Ideal Man

>But first correct yourselves, in order that, free from blame , you may be able to correct those who are subject to you.

Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere.
-- Beowulf

What are the qualities of the Ubermensch? What of their political ideology?

My thoughts:
High trait conscentiousness
Humanities focused
Strong work ethic
Equitable
Mandatory military service
Proud

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MSW-HVe0jko&t=15s
youtube.com/watch?v=OsOUcikyGRk
cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP96-00788R001700210016-5.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>you have to be a meatshield for jews to be a good man

well this is with the gov run by mensch of uberness

Meditations is full of inane aphorism, it was a pretty disappointing read. Not bad by any means but Seneca or Cicero are more interesting.

Loyalty

Loyalty to state and to family

Doing good things is good
Goodness
Virtue
This thread is good
Good

Thats communist talk you svenfaggot. So what if the state that rules you is more corrupt than the local synagogue?

yeah parts are rambly but there are good tips too. anything specifically you would recommend?

reading pic related

>High trait conscentiousness

Near impossible if you care about political ideology.

>Humanities focused

No, more like science focused.

>Strong work ethic

Yes.

>Equitable

Yes, but due to preconceived bias, most will never properly achieve this.

>Mandatory military service

Absolutely not. There is no honor or beauty in war or in the preparation of it. We're trying to run away from war, not towards it.

>Proud

Greatest sin.

I'm reading that book right now lmao

Ideal man has discipline and thinks beyond sensory pleasures

>Mandatory military service

words fail me in describing how discarded you opinion is.

mostly threw in mil serv because responsibility promotes growth, but other ways to spur development. I agree with your outlook.

Of all of those, only strong work ethic and equitable are actually worth a shit. Pride is pretty much the antithesis.

The one trait any person aiming for 'Übermensch' should be aspiring towards is truthfulness in all aspects of life. Meaning recognizing truth as well as speaking it.

Others:
Fit
Thoughtful
Pragmatic
Respectful

Willpower
Analysis of all things that happen
Pride
Loyalty

Also must be racially pure

Why no description of physical qualities user

Being proud of your accomplishments; I dont see anything wrong with that as long as you do not stagnate and live in the past

Just a glimpse of this thread gives an idea of how retarded most people on pol are.

>Pride

Gay pride doesn't count, Jamal Svenson.

what do you value mate?

I think intangibles are of a higher order, the body will follow suit

I can fill you in

Tall ( at least 185cm/6´1)
Wide shoulders
Narrow waist
Blonde hair or brown hair
Blonde, green or grey eyes
Physically fit
Strong facial bone structure to signal racial purity and nobility of blood

>humanities focused
>mandatory military service
sounds like the lezter mench to me

youtube.com/watch?v=MSW-HVe0jko&t=15s

why do u bully

thread music

youtube.com/watch?v=OsOUcikyGRk

7:40 for 3rd movement

neat thanks

Feeling pride is not bad per se, but it's a useless emotion that can, at best, motivate through the expectation of experiencing it, and at worst fuck everything up, as history teaches us time and again.
In any case, it has no place among your 'top 10' traits, seeing as you opened the thrread with it.

>For how can the ignorant teach others? How can the licentious make others modest? And how can the impure make others pure? If anyone hates peace, how can he make others peaceable ? Or if anyone has soiled his hands with baseness, how can he cleanse the impurities of another? We read also that if the blind lead the blind, both will fall into the ditch [Matt. 15:14]. But first correct yourselves, in order that, free from blame , you may be able to correct those who are subject to you. If you wish to be the friends of God, gladly do the things which you know will please Him.

from urban kicking off the first crusade

I agree, poor analysis on my part

Noice.

I think people who don't understand the concept of Übermensch shouldn't use it.
And I think you have none of the qualities you listed.

okay?

Explain it to us then Gunther

A N A R C H

wow that dude was fucking badass

Concentrate every minute like a Roman – like a man – on doing what’s in front of you with precise and genuine seriousness, tenderly, willingly, with justice. And on freeing yourself from all other distractions. Yes, you can – if you do everything as if it were the last thing you were doing in your life, and stop being aimless, stop letting your emotions override what your mind tells you, stop being hypocritical, self-centered, irritable. You see how few things you have to do to live a satisfying and reverent life? If you can manage this, that’s all even the gods can ask of you.

– Marcus Aurelius, from the book ‘Meditations’

The Übermensch makes his own morality. He's the literal opposite of what OP thinks. He's not a hero or loyal wage slave. Nietzsche said rather a Borgio than a Parsifal if that helps.

Marcus Aurelius called himself a citizen of the world, he just wanted us all to get away from human affairs and travel the world, but he had a duty as emperor and had to suck it up.

yeah man, more women should be stoics, our culture would probably improve in a lot of ways.

The stoics were egalitarian though. Or cosmopolitan the least.

so a philosophical warrior, guiding principles are still required

>guiding principles are still required
No.

I love his writings but his choice of his successor ended pax-Romana and started to bring an end to the Empire. So that lack of foresight makes me respect him less as an intellectual. Good read though and his relative lack of experience prior to coming Emperor meant he did a lot better than he rationally could have been expected to

Can Americans even become Übermenschen?

