What happened to traditional architecture?

What happened to traditional architecture?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Q1ZeXnmDZMQ?t=25
youtube.com/watch?v=bHw4MMEnmpc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Well, it's a long story, but here goes.

A veeeery long time ago, in the heart of Europe, an experiment was begun to see what would happen if a race of moneylenders could be bred using peasants from the Middle East....

post modernism

Nothing.

Architechture was never traditional in the sense what you mean by that. It was always what materials were available and what people knew as a driving force and not the false song of nationalism like you assume.

The exchange of ideas and technologies greatly reduced the cost of building while improved safety and accessibility too.

you couldn't be more fucking wrong

Marxist infiltration and subversion.

Modern architecture is todays traditional architecture.

Modern piping. Try having 4 pipe air conditioning and heating in that old of a structure.

Where is the argument

A culture's beliefs and values are reflected in their architecture, when you see traditional japanese buildings you know they're japanese, they weren't built the way they were solely because they used what materials they had available, the curved roof resembles phoenix wings etc. same with any other culture

>What happened to traditional architecture?

you tell me what happened to traditional photography. that oversaturated shit you posted gave me epileptic cancer.

That looks like a gorgeous space for a mosque

>since the mark of a human dwelling has been erased from them
what did he mean by this?

It got replaced by other architectural traditions.

Fucking Notre-Dame is a monument to this phenomenon. It has like 5 different traditions in its stonework.

Commie blocks are now the normal way of life feelsbadman

>It was always what materials were available and what people knew as a driving force and not the false song of nationalism like you assume.
Totally. Architecture has always been about pragmatism.

>knows more about Nip architecture than his homeland's

It's all over the place in Europe but it was very prone to fires. Also thanks to the Germans, most of them are gone.

That shit violates all kinds of fire codes

All it takes is for one unit to catch fire, and then it's all fucking over

The antiquity of "traditional architecture" has been abandoned for the sake of efficiency.

It's not cost efficient.
And oh do we former soviets know about cost efficient architecture...

/thread

> Posts a picture of a monument

You're a fucking moron, you know that right?

cost efficiency trumps everything now. this attitude hade made our towns and cities go from this to pic related

most of it burned down or was destoryed during World War II and people weren't really keen on rebuilding giant fire hazards.

It's not excuse for why modern architecture is so boring looking though.

Gat dayum look at all that crooked shit goin on there.

Germany was only united as a result of Napoleon invading us and much of the rest of Europe.
WW1 and WW2 wouldn't have happened if you would have known your borders or just kept invaded niggers and getting BTFO by them.

this

You know timber frame building is still commonly used today right? Just because you can't see the timbers doesn't mean it isn't what is holding your roof up.

Shit works.

>What happened to traditional architecture?
Jews

Nothing efficient about pic related.

tHIS IS eUROPE FOR ME, THE OLD fLEMISH HOMES, EVEN GOING BACK TO THE tURO PERIOD THEY ARE HERE STILL, THE ONES THE lUFTWAFFE DID NOT DESTROY

Grr CAps

Being that retarded.
screencaped

>>Germany was only united as a result of Napoleon invading us and much of the rest of Europe.
Germany was united because the traitorous Adolphe Thiers handed Paris to them because he had to deal with Commies in 1871. Don't think you can fool me on history filthy kraut.
Germany was founded in Versailles, and a lot of innocent French blood was spilled by the German Army then. Only the general Gambetta didn't submit. Germany is a non-factor in this equation.

"We must create a mass production state of mind".
Jews
Capitalist
Communists
The dominance of materialist ideology.
Death of the spiritual
Death of the faustian spirit of the European
Triumph of the Jewish materialist

You happened to it Sven. You and your fucking minimalism.

nothing, it's still there

Efficiency my ass.

The elbe-philharmony is actually pretty neat.
Was placed and intgrated on an older building that was left intact mostly making it look like a sensible fusion of old and modern.
Also while the price is incredible, it will be one of the worlds best in return, attracting foreigners from greater states and powers to instill awe and respect in what europeans can still achieve culturally.

Thats a fucking abomination

Unironical fascists are not even funny

>expensive to build
>expensive to maintain
>not a viable option for large populations

>act shocked about this
>can't even tell what century is the building on the left from
I laugh at you.

It's long dead.
But it still is in our hearts.

It's more expensive than concrete. Not that it's expensive per see, but concrete is dirt cheap, and it's faster too.

Concrete is one of the cancers of the modern world. It made it too easy for anyone to build homes and infrastructure without much effort, and it caused populations to soar.

If only my commie blocks looked this good. And even then, it's stone, not concrete.

Looks like Alsace/Elsass.

I found out recently that a lot of Paris still looked like that in the late 1880s or so until some architect or something decided to demolish the entire city and fill it with the buildings that all look exactly the same. I always thought that it looked like it does now because it was flattened in a war or a massive fire, or the old buildings had gone out over the centuries. Feels bad.

