will fail.

And that's why homosexuality was struck from the DSM.

This is all ignoring the part of the definition that says that sexuality cannot be a mental illness by definition, because that part of the definition is unjustified and furthermore defeats the purpose of this debate.

>serious disorder

That's highly opinionated. Is it serious? Is there a medication(s) that can treat homosexuality?

>And you say this wouldn't apply to homosexuals?
I think if you're going to say that it does you might need to supply some evidence.

But I can guess what you're going to say because I've seen it before so let me forestall you:
>can't have kids
Yes they can.
>won't have kids
Neither will a lot of people. They can if they want, and not desiring kids is not a mental illness.
>STDs
Nothing to do with their sexuality. Homos do have higher prevalence of STDs but that's not caused by homosexuality, it's caused by not practicing safe sex.
>pedos
Pedophiles =/= homosexuals. The majority of pedos will fuck children of either gender, it's just that little boys are easier to get.
>but they kill themselves
This is a more interesting line of argument than the trite garbage that's always trotted out. Homosexuality is an abnormality, and I think that mental abnormalities usually strike in clusters. Once one thing is wrong with your brain it's far more likely that other things will go wrong too. Thus I think that homosexuality is a pretty good indicator that there are actual mental illnesses - but this doesn't mean that homosexuality itself is a mental illness. Smoking is a good indicator for lung cancer but that doesn't make the act of smoking itself a disease.

>Nobody has an idyllic childhood because nobody is perfect.
Sure, but some people are worse off than others, and become mentally ill, like you.
>Everybody is at least bi
If you're implying there's no such thing Asa purely straight person wouldn't that mean there should be no pure homosexuals? If this is the reality wouldn't it be in the interest of society to push for exclusive hetorosexuslity seing as all people will be capable of it?
>There are no blood tests or scans for mental illnesses.
Yeah there are, especially for homosexuality, it's called checking for HIV.

Okay so you are saying homosexuality is not mental illness, it's just personality.

>it's not absolute but it is
I can tell why you tried to just avoid this in the first place, it's because you're a dumbass. If you're going to be so fallacious try to keep it brief.

It's not a mental illness. It's just a sin. That's why it should be looked down on.

I hate fags so goddamn much

I'm saying that if you want to say that X is the same as Y you need to show that X is the same as Y. Part of doing that is defining Y and showing how X meets the same definition.

What OP is trying to say:
Y = 1
X = 1
Therefore X = Y.

The reality:
Y = 5
X = 2

I'm not saying that X =/= 2. OP can think that homosexuality is a mental illness according to his own personal definition of mental illness as much as he fucking wants. I'm saying that if he wants to say it's a mental illness the same way that schizophrenia is a mental illness he needs to prove that it meets the same definition that schizophrenia meets.

It's an abnormality that we don't yet have consensus on the cause of which probably occurs in concert with actual mental illnesses, but it is not in and of itself a mental illness.

>Yes they can.
Not on my watch, the mentally ill shouldn't raise children.
>not desiring kids is not a mental illness.
Wrong.
>Nothing to do with their sexuality
Right, anal sex has nothing to to do with the disease. (??????)
>The majority of pedos will fuck children of either gender, it's just that little boys are easier to get.
Speaking from experience?

You're still treating the definition as something objective like a fixed number when you said you weren't.

>People have other preferences than me wah they must be sick!

>Not on my watch, the mentally ill shouldn't raise children.
Doesn't address the point.
>Wrong.
Asserted without evidence, dismissed without evidence.
>Right, anal sex has nothing to to do with the disease. (??????)
I could be homosexual my whole life and never spontaneously contract a single STD. Asserting that homosexuality causes higher rates of STDs is fucking retarded. There is no mechanism in the world that could explain this. Homosexuals engage in riskier sex which leads to higher rates of STDs - you can't just cut out the middle step and pretend that A leads to C.
>Speaking from experience?
From research. A foreign concept, I know.

If two sides agree to use a set definition then it is for practical purposes objective.

Society treats certain behaviours a certain way, and it decides which behaviours qualify by using that definition (among other things). You can't use a different definition and then demand the same treatment on the basis that homosexuality is an equivalent behaviour. You can demand it on the basis of "fuck you I do what I want," but, like I said, though a tenable position it's not a convincing one.

Not desiring (though I think you do and are lying to yourself) to fulfill the absolute basic goal of biological existence is not a "preference".

>If two sides agree to use a set definition then it is for practical purposes objective.
But we haven't, I hurt also think that under the definition you have homosexuality should still be considered a mental illness, as really the only difference between our two definitions is that yours adds in the pretext of some sort of psychological trauma, which I think homosexuals have experienced anyways.

>But we haven't
"We" haven't, sure, but my original reply was to the OP and I assumed you were carrying on the same argument with the same premise. If you want to assert your own definition of a mental illness then I can't stop you, no matter how overly-broad of overly-narrow or otherwise poor I think that such a definition is, because that's how language works. I would note, however, that it's extremely hard to be convincing when you're speaking a language that only you understand.

>under the definition you have homosexuality should still be considered a mental illness, as really the only difference between our two definitions is that yours adds in the pretext of some sort of psychological trauma, which I think homosexuals have experienced anyways.
The real problem of considering homosexuality a mental illness under the DSM definition is the "clinical significance" part of it. It's extremely challenging to argue that homosexuals experience clinically significant distress as a result of being homosexual when you exclude """bigotry""" against homosexuals (which, I hope we can all agree, is external to the actual homosexuality). If homosexuals experienced untenable conflict between their infinite desire to have children and inability to do so which led to an uncontrollable downward spiral in their lives then sure, I agree, it would absolutely be a mental illness - but they don't, both because they can have children if they want, and the desire to have children isn't all-consuming for most people. And that's the kind of thing that is required to make something a mental illness: a significant clinical impact on [their life].

