I'm so tired of the university meme, Sup Forums. I'm just burnt...

I'm so tired of the university meme, Sup Forums. I'm just burnt, I don't want to do it anymore and I feel a growing anxiety every passing semester. I want to get out, but I don't know what I'd do if I did. My student job depends on me being a student. I just want to leave. I feel like such a brainlet sometimes.

Since I don't want to make this thread (solely) a blog post, subject of the thread is:

Discuss the absolute state of academia today, and viable alternatives as well as how to get there for those who are finding they aren't quite cut out for it.

The difference between a dream and a goal is a plan.

What's wrong user? Tell uncle Sup Forums what happened...

start writing a detailed plan down.

1 week.

1 month.

6 months.

1 year.

5 years

AND FUCKING HAVE SELF DISCIPLINE

>he actually fell for the college meme

have fun with your debt and drug addiction you yuppie faggot ! also have fun joining your local anti-fa chapter in like 6 months

Never been much of a planner. I hate writing down things like that and even more so forcing myself to adhere to them. I'm more of a go with the flow and adjust course as necessary kind of guy. The forced obligation is what keeps growing my anxiety in the first place.

Nothing in particular. I'm just tired, and I've been growing more and more jaded and 'crusty' with every passing semester. Very few classes I actually enjoy and help further what I want to do.

You have to plan thats literally the only way

What are you studying?

How much money did you waste so far to get a piece of paper that proves you know how to do something that you have no practical experience performing?

How much of that material is available for free?

What good is a plan if I write it down and then never look at it again, either through forgetfulness or laziness? Planners just never suited me for that exact reason.

Info Engr Tech (IET). It's an intermediary program for those a step above a simple technician but also for those who are too much of a brainlet for actual CE/EE.

I was rarely ever doing it for the degree itself, it's the invaluable connections and people you meet, particularly in my industry.

well look bro you're on Sup Forums literally complaining about your life instead of taking initiative and doing something?

You know every descision you make is based out of fear? What are you scared of? Just do what ur fucking gut is telling you. Ur intuition won't lead you the wrong way if you trust it.

and what do you do that is better user?

Well my 'gut' is saying to drop out, move and find work out of town, whether it's unskilled labor or skilled work in what I do now. But there are a lot of unintended consequences that may come from that, and disappointment from my parents. That, I believe is one of the biggest, if not the biggest, reasons that people who find themselves in my situation or very similar from going through with it and doing what their 'gut' says.

Obligations and responsibilities of home and such. But I feel like I'm reaching that point that I don't really care so much anymore.

Whats worse disappointing ur parents or disappointing urself?

You have to be you. Don't pretend to be someone else because of expectations.

My immediate response is my parents, so long as they are alive. But once they're gone, only myself.

I'm about to start collage tommarow. Any advice is appreciated bros. how should I treat school work/ how much time should I invest in my work every day.

pick 2

Social Life

Grades

Sleep.

Well, as the OP with several semesters under my belt, and the wisdom of Sup Forums past, I say, only do if you KNOW what you are going to college for. There can be no half-assing it, especially in the first few semesters. Those first few semesters are your most critical and will absolutely make or break how you do later on.

Your GPA gets manipulated the most as a Freshman and Sophomore since you have less grades to average out. Once you get into your Junior and Senior+ semesters, GPA won't matter so much since you now have many more grades to average out.

But beyond grades and shit, the most important thing is to do it ONLY if you KNOW what you want to do, AND it is in an economically viable market. No basket weaving or gender studies. Once you have these questions answered and solidified, NETWORK like fucking crazy. Get to know your professors who will be able to open up academic and career doors for you. The more people you know and the more of a reputation you build up for yourself, the much higher chance you have of actually getting out successful.

That should about cover the major points of it all.

don't waste the time that you are spending there, do something meaningful because You want to do it

/biz/, crypto, escape. you figure out the rest.

i dropped out literally because i refused to write papers pretending i cared about little nigglets and poc.

I feel myself in a little bit of bind. Like I mentioned, I'm a student employee, and my employment status depends on my academic status. I like my job and I really like my coworkers and boss, but I hate the latter part of it all. If only I could keep my job without the academic part, I would. But I can't.

So my only other options is keep going, or find another path.

I know your pain.
I'm working on a fucking English degree.
I had my "awakening" about halfway through and now I just feel like I fucked myself.

>I'm about to start collage tommarow
Learn to spell

It just gets worse once you graduate and have to work

That's semi-part of it for me too, but not specifically that, as my Uni is 100% pozzed like most Ivy leagues and others. But just the fact that I have to take these courses which lecture me on "academic integrity" which is a laughable concept in today's climate, and then dealing with the other people themselves, wew that's another matter entirely.

