Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IOwOK7e940o
archive.is/x1gNG
youtube.com/watch?v=EdmvnfzAc4s
twitter.com/Jlopez_Mty/status/901689820413644800
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why they build houses on swamp?

That was solid land when they built.

How is that one house still standing? White privilege?

Yes, it was the one built by white people instead of illegals.

easier to molest children in swamps

>american construction quality

one house that has concrete footing is standing wew lads?

user, no!

Why are you posting pictures of Dublin? 50-0

REKT

So I been out of the loop since last night and the news stations are faggot. Did this thing wreck shit or not?

This until about Wednesday morning.

I'm in Harris county, west Houston. The streets flooded a little and some cars got stuck in my neighborhood. It is now light thunder and sprinkling. Zero damage

Woke up at 3am yesterday to rain blowing sideways onto my windows but ever since there's basically been 45 minutes total of rain. This hurricane is a fucking joke.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!!
My street looks like a fucking river. Water is in my car already. It's getting in my garage as well.

Send me a boat, please.

Houston has been pretty lucky today, we've been between a raging band of storms and the main hurricane all day. Most of the water in East Texas drains through Houston or the Sabine River though, so it's not going to be pretty.

hmm that looks fucked

Why do people do stupid shit like this knowing it's a matter of time? Not even that long, either.

government subsidizes loans and insurance

WOMANS BODY FOUND FLOATING

Harris county over here. Didn't see it until it was too late. Water is in my care up to the windshields. Should I try to turn it on and move it or what the fuck do I do? Never had a car flooded before

Would buying Texas Construction companys stock or shares such as
Sterrling Texas Construction Inc be a good idea?

let it sit and file an insurance claim when this is all over. They will give you blue book value for it and you can use that as a downpayment on another car. Don't expect replacement, this will cost you some $

lol if the water is up to the windshield then you're not gonna be able to do anything with it. Just pray it doesn't float away. I wish you the best m8

No, because the post hurricane repairmen are fly-by-night people that are banking on stress and trauma. They aren't actual businesses.

you should have rolled up the windows

RIP your car, bro.

Windows are rolled up.

Stick your keys in there.
You'll get a free man.

I'm in Corpus Christi. Just normal wind damage here. We were supposed to get a direct hit but Rockport got rekt. You should be talking about that. They will need help.

Make sure you use a GFI on any appliance that may get wet. You don't want to short anything.

I'm too busy being sick with worry that my house will flood for the third time in two years.

>government subsidizes loans and insurance

It's funny the USA government is getting out of the flood insurance business at the end of the summer. This storm is going to fuck things up like crazy

archive.is/x1gNG

it's too late.

Piss on it

Good luck Tex. I hope it's not as bad as they are saying.

HELP THE WATER IS 6 FEET FROM MY HOUSE HOLY SHIT

IT'S GETTING IN IT'S JUST A MATTER OF TIME

But won't it need some major infastructure repairmen?

Move all your important crap to a higher place. Make sure to unplug your electrical stuff.

I wish you the best of luck my friend.

We are getting hit fucking hard.

I've been without electricity for two days. Not too bad since it's not raining here anymore to get air.

Livestreams:
youtube.com/watch?v=EdmvnfzAc4s

comfy happening thread:

Don't worry, Cemex will be there to fix the roads. Just started raining like crazy here btw.

its done. hope insurance covers it.

poor lady

It's raining.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>posts on twitter but "911 isn't working"
She wants a bunch of men to risk their lives to save her ass

Na just stupid

Medical Center, right next to NRG stadium here. Been raining lightly for a couple hours now. The street drain outside my apartment window seems full and water is starting to pool around it, forming a pretty large puddle. Parking lots still seem fine though.

Looks like I'll be going to work Monday. Weak ass (((hurricane))).

100 miles inland, NW of Houston.
It's been non-stop rain all day, but other than that not much.

She is fine, all she needs to do is think about being saved long enough to become a reality!

Houston here
>whew lads, my truck was in the street and almost got flooded, I moved just before it got to the doors. Exhaust was submerged, but I was able to start it.
>Entire street flooded
>Water creeping up in yard
>rain stopped now, water going down.
>hopefully new bands don't form and dump even more rain on us, the bayous can't handle it

Yeah, you're going to work Monday. It's pouring right now on the north side. Every Creek, Bayou, and River is going to flood like crazy.

