The brain does not produce consciousness part 3

But how do you know that?!?!?!

/ig/ Idealism General

QUICK RUNDOWN
>Dr. Godehard Bruentrup: What Is Idealism?
youtube.com/watch?v=JDR5i6z4L8c

>In philosophy, idealism is the group of philosophies which assert that reality, or reality as we can know it, is fundamentally mental, mentally constructed, or otherwise immaterial.

ENCYCLOPEDIA ENTRIES
>Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
plato.stanford.edu/entries/idealism/
>Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy
rep.routledge.com/articles/thematic/idealism/v-1

ACADEMIC ARTICLES
>Eliminating the Physical
philpapers.org/rec/ELLETP-2
>A New Epistemic Argument for Idealism
philpapers.org/rec/SMIANE-2
>How To Avoid Solipsism While Remaining An Idealist
philpapers.org/rec/HENHTA

BOOKS
>George Berkeley-Principles of Human Knowledge
gutenberg.org/files/4723/4723-h/4723-h.htm
>George Berkeley-Three Dialogues between Hylas and Philonous
gutenberg.org/files/4724/4724-h/4724-h.htm
>John Foster-A World For Us: The Case for Phenomenalistic Idealism
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=0DB12BBA4A197862E272211B7A059880

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4l1lQMCOguw
youtube.com/watch?v=i4DyfIsj8FU
youtube.com/watch?v=kdbs-HUAxC8
youtube.com/watch?v=iVbG90kr1B0
yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Britfags btfo. Germans confirmed master race

forgot the youtube section

YOUTUBE
>The Introspective Argument:
Part 1: youtube.com/watch?v=4l1lQMCOguw
Part 2: youtube.com/watch?v=i4DyfIsj8FU
>Dr. David Chalmers explains why materialism is false
youtube.com/watch?v=kdbs-HUAxC8
>Why substance dualism is roundly rejected in contemporary philosophy of mind
youtube.com/watch?v=iVbG90kr1B0

But Berkeley was Irish

www.scaruffi.com/science/qc.html

enjoy lads, it's the best redpill i can ever give you.

From Dr. Max Planck, the father of quantum theory:

>"As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter."

Source: Das Wesen der Materie [The Nature of Matter], speech at Florence, Italy (1944) (from Archiv zur Geschichte der Max-Planck-Gesellschaft, Abt. Va, Rep. 11 Planck, Nr. 1797)

Hegelian Dialectics please get the fuck out of Sup Forums.

Your Frankfurt School philosophy is trash.

>posts a picture of Berkeley
>fuck off Hegel!

>Under these conditions it is no wonder, that the movement of atheists, which declares religion to be just a deliberate illusion, invented by power-seeking priests, and which has for the pious belief in a higher Power nothing but words of mockery, eagerly makes use of progressive scientific knowledge and in a presumed unity with it, expands in an ever faster pace its disintegrating action on all nations of the earth and on all social levels. I do not need to explain in any more detail that after its victory not only all the most precious treasures of our culture would vanish, but — which is even worse — also any prospects at a better future.

very interesting quote

This is an attempt at subversion, and not a very good one.

>Want to spread Marxism
>Claim to be "anti-nazi"
>Go to Sup Forums and trick retards into supporting nazism, manufacturing your own opponents

Oh shit its not working guys, people aren't really believing that conservative are nazis

>Want to spread Hegelian Dialectics
>Claim to be "anti-objectivist"
>Go to Sup Forums and trick retards into supporting German Idealism, manufacturing your own opponents

Because it worked so well the first time

Of course it doesnt. We are not our bodies, the body is simply a vessel containing "us".

Idealism is the true redpill

How does that change my point? And Berkeley was empiricist, so still a nigger. Germans win again!

See: Idealism is redpilled. Materialism is not. You want to preserve your modernist materialist dogma to knock it right down to make way for postmodernism. Newsflash: the traditionalists are waking up to Idealism, not your bullshit (((narratives))).

If you plan on making this thread a lot, could you please put /ig/ in the subject so I can easily filter it moving forward? Thank you

That's dualism, which is false.

Look at Christ. Is his body just a vessel? Then he is not incarnate and thus did not become flesh as written in the scriptures. We are not our bodies, we are the mind which is one with the body.

>can you make it easier to take the bluepill? Thanks

> literally wants to filter one of the few quality threads on pol
> literally doesn't want to open his mind to different views and ideas

stay bluepilled cuck

Berkeley started all this. It was an Irishman, not a German.

>Berkeley started all this.
Illiterate retard detected. Probably not even German! Sad!

>Hegel was born before Berkeley!

yeah, I'm the illiterate one here...

So, yes?

You got it. I don't want faggots like you in here

>Reality is indistinguishable from our perception of it.

>Therefore, the only thing that matters is how you feel.

Please get this subjectivist trash out of here.

>Who is Eckhart

Irishmen btfo!

>Therefore, the only thing that matters is how you feel

yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman

Giovanni Gentile, the "philosopher of Fascism", was influential in providing an intellectual foundation for Italian Fascist thought, and ghostwrote part of The Doctrine of Fascism (1932) with Benito Mussolini. He was involved in the resurgence of Hegelian idealism in Italian philosophy and also devised his own system of thought, which he called "actual idealism" or "actualism", and which has been described as "the subjective extreme of the idealist tradition"

Gentile's philosophical system — to him the foundation of all Fascist philosophy — viewed thought as all-embracing: no-one could actually leave his or her sphere of thought, nor exceed his or her thought. Reality was unthinkable, except in relation to the activity by means of which it becomes thinkable, positing that as a unity — held in the active subject and the discrete abstract phenomena that reality comprehends — wherein each phenomenon, when truly realised, was centered within that unity; therefore, it was innately spiritual, transcendent, and immanent, to all possible things in contact with the unity. Gentile used that philosophic frame to systematize every item of interest that now was subject to the rule of absolute self-identification — thus rendering as correct every consequence of the hypothesis. The resultant philosophy can be interpreted as an idealist foundation for legal naturalism.

>Eckhart
>Idealism

Be honest.

Is this you?

Be honest. Are you just going for an ad hom because you have no rebuttal?