Is PTSD real?

Is PTSD real?

i think it's just depression.
combat gives a high
buddies are fun
then it's all gone.
warfighting also happens at an impressionable time in a man's life.

Yes and no. Being on high alert 24/7 for a year will fuck you up as will being blown up. Hyper vigilance is most certainly a thing, especially when you first get home. Honestly though it's just a matter of adjusting back to civvie life. Some guys have a harder time shutting that side down and sealing away the shit.

For wh*Tes, yes.

For real men, no.

jordan peterson did something on ptsd. look it up. sounds plausible.

so just confirming that whites have empathy and shitskins are borne from Lucifer's asshole.

In the military, we call soldiers with PTSD, pussies.

Confirming you pink chimps are bitches is all.

Yes, war is quite interesting.
It heightens all your senses, quite animalistic, our natural setting for survival that we've participated in for millennia after millennia.
I'd say that some find it more comfortable than normal life.
It varies though, some get it from the terrors of war, some getting it from being dumped back into society.

Neurological damage is real (shellshock) PTSD is not.

You're a fucking idiot. Its the nervous system's reaction to modern weapons.

Yes.

It's called learning.

Call of duty veteran right there.

They're the same thing, different name.

Yes

you're fucking high

combat high is 99% of the time outweighed by the scarring modern warfare leaves

if i showed one of my normie friends half the gruesome shit I've seen, they'd be fucking crippled

if you put people in situations where there is people dying and extreme life or death panic, most people can't cope

Shellshock is actually a bit different -- an extreme form of PTSD that's pretty much only seen in people who've been in bunkers/trenches for days while getting shelled. It also involves TBIs and being awake for several days, usually.

A different expression of PTS if you will. It rarely occurs anymore.

>Asking a bunch of autists on /pol who will never see combat if PTSD is real

Yeah, people who see combat and kill other people in unjust wars tend to feel pretty fucked up about it when they come home. It's why we spend billions trying to prevent these guys from killing themselves.

By some estimates, 20 veterans a day kill themselves. But yeah, it's all made up. You people are so fucking autistic.

Only for faggots

Have American oncle by marriage...did two tours in Vietnam as squad gunner. It's as real as being choked by him if you don't tug on a toe to roust him from a nap.

That's all it is. Just guilt because they know they killed children so some Jew could have enough money to buy a child sex slave from Ukraine.

Did you serve in Afghanistan? Can you describe what it was like?

"Mental illnesses" are just social coercion to get people to slave away to Mr.Shekelberg.

I used to be fun.

Now I forget shit a lot and can't emotionally connect with my wife. She will leave me soon and I am sad I won't have my kids, but I don't feel much of anything otherwise.

This. Veterans are using PTSD as an excuse to steal from the government. I was in, I know. Most of the fuckers are lying. People should be protesting that, not inanimate objects (statues).

Meh, I am still in and my life is pretty fucking awful because of my deployments. Wish I never went.

Some are leeches, not all though.

My grandpa came home from ww2 in 1946, he landed at normandy and fought in the battle of the bulge. He was in Germany guarding prisoners til june 1946. He came back to Kansas used his G.I. bill to enroll in business school. Every morning he would kiss my grandmother goodbye then he would sit in the park all day feeding ducks and chain smoking. He was finally found out. He also i was told would sit on the porch staring into nothingness. He eventually worked for the post office for 25 years. I knew him as a weak but kind man. At his army reunions he was treated like a hero, his buddies said he saved their lives over and over again. As an older man he was very risk averse, scared of his own shadow almost. Grandmother said the war wrecked him. So yes i would say its real

Vets are using PTSD to scam the government. I was in, I know.

Agreed. After war bringing out the biological, animalistic side of human nature, being dumped back in a society which panders to pussies will surely cause mental illness

You sound like a faggot that counted chow hall attendance and watched TCNs clean the shitters.

Yes, and it sucks! I have it.

Maybe in pog units. In combat arms almost everyone knows someone who killed themselves, turned into an alcoholic, or gets fist fulls of drugs from mental Heath. Almost everyone was on a sleep aid at least when I got back.

yeah, if you're a faggot.

