Atheist seeking salvation

how do i get "saved"? i was baptized catholic but my mother died when i was young and due to that my father lost faith. ive been to church a only a handful of times in my life at this point. i dont know how to start.. i dont want to go to some faggy church where the guy up front has tattoos and gauges. is roman catholicism ok? i cant help but feel lost in the world and my own life

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=gXKeiTTN7Wc
youtu.be/-fGxOCJCRpA
youtu.be/8yyzsgHb6rU
youtube.com/watch?v=b1v5t0xbcUo
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assumption_of_Mary
ewtn.com/library/CATECHSM/PIUSXCAT.HTM
youtube.com/watch?v=i7e9mO4zjS8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=WDEBz25lGdY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Read the gospels in the Bible and make a commitment to live by Jesus's teachings. People will immediately notice the change in your behavior and they will treat you better

Romans 10:9-10

If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

As for Roman Catholicism, I personally believe its theology incorrect in some areas, but I wouldnt say it is "heretical" or anything. They are still Christians, though I doubt about their higher leadership.

1. Get yourself a new Baltimore catechism and familiarize yourself with the church
2. Go to mass. I'm assuming you haven't received the sacrament of communor pennance, so for now just go to the service, don't go up for communion though
3. Talk to a priest
4. Read some GK Chesterton

Only you can save yourself. Prepare yourself for what is coming. Christianity is a trap. They lead the sheep to the slaughterhouse.

Easy. Be born again in the blood of Christ.

Pro tip. Catholics will not help you find that.

Don't forget John 3:17

>t. Asshurt prod

Before you do anything, read the Bible and ask yourself if you really believe this stuff.

the only thing you need saving from is the timid mess that is cuckstianity

K I E R K E G A A R D

yeah got yanked out of sunday school at a young age. will i be judged for not having the proper credentials?

what do you think will? im really open to all opinions

No, not at all
Like I said, just go to mass but DO NOT go up to receive communion.
Try to talk to the priest after the service he can get you enrolled in RCIA, which is essentially Sunday school for adults wishing to convert

Step 1: Start walking with Christ on a daily basis.
Step 2: Ask him to come into your heart as your lord and savior.
Step 3: Admit to your sins, and ask him to save you, by doing so you promise to turn away from those sins.
Step 4: As Christ was, be baptized and renewed through the Holy Spirit.
Step 5: The real struggle begins.

Yes, go roman catholic

orthodoxy or some old school catholicism

so share an opinion please. because i look at the chaos happening around the world and cant help but view it as some sort of hell-on-earth type timeline. have you ever spoken to a true atheist, someone who actually believes in nothing? someone who has been trained similar to pavlovs dogs by the media, and becomes feral at the mention of the word "christian". every single person out there protesting and wreaking havoc, to me, is because they view life as so meaningless and finite. why not indulge right now in whatever, whether it be anger/greed/sex, because fuck it we just die and then nothing. to me this stuff just boils down to godlessness.

Outside the Catholic Church there is absolutely no salvation.

Stay away from the "Novus Ordo mass" and watch Most Holy Family Monastery's videos
mostholyfamilymonastery (dot) com

>every single person out there protesting and wreaking havoc, to me, is because they view life as so meaningless and finite. why not indulge right now in whatever, whether it be anger/greed/sex, because fuck it we just die and then nothing. to me this stuff just boils down to godlessness
This
I feel you man, this world is so devoid of meaning and it sickens me to the core. I can really sympathize with that quote from goebbelles. The only thing that gets me out of bed is the prospect of a better, more meaningful future.

I find meaning in the church and what it teaches desu, andI hope you will too

On that note, Fr. Coughlin is /our/priest
m.youtube.com/watch?v=gXKeiTTN7Wc
I've heard Latin services and SSPX are very traditional, almost no modernist kekery

Roman Catholics are literally ran by Satan, so bad call there.

What are your top 3 goals in life? You can be vague like "money" or "family" if you want.

>stability
>family
>happiness

No joke, look into Mormonism. You could be a very fulfilled man. I plan to go Mormon when I'm ready for family.

If you want to change your list and put "God" at the top, I don't reccomended a church. I reccomended a church of Internet and mind, where you follow your instincts to find truth. This isn't for everyone, though, it requires a certain familiarity with Eris to produce good results.

KJV Bible is great whether you care about Christian God or not. Probably avoid any non-Mormon church who is negative towards KJV.