Particularly the lower level 100-200 level courses, it literally feels like I'm talking to an extension of high schoolers as far as their answers and responses go. It's all basic bitch shit.

>as my Uni is 100% pozzed like most Ivy leagues and others
As my Uni ISN"T 100% pozzed

The main problems of academia today are

>1. Too many useless departments
See: Grievance studies
>2. Too many administrators
>3. Affirmative action
>4. Underfunding of actually-useful fields

All of which lead to high tuition costs. Fortunately I graduated without any debt in a STEM field from a good school due to scholarships.

Succeed at university by getting a decent major (anything that isn't a pure bs major and has at least some numbers, even a business major costs here).

Internships. Being a student opens doors that non students don't have. Get a good internship in the summers to get a resume, real world experience, and maybe line up a post undergrad job.

It sucks but stick with it.

This is true. The absolute pants-on-head retardedness of the Bureaucracy is another factor, especially for one that is facing financial crises (as seemingly many are these days).

"Costs" should be "counts".

It's called graduating, you stupid fuck.

The only thing worse than going to college, is being a college drop out. See it through breh,

>actually fell
>Implying it's an uncommon thing

Calm down edge lord.

The reason they're facing financial crises is that the bureaucracy keeps growing.

I feel ya, luckily I'm graduating this semester so I'm almost out of this hell-hole. Just trudge through, you'll regret getting this far and quitting.

If your parents are paying or have paid in any way for your college education then I think you should stay.

If not, it's your money you're spending.

I'm have a full tuition of scholarships and a little extra, which is why I'm completing my degree.

The thing is, I want to, but they make it so that I feel less and less inclined to finish it. I look at myself at the current stage in the road, compare it those who are also in the same place as well as those who made it to the end, and the only thing I see in common is that it was not the courses or degree at all that allowed the few that got jobs to get their jobs. It was always because they knew somebody else, which gave them that leg up.

Every passing semester, I question even more if it's actually worth anything at all beyond the connections I make.

this...this is me? Did I wake up from a dream and forget I made this thread???

I'm only like halfway credit-wise. I'm deep, but not ultra deep in the hole.

I pay for most of it with some help. But like I said earlier, my parents have this grand(er) notion about me about how I'm doing so well and "have my head screwed on right" (oh if only they could see inside), and I'm caught up in that web of obligation now, which I hate more than anything.

Have you looked into coops and such? A coop would be a good break from classes and give you some useful experience. Are you in any clubs? Sports clubs specifically would be a good way to take your mind off the monotony, keep you fit and hopefully give you a group of people you can form a bond with.

I tried to get an internship last semester, never got a response back, figured I was still too "fresh" for them. But yes, I've given many considerations for co-ops and such, just haven't found one that interests me. I was in a club (not going to say for fear of doxx), and I go to the gym.

Academia is a liberal communist prison and a waste of money. Breed, and get your kids into a trade of some sort. Something that can't be replaced by robots.

illegal luxury life,son.
dignity is more important than freedom.
if you cant feed yourself you are not a man,so,feed yourself,however you can/have to.

Synchronicity, breh

Do engineering, it's the only guaranteed pathway to at least 60k a year income straight out of college. Every other STEM degree is a meme as worthless as English or Gender studies degrees.

>tfw the 6 months plan is the same as the 5 years plan

>viable alternatives as well as how to get there for those who are finding they aren't quite cut out for it
see

>There can be no half-assing it

It's not enough to be "good enough" for getting employment like your parents and grandparents could. You need to go above and beyond, aim to be in the top 1%, while never falling out of the top 5%. Anything else is a glutton for disappointment.

t. top 50% chem major unemployed 3 years

The education system has really been completely taken over by Marxists. Pretty much every white guy who isn't a complete cuck or genius feels similar to you. How far along are you and in what major? If you're getting along ok and have a defined career path I'd say to just push through, if not don't hesitate to drop out. There's a lot of good paying blue collar jobs out there.

You could always check if you're far enough in to get your associate's degree. That's pretty much an easy in for slightly-above-average tier employment, and you probably qualify if you've been there for at least 2 years.

Read the thread. Should give you a good picture of my current situation and mental state.

It seems you and the rest of the 'old'(er) guard can do is simply warn the fresh meat.

Life isn't about doing what you like and being happy all the time, life is about surviving and doing what's necessary. Unless you want to wash dishes at your local diner, stay where you are and push through, nigger. That's what being an adult is all about.