Poor woman, a shame that hurricane just popped up out of nowhere.

Water is dying down. It's finally over

What part of town? Just getting our first big downpour of the day right now. Well, at least since 8am.

It kind of did.

Me and my friend, both drunk, want to know what houston flooding is like atm?

>inb4 google

bruh nah 100 lit

R I S I N G . D A M P

No it's not. The storm is not going anywhere. Also water is going to keep draining and flash flooding everywhere.

70% of people are without power in my area. Its hot as fuck and theres no breeze. Im cooking here.

i look forward to Trump blaming the "fake scientists" at NOAA for not giving the government enough warning.

So buy Cemex stock?

Montrosefag here. Neighborhood is like half flooded, half not. Some dumbasses in an ATV decided to go play in flooded street, don't know how that worked out for them--you can hit all kinds of shit, and EMS can't get to you.

Told friends to move cars into high parking garages before storm hit, looks like I was right.

If water starts getting up into house, be ready to cut power via breaker and kill gas.

You fags stay safe and dry, okay?

lol i remember when houstonfags were saying this 12 hours ago

They told us it would hit a a Cat 1 and less than a day later it was a Cat 4. Not much time to leave. I prep so I was good.

Normal flooding places are flooded right now. We have 3 days of rain to go. Will probably be underwater before the end of the week.

Pasadena/Deer Park line here, my street is pretty much entirely flooded and the water is gonna start coming up into my yard soon.

Power across the street from me is out and mine went out for a few seconds, we got such a huge surge it burned out one of my backup power units, internet still works though.

the rain is nowhere near stopping, I'm worried about if the ditch behind my house over-tops then I'm 'actually' fucked.

We've had 2 different tornado warnings here too and the chemical plants blew off the sirens for us, those seem to be over for the moment though but we're still in the middle of a rain-band that isn't even halfway through, and there's still the entire rest of the storm behind it, so.

TL:DR gg lads, hope i still have a house and a car by Friday.

What I don't get is why build a wooden house, why not build something out of concrete or aircrete

On the Mexican stock market, sure.

Also keep in mind my neighborhood almost never floods, so if I'm flooding then almost certainly everything else has already long-since flooded.

The hurricane passed already how the fuck is it not over, my car is dead.

NAFTA ensures there will be no extra fees

La Portian here again. Raining non stop but otherwise fine. I recorded a video of constant thunder I might upload.

Im in Corpus btw. The area is almost pure black because so few people have power. At least the cell towers are still working so I can post.

I'd like to see that.
>Kingwood here

Nassau Bay here, streets are flooded. Water has a way to go before it reaches the house though. i don't trust these jewish weather men to tell me anything except that the hurricane exists

this is how it looks in my area

NYSE: HD
everyting Murica needs to throw up another shoebox. Till the next wind blows.

No the hurricane did not pass. It became a tropical storm and it's just sitting here. It's predicted that the rain bands are going to keep circling over Houston for the next several days.

Gonna get bad lads :/

twitter.com/Jlopez_Mty/status/901689820413644800

That's how it was after Ike. I was too cheap to buy a generator so I had a 1200W inverter on my truck's battery to power the cable box, tv, a fan, lamp, and the dsl modem.
Good times.

>The hurricane passed already

wrong

Aww, the little house that could.

looking gooood

Next to NRG stadium
Gparents in Pasadena tho, that's what I'm worried about

I just moved into Houston last year why the fuck does it flood so easily compared to other places around here

dang that is crazy

East of 45 has been pretty calm today, the band that's hitting us now has been mostly over Beaumont all day. If they didn't flood last year, they're fine. Where I live we are about 19 feet on the river away from the tax day flood.

What happened with the shooting last night?

It worked for Washington DC

>how the fuck is it not over
It looks like it's just going to sit on the coast so it can keep gathering sea humidity to dump water on SE Texas.

>hurricane coming
>in direct path
>decide to wait it out with her children
#DARWIN'D