Watch this, and you will know how to be saved.
youtu.be/-fGxOCJCRpA
Then celebrate with this Johnny Cash song about being saved.
youtu.be/8yyzsgHb6rU

Acts 16:30 is where someone asked the question in the bible what must I do to be saved?

Acts 16:31 Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved and thy house.

Did it say go to church? No
Did it say be a good person? No

It says Believe.

Do yourself a favor and go to youtube and type once saved, always saved pastor Anderson

>Outside the Catholic Church there is absolutely no salvation.
Burn in Hell, papist apostate.
>11Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness. 12If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things? 13And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. 14And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

For God So Loved

>16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. 21But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

You scum don't even read the Bible, or else you wouldn't be Catholic. I am a former Catholic myself, and your doctrine is false and wicked.

Catholicism adds to the Bible, which is obviously not acceptable and heretical. Baptist churches are a good starting point, though there is no denomination that is 100% reliable.

Read the Bible and try to find a church that emphasizes scripture and Christ before all else. There should be no compromise for the sake of creating converts, or making more money

Finding Biblical community will change your life. Having people genuinely care about you is abnormal and wonderful.

Mormons are legit not Christian, nothing personal, never met a mormon I didn't like, but it's a fact that ought to be known

Where did Catholics add to the Bible?

salvation?
are you really an atheist?

Praying to saints (literal idolatry), the creation of a Pope, deification of humans, adding rituals and attributing spiritual significance to them without scriptural basis, the list goes on and on

I don't hate Catholics, I want them to reject the corrupt parts of their faith and live as Christ desires

do not seek religion, seek god instead

>Praying to saints (literal idolatry), the creation of a Pope, deification of humans, adding rituals and attributing spiritual significance to them without scriptural basis, the list goes on and on
Oh cool, more Protestant lies.
I say this time and time again, we do not pray TO the Virgin Mary and the saints we pray THROUGH their intercession. It's like asking a friend to pray for/with you.
>idolatry
I'm assuming your referring to statues and "muh Graven images" if you read a catechism it will explain that those statues and images are only meant to excite thoughts of the divine. It helps us focus in a sense.
We do not ascribe any god like qualities to such objects/images

John says over and over that Salvation is by grace through faith alone.

Catholics teach there is no salvation outside their church and that you must participate in their pagan inspired sacraments and confess your sins to a virgin priest and partake in meats sacrificed unto idols in the form of the pagan Eucharist... where they pray to a cracker and a statue of long haired white hippy Jesus and the cracker physically transforms into Christ's flesh and the FERMENTED wine into His blood. Even though the Bible says not to drink fermented wine or ear meats(can be any food not just flesh) sacrificed unto idols.

I was once lost like you. Here is what you do:
>realize god loves you
>open your heart to Jesus and god
>pray to god for forgiveness
>try not to be a douche bag to people
>pray for forgiveness and make ammends for when you cant help being a douche bag.

Thats it. Its pretty easy.
I forget the passage and verse, but in the bible it even says you dont need to go to church so long as you hold a worship service in your own way.

God detestes all the gold bullshit in churches, ots a religion not a way to make money.

an agnostic, maybe. i know thats pathetic and almost as bad as being a faggot on Sup Forums

>cult faggot pretends hes not a cult member to facilitate cult recruitment thread #78834

report and hide
praise the sun

The Bible repeatedly emphasizes the social aspects of Christianity. While you don't "need" to go to a church to be saved, your salvation should inspire you to try to evangelize and also encourage other believers. This isn't a prerequisite, but rather is evidence and fruit of the Spirit.

So, while some Christians may be in places where it's hard to physically worship with others, I wouldn't encourage people to actively avoid it. There's no question about how Jesus insists we've been given gifts that can help one another, and that all Christians are the body of the church -- not a physical building, organization, or denomination. We shouldn't be hiding our light, but putting it on a lamp stand, as the verse goes.

i live in phoenix and we are filled to the brim with mormons. i like them all as people but my catholic family views them as insane people. plus i am 22 and never went on a mission so i would be ostracized.

>but in the bible it even says you dont need to go to church so long as you hold a worship service in your own way
no, christ left his church behind him, not the bible. the only way to properly understand the bible is through his church.

even if we're to be cynical and assume church is rotten institution, we might as well continue that train of thought and remind ourselves that it was the church who actually compiled the bible 300 years after the christ, and if corrupted as you say it's more likely not to put "don't go to church" into it

Watch this
youtube.com/watch?v=b1v5t0xbcUo

The latin mass is obviously beautiful and I want it back but the SSPX are not Catholic, they say stuff like the Catholic Church can make mistakes when canonizing saints, and they claim Jorge Bergoglio is the real Pope even tho he's a heretic and says stuff like Athiests can go to heaven... You gotta go sedevacantist man. Eastern rite (Ukranian) Catholic priests are definitely valid, so I would go to one of them for confession.

