How did obesity become so prevalent in USA?

How did obesity become so prevalent in USA?

time.com/4359637/obesity-americans-women-men/

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/vx9jU
cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db131.pdf
gallup.com/poll/155735/blacks-likely-obese-asians-least.aspx
cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db50.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1781385/
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/oby.20018/full
cdc.gov/diabetes/pubs/statsreport14/national-diabetes-report-web.pdf
youtu.be/H-9UpGFVMsk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Remember to archive archive.is/vx9jU

Jews
No literally

Capitalist Jews putting too much of X substance in food to lower costs and keep it tasting alright.

the you "can't fat shame anyone" movement + "muh thick models" + cheap burgerland grease food

Am I seriously the only one who thinks you weenies have your standards set too high and that's why you're virgins?

Yeah I'm a fat female person of color (only go to Sup Forums for the /got/ threads), but even I have had much more sex than you pasty fuccbois

Blacks have the highest age-adjusted rates of obesity (47.8%) followed by Hispanics (42.5%), whites (32.6%), and Asians (10.8%).
Obesity is significantly more common among black women (56.6%) than black men (37.1%).
cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db131.pdf

Blacks are among the most likely in the United States to be VERY obese, with about 9% falling into obese class II and 6% obese class III -- the highest Body Mass Index (BMI) categories.
gallup.com/poll/155735/blacks-likely-obese-asians-least.aspx

Among Black and Mexican-American men, those with higher incomes are more likely to have obesity than those with low income.
cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db50.pdf

Children’s problems with overweight and obesity begin as early as age 3, and Hispanic children and those with obese mothers are especially at risk.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1781385/

Childhood general intelligence has a direct effect on adult BMI, obesity, and weight gain, net of education, earnings, mother's BMI, father's BMI, childhood social class, and sex. More intelligent children grow up to eat more healthy foods and exercise more frequently as adults.
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/oby.20018/full

Among people aged 20 years or older in the U.S. (2010–2012) the rate of diabetes was lowest among whites and highest among blacks and American Indians/Alaska Natives.
cdc.gov/diabetes/pubs/statsreport14/national-diabetes-report-web.pdf

>just expecting women and humans in general to not be obese
>standards too high

USDA policy pushed small family farms out in favor of very large scale cash crops mainly corn and since then corn derivatives have been used in pretty much everything around us.

40%? It's 70%. You have to add all the overweight people to the stats. Just using the obesity meme is bs.

In pic related right is "obese" and left is "overweight". But the left is not in the 40%, which is sort of meant to say "look, being overweight is 'normal'", which is bs!

youtu.be/H-9UpGFVMsk

X = Sugar even milk and Mayo had sugar

So.... fat is the new skinny, huh?

Time to invest in gastric bypass clinics.

>Jews advertising to everyone to make cash.
>Jews putting sugar and soy(feminizing the body which increases fat and weakens the mind.) in everything.
>Encouraging activities like sitting and watching Jewish made tv programs instead of going out and exercising.

Corn and Sugar overdose.

Lack of proper information about healthy eating, cheaper processed foods than produce, and stuff like that. Biggest thing is not teaching kids about calories and carbs and sugar and what the nutritional facts on literally everything here in the states means. I didn't know. I'm 25 now, was just under 400lb at my heaviest, I'm down to 320 now. Still got a long way to go, obviously, but literally cutting out soda, and getting a job that allowed me to get real food instead of having to buy ramen, cheap pasta, and mcdonalds.

Also a lot of people don't have friends or people to help them out when they try to lose weight and that is a HUGE thing. weight watchers was interesting in the mid 2000s before the internet took off in the normiesphere, but now you can find other people going to gyms near you in a matter of minutes with tons of apps and shit, I've met some great friends, including some other fat guys who've started losing weight with me. It's nice to have someone else to... Not compete with, but match up against, friendly challenges to see who loses more weight, who made better meals, that sort of gay shit.

tl;dr lack of information, no proper schooling about food nutrition. There never was, and now more than ever it's incredibly important when kids see a mcdouble for a dollar versus a single apple for like $1.37. They don't understand how sugar plays with their body and causes diabetes either, and that's an immediate, critical concern.

Actually, the jews shot themselves in the foot with this one.

Their propaganda and mind control is about making goy unbreedable.....

It's more difficult than you think it might be to make a woman unbreedable.

But some of the dumber ones fall right for it, destroy their personality, mentality, worldview, economic situations, etc....

And the females that are dumber (those who fall for more of the propaganda) have a lower reproductive success rate due to the anti-goy-breeding propaganda.

This in essense creates an environmental effect on breeding, causing more intelligent goy women to breed than dumb goy women.

So, now they are pushing fat acceptance, in order to compensate for their propaganda interference oversight.

SUPAH STRETCH SKINNY........................What the fuck ?

I really dont understand it. Like I can at least appreciate people falling for bad loans, bad credit deals, being piss poor money managers, etc. because those skills arent always taught and the information on how those things really do work is often purposefully withheld.

The nutrition facts are right on the package. The information is forcibly given to consumers. And its ignored.

