Why were so many genres created by blacks?

Why were so many genres created by blacks?
>Blues
>Jazz
>Rock
>House music
>Rap

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wgT3Fo5BLTs
youtube.com/watch?v=veam26T9WR4
youtube.com/watch?v=_-hnfLRpimw
youtube.com/watch?v=aybHi0p_Fq0
youtube.com/watch?v=CnI_LuCJ4Ek
youtube.com/watch?v=Vq-kovIr2BE
youtube.com/watch?v=YN39bvtMJ3s
youtube.com/watch?v=cYMceYsIhTQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-Lza3NVH6Ig
youtube.com/watch?v=hATx6m3Lm7I
youtube.com/watch?v=MNm9tNZePew
youtube.com/watch?v=1hsnY3ZpCcw
youtube.com/watch?v=U3IlJuaAi8g
youtube.com/watch?v=qI_h49D1xo8
youtu.be/khtqLSXDjK0
youtube.com/watch?v=Tkj1DDKSDUg
youtube.com/watch?v=bHXaoonjmfI
youtube.com/watch?v=0mEGcz_n5OU
youtube.com/watch?v=frq70agiADY
youtube.com/watch?v=zFA0FYQo0Gg
youtube.com/watch?v=DI-DRbf_AZk
youtube.com/watch?v=A2t16sPIOdM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

We've already had this discussion. Poor blacks were in the company of poor whites (Irish/Scottish) in the south, and they adopted the pentatonic scale from their old folk music.

Waulking songs inspired blues. This in turn spawned rock music; which took whites to get into a palatable state for consumption.
youtube.com/watch?v=wgT3Fo5BLTs
youtube.com/watch?v=veam26T9WR4

Jazz is nothing more than modified scales from blues/rock. Looking like an idiot with saggy pants was a white trash thing.
youtube.com/watch?v=_-hnfLRpimw

youtube.com/watch?v=aybHi0p_Fq0

It's still their creation even if all what you said is true. A lot of white creation is getting something that already exists and modifying it. Even in Classical music there were composers who got inspired by Folk music.

Blacks most certainly did not create rock music, at least not single-handedly. The hallmarks of rock and roll - the backbeat, the I-IV-V chord progression, the instrumentation - all come from white music such as European folk music, country, and hillbilly.

>Looking like an idiot with saggy pants was a white trash thing
Nope that is a nigger thing. Started in prison.

DELETE THIS NOW

They all had European influence, you retarded nigger.

So fucking what? What's your point?

>rock
pump the breaks (pun implied) there muchacho

Because their music was able to develop without egregious capitalist influence.

They didn't give a shit about the money until the money found them. By then the music was already born, didn't matter if whitey liked it, it was there. Success came from being unique and new, nowadays everything is about money, so everything black artists make sounds exactly like the last 10,000 black artists looking for a paycheck.

You're retarded, Blues created rock & roll. Blues was black music.

>whats the point that black people had white influence?!

Too bad they didn't invent power electronics. The only genre that matters.

>You're retarded, Blues created rock & roll.

Blues certainly had a hand in it, but you're retarded or brainwashed by jews in academia if you believe that blues was solely responsible for the creation of rock and roll.

t. PhD is ethnomusicology, specializing in American music from the south.

So you need to create music from scratch to get credit for creating a new genre? Apply this thinking inside white creations where a white person X got inspired by other white person Y. Beethoven didn't make anything new because Bach came before him?

>It's still their creation
I think you are missing the point. It was already created, presentation was just different.

Perhaps one of the greatest contributor to "black music" was Ray Charles, and most of his music was adaptations of gospel music, which, once again, had its roots/authoring by white musicians.
youtube.com/watch?v=CnI_LuCJ4Ek
(based on "My Jesus Is All The World To Me").

I'm not really certain who you are trying to convince here, but if you come to Sup Forums making outlandish claims and illusions of grandeur without facts to back your claims, you're going to end up choking on red pills on your way out.

House is an aryan genre.
youtube.com/watch?v=Vq-kovIr2BE

Yes, that's correct. Just because it sucks and is specific doesn't mean it isn't true.