I can understand the logic behind people who subscribe to agnosticism, but I always feel like it's settling for ignorance of whether there is or isn't a God
>Rev 3:15-16
>and so you are luke warm, neither hot nor cold. Oh how I wish you were one or the other! And so because you are luke warm, neither hot nor cold, I spit you from my mouth
t. God, spoken through John

Catholics have elevated Mary to co-redeemer alongside Jesus and teach that she was dead for 3 days and then rose and ascended into heaven like Jesus... Which is nowhere in the Bible. They are goddess worshipers. The church in Rome became the Roman Church when that pagan Constantine took the church over. Now Satan displays his cock in the form of a 3500 year old obelisk in the courtyard of the Vatican, giving God the middle finger.

>The Latin Catholic Feast of the Assumption is celebrated on 15 August, and the Eastern Orthodox and Eastern Catholics celebrate the Dormition of the Theotokos (the falling asleep of the Mother of God) on the same date, preceded by a 14-day fast period. Eastern Christians believe that Mary died a natural death, that her soul was received by Christ upon death, and that her body was resurrected on the third day after her death and that she was taken up into heaven bodily in anticipation of the general resurrection. Her tomb was found empty on the third day.

>"... Orthodox tradition is clear and unwavering in regard to the central point [of the Dormition]: the Holy Virgin underwent, as did her Son, a physical death, but her body – like His – was afterwards raised from the dead and she was taken up into heaven, in her body as well as in her soul. She has passed beyond death and judgement, and lives wholly in the Age to Come. The Resurrection of the Body ... has in her case been anticipated and is already an accomplished fact. That does not mean, however, that she is dissociated from the rest of humanity and placed in a wholly different category: for we all hope to share one day in that same glory of the Resurrection of the Body which she enjoys even now."[33]

>Many Catholics also believe that Mary first died before being assumed, but they believe that she was miraculously resurrected before being assumed. Others believe she was assumed bodily into Heaven without first dying.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assumption_of_Mary

All those who believe in Jesus Christ and are saved are saints, papist. You.dont even read the Bible or you'd know this, you kryptokike Babylonian religion practicing fool.

this is the teaching of the original church. the idea that you can take bible and interpret it however you like is fun, but not christianity in any way.

Believing this faggot is what will steer you down the wrong path.

>idolatry
If you're praying to a saint mutually exclusively from Jesus or worshipping them, you're doing it wrong. Asking for intesession of the Trinity is fine

>deification
The Pope isn't a god you idiot. If you don't understand the definition of words, stop using them until you do.
If you think there should be no head of Christ's Church on Earh then read Matthew 16: 18

What are trying to get out of church? Not just "to be saved." Assume God is merciful and will save everyone who seeks him. What is your idea of doing church?

If you want a sense of continuity, history, and ritual, you should inquire into Roman Catholicism, Eastern Orthodoxy, and Anglicanism. (Avoid The Episcopal Church, though.) Who knows, you might meet someone who knew your mother.

If you want lots of music and emotional engagement, you might look into Pentecostal or nondenominational Christianity. Baptist churches might fit in here; some can be contemporary, others are very traditional, if you define tradition as the 1950s.

You can take all that popery and shove it up your Le'monjello loving cuck ass you literal niggerfaggot

>Catholics have elevated Mary to co-redeemer alongside Jesus and teach that she was dead for 3 days and then rose and ascended into heaven like Jesus
No that's a blatant lie, we don't teach that. I was taught that Mary asceneded into Heaven with Jesus

>this is the teaching of the original church
The Roman Church is not the original church, you filthy lying Roman pagan.

The Catholic church is not scriptural, Catholics didn't exist in the 1st century. The first church was founded by John the Baptist.
>He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias.
John practiced the baptism of repentance from sin. Jesus Christ brought the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

You follow a man-made religion, not Christ.

>I was taught that Mary asceneded into Heaven with Jesus
Which is nowhere in the Bible, proving that Catholics just make shit up and add to the Bible.

Are you fucking retarded?

you quoted roman and orthodox and roman+orthodox are original church you idiot

I'll see you at the Great White Throne Judgement, after you teach lordship salvation and unbiblical apostacy. Remember this thread when I testify against you that you rejected the gospel of Christ crucified.