You dont think women are our peers? some women at least?

well they follow from their philosophical treatise, there will be tenets regardless

There are several aspects to it. In the sense of overcoming the nihilism of the world and affirming life everybody can.

Where did I say anything of the like? Read my post again

No. I see what you are trying to do but no. If it helps you can extrapolate morality from will to power and "biological pragmatism" but that's about the only way you can apply Nietzsche to your aims.

Are there enough Übermenschen in Germany to save it though?

i inferred from the 'though' that you were disinterested in that life style.

Being stoic is not the same as being indifferent

That's not what that means. In one aspect the concept has eugenical aspects to it and obviously yes. I live in a more rural area but the youth here as A-tier.

I meant stoicism is universalist. Pretty similar to christianity. We are all humans tier. Some aspects of stoicism are certainly beneficial to everyone but don't make it an above you thing. Take from it what is good. Leave the rest.
Sorry I talk like shit but I hope you know what I mean

well eternal return; contented with everything as is forever over and over; living the best life you can and satisfied regardless, some principles would help

So would it be fair to assume that the term has been bastardized and come to mean something else than originally intended? If you say the word now, what comes up in my mind is an image that is more physical than mental. I think of someone like Dolph Lundgren, not a philosopher.

okay I didnt know that, what i meant was it would help with their emotional bullshit and give them so vantage as to how to properly conduct yourself

>living the best life you can and satisfied regardless, some principles would help
I'm not sure what you mean here.

In a sense yes. It's not dictionary narrowly defined more like in different aspects referred to. Nietzsche admired warriordom and certainly physical superiority is 'beneficial' but yeah. It's more mental than physical.

I'm not sure how stoicism would be helpful to women nor do I think women hold to the same virtues as men to ever adopt it on a broad scale. It's more helpful for men to bear what is necessary I'd say

>What, if some day or night a demon were to steal after you into your loneliest loneliness and say to you: "This life as you now live it and have lived it, you will have to live once more and innumerable times more; and there will be nothing new in it, but every pain and every joy and every thought and sigh and everything unutterably small or great in your life will have to return to you, all in the same succession and sequence - even this spider and this moonlight between the trees, and even this moment and I myself. The eternal hourglass of existence is turned upside down again and again, and you with it, speck of dust!"
Would you not throw yourself down and gnash your teeth and curse the demon who spoke thus?... Or how well disposed would you have to become to yourself and to life to crave nothing more fervently than this ultimate eternal confirmation and seal?

so some principles would help you be satisfied and achieve the best possibly forever

>so some principles would help you be satisfied and achieve the best possibly forever
I agree. I'm not sure if we're on the same page here but this is about affirming life right?
Or do you mean principles as in moral laws?

well just being able to better cope with your thoughts and this life; not throwing yourself into useless hedonism and being productive. everyone could benefit from that

qualities of the individual, possibly morally, but also adjectives like i posted earlier that you didnt agree with.

so lets drop the ubermensch and let me ask you what you think the best attributes a man can possess are

because the mental model neitzsche presents with its very pressing to learn early on to live well

always trying to better myself and outside perspectives are valuable to me

>Practices the religion of the Proto-Indo-Europeans (Roman mystery cults are also acceptable)
>Able to tread water for 15 minutes in chainmail armor
>Can solve most astrological riddles in under one minute
>Skin that gives off a healthy glow
>Understands the 1984 Dune film and can explain the significant themes out loud without using Google
>Is able to differentiate between each of David Bowie's thematic eras without using Google
>Uses DuckDuckGo
>Responds to forthcoming weather instinctually like a forest animal

That is all I have without using Google but I think that this is an adequate foundation so feel free to build on it of you have any insights

>qualities of the individual, possibly morally, but also adjectives like i posted earlier that you didnt agree with
The issue is not that I don't agree with them. Of course if everyone does their duty I'm happy. The point was that they are not part of the concept of the Übermensch

Souvereignity, steadfastness, contenance

It's not that our values differ I assume we have just different reasons as to why.

No. Eternal return is about life affirmation. Not about "fighting the demon." I can't give you the exact quote but it goes that at the end of the life you may say: That was life? Alas another time.
From zarathustra.
It's the opposite of wasting away your life with some moral guidelines beyond those who improve your life. That is one aspect of the Übermensch. To affirm life and discard (Nietzsche was heavily focused on antichristianity) overarching morality that take away from your life experience like asceticism.

And that is good. Obviously self improvement benefits your life. But the reason d'être is then it's improval of your life not the "moral duty" of being a good boy. Do you understand what I'm trying to say?

>>Practices the religion of the Proto-Indo-Europeans (Roman mystery cults are also acceptable)

That's just cringeworthy if you're American.

how does your notion of life affirmation vary from my lay interpretation of eternal return which is be as content as possible with your life

>Canadian poster

Men require purpose and you will never create a situation that mimics what happens to men during war. War is biological.