It's just adding to the argument that blacks create nothing

>Blues was black music.
No, it wasn't. It was a spin off of waulking and other folk music that was prevalent in the south. Read:

Ok OP overstated his claim initially when he said they "created" these genres but they definitely became the best at it. Blacks have superior sense of rhythm on average.

house and rap was an inspiration of hip hop and that was invented in Germany by kraftwerk

also so many genres you listed.. 5

the amount that was invented by whites is far more surpassing

You talk as if there is a clear point where you can point and say "the genre was created here" instead of it being worked over time with little changes. All the genres are like that.

It seems to me people in this board have a hard time with the concept of inspiration.

I did, he's wrong. The fact is it was black musicians that created the music that would later create rock & roll. The scales and the folk origins influenced their work, but their work was at the end of the day, theirs, not some other peoples.

>House music is a genre of electronic music created by club DJs and music producers in Chicago in the early 1980s

Whites were busy working, blacks just smoked weed and played music all day.

Why weren't black people smart enough to invent grindcore?

youtube.com/watch?v=YN39bvtMJ3s

>superior sense of rhythm on average.
Look, I don't think there's a "world's greatest drummer" contest, but if I needed to think of a few examples:
Danny Carey
Keith Moon
Alex Van Halen
John Henry Bonham

I actually tried, and cannot think of a black drummer that is on the level of these individuals.

Just because you see predominantly "black" high school marching bands and their 153-person drum sections with 5 flutes, 4 trumpets, and 1 xylophone, doesn't mean they are any better at "rhythm" than whites. It just means they like banging on shit in easily recognizable patterns - in stereo.

Are you even sure that White people invented music? We can't attribute it to any race until we determine where exactly music started. Maybe music started with neanderthals and all genres must be attributed to them.

war drums from clans but then again a pipe could also be used or a dead long forgotten instrument from ages that man has lost for all time

we'l never actually know

>Blacks have superior sense of rhythm on average.

Black rhythm is juvenile at best when compared to other great musical cultures with strong rhythmic traditions, such as in India. Indians do things with rhythm that are so complex that it would make a nigger get a job if he heard it.

You forgot mento and reggae roots.

youtube.com/watch?v=cYMceYsIhTQ

>blacks created music
>white people can't cook
>we wuz kangz

sage

Didn't the beastie boys make rap/hiphop? I have no idea if there's a difference I just remember intergalactic from way back.

Apparently you can't read. I didn't say anywhere blacks invented music. I said "many genres".

>House music
>Rap

These are so bad that they cancel out the others

No one cares. Kill yourself you dumb faggot.

sage

K, I'm pretty certain you're being intentionally daft just for bait's sake. History in replete with examples of genres being spawned, and then abandoned, then adopted by others and claimed culturally as belonging to a specific group.

Just because you don't hear waulking music on the radio doesn't mean it wasn't blues before blues was black. And, um, inspiration? What group do you think provided a majority of source material for inspiration?
Irish/Scottish folk --> Bluegrass
Bluegrass --> Country
Waulking --> Blues
Polka --> Mariachi

the only one i actually like.

Jazz is basically just a reintroduction of polyrythm into European music. European instruments/musical structure + polyrythm - harmony = Jazz.

Rock is a similar thing, because it came from combining blues and Scot/Irish music. Tell me this wasn't proto-rock: youtube.com/watch?v=-Lza3NVH6Ig

Hank Sr. was taught guitar by a black fella who was a blues muscisian, and he just combined the style. In the 40's, he sort of captured what was coming. His mainstream stuff has a decisively more pop sound. His more poetic work is a bit more reflective of his hillbilly roots: youtube.com/watch?v=hATx6m3Lm7I

> Even in Classical music there were composers who got inspired by Folk music

This was absolutely the case, but that's the nature of culture. The classical composers had their own unique culture and much of their influence stems from that. Those advanced composers of the baroque and classical era got a lot their starts from things they would here in their village, and learning to play by ear at a very young age before they ever learned how to read music or arrange anything, and then they learned the meme tier examples of the last few generations (most of Beethoven's early work was almost a copy and paste of Mozart stylistically). What was interesting about classical music was that, during the Renaissance, the Church was actively forcing out rhythm in music. Rhythm was seen as "carnal" and pagan to the biggest social power and Europe. This "pagan" style was so common in Europe for thousands of years until recently. So you have a lot of interesting and high culture examples of musical creativity that was designed to suit that era in polyphony. ex: youtube.com/watch?v=MNm9tNZePew This was embraced over the centuries and music continued to develop overtime, composers like Bach, Mozart and Beethoven especially would, in small fragments, reintroduce polyrhythm in sections of their music. Regression to the mean is real.