Catholics have divine memes

Stop shitposting and read a history book
Catholics invented the Bible.
Ever wonder what illiterate early Christians did before then? Nah, that'd require too much cerebral activity for you to do.

Repent, believe, and be baptized.

It doesn't matter by whom, so long as they do it with genuine intention and use water and the proper baptismal formula ("In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit"). Repent, believe, and be baptized and you will receive the Holy Spirit.

Receiving the Holy Spirit is how you have the courage to fix those faggy churches who have fallen into heresy. You should be going into bad churches to fix them.

For now, focus on repentance and seeking baptism.

>roman+orthodox are original church you idiot
You can say that over and over and it doesn't make it true.
The first church that wasn't full of Jews was in Damascus Syria, you double digit IQ moron. Take a history class, you evolution believing shitheel. Catholics teach evolution and old earth.

Fuck off retard and read the Bible at least once. I have read it cover to cover, you let a pedophile in a dress tell you what is says the 3 days out of the year you grace the church with your presence.

>Catholics invented the Bible.
The Catholics didn't write a single line of scripture, and God authored the Bible, you detestable cretin.

>Ever wonder what illiterate early Christians did before then?
The Catholic church didn't exist in the 1st century, and a fool like yourself assumes there were only Christians in Europe... Rome specifically, even though Christianity comes out of Asia.

Braindead shitbird. Scripture wasn't even penned in Latin, it was penned in Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic.

Be born again in christ. As he said. Take the leap of faith. Be baptized by the holy spirit. Have some of mine. I will call you Peter for lolz.

Bang done deal.

No he didn't, that's an Islamic belief that has caused no end of trouble. It's divinely inspired by men who witnessed the divine, but no ethereal force held the page.
t. Catholic

No you dolt.
The Bible was compiled by the Catholic Church under the guise of the Holy Spirit around 300-350 ad

This is why sola scripture is inherently flawed, they claim to only adhere to the Bible which was authored by the Catholic Church under the guise of god, but if they truly believe the Catholic Church is illegitimate then the Bible is illegitimate as well
UNLESS
It's a """"real Bible"""" authored by Martin Luther or some other heretic, because all of Christendom got it wrong for 1500 years.
Simply put, prods can't into logic

spbp
It is possible to find churches filled with good people that aren't faggy / overly trendy. The faggy churches typically downplay theology and the Bible, but those things are essential. If there is an "Evangelical Free" church in your area I'd suggest you start there. Walk up to the pastor after the service and talk to him honestly. Tell him what you said here. You might be surprised. He's just a person like you.

I'm praying for you. Jesus is the answer.

>All Scripture is God-Breathed
>15And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Read the Bible, turd.

It is possible to find churches filled with good people that aren't faggy / overly trendy. The faggy churches typically downplay theology and the Bible, but those things are essential. If there is an "Evangelical Free" church in your area I'd suggest you start there. Walk up to the pastor after the service and talk to him honestly. Tell him what you said here. You might be surprised. He's just a person like you.

I'm praying for you. Jesus is the answer.

>i dont want to go to some faggy church where the guy up front has tattoos and gauges. is roman catholicism ok?
Never seen a Catholic preist with tatoos. Go to church next sunday or during the week if you have time. Churches that do a Latin mass are more traditional.

>All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness
Read your own quoted fucking passage holy shit.

>i cant help but feel lost in the world and my own life

That's no reason to intentionally take a religious blue pill.

You know it's bullshit.

>1. Get yourself a new Baltimore catechism and familiarize yourself with the church
Catechism of Pope St. Pius X is also pretty good.
ewtn.com/library/CATECHSM/PIUSXCAT.HTM

>Telling someone who wants to be saved lies

The worst kind of atheist.

>The Bible was compiled by the Catholic Church under the guise of the Holy Spirit around 300-350 ad
Compiled.
The Catholic church didn't wrote a single line, and scripture existed before they decided to compile it.

You're the one who can't into facts, pagan.
God also made the high priest speak truth to fulfill prophesy... the high priest was still leader of the Synagogue of Satan and is currently burning in Hell.
>12Then the band and the captain and officers of the Jews took Jesus, and bound him, 13And led him away to Annas first; for he was father in law to Caiaphas, which was the high priest that same year. 14Now Caiaphas was he, which gave counsel to the Jews, that it was expedient that one man should die for the people.
>And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
God even uses the wicked to accomplish His will.

I recommend starting with Proverbs just to give you a sense of the level of wisdom the Bible has teaches. Then jump into any of the Gospels.

