If the Civil War was about slavery does that mean non slave states are allowed to leave the Union?

If the Civil War was about slavery does that mean non slave states are allowed to leave the Union?

The civil war was not about slavery, it was about state's rights.

>it was about state's rights.
Well seeing how they wanted to leave the Union I dont think it was about that either

Yankees and their Jewish overlords would have you believe otherwise, but this bit of history is not actually open to interpretation. According to the written and spoken words of Confederate soldiers, officers and politicians, the war was about state's rights. Decades after their defeat, when the technology for recording sound became available, former Confederates even went on record as saying so.

shut the fuck up

Make me faggot.

State sovereignty != States rights

Is it not a right for states to leave if they like?

Is there anything in the constitution against secession?

> flag
> tries to babble about "state rights"
> doesnt even know the formal word for US "state rights"
> spewing something he read from wiki

aaaaaaahahahahahahahah faggot

The Civil War was not about slavery.

No and a agree Texas v White was a shit sessions but there is also nothing in the constitution preventing the Feds from invading any foreign country they want

This. The Corwin amendment that would have gone through would have made it unconstitutional to ban slaves.

It was about the states' rights to keep slavery, you fucking morons.

mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the lord

Slavery was legal in the Union

It was about the expansion of slavery westwards for fuck's sake, I studied your shitty little civil war in school

>to keep slavery
That is not what you said though

Yes, new states as they were admitted to the union.

It was about slavery, state power over federal power, a change in the economic power center due to industrialization, and even the continuing France versus England fight. If you believe war, especially a civil war, is started by a single issue you are naive or ignorant. Probably both

My flag is my employer. I'm more American than you are, faggot, because I'm Texan. The formal words for "states rights" are "states rights", you fucking Yankee.

>Ninth Amendment to the United States Constitution
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

>Tenth Amendment to the United States Constitution
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

>Southern pre-war interpretation
Any powers not explicitly granted to the federal government are reserved in perpetuity by the states, or by the people. This would include the power to secede from the union and the power to regulate slavery.

>Eleventh Amendment to the United States Constitution
The Judicial power of the United States shall not be construed to extend to any suit in law or equity, commenced or prosecuted against one of the United States by Citizens of another State, or by Citizens or Subjects of any Foreign State.

>Southern pre-war interpretation
The individual states have "sovereign immunity" from the judicial powers of the federal government. In other words, the feds can't sue the states because the states are immune from being found wrong.

After the South lost, the North enacted three "reconstruction" amendments to override the rights of the states to (1) regulate the institution of slavery, (2) regulate citizenship and its associated rights, and (3) regulate voting requirements. In effect, these amendments ensured that niggers would be legally equal to whites no matter what state they lived in.

It is only partially true to say that the war was about slavery for the north since the majority of the north was against freeing the slaves. For the south, the war was about protecting their constitutional rights.

>some liberals taught me about the civil war
just stop

Saying the war was fought for slavery is like saying WWI was fought because of the assassination of Franz Ferdinand. In reality, the ultimate reason for the Civil War was that Lincoln was ambitious and power hungry. He didn't want to give up half his empire. He was the first American fascist in all the wrong ways.

Plenty of the people in the north wanted to secede from Lincoln's government and didn't want to be dragged into a war.

Lincoln invaded Baltimore and used unconstitutional powers to depose 1/3 of the legislature, holding many without charging them. Imagine if Obama had started arbitrarily arresting state senators who had the wrong attitudes.

Lincoln also arrested tons of newsmen who didn't shill for him. One of these newsmen was the grandson of Francis Scott Key. Today this would be like a president shutting down Breitbart or even Fox.

Lincoln arrested congressman Clement Vallandigham for leading the anti-war "copperheads".

When the chief justice found Lincoln's suspension of habeas corpus unconstitutional, Lincoln signed a secret arrest warrant for him.

Sic semper tyrannis.