Ancient Greeks created rap

Nigger thats the reason you are shitting on Whites for. Which is it?

the origin of your "music" is hala nagiva

Can you at least admit that blacks shaped the genres mentioned in the OP?

The oldest known musical instrument to my knowledge was a bone flute from the Arugnacian period in Europe. This was a cultural explosion of sorts. The people were hunter-gatherers, or the "Cro-Magnon" men of stone age Europe. To my knowledge, they didn't even have weapons except maybe ranged hunting tools and ivory/stone cutting tools, which is probably why they got almost entirely BTFO by invading migrants tens of thousands of years later who had developed alloys and used bows, metal axes, etc.

Most ancient cultures probably had drums or some form of percussion. Those materials tend to deteriorate fast though, as they are just hide and wood and shit of that nature. They no doubt probably sang and had other unique musical things.

I found very odd than, not you, people say all the time that blacks are "so much culturally creative than anyone".
But they only create their most famous work while living on a white people's country. They never do or did any of that in Africa.
Even the most famous "Carnaval" were created while living here in the Portuguese and Spanish colonies, they never make it a a big deal in their native Africa were they had supposedly created the carnivals.

That is the final point on many of these topics. They seem to only "be influential" while living among other cultures. Like the Nubians were the most advanced black, because they lived right next to Egypt.

I thought I did user. Like I implied, I think the breakdown of Western views towards rhythm were inevitable. It was going to be re-embraced in a post-Christian scenario regardless of sub-Saharan African influence imo. But it was Jazz that got the job done. I used to study jazz when I was younger, and though I didn't like it as much as traditional high culture music or the experimental genres, jazz improved my technical understanding of music bigly, especially in rhythm. Also, I mentioned that Hank Williams was taught guitar by a black blues musician. And Hank was critical in developing the country/western genre and rock. Not to mention that a good deal of the major early rock musicians in the 50's were black.

Because they were downtrodden by white americans and needed an outlet of pain to communicate to the world their suffering. They fucking rock but I wouldn't say rock and roll was invented by blacks, but it wouldn't be there without the blues. God bless them. I love them to death and would love to meet a lot of these 20th century people who changed the world.

Just for an example, "Jazz" is an industry buzzword for "structured improvisation played by small ensembles," which literally every single culture on the planet has a tradition in

The short answer to your question is that you're a shallow, culturally and musically illiterate moron who falls for VH1-tier memes.

Can you show where people where playing what we perceive as Jazz before "Jazz"?

The real question is why do you care so much?

Show me the Miles Davis before Miles Davis or Mingus before Mingus

>I actually tried, and cannot think of a black drummer that is on the level of these individuals.

Mate, you just don't know much about drummers then.

Seriously, I'm racist as fuck but there are LOADS of top notch black drummers.

Art Blakey, Philly Joe Jones, Detroit Jo Jones, Elvin Jones, Billy Cobham, to name just a few.

They never would have created Jazz in Africa, because it is basically a synthesis of European and African music. In developing Jazz, it was a process of using musical and creative elements that felt natural to them outside of their element, using European instruments, musical structure and organization. And it was a big development in music history because of its uniqueness and sadly, its influence. (I've grown to hate jazz over the years desu).

If you can find an early copy of pic related for cheap, it's a decent book. I can't reccomend the version published in the 90's, as social science stopped being a science altogether after 1965-ish. But in terms of a book about social science and music, in the first or 2nd edition, it's a great and informative read if you're interested about this stuff.

still waiting for them to create something of more use.....

Rock was based on country, blues/rhythm & blues, swing and gospel--a pretty even racial makeup. White dudes like Link Wray were innovating it at the same time as black dudes like Chuck Berry. The idea of blues being "the originator" is a meme meant to gratify blacks; Appalachian folk musicians were playing pentatonic stuff before the first pavement ape got his hands on a guitar.

t. philistine

His scope is perhaps limited, but his top 3 would be my top 3 desu.

Because niggers can't be successful outside of entertainment. Never have, never will.

I'm kinda full of reading by now, got to read 600 pages for University for October and my own books, Codreanu (can't debate fascism without knowing wtf it is), The Prince and The Lucifer Effect.

But gonna save that image toi later, thanks user!

>"Service economy, I told 'em.. It'll be great, I said... And they believed me!"