So how do you know if it's the inspired word of God? How do you know the church didn't include books that aren't divinely inspired?

Go to your local parish and ask about the RCIA program. Since you've been baptized you just need to do Confirmation. Start now and you can be Catholic by Easter. Good luck, friend. It is a wonderful journey.

Isaiah 53:9
>And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, H2555 neither was any deceit in his mouth.

One shill keeps posting that this proves that Jesus never used the whips in the temple to physically drive out the (((money changers))) that he was just using it to scare them not actually physcially damage them. This is to prove that wrong by showing what the word means. "Violence" is the word "chamac" in hebrew it means "malicious intent" specifically. Strongs is H2555.

Chronicles 12
>And David went out to meet them, and answered and said unto them, If ye be come peaceably unto me to help me, mine heart shall be knit unto you: but if ye be come to betray me to mine enemies, SEEING THAT THERE IS NO VIOLENCE (H2555) IN MINE HANDS, the God of our fathers look thereon, and rebuke it.

- Note this is after David became King, long before hand he killed plenty of men, including Goliath (whose head he cut off for display); along with other brutal examples as seen below.

1 Samuel 18
> And Saul said, Thus shall ye say to David, The king desireth not any dowry, but an hundred foreskins of the Philistines, to be avenged of the king's enemies. But Saul thought to make David fall by the hand of the Philistines. And when his servants told David these words, it pleased David well to be the king's son in law: and the days were not expired.Wherefore David arose and went, he and his men, and slew of the Philistines two hundred men; and David brought their foreskins, and they gave them in full tale to the king.

1 Chronicles 11
>Eleazer was WITH DAVID at Pasdammim, and there the Philistines were gathered together to battle, where was a parcel of ground full of barley; and the people fled from before the Philistines.AND THEY set themselves in the midst of that parcel of land, and delivered it, AND SLEW THE PHILISTINES; and the Lord saved them by a great deliverance.

> "outside the catholic church there is absolutely no salvation" ...

Post like this one, OP, should make you very very wary about the advice. Do research on the Catholic Church's history; there's a wealth of information on different denominations and cults who will try to draw you in with language like this (above). You need to do your research carefully and it will take some time. The most devout Christians will not try to 'push' you and manipulate you into their church. There are some good people who will offer advice. Stay focussed. You're on the right path.

youtube.com/watch?v=i7e9mO4zjS8

Sorry wrong thread, someone was trying to say Pacifisism is Christianity or somethng

>> "outside the catholic church there is absolutely no salvation"
Telling people the truth is charitable.

Prove it with scripture or GTFO.

Calling Peter a rock doesn't quite cut it, BTW.

>Catholics will not help you find that.
>2233
This user speaks the truth.
Catholics are idolaters and don't follow the bible. If you sit in a catholic church, it feels dead, no holy spirit there.

>Prove thing that requires faith by MY RULES!

>requires faith

Matters of church organization should not require faith. It's all laid out quite clearly in Acts and the Epistles.

You're just too autistic to accept that the Church was not meant to be founded on the Roman Empire and was not meant to be headed by a single man, but to be governed locally by a body of Elders.

The Pope is pure heresy, founded on a single verse! And you accuse Prots of being autistic with scripture. It's laughable.

Actually, dogmas are a matter of faith.
That's why it's important to have the Pope, guided by the Holy Ghost, rule definitively on issues of faith.
Otherwise you end up with 1,000 different retarded protestant sects that disagree with eachother on just about everything.

9mm to roof of mouth. Lock and load.

But church organization is quite clearly laid out in the scriptures, and it mentions the papacy precisely nowhere.

End of discussion. Either you produce evidence for the authority of your "Father" or you don't. The choice is yours.

I'm not going to blindly accept your dogmas without evidence.

That would take too long for me to post now.
Just look at the arguments given by MHFM linked earlier here:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=WDEBz25lGdY

>t. retard cuckolick

Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

"saved through faith" well it looks like you don't have to do any works. "gift of God" you don't work for gifts you just accept them otherwise it isn't a gift. "not of works" well that's pretty clear you don't need to do works. "lest anyman should boast" just like the guys in
Matthew 7:21-23
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.(see John 6:38-40 for the Father's will)
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
It looks like those people were boastimg and relying on their works "done many wonderful works" AND they had faith "in thy name". But Jesus still told them to fuck off.
Looks like relying on your works like orthodox and catholics do has you NOT enter Heaven

Jesus said they work iniquity because thy rely on their works. Let's see what happens to people that work iniquity.
Matthew 13
41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.