Ancap can't work

>Ancap can't work

This is a picture of Kowloon City, a lawless section of land between Hong Kong and China. At its peak, it was inhabited by more than fifty thousand people. There were no building regulations, no power regulations, no law whatsoever, no taxes and of course no government. It was eventually forcefully cleared out and levelled by the communist government of China, because they did not want the world to know that life without governance can be attained.

It was also a shithole lol

even the people on /r9k/ post the documentaries when they post about Kowloon.
you're useless

Everyone there had access to electricity. The same can not be said about your shithole of a country.

that's it! that is where the hive queen's nest is! we must destroy the eggs before they hatch!

>Ancap can't work
Wow, how long did it take you to figure that out?

Never thought about kowloon city as an ancap society. Actually i only associate it with Bloodsport and Shenmue

Looks like hell on earth desu. But I don't think there are many here who would say ancap can't work. I think it's fairly obvious that society can continue in that state, but might not function optimally.

And to some extent, we want social safety nets and regulations to stop the most powerful from effectively turning it into a plutocracy. And that's the kicker with all anarchist ideologies - they all eventually yield some sort of authority. Whether it's the group that protects the collective, or a group that pulls a hostile takeover, someone is going to be running the show. Unless you have some centralized authority that enforces ancap rules, that's what'll happen.

But you can get pretty close. Then you wind up with something similar to 1910s USA. Which can be great for a few, but harsh for many.

>ancaptown
>a fucking shithole
HHmm

Alright buddy, you do you

>you can build everything you want
>build commie blocks

YouCouldHaveUsed19thCenturyAmericaDesu.png

> 19th century America was Anarchy

Mhm you're not the smartest one around are you?

>You will never be this comfy in ancap world

>Lebanon
>calling something a shithole

As an example of minimal government intervention + flourishing society, not anarchy Kraut.

Are you feelin' it yet?

They had to be forced, by government, at gunpoint, to leave.

The monsters who control governments didn't want the world to find out that life without them, is infinitely better, than life with them.

>Live at the point of a gun, at the mercy of government, while they tax you to death

or

>Glorious freedom, no taxes no police no licenses for anything.

hmmm no wonder they had to force them out at gunpoint the choice is obvious.

>Acknowledges Lebanon is a shithole too
Now what do you got?

Looks incredible.

The fact it was a shithole has more to do with the environment and the culture of the people rather than the actual system of anarcho capitalism. If anything, this proves that it can work in even some of the worst scenarios. Just look at how many people managed to live in such a small place. Most of the people who lived there were probably the urban poor. People who would alternatively be on the streets in a statist society.

Still has better infrastructure than the entirety of the USA.

>You will never own a comfy ancap metal working store in a 40 square foot room on the twentieth floor

My reply wasn't directed at anarcho capitalism, I just believe Kowloon city is a shoddy example. I'm pretty libertard on most issues.

>It looks like shit

ok cool

Are commieblocks, dare I say, /ourbuilding/?

> there was no building regulator in a block of flats
> there was no power regulator in a block of flats
> there were no police in a block of flats
> there was no taxing in a block of flats
> there was no government in a block of flats

It's like you don't even know what a block of flats is, you stupid cunt.

Kowloon City can only exist because there's a big government surrounding and PROTECTING IT. Try this on some "free clay" and watch as it instantly gets taken over and subjugated by literally anyone else.

libshit detected

These are still the Chinese we are talking about.

Kowloon no longer exists. It took the police (with paramilitary elements) over three years to clear it out. Eventually they just resorted to tearing shit down with people still in it.

looks like a giant pile of shit.

also,
>>It was eventually forcefully cleared out and levelled by the communist government of China

Is exactly why any anarchism will never work

God fucking damn that place couldve been cyberpunk as fuck in the future

It's not flat at all. Why do you keep saying it's flat?

in some ways this place looks comfy as fuck, if it looked the same but was a lot less dangerous it seems like a neat place to visit.

>life without governance
I wouldn't say Kowloon City didn't have governance. It's just that the governance was provided by organized crime. Ancap society is a joke, it will never exist. Someone is always going to be in charge, just making them non-elected criminals doesn't change that.

it was a hellhole in terms of comfort.

>communist government of China
Cool story bro, it was torn down in 1993 by Britain.

WRONG, the whites of South Africa are currently developing a comprehensive ancap society, with private emergency response teams simply out of the drive to survive under a government that actively wants them dead and willfully withholds enforcing the law for them. What you think is some fragile flower is actually an indestructible swath of vines, and comes about not when things are easy, but when they are hard.

>Implying this isn't the comfiest store you have ever seen

Everything is for sale. Even the boy.

i just like the idea of vertical cities. used to have dreams where i was in the giant complexes that are just like random buildings stuck together with all these little pathways.

seems kind of fun besides it being deathtrap.

