twitter.com/hurrtrackerapp/status/901832186235584513

>Periscope: ----- POST THEM IF YOU GOT ‘EM.------ feeds are coming and going
pscp.tv/Digger_Nick/1OdJroyXBkOxX
pscp.tv/w/1zqKVRApMOmKB?q=HOUSTON
>/ourguy/ Jeff
periscope.tv/w/1OyKArBgdlLGb
pscp.tv/Jeff_Piotrowski/1eaJbmYnAMaGX

Rundown:
>Water released from Barker and Addicks Reservoirs is expected to cause a rise of 4-6" per hour downstream
>Water is still rising 1.5 feet per hour in reservoir
>More rain forecast for Houston area
>HEAVY DOWNPOURS INCOMING BROTHERS

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pscp.tv/w/1gqxvOOkQveKB
periscope.tv/w/1MYxNXXrevPGw?q=houston
youtube.com/watch?v=AEtbFm_CjE0#t=53s
weather.com/weather/radar/interactive/l/TXSPHUNT:13:US?animation=true
youtube.com/watch?v=9AUEjzVQwKo
accuweather.com/en/hurricane/atlantic/harvey-2017
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

[Embed]

Like rings on a tree

There's a guy driving around Houston in his SUV scoping. Roads looked fucked. Significant flooding and power outages. Traffic signals are down in most places.

pscp.tv/w/1gqxvOOkQveKB

Stay dry homos

Periscope search

periscope.tv/w/1MYxNXXrevPGw?q=houston

Reminder that if you are anywhere that has manholes in houston, the rain can cause the manhole covers to be displaced, and then the Delta P effect can cause crazy suction into the sewers where you would be sucked into the sewers and unable to swim out, causing you to drown.

youtube.com/watch?v=AEtbFm_CjE0#t=53s

>people continuing to downplay the severity

Reporting for former Katy /masterrace/, looks like Katy wasn't protected after all.

I just really want to get to college, I wanted this semester to be a really good one, I was supposed to go today but it looks like I might not even be able to go THIS WEEK damn it.

Plus I've only been here for a couple days and I'm already sick of hearing about Harvey. I wish for comfy Philly!

I can ride around texas A&M with periscope if anyone wants to watch

The vulture reporters need to thrown off the boats.

>always wondering why people don't leave during hurricanes before the flood
>currently shitposting while my city has been declared a disaster area

did you want a new thread or not faggot? i didn't see you go ahead and make one

Just wait until it goes out to sea and powers up to a Cat 1-2 and then hits them again

Van user reporting in. I found more cars on the overpass and parked by them thus enabling me to turn off my hazards. I need to come down and check out how bad things are now. Looks like Trump chased off the hurricane. Well done lads.

Is it over yet?

Rainfall-wise, the worst is over. The rainfall in most of the areas are under half an inch, but there are a few places that are getting these really tiny but really severe rainfalls of over a foot. These bring the whole average up and stress then channels.

The severity of the rainfall is over, it's just a question of whether the infrastructure can handle the rest as the storm moves on and dissipates. Even if it picks up a bunch of moisture from its brief time back in the gulf, it won't compare to the rain we had before, but it can make flood relief take much longer.

Fooding will last weeks, but right now it draining a bit and they are doing a lot of rescues

here
this is what the effect looks like

basically, if you are downtown, do NOT go into the streets. there is a high chance that you could go near an open manhole where such suction (not visible) is happening and then you get trapped in fucking sewage and drown

Got a Harris county deputy assigned to my boat. Gonna be a long day. Ill try to keep y'all posted.

Take care of yourself, user!

theres like 3 more days of rain.

Drowning in shit is a bad way to go.

It's over bro's the waters already up to my door

West Houston reeporting in

Street is still dry for now. I survived the first round or dam release. Spent last night stashing water for washing and putting valuables. Let's hope today sees a break in the weather. Still worried about my wife stuck at the hospital. Had reports of looters scouting the neighorhood yeaterday, so i am armed at all yimea now. Stay safe.

>loses everything

>still has time to cum swallow drumpf one more time

kys my man

Thanks for making the thread user

Do you or anyone else know what's going on in Cinco Ranch? My cousin lives out there with his wife and four kids and I haven't heard from them since 1am

Poor Crabby

A couple blocks away from me

Fuck that shit, I'm glad I never consider that as a career.

Good luck!

Cypress user here. Water approaching from both sides of the street. I'm cut off now. One more rain band and I think I'm fucked. I'm looking over what supplies I have and considering building a dam. I don't have much to work with though.

Someone post the Delta P video; water suction is no joke and it's super easy to get stuck and drown

I'm also in Katy, but my neighborhood's fine.
It was halfway up my driveway last night, but the water has since receded completely here.

>Cinco Ranch
user.. You havent heard?

It's linked in my earlier post ITT at youtube.com/watch?v=AEtbFm_CjE0#t=53s

Hearing rumors power was cut before the dam release. Don't know much else, I have family there I haven't heard from either but if I get any info I will post for yoiu.

Maybe today there will be enough receding of water for the real habbenings to start.