>Healthy food is expensive
>Mcdonalds is cheaper

Bullshit

Just dont be obese isn't a very high standard, chubs.

(((body positivity)))

It's because most people never even think of looking at it. I sure as hell didn't. And on top of that, they never learn (nowadays, don't have the willpower to bother learning) what all that shit means. Lots of people still don't know that you should be eating 30g processed sugar a DAY, MAXIMUM. And that a 20oz bottle of soda has five times that in it.
Don't know about where you are but here in colorado it's $7.22 for that same package of eggs. I guess it varies depending on where you live but by and far people are going to be lazy and buy whatever's cheaper and will fill them up.

Food with dogshit nutritional value.

fat nigger Bitch ? of course you gotta let everyone you come across fuck you DOSE GIBS GODDA GOME SOMEWHERE

jews

Calorie Shoah, we burned 6 Million

>This bitch in the comments

>women are 40% fat

You can literally see this if you walk outside for a day. Fucking whores are lazy gluttons.

Obesity is based on body mass index. A BMI of 30+ is obese. BMI = weight in kg / (height in meters)^2. I need a bodyfat percentage of about 2% to be in the upper limit of normal BMI range...

Consumerism, convenience and pursuit of pleasure.

No one is adding sugar into milk.
Dairy has natural sugar in it, lactose itself is a sugar.

Corn syrup. You niggies put it in everything. Literally fucking everything. Ban the addition of sugars in food and see what happens.

>You can literally see this if you walk outside for a day.

fat people dont walk outside though.

>t. poorfag who literally walks everywhere everyday

I'm not shopping at wholefoods, greatvalue is walmart or sams club brand you cocksnorkeler. Of all the things to lie about, why try and pretend that the mass produced garbage that's causing this epidemic isn't dirt cheap, far cheaper than any healthy alternative

Real women have curves. Deal with it.

>eggs causing the obesity epidemic
It's literally as simple as calories in calories out.

Dude it's just metabolism and genetics, human just evolved in the past 50 years to put on more body mass. It's normal, get with the times!

>40%? It's 70%. You have to add all the overweight people to the stats. Just using the obesity meme is bs.

kraut is right. ever since moving back to burgerland i've gained about 15 pounds i don't need. i'm still 12-15 pounds from being considered 'overweight', but desu it's already affected my ability to run long distances. anyone 'overweight' is definitely going to have health problems at least in the long term from their weight.

>baaaw eggs cost 3 dollars a dozen

Add a loaf of bread for 5 dollars and 50 cents of butter for your pan and you have breakfast for 5 days @ 8.50 all in.

Why do you go on Sup Forums and ask stupid fucking questions every one already have known the answer to for decades? Does it bring you pleasure? Is it a board sliding tactic?

>Lack of proper information

doesn't help that the fedgovernment pimped the food pyramid for decades, in which carbs were the bottom of the pyramid and visibly the most important part of a diet.

SHART

I
N

MART
A
R
T

You missed his post I guess. He was saying that buying 60 eggs was more appealing to your average hamplanet than buying a dollar mcdonalds sandwich.

Blaming McDonalds is stupid as blaming eggs if you eat triple the amount you're supposed to in calories..

Obesity is directly linked to stupidity. If you're too stupid to understand the health risks of eating shitty food and getting fat then you should pay the price. We need to stop fat enabling and go back to shaming.

It's BMI which is more relevant to low test/high estrogen females that don't have much muscle mass. I have a score of 31, have been for years while hovering around 12% bf.

I'm sorry, I should have got more specific. You can literally see this as they struggle to reach the doors of the local walmart because all the handicap spaces were taken by other fatties.

Am I the only one who doesn't experience that much obesity in America? Most of the women I see from day to day are 90 lb womanlets.

Mass production making food too calorie dense. Try and find a fruit or vegetable or a peice of untampered meat or fish that gives you 500/1000 calories in a small serving. But if mass production of processed foods stopped tomorrow I dont think there would be enough supply of fresh vegetables and fruits and meat to feed everyone, so maybe processed foods are a nessasary evil and a better alternative than starvation but that means you are condeming people to a life of potential obseity in the process.

>No one is adding sugar into milk.

the chinese do

as an aside, the chinese are putting sugar in fucking everything, and diabetes rates are skyrocketing. they'll catch up to burgerland soon, and i ain't even joking.

You have just lowered your standard to where chubby women look normal. It's why they pushed the "thicc" meme.

I'm guessing it has to do with the ways in which we changed our food in the decades following WWII.

Namely, growth hormones in meat products coupled with fertilizers and possibly pesticides in our crops. The human body is far more complex than we are able to fully understand at present, and the hundreds of new substances we've been introducing to it through our food in recent decades likely had all kinds of unintended consequences.

Or, people just need to stop stuffing their faces with cakes and soda.

Americans eat mostly ultra-processed junk food, fast food and restaurant food and little to no normal, unprocessed food. Ultra-processed food is tasty but not very satiating so you tend to eat too many calories.

