Same-sex Marriage in Australia: Tea and Cake Edition

> Be an Ausfag
> Country is going bananas over the "same sex marriage postal survey"
> Have this friend, you see
> Friend receives a Facebook invitation
> Event is a tea party for "No" voters, organised by a pair of "Yes" voters
> They promise tea, coffee, respect, physical and emotional safety, and no raised voices
> Guaranteed to make you comfortable to explain why you won't vote "Yes" like the rest of the country
> Give you the option of agreeing to come to the event without it going on public record that you're a "No" voter

I think my friend should definitely go to this event. It's perfectly obvious that they are friendly and open to ways in which they can change his mind, and most definitely not ideologically driven.

I couldn't imagine how this could in any way be a bad idea.

And besides, they're offering free drinks and snacks. Who doesn't like free tea and cake?

>inb4 this is fake

No, it's 100% real, but for commonsensical reasons I can't disclose names or dates.

Bump, this is a serious question

lol

This sounds like a Red Wedding in the making

Yes, go but do this.

Get some key facts like pic related and print them out on a piece of paper. Also write a brief point or two on why you are voting no. Use this in the meeting.

Redpill the fuck out of them

It should be illegal to be a fag and legal to beat a fag

voting yes here

Dude, your friend is getting poisoned, lol.

Gay men are genetically superior to straight men

they also tend to be hotter and more intelligent

Youve got the same point repeated a different way like 5 times. None of these are arguments for them not be allowed to marry either. Not that I know or care what this aussie legislation is about desu.

this

Its a trap!

why doesn't your friend go?

they merely want to have a civil discussion with him and lay out the reasons for which they believe he should change his mind

this will promote peace and understanding

>come sit down with us and explain yourself why you're voting no
how about no and go fuck yourselves
or just tell them you're voting yes but vote no anyway.

Do you think the organisers could really be redpilled?

Or... could it be... two right-wingers pretending to be left-wingers in order to attract right-wingers?

I think so too. I see no way at all that this could go wrong.

>how about no and go fuck yourselves
>or just tell them you're voting yes but vote no anyway.

Both excellent options

Yeah I wouldn't eat the tea and cake at that particular event.

So many cucks in this thread

How about getting the government out of marriage entirely?

Don't you think it would be delicious? If they live anywhere near Fitzroy it would be guaranteed organic

That's been my position for years, but Australians can't imagine a society where Big Daddy government doesn't have something to say about every last detail of their lives

That's terribly unkind: for all you know, these people want to promote understanding and the brotherhood of man