>Looting

why the fuck do americans build on riverbeds

No I was here until 3am, I had to go to bed to get the kid to school this morning. What happened?

the correct term is strategic nigging

Already started. Assholes were out in the rain looking in houses and cars around me. Will post pics if I shoot someone.

philly lol

Well here's a bone for you conspiracy buffs: The army corps of engineers are intentionally allowing subdivisions flood near the tow major dams that protect downtown Houston and the economic engine that is the Houston Ship Channel.

Daily reminder that the fastest thing ever recorded in the atmosphere was a manhole cover on top of a nuclear bomb test which went 125,000 MPH.

F

Because we're the best
USA USA USA

where exactly are you? wilcrest/i10 here

Just waking up lads. Miss anything last night?

kill yourself

#lootcrew

Your cities are built on rivers as well user. most cities are. Just that not even the dutch can handle .7 of a meter of rain in less then 24 hours.

That's not much of a conspiracy, they pretty much have to do that. As long as dam controls exist, there's always the choice of "do we let this area flood or this area flood?"

The happening is pretty much over.

The overall rain forecast is down (reduced from prior forecasts) for additional rain but shit is still pretty fucked in houston

It rained

Off of eldridge between memorial and 6

weather.com/weather/radar/interactive/l/TXSPHUNT:13:US?animation=true

where the fuck is my rain? theres no more bands forming

JEB SURGE?

Nope, it was pretty calm. The eye's just touching down on the gulf so we've got some fun ahead.

>mfw not impressed
Not enough dead spics and niggers.

That not a conspiracy, that fact. It can also be justified by loss of life, but the Corps job is to make sure those dams do not fail.

Its fucking gone, a couple of fire ants rolled by and just tore it to fucking shreds. F

And with the airports flooding and boats being more economical, boats are probably going to be key for relief (in providing accommodation for those displaced on cruise ships like they did during katrina, and for supplies).

Fuck. Thank you user. I managed to send him the tweet about the early release of the dam, but he never replied. They live right next to the bayou. Im so scared right now.

why the fuck do people live in a flood prone area?

don't lose hope, it's only just begun.

Man I'm just over here like...

Don't worry, user, the main part of spaghetti warehouse is the upper floor anyway.

How fucked is wilcrest?

Yeah but the corps is feds. And the hardest hit will be the well to do like cinco. Alex Jones will be all over this and blame deep state. Just a prediction.

could be worse, it's like 3 feet under

I only went there once (spent ~10 months straight working in houston, stayed in a hotel a couple blocks down the street from that pic on congress ave) and I don't remember the spaghetti warehouse having the main part being on the second floor... but my memory could just be bad, I haven't been to houston since october 2014.

Shariablue already blaming Trump

>DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TRAVEL IN THE AFFECTED AREA IF YOU ARE IN A SAFE PLACE
>DO NOT DRIVE INTO FLOODED ROADWAYS
I wish more people actually knew this.

Lot of the areas flooding are not flood prone. its flooding areas that are 1000 year flood areas (.001) or even 2000 year flood areas (.0005) areas.

US restricts building in the 100 year flood zone (.01).

>Hated being a flood administrator

>guys it over
>ignoring the 3 days long rain forecast
>pic related is just 5 hours away
>centered over the ocean
>2nd landfall by wednesday morning

i dont wanna play Ever17 irl

3 days of rain is just standard Houston weather, though.

Is it still expected to hit the Gulf and come back for more?

Will Huston become the new Atlantis?

It's just urban retards who don't understand what's happening

OPs pic related is why they didn't call for evac early for it's better to be stranded on a rooftop than drowning in a low-lying flooded highway nowhere near any help.

Could these areas have been built in a way that would better mitigate flooding or is this literally a freak of nature that is unavoidable?

Yeah, pretty much every projection is showing the same thing.

It's going to be the most costly storm financially in the history of the united states.

They're mostly poor areas. The city definitely knew it was a floodplain and built them there anyway because who cares

Huston flood control can handle 6 inches in 24 hours (.25 a inch a hour), it may be down to 5 inches due to clogging.

So for example, right now a lot of the flooded areas are slowly draining. buffalo bayou will not be lowering due to the dam release.

There will also be inflows from upstream, but even if rain stopped, it would take a week to drain most of it, and some areas like the dam release area will be high for months.

the fuckin' loop-de-loop ones

Spoke to relatives in cinco
They didn't get flooded and have power but are the surrounding main roads are flooded. Keep trying.

>Atlantis
OFFICIAL HURRICANE THREAD MUSIC

youtube.com/watch?v=9AUEjzVQwKo

GFS model has 25+ more inches of rain in some spots over the next 72 hours.

theres 2 faggots who i assume are going to spend the day saying "its over" because they have been at it for like 3 hours already. I guess being communist didnt get them enough replies.

does anyone know how to build a raft using random wood of random sizes? All I have for a base is a wood pallet about 2x2 and a bunch of thin planks. Had a few useful ones but they washed away

what's the deal with Houston? Just some puddles, right? Why is everyone freaking out over some rain?

That place was in my captcha last night!?!?

May Kek bless Austin with the brown pets they swoon over

Sugar Land is under mandatory evacuation

The latest 2nd landfall forecast puts the eye at the TX/LA border...we would still get more rain, but nothing like we have already had... accuweather.com/en/hurricane/atlantic/harvey-2017