Can we take a few leisurely hours away from shitposting...

Can we take a few leisurely hours away from shitposting, drama and cuck threads to talk about the greatest President of the United States, Richard Nixon?

His life, career, policies and habits.

Other urls found in this thread:

goodreads.com/book/show/24945502-the-president-and-the-apprentice
goodreads.com/book/show/13192865-kennedy-v-nixon
goodreads.com/book/show/25241663-being-nixon
youtube.com/watch?v=I9LcAJOsFGg
youtube.com/watch?v=-CvQOuNecy4
youtube.com/watch?v=gbrcRKqLSRw
youtube.com/watch?v=Km1Ylrjog74
youtube.com/watch?v=MacmN1EtIPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Pc3IfB23W4c
youtube.com/watch?v=32GaowQnGRw
youtube.com/watch?v=fOwT9Rysnko
youtube.com/watch?v=fjLjQuqvK6s
imdb.com/title/tt0113987/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

goodreads.com/book/show/24945502-the-president-and-the-apprentice

More than half a century after Eisenhower left office, the history of his presidency is so clouded by myth, partisanship, and outright fraud that most people have little understanding of how Ike’s administration worked or what it accomplished. We know—or think we know—that Eisenhower distrusted his vice president, Richard Nixon, and kept him at arm’s length; that he did little to advance civil rights; that he sat by as Joseph McCarthy’s reckless anticommunist campaign threatened to wreck his administration; and that he planned the disastrous 1961 Bay of Pigs invasion of Cuba. None of this is true.

The President and the Apprentice reveals a different Eisenhower, and a different Nixon. Ike trusted and relied on Nixon, sending him on many sensitive overseas missions. Eisenhower, not Truman, desegregated the military. Eisenhower and Nixon, not Lyndon Johnson, pushed the Civil Rights Act of 1957 through the Senate. Eisenhower was determined to bring down McCarthy and did so. Nixon never, contrary to recent accounts, saw a psychotherapist, but while Ike was recovering from his heart attack in 1955, Nixon was overworked, overanxious, overmedicated, and at the limits of his ability to function

goodreads.com/book/show/13192865-kennedy-v-nixon

For almost half a century "The Making of the President, 1960" has stood as the standard work on this topic. Kallina has exposed the mythology of Theodore White's description of Camelot. For the first time we have an unbiased portrayal of what happened before, during, and after that pivotal election."--Irving F. Gellman, author of "The Contender: Richard Nixon, the Congress Years, 1946-1952""Readers will never look at the historic 1960 election the same way again."--Matthew Corrigan, author of "Race, Religion, and Economic Change in the Republican South""Kennedy v. Nixon" is a book for everyone who "thinks "they know what happened in the pivotal election year of 1960. For fifty years we've accepted Theodore White's premise (from "The Making of the President, 1960") that Kennedy ran a brilliant campaign while Nixon committed blunder after blunder.But White the journalist was a Kennedy partisan and helped establish the myth of Camelot. Now, five decades later, Edmund Kallina offers a fresh overview of the election's most critical and controversial events.Based upon research conducted at four presidential libraries--those of Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, and Nixon--Kallina is able to make observations and share insights unavailable in the immediate aftermath of one of the closest races in American presidential history. He describes the strengths and mistakes of "both" camps, and examines the impact of civil rights, Cold War tensions, and the televised presidential debates on an election that still looms large in both the political history and the popular imagination of the United States.

goodreads.com/book/show/25241663-being-nixon

For almost half a century "The Making of the President, 1960" has stood as the standard work on this topic. Kallina has exposed the mythology of Theodore White's description of Camelot. For the first time we have an unbiased portrayal of what happened before, during, and after that pivotal election."--Irving F. Gellman, author of "The Contender: Richard Nixon, the Congress Years, 1946-1952""Readers will never look at the historic 1960 election the same way again."--Matthew Corrigan, author of "Race, Religion, and Economic Change in the Republican South""Kennedy v. Nixon" is a book for everyone who "thinks "they know what happened in the pivotal election year of 1960. For fifty years we've accepted Theodore White's premise (from "The Making of the President, 1960") that Kennedy ran a brilliant campaign while Nixon committed blunder after blunder.But White the journalist was a Kennedy partisan and helped establish the myth of Camelot. Now, five decades later, Edmund Kallina offers a fresh overview of the election's most critical and controversial events.Based upon research conducted at four presidential libraries--those of Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, and Nixon--Kallina is able to make observations and share insights unavailable in the immediate aftermath of one of the closest races in American presidential history. He describes the strengths and mistakes of "both" camps, and examines the impact of civil rights, Cold War tensions, and the televised presidential debates on an election that still looms large in both the political history and the popular imagination of the United States.

copied the wrong thing

In Being Nixon, Evan Thomas peels away the layers of the complex, confounding figure who became America’s thirty-seventh president. The son of devout Quakers, Richard Nixon (not unlike his rival John F. Kennedy) grew up in the shadow of an older, favored brother and thrived on conflict and opposition. Through high school and college, in the navy and in politics, he was constantly leading crusades and fighting off enemies real and imagined. As maudlin as he was Machiavellian, Nixon possessed the plainspoken eloquence to reduce American television audiences to tears with his career-saving “Checkers” speech; meanwhile, his darker half hatched schemes designed to take down his political foes, earning him the notorious nickname “Tricky Dick.”