This is actually the perfect example of how stupid anarcho-anythings are. Kowloon was controlled by gangs, with their own rules and protection rackets. Just because there is nothing that you call a 'state' does not change human behavior. Just because you don't call the people organized to use force in defence of their property a 'police force' doesn't change what they do. Just because you don't call the collections/extortions 'taxes' doesn't change what they are.

>Let's go back to my place

This. That's why at least a minimal state is still needed.

Looks quaint, though, I don't deny it

The government was the triads, and it wasn't commies who knocked it down.

I'm pretty damn sure the population had to pay money to the Triad's, the Chinese mafia.

Who built it? How did they build it? It should have been abandoned, not destroyed and left as a monument to ancap.

Ancap can work up until the point where somebody realizes they have the means to seize control of everything.

This. The concepts for John Woo films came from the chaotic, weak-state places in Hong Kong

I wonder...

If that swirling cauldron of AIDS proves that Ancap works, what can a superpower that had nukes and pioneered space prove about Communism?

>guilt so close together they dont need roads

Commieblocks don't look like they were built out of trash by Wall-E, though.

but they literally do

Roads are jewish inventions.
>Still using the walky-driveroo jew

This looks appealing to you?

any place as overpopulated as Kowloon would become a shithole pretty quickly
that said, one of the reasons it flourished is likely because it was right next to Hong Kong, meaning it had access to outside services like grocery stores and power plants and water purification

Isn't also telling that your shitty ancap experiment was fucked over by a much larger and more powerful government?

>looks well built, if old and dirty
>looks like a literal trash heap
Just because you insist on something, doesn't make it true.

>honey, you'll be late for school

>If that swirling cauldron of AIDS proves that Ancap works, what can a superpower that had nukes and pioneered space prove about Communism?

On was put into the ground by satly commies, while the other collapsed on itself due to not working.

Also, one was built on a tiny spec of land with no ressources, the other had 1/6th of the world under its rule and still couldn't manage to provide basic goods to its people.

You should change the Ancap ball with the Libertarian Party ball.

>FUCKA YOU PLANE

Ancap worked there.

The the government came and razed it to the ground.

Pottery.

>the documentaries
pls gib

>mafia ran rampant in ancapistan
Pottery

What a shame.

With time and the growing income of the local population, that place would have end up becoming a nice curiosity for turists to visit.

Kinda like the old favelas in Buenos Aires that became the colorfull neighborhood every turist wants to visit.

And that's about the last of my ammo. Discuss.

>chair gives massages every time plane flies by.
comfy.

>50 thousand people used to live there
>Now it's a flat town

>had

How the fuck did that lump of shit ever get to 50,000 fuckin people?
I have no idea why anyone would think a city is a good place to live, much less a lawless shithole like that.
Seriously, what draws someone to that?

the fact that communism is even shittier

It was also one of the few 14 stories tall building without any foundation.

I don't get your argument OP.
Even the most hellish city on this planet which is struck by poverty and crime and anarchy is still a populated city with people surviving;
because human life finds a way like cockroaches do in whatever situation.
Having a living populace in a state of despair and anarchy still doesn't make despair and anarchy justified, and that's what Kowloon was as reported and recorded even by plenty of Western most staunch anti-China journalists and activists.
The only difference between people surviving in a sewer and people surviving in Kowloon is that one was a sewer above ground.

In a limited cubic space, you would will always end up with a bloc.

The buildings couldn't go any higher than what they were because of the airport.

People chose freedom over a slightly better quality of life under a very autoritarian state.

>look at this shithole!
>isn't it just the paradise?
>cmon you guise be ancap so we can all live in hell
there is not much to discuss desu

kinky

god living there must have been so comfy and life threatening at the same time

i wonder what happened to all the people living there. They all just were forced to get normal jobs and had to buy their own houses?

You must be one of -those- people who are comfortable living in dumps.

The schools turned to strip clubs and brothels at night there.
The place was not only a fucking dump, but it was very dangerous in its physical stability, not to mention that if a fire broke out, it would've been game over. Bye bye fifty thousand people.
I'm sure more educated people wrote articles about how bad of an idea this was, albeit an interesting concept applied.

Looks like a commie block.

>Having a living populace in a state of despair and anarchy still doesn't make despair and anarchy justified, and that's what Kowloon was as reported and recorded even by plenty of Western most staunch anti-China journalists and activists.

Actually Kowloon was pretty comfy for most residents. Sure they had their sections filled with strange types, but most people were very sad when it got torn down.

They got kicked to the curb.

one building fire and the whole ugly complex would be torched.

building codes are put in place for a reason you anarchist cucktard.

>The schools turned to strip clubs and brothels at night there
now that's what I call economizing