(You)

America was always a Christian nation ( until it became a Jewish nation) so why not practice the religion of your ancestors and the founders of your country? You can't even pronounce the names of European gods properly

I bet he hasa big DICK

>life affirmation vary from my lay interpretation of eternal return which is be as content as possible with your life
It doesn't much. It's an active affirmation of life. That everything happens as it will and you are to enjoy this completely because it will always return (in some way). It has aspects of stoic content but also other aspects.
But this content doesn't come from some moral laws but from yourself.
I'm afraid I will get misunderstood but start with the nihilism of the world and then overcome it by building on top of it.

yes I understand; you live well because life affirmation not because god, mom, society said to behave a certain way because it is right, moral, acceptable or the like. the motive is intrinsic not extrinsic. this is subsequently self validating

you fucking idiot

Well formulated.

You need to change your thinking SvedeBruder. Loyalty to your family and race, is loyalty to your state. That is what it means to be volkisch.

word glad were on the same page, thanks for contributing

I guess one overlooked trait of the Ubermensch must be "the inability to spot a blatant joke."

Did you even look at the rest of my post you autistic Mohammedan?

if youre still around, start how? reduce the world to nothing and import meaning?

>Did you even look at the rest of my post
Kek you got me

I didn't

Well yeah. Zarathustra is the destroyer of all values. I'm cautious to explain that on Sup Forums but Nietzsche is not in that sense a right winger.
So with all values and morals you learned unlearn them, pobably you already did.
And then create new values by your own will.

>I think people who don't understand the concept of Übermensch shouldn't use it.
hahAAAA
PLEB

The Overman isn't you.

The Overman is eugenics. You are but a herald. And you have to be Stoic to be a herald of the Overman. No dirty cunt Jew rich boy will ever produce a real Overman. Just another Gollam or monster.

Simpler.

Recognize that existence is, in the end, finite and in the grand picture, completely meaningless. From that premise start giving your own existence meaning. Do things to better yourself for the sake of yourself.
Look there is no right answer, and Nietzsche was just one in a long line of people to try and put into words what the concept of an Übermensch was to him.

In short: do shit.

>Well yeah. Zarathustra is the destroyer of all values. I'm cautious to explain that on Sup Forums but Nietzsche is not in that sense a right winger.
More lies.

More Commie lies

FUCK YOU

>The Overman is eugenics
In one aspect. In other aspects no.

>And you have to be Stoic to be a herald of the Overman
Certainly not. Nietzsche was not a German supremacist. And he admired jews.

I remember telling my mom one time that just because i didnt think anything was important didnt mean i didnt care about things. ive been wanting to learn all i can so i can start building my own philosophy, i told my uber driver that today. so i think i will examine deeply what it is i care about and why and start to distill that

You seem like a reasonable person. I take you very seriously.

>In short: do shit.
False

Evolve

Nature

Hard reality

NO MORE DELUSIONS

LOGOS

REASON

NO "be active"

God I hate you fucking internet losers who think ALLLLLL PHILOSOPHY is about getting laid or going outside.

Pathetic

>assspects
Fuck off hipster.

Herald the Overman. Only the Higher man can do this!

“For the few men and women of purpose, they are blessed with thecertainty that, unlike the billions who live and die with no more sense of identity or mission than sheepor cattle, their lives have meaning, that they do not live and dream and struggle and suffer in vain, thattheir existence counts for something, for it is their consciousness and their purpose which willdetermine the form and the spirit of the new order which will one day rise on this earth, and it is their descendants who will take the next step within that new order toward the superman.”
- Friedrich Nietzsche

>Certainly not. Nietzsche was not a German supremacist. And he admired jews.
Oh you filthy inbred cult kike loser. I already disproved this. You are a fucking cult member fantatic and your ancestors were too. Or they would of bred out like sane smart people.

You didn't even miss the point, you are so wrong I could've told you're American even without the flag.

Stop being JEWISH!

Your one and ONLY warning from Sup Forums!

The ubermensch philosophy is epicureanism.

Nothing really matters in the end. The jews will die, you will die, you will never experience your legacy, and this whole slightly moist and warm ball will die. That means one should do what feels good man while you can.

this isnt directly related but its fascinating as fuck. the author talks about the nature of consciousness being at its core a hologram.

its a declassified cia doc hence the archive. people always flip because the url.

cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP96-00788R001700210016-5.pdf

>tall
Sorry, I'm 5'6 and need work on to be higher.
>wide shoulders
Yes.
>narrow waist
What?
>blonde hair or brown hair
Blonde-brownish hair.
>Blonde, green or grey eyes
I have grayish blue eyes.
>Physically fit
Need to work on that.
>Strong facial bone structure to signal racial purity and nobility of blood
My head shape is like stretched octagon.

This is what happens when you get your information from Sup Forums screencaps. Look who the higher men in Zarathustra were. They were the complete opposite of stoics you moron.

right... ad hom. Typical commie faggot without a voice. You've been mind raped. You will NEVER herald the Overman.

You will NEVER be Stoic as fuck

No. It is nihilistic but it overcomes that nihilism. The Übermensch is the goal

i needed a fucking companion book for BGE but im going to see if my uni library has a copy of zara and start working on it