Building is grey and steel. Color is waste of resources better used in production for regeime and military

Your society wastes too much

It actually says so on the picture. I'm retarded.

It burned down.
I'm not even kidding.
Having larger upper floors made it very tasty for flames.

we're talking about symptoms here

go to bed kim

Kim is his family name retard

So what's the cause?

Baron Haussmann destroyed Paris. Now it looks like Washington DC.

>fucking lego building

you're totally right I should have said go to bed jong un because that just rolls right off the tongue

kill yourself abdul you fucking turkroach

Do people actually see shit in this or do they just go along with it like cattle?

>467 million
>it's a fucking hut

well thats the excuse they use anyway. the problem is so many people say they like modern architecture but it literally makes every city look the same i honestly dont understand what they like. is it the flat, smooth, plain surfaces? the lack of detail? the cold glass and steel? the "abstract" and jarring shapes? you cant tell the difference between a shopping centre, a gym or somebody's house it all looks like fucking mish-mashed lego. this really depresses me, perhaps more than it should.

i blame a lack of education and understanding of history, the things that makes us unique and the world beautiful

Cultures and values are not a fixed thing. This is the most retarded argument the right has. Thats literally the same with something like language, its a constantly evolving and changing thing

I have two friends who are both artists. One does all the contemporary bullshit, and the other traditional stuff (actually runs the Architectural Revival facebook and twitter pages).

They constantly clash over what can be considered art and they both seem to have teased out that contemporary art is made to appeal to people within the modern art culture. Instead of wanting to create something beautiful, they rather create something of a meme, with sort of inside jokes that only their people will get.

This could be the same for modern architecture. It doesnt want to be beautiful, it wants to be different. It doesnt want to appeal to the public, it wants to appeal to other architects who all believe theyre "pushing the boundaries".

Then theres also the fact that traditional architecture served a political purpose, in that it sought to project the power of an empire, or create a distinct style of a city. Modern architecture is primarily functional. Most new apartment buildings are "machines for living".

subjectivism

If you LARP as a Nork, do it with an actual insight about how they build please.
They have own aesthethic guidelines and use certain kinds of colours very much if they can afford it. Just google pyonyangs new skyline.

"Relativism" is the word

nonsense you are talking out your arse. architecture was used to inspire. to conjure up emotions amongst people, most often those at the top.
look at baroque and gothic architecture for example. they are purposefully extravagant and over the top. look at all our old statues and monuments, theres nothing practical or useful about them they are for the public to enjoy.
we live in a time where profit and money is valued above all else and lazy, uninspired, talentless people are allowed to erect horrible monstrosities in our living spaces

>I wonder what happened

Well, if you discard tradition and history, "relativism" just becomes "bullshitism".

But thats a neat ornament

No, back then they knew that good architecture creates good environments which creates good people, so they at least tried to make it beautiful or not ugly on fucking purpose.

youtu.be/Q1ZeXnmDZMQ?t=25
youtube.com/watch?v=bHw4MMEnmpc

What I was saying was that in a tight wall to wall cluster like that, all it takes is for one unit to go up, and soon the whole block is burning down. Not so much about the timber, which is probably fireproofed these days anyways

They're pretty much stuck in the mid 70's like an old James Bond film set. Also, their favorite colors to use are pink and jade. Anything to bring out the flowery look.

RARE

What is it with communism and gas chamber green?

Oh look another leftist commie faggot from spain.

You went full fash until 1975 and then became increasingly more cucked since. Cierra la boca puto

>What happened to architecture
In Hungary, the pattern was like this:
In the 20s, the government pushed Neo-Baroque as the preferred architecture style instead of Art Deco. This was due to political reasons, the US was an entente power, and the government didn't want anything from countries that fucked up Hungary after WWI.
So they sent the architects to German schools, where Bauhaus started, which started the slippery slope, bauhaus became the main architecture style in the 30s, with a national undertone (coat of arms/soldier murals on the buildings, etc.). 30s Bauhaus was simple, but symmetrical, it was kind of nice in its own way.
After the commies toke over, the real chaos begun: Stalinism was the only accepted style, but the Hungarian architects didn't know what Stalinism was, so they mixed Classicism and Modernism. After Stalin's death, modernism/brutalism became the only preferred style commieblock constructions started, and "experimental" apartments were built. Domes and ornaments were destroyed on old houses, due to political reasons.
In the 90s, there was a split in Hungarian architecture: Some preferred a more conservative/organic architecture style, and others wanted to push the Western modernist/post-modern style.
After 2010, (most likely due to pressure form the government) extreme architecture styles were stopped, only cube/traditional shaped buildings are accepted, while there's a push for traditional reconstructions.
in short: things started to go shit in the 30s, and this process was accelerated by the commies.

It all got bombed to shit lol