Drawing on a wide range of historical accounts, Thomas reveals the contradictions of a leader whose vision and foresight led him to achieve détente with the Soviet Union and reestablish relations with communist China, but whose underhanded political tactics tainted his reputation long before the Watergate scandal. One of the principal architects of the modern Republican Party and its “silent majority” of disaffected whites and conservative ex-Dixiecrats, Nixon was also deemed a liberal in some quarters for his efforts to desegregate Southern schools, create the Environmental Protection Agency, and end the draft.

A deeply insightful character study as well as a brilliant political biography, Being Nixon offers a surprising look at a man capable of great bravery and extraordinary deviousness—a balanced portrait of a president too often reduced to caricature.

1950s:
youtube.com/watch?v=I9LcAJOsFGg

youtube.com/watch?v=-CvQOuNecy4

1960s:

youtube.com/watch?v=gbrcRKqLSRw

youtube.com/watch?v=Km1Ylrjog74

Post presidency

youtube.com/watch?v=MacmN1EtIPQ

youtube.com/watch?v=Pc3IfB23W4c

That's all I have resource wise

>tfw nobody wants to post in your thread or talk to you, ever

youtube.com/watch?v=32GaowQnGRw

youtube.com/watch?v=fOwT9Rysnko

>he sat by as Joseph McCarthy’s reckless anticommunist campaign threatened to wreck his administration
McCarthy was right, he was trying to undo the damage of communist infiltration from the Roosevelt and Truman administrations

Not to mention Nixon actually found fame by finding PROOF that the Commies were infiltrating on the US, just like McCarthy said

youtube.com/watch?v=fjLjQuqvK6s

bump while I read

Videos are quite long too, I like guests to come in and watch the full videos and then leave a comment so I will bump every 10-15 mins.

tl;dr tbqh
the fact that jews tried to infiltrate communism in america is quite confusing, but I'm affraid that I'm starting to understand it all , still some pieces remain unsolved

I guess they need two factions to fight eachother after all

how did the commiejews infiltrated america and what did they caused by it?

>tl;dr!!
>the jews jews jews
>meme
>lol u faggot

I don't think you'll add much to this thread

sorry for the holy shit you fucking faggot thing, not intentional (coming from other thread and left it there accidentaly)

heading out for a while so i remade on /his/ where it wont die whilst i'm afk

pity bump

Did you know he drove his crush and later wife on dates with other guys?

wrong

Nixon was hilariously socially awkward, he only loved his wife and his wife only loved him

Watching vids. Interesting topic

UUUU

If you're into 3 hour biographic epics

imdb.com/title/tt0113987/

of course, books are the best medium. The film is great though.

How could anyone not like Richard Nixon?

The Bohemian Grove, which I attend from time to time—it is the most faggy goddamned thing you could ever imagine, with that San Francisco crowd. I can't shake hands with anybody from San Francisco.

t. Richard Nixon

Riots were also the most virulent symptoms to date of another, and in some ways graver, national disorder—the decline in respect for public authority and the rule of law in America. Far from being a great society, our is becoming a lawless society.
Our opinion-makers have gone too far in promoting the doctrine that when a law is broken, society, not the criminal is to blame. Our teachers, preachers, and politicians have gone too far in advocating the idea that each individual should determine what laws are good and what laws are bad, and that he then should obey the law he likes and disobey the law he dislikes.
Men of intellectual and moral eminence who encourage public disobedience of the law are responsible for the acts of those who inevitably follow their counsel: the poor, the ignorant and the impressionable. For example, to the professor objecting to de facto segregation, it may be crystal clear where civil disobedience may begin and where it must end. But the boundaries have become fluid to his students and other listeners. Today in the urban slums, the limits of responsible action are all but invisible.
There can be no right to revolt in this society; no right to demonstrate outside the law, and, in Lincoln's words, 'no grievance that is a fit object of redress by mob law'. In a civilized nation no man can excuse his crime against the person or property of another by claiming that he, too, has been a victim of injustice. To tolerate that is to invite anarchy.

You know what happened to the Romans? The last six Roman emperors were fags. Neither in a public way. You know what happened to the popes? They were layin' the nuns; that's been goin' on for years, centuries. But the Catholic Church went to hell three or four centuries ago. It was homosexual, and it had to be cleaned out. That's what's happened to Britain. It happened earlier to France. Let's look at the strong societies. The Russians. Goddamn, they root 'em out. They don't let 'em around at all. I don't know what they do with them. Look at this country. You think the Russians allow dope? Homosexuality, dope, immorality, are the enemies of strong societies. That's why the Communists and left-wingers are clinging to one another. They're trying to destroy us. I know Moynihan will disagree with this, [Attorney General John] Mitchell will, and Garment will. But, goddamn, we have to stand up to this.

>While in Whittier, Pat Ryan met a young lawyer recently graduated from the Duke University School of Law, Richard Milhous Nixon. The two became acquainted at a Little Theater group when they were cast together in The Dark Tower.[6] Known as Dick, he asked Pat Ryan to marry him the first night they went out. "I thought he was nuts or something!" she recalled.[18] He courted the redhead he called his "wild Irish Gypsy" for two years,[19] even driving her to and from her dates with other men.

From Pat Nixon's wikipedia page

Thanks. I'll check it out