>anarchist flag
>classist insults for not liking music propped up by the ruling elite, jazz

really makes you think

You said "never have but
Ben Carson? David Blackwell?

youtube.com/watch?v=1hsnY3ZpCcw

Have some more then.

If you can't let go of people you've been told to idolize, and stop putting so much emphasis on aesthetics, I can't help you to understand.

Yeah none of these genres weren't inspired by European folk music.
Foundation was made by whites and that is what means something.

Enjoy.

youtube.com/watch?v=U3IlJuaAi8g

>Foundation was made by whites and that is what means something.
You can apply that to all music and you'll realized that by following your logic most people haven't invented anything because they were inspired by music that came before. Instead of saying white use nationalities instead.

Forgot pic
>ruined_post.jpg

Yeah, don't bother with it for now. It's a quick and informative read when you get time though. I really liked Evola's commentary on art and what was going on in Europe, but that book helped me kind of navigate how wrong Evola and many contemporary philosophers were regarding music. It debunks a lot of meme tier leftist and pleb bullshit about music, too.

youtube.com/watch?v=qI_h49D1xo8

Where's the European folk influence in rap? It's gotta be microscopic, it's the ultimate postmodern genre.

They can take it. Congrats blacks, you have reaffirmed your people's reputation as thieves by inventing a genre based on stealing recordings.

great, one shittier than the other

This is now a black music thread
youtu.be/khtqLSXDjK0

I don't want there to be a European influence on rap desu.

Maybe limerick? But this would only assert the fact that the Irish aren't white.

>Where is the European influence in rap?
The language

No one is taking that away from blacks. You fuckers do that on your own.

>Take part in the innovation of the best music genres ever
>Have some of the most passionate singers and instrument players
>Put all that rich history in the fucking garbage and replace it with MUH DICK, MUH NIGGAS MY MONEY MY BITCHES HIP HOP DIGGITY NICK NACK JACK SHACK BIG BLACK SACK AND CRACK

If blacks followed that music culture instead of the shit they worship now, no one would make fun of you and no one would call you niggers.

They were probably influenced by something that came before them so by Sup Forums's logic that can't be credit with anything individually.

youtube.com/watch?v=Tkj1DDKSDUg

Honestly, black people today like rock, R&B and pop music and get a little annoyed when white frat bros ask them "ay, bruh, you like Migos? lol". Just my observation.

youtube.com/watch?v=bHXaoonjmfI

youtube.com/watch?v=0mEGcz_n5OU

youtube.com/watch?v=frq70agiADY

1) they are good at rythm, not "music" so to speak
2) the joos love to push niggering of our communities

Whites have no soul or rhythm

>rap
>music
Sorry i was referring to actual music

Can you write this album?
youtube.com/watch?v=zFA0FYQo0Gg

>European influence on rap

Rap is just rhyming to a beat, most cultures do that, only nigs decided to slap a label on it and say they made it.

It's the equivalent of country and western singers saying they invented singing.

Some niggas got soul

>imblying this is not music

youtube.com/watch?v=DI-DRbf_AZk

>whatever is just whatever
People always have these claims but show us rap before rap. You can't because there wasn't at most there something that resembled rap but nothing like the exact shape of rap.
Where is the Rap that isn't rap but was rap before rap so we can complain how poor it is musically and lyrically?

>Jazz is nothing more than modified scales from blues/rock
this is completely false and shows a complete ignorance of the art of jazz.

I suppose you're right about that user, fair enough. I was listing to some Nordic folk music last night (was just curious to see what I'd find) and even in their older languages, a select few of the pieces I heard were basically just men rhyming words to a beat, no accompaniment, sometimes singing it and sometimes together. But basically just that, as you describe.

Brazilians have a musical genre called "repente" where men rhyme over music but only a brainlet would call it rap.
youtube.com/watch?v=A2t16sPIOdM

True, white people were falling all over themselves to hire blacks. They literally begged them to work for them.

Sigh... nice bait.

>mfw it literally doesn't matter
Art is just the progression of one artist ripping off another. What race made what makes zero difference, because now look at what we have. Sure, there are some shit genres, but everybody has a preference, and without the influence of other artists, we'd probably still be beating on different rocks with sticks.

How would you make the distinction between rap and hip hop? Genuinely curious.

What exactly is the bait? These opinions are mainstream.