Shit was fucking gay. You walk around with heavy ass shit all day and then some asshole mortars you a half mile from the COP. Then get rocketed all the time. Eventually you get a chance to kill these fuckers and you're so pissed you literally want to burst through them like a fucking alien and bathe in their juices. But you're so tired you just shoot them bunch and kick them in the balls.

Then you smoke 2 packs of shitty Korean brand smokes a day, drink 5 rip its with 2 scoops of pre workout. Do murph while blasting Nikki Minaj in the gym, jerk off into a crusty sock, and try to sleep 4 hours before assholes rocket the COP again.

gibs, I call all my pals that took government gibs niggers to their faces. Especially if they are not combat vets. Civvies are blown away when i tell them that most vets haven't done shit and are taking essentially welfare. Btw next time someone thanks you for your service reply thank YOU for your taxes. it always makes them think

Yeah man. Not much fun either.

What the fuck does that mean?

>Bosnia 1996
>Walk into tent to prep for guard duty, toss M16 on cot
>BANG!
>WTF? Someone fucking with me and chamber a round?
>Pick up rifle - nope, not fired that day
>Look over at SSG's cot and see him holding his rifle and reeling on cot, head bloodied on one side
>Suspecting freak-out, chamber round in rifle and point it at him and yell to drop rifle
>Rest of platoon barges into tent - they heard the shot
>Sees me pointing rifle at SSG
>"Heh. Ah. Fellas, it's not what you think."
>Explain situation. Everyone lowers rifles.

SSG had gotten divorce papers in the mail.
He pulled away at the last second, round went up the side of his head.
He was completely "disappeared" from the camp in less than 24 hours - even from the S1's green box.
Like he never existed in our unit.

It's the type of warfare. Something like 100 days of straight turn 99 men in a 100 insane with the other insanely psychopathic at the start. The continual shelling, the possibility of death at every turn. The vibrations of the shells are all detrimental.
I know before this it was believed the longer you stayed in combat the better you'd be at coping. The British army tried to do this but it didn't work. It's simple war fatigue that only came about with continual and total war.

You're thinking of shell shock.

This is WW2 style combat too. Modern day is insurgency based so a lot less time in actual combat.

It's actually reversed. WW2 vets saw much less combat than combat arms guys today. A combat arms guy in the mid 2000s would spend almost 2 years effectively behind enemy lines during their enlistment. Lt. Col Grossman goes over this all in his books.

Not sure if you actually sympathize with BLM, or if you're just a troll.

But if blacks had the capability to organize and fight, you would of left Africa and dominated the world.

But you didn't? Did you?

This just proves that all whites are robbers.

*Conquerers

Yes. The brain stores memories in pathways of neurons. PTSD occurs when the pathway is burn deep into the memory due to extreme stress as a survival mechanism of the brain. Things related to such a stressful event trigger the neurons along that deep pathway causing the memory to overcome the mind. Very easy to understand if you've ever researched a bit about artificial neural networks, natural ones, AI, machine learning, these all open a window into the human brain.

Please. Whites have been manipulated by the jews just as much as the other races.

I got ptsd after an accident. Dont want to get into the specifics, but it was bad and i almost died. Got severely hurt and had lots of guilt over almost killing other people. Have had some bad depressions in my life - but this made those a cakewalk. I became a complete asshole, my brain was broken was the best way I can describe it. I functioned at about 25% of my previous self in general. After a few years of therapy, massive life changes, and lithium I am 99% better.

It means those pictures were really activating those people's almonds you fucking dolt.

i see this too. It's fucking disgusting. I don't even give a shit about the money, I just don't like liars and pussies

sounds fun t b h

Yes. Its the shock of being in some shit you were not prepared for. That's why the military trains you hard to adjust you to being in shit. If you aren't ready for it your perspective gets fucked and then you need to build yourself up after the fact instead of ahead of time.

And that's not any of the other stress issues you get for 5 years of watching your ass.

It truthfully isn't that bad while you're over there. You don't even realize how fucking weird you end up until you get back. First thing I did was drink a whole bottle of cheap whiskey and spend the night yelling at my roommate's dog for not standing at parade rest.