In the absence of clinical significance it's impossible to argue that something is a mental illness under the DSM definition.

Mental illness, yes. Support gay rights, no.

Granted that bumming another dude in the ass should be legal as much as alcohol consumption or any other drug, it's just as self desctructive and nobody who cares about homosexuals should be promoting, excusing, or turning a blind eye to their behavior. Homosexual males suffer from more depression and physical ailment than any other group of people while representing an astonishingly tiny percentage of the world's population. Putting your pecker in a hole where fecal matter (and consequently, disease) makes its home is not normal or healthy. Condoning such behavior does more harm than anything. Homosexuals should be treated as drug addicts, slaves to their social conditioning and low standards for sexual gratification.

>From research.
Which have not provided.

Every one of your post can be dealt with in the manner you have stated:
>Asserted without evidence, dismissed without evidence.

Good job, shitdick.

Homosexuals who have anal sex are disgusting.

>Which have not provided.
link-springer-com.ezproxy.library.uq.edu.au/content/pdf/10.1007/BF00849746.pdf
Here's some "hard" science.

psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/facts_molestation.html
And here's some >science.

>I could be a smoker my whole life and never get lung cancer
>therefore smoking has no relation to lung cancer
Made me think

>dad smokes
>i start smoking
>i get cancer
>therefore dad gave me cancer.
That's your logic. You cut out the middle step and create a false inevitability.

What if you mental disease that made you want to smoke. It wouldn't be directly responsible for the cancer, nor would it guarantee you get cancer either, but they would certainly correlate.

Whites have a higher rate of suicide.

Sure, and I agree. Homosexuality and STDs correlate and if anyone tries to deny that to you call them a retard with my blessing.

However, the cause of this correlation is that homosexuals don't practice safe sex. Not because they're homosexual. You'd then have to argue that they don't practice safe sex /because/ they're homosexual, and I think that would be very hard to do considering that plenty of homosexuals do practice safe sex and plenty of heterosexuals don't. It's trivial to observe the correlation, much harder to show the causation.

If we presume that causation does exist and that homosexuality does affect the part of the brain that decides to have safe sex then that's the smoking gun and congratulations, you have a clinically significant impact that would justify calling homosexuality a mental illness - but nobody so far has found that homosexuality affects that part of the brain.

What's more likely is that homosexual """"culture"""" is degenerate and encourages unsafe sex.

All of that to argue semantics? Shoot me.

Or where gays are not allowed to marry they are drawn more into opposite sex partnerships that they are unfaithful to and so they cheat in risky situations because they cannot have sex at home. People who have sex in public or in bathhouses because they have an opposite sex spouse and kids at home are less likely to care about safe sex habits.

Well there is a hypothesis that gay men/woman can help protect/raise the offspring of their siblings.

So they don't make direct offspring but they have a positive effect preserving the genes of a family as a whole.

Genetic Evidence of Homosexuality:

washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2014/06/04/the-science-of-sexuality-how-our-genes-make-us-gay-or-straight/

archive.is/y64OH

advocate.com/health/2015/10/09/study-dna-identical-twins-can-reveal-whos-gay

archive.is/GuptB

scientificamerican.com/article/identical-twins-genes-are-not-identical/

archive.is/MALR3

nytimes.com/1991/12/17/science/gay-men-in-twin-study.html

archive.is/PSmzQ

christiantoday.com/article/research.points.to.genetic.element.in.homosexuality/35856.htm

Straight males carry gay genes:

chaladze.com/files/publications/Chaladze2016ASB.pdf

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xq28

Fecundity increases in female relatives of male homosexuals:

journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0051088

livescience.com/2623-gays-dont-extinct.html

Just because they can do something not useless doesn't mean they have the slightest impact on the genetic evolution of the human species. They could shine the father's shoes for free and save him some time, but they don't contribute to more families and more genetic divergence/mixing.

>In the list of diseases and disorders the inability to reproduce isn't really that bad
Homosexuality is not an 'inability to reproduce' it's a refusal to reproduce. A homosexual man's genitals still produce the necessary components to create a child, he just refuses to put them in the correct place to make that happen

pastebin.com/vpsP63ui

pastebin.com/XVU8JRyn

m.youtube.com/watch?v=jjPQ_jVlEnQ

Things about the Gay epidemic

Why would gay men be attracted to little girls?

I think you underestimate how much of a burden children are on the herd/tribe/group/whatever.
Having an extra pair off hands that doesn't create more burdens is quite useful.

yes goy, keep dumping your kids in daycare goy

By this logic, being ugly is a mental illness because it causes people of the opposite sex to find someone unattractive and cuts someone out of the gene pool.

And before you bullshit with me about mental illness not being contagious, conversion disorder is, so fuck you.

How does this relate to my argument?

>Implying that reproduction is the only way to promote the survival of our species.
>Implying that our place within the biosphere is limited to reproduction.
>Implying that laws are anything more than subjective, collective opinions (consensus).
>Implying that homosexuality is a mental illness even when the person is a mentally stable, socially well-adjusted, educated, happy, law-abiding member of society with a normal IQ.
>And finally, you dumb fuck, implying that there isn't a scarcity of young, attractive, fertile women to go around, meaning that homosexuality doesn't matter either way.
t. angry, confused virgin who can't stop jerking off to traps.