Wow, that was difficult

I don't know why but I feel the US is pre-disposed to this shit. After moving to the US from leaf-land k gained 30 lbs for literally no reason. I kept the same diet but (((they))) must be putting something in the food

T H I C C

sugars and refined grains. the bombers lapped that shit up and fed it to their kids.

Which state do you live? If you want to see local planets, come down to Texas. You will be star struck.

This plus a culture that increasingly promotes a lack of self-responsibility, same reason we have commies running around.

Is this how retarded people are on Sup Forums or are they just intellectually dishonest? Blaming (((them))) for all your stupid problems in life is going to make you a huge fucking failure.

You gained 30lbs because you ate a lot more you fucking moron. Everything is a larger portion in America, which is great money-wise, just adjust your eating habits.

People stopped smoking. Nicotine is an appetite suppressant.

Other countries that stopped smoking have experienced the same phenomenon.

dumb ass... men have it harder earlier in life. Women have it harder later in life. Of course you have more sex than us, you lose your virginity on average between 16-18, we lose ours in our 20s. And you roastie whores will end up either single or single mothers at 40.

Oops

Even the Asians are getting fat

I don't know where you're spending your time but it seems out of the ordinary. Go to your local supermarket and spend a couple hours walking around. Unless you live in a very high income area where everyone is health obsessed I think you haven't been looking much.

user, most women in the US are fucking hamgalaxies or well on their way to being one. It's depressing as a society to be honest.

No one exercises in America. Even the military is starting to get fatties, gubment makes it near impossible to kick them out.

That's insanely cheap.

Where at?

>women have it harder later in life
lol no, there's plenty of betas to choose from

mexicans

look at your female Celebrities..being fat is cool now.

(((They))) are giving healthcare advise. Pretty much everything you were told in nutrition classes is made up of lies. Fat is good for the body, (not trans fats) and sugar causes the body to get fat. Fatfree milk has higher levels of sugar than Whole Milk or 2%. Carbs outside of Fiber are killing us. Carbs are also the cheapest foods to buy like spaghetti and tortillas.

Eat like a diabetic on a ketogenic diet and you will be alright. Oh and guess what Bacon is God's gift to losing weight and gaining muscle.

It's good for business and as far as I heard usa is all about it.

>imblying eggs are healthy
neck urself :DDDDDDDD

great value is a walshart brand

Distracted eating is a major factor. You need to focus all of your attention on the food that you are eating. Look at it. Watch it as you bring the bite to your mouth. You will enjoy it more so you will chew it longer. It will be easier to eat smaller portions and eat less often. Feeling full is a mental thing. No TV while you eat. No internet while you eat. Eat alone if you can. Learn what a sensible portion is.

I'm well aware, but even that has to be regional. You can't buy them at my Wal-Mart at that price.

>Feeling full is a mental thing.
False

americans dont really care about celebrities anymore, that is just an exported culture.

I agree and also the standards are too lenient for women, the one on the left should also be considered obese. Switching from BMI to waist height ratio would do a lot of good since it would eliminate all of the bullshit about muh muscles and muh big bones.

It's because I'd rather fuck my hand than deal with the mental problems of some roastie.

i imagine that these were heavily discounted for some reason, probably due to a freak oversupply event at that one walmart.

typically in the midwest, southwest and florida i see eggs at $1/dozen. that's still really, really cheap in my opinion. i know it's an extreme comparison, but eggs in venezuela have been going for $10/egg for the past year ($120/dozen).

Women are natural cows, let them be fat.

>implying women want betas

kek, an older woman will never get a man with the income shes looking for, unless she's rich herself (which is rare). A mans monetary success is like crack to women, and older men have that in spades. You look at any marriage graph and it will show men marry down in age, never up.

Literally my only standard is not be fat, how hard is that to ask for?

Coming back to the US from visiting Europe is like walking into a country-sized Walmart

And retardation apparently. And you wonder why so many of us said "Ew, no fuck that!" and remained virgins?

>40% of women are now obese
sounds like a conservative estimate

now a graph about using corn-syrup

Why? They just eat too much, especialy sugar and processed garbage.
Unfortunately they are exporting their disgusting habits to the rest of the world so I expect similar patterns elsewhere.

you dumb fucking nigger loving fag fucker
t. landscaper who works 6 10 hour shifts a week

As a tranny hooker I have this to say

Keep getting fat you cows. And I'll keep making this money. Damn woman are so shit these days; even men make better women lmao!!!

PUT DOWN THE MCDONALDS!

There's plenty of betas with high income, look at professors and the like. Usually cucked leftists.

> I have no self-control and can't stop eating
> since I have no self-control I also have no sense of responsibility
> I know, I'll blame the jews!

really makes you think

The whole West and especially the US and the UK have a sugar consumption problem, eating BBQ and red meat doesnt turn you into a human whale, sweet sodas, and the eternal sauces you dip your salad in do

>You look at any marriage graph and it will show men marry down in age, never up.

generally speaking you're right

You can just look at a plate while you putting food on it and don't eat much more. Either way from my experience fat people just like to eat and circumstances don't matter.

/thread