Harvard University Professor of Constitutional Law Noah Feldman has argued that issuing this pardon (regarding Joe...

>Harvard University Professor of Constitutional Law Noah Feldman has argued that issuing this pardon (regarding Joe Arpaio) would be an impeachable offence under the U.S. Constitution, as it would mean that Trump was expressing "outright contempt for the ... independent constitutional authority of Article III judges."
Can someone explain to me whether this is true or not?

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtontimes.com/news/2017/may/25/evergreen-state-students-demand-professor-resign-f/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's not true.

This like the 20th thing he's done that they've claimed is an "impeachable offense." It's all bullshit.

(((Noah Feidman)))

The more the left pushes for impeachment, the better.

We should be encouraging them to look more foolish

If I understand what I've read correctly, this is in fact the first time that a president has pardoned someone convicted of a crime. Trump is setting a dangerous precedent.

Uh, user.

You forget Obama and all of the drug dealers.

It's horse shit, especially your source. Look at who Clinton pardoned. Drug dealers, international scammers, etc. and no one batted an eye.
Go read the constitution. No where in it does it state impeachment starts with law professors. Might as well ask the town drunk for an opinion, for what it's worth.

increasingly nervous has taken on a new meaning

He was trolling, you blithering idiots.

>Can someone explain to me whether this is true or not?

It's nonsense, because by the same logic **all** pardons of criminals convicted in federal courts would fall into the category of "outright contempt for the independent constitutional authority of Article III judges" because all such pardons demonstrate "contempt" for the rulings of Article III judges in that all such pardon obviate those rulings (Article III judges are judges of the federal courts, i.e., judges appointed under the federal judicial power that arises under Article III of the Constitution).

It's a very dumb argument.

Well, you couldn't be more stupid it seems.

If you aren't pardoned for crimes, what the hell else can you be pardoned for? unbelievably retarded

>Trump is a dangerous president.

For you.

1) By definition, you can't pardon someone if they haven't been convicted of a crime, therefore all pardons are given to people convicted of crimes.

2) This isn't even the most radical pardon in history. Andrew Johnson famously granted pardons to most of the Confederate generals, including Robert E Lee - people who half the country wanted publicly executed at the time.

If I accidentally bump into someone I usually say "Pardon me." That's something else you can be pordoned for,

you have to be 18 to post

i thought Trump was the jewish choice?
or is the jewish choice just to cause disruption to white people and regardless of who was president the same major outcomes would take place, they figure out the details as they go

>(((Harvard Constitutional Law))) professor

Doesn't understand the Constitution. KEK

Arpaio's unlawful profiling and holding were in direct violation of the 4th amendment

Which Trump has now shown no respect for

"Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment."

that law professor is drunk on Jewry.

Trump is the president and has the power to pardon whoever he wants. I think it would be an interesting question to ask whether he can pardon Manafort, Flynn, Kushner if they are charged.

I am more left on the political spectrum. So while I do know about Clinton's controversial pardons, I still disagree with Trump's current one.

I think Arpaio and his office were at the very least found, with reasonable cause, discriminating against Latinos and defied the courts order to stop. I get why Trump came out in favor of Arpaio because it aligns with his rhetoric and causes. I don'think the issue is big enough to warrant Arpaio's pardon though.

(((Noah Feldman)))

100% false.

The president has the power of pardon precisely because to keep the judiciary in check.

Besides the Jews wanted to impeach him before he was even in office. One literally wrote a book "the case for impeachment" before he was sworn in.

Judges should be held in contempt. The eternal Judge always seems to find a way to go against the general will of the population through a tortured interpretation of the law. Coincidentally, Judges seem to be disproportionately Jewish. funny how that happens

We'll, you wouldn't profile an Asian or nigger as an illegal immigrant when you share a border with Mexico.
>get pulled over
>license and ID please
Yeah sure that's fine.
>get pulled over looking like a spic
>what's you immigration status
ILLEGAL PROFILING

>unreasonable search and seizure
Profiling a Mexilard as a criminal illegal alien is perfectly reasonable.

This

I like how everyone is jumping on board when this clearly misses the point.
How do you know that someone is legal or not unless you illegally search their papers?
Obviously you racially profile them beforehand.

as a practicing attorney, I can assure you that law professors (mostly non-practicing attorneys) are useless leftist parasites

The whole point of presidential pardon is to override the legal system, including all juries and judges.

What kind of pardon *wouldn't* go against a judge decision?

When you can't think for yourself, people notice.
Sometimes I wonder if your soul is worth saving.....I hope it is....but only you can save yourself.

'Drug dealers'. Bet you they are more than that.

hehe

He just wants to keep his job, user.

washingtontimes.com/news/2017/may/25/evergreen-state-students-demand-professor-resign-f/