Why do religious people who believe in an afterlife get sad when someone dies...

Why do religious people who believe in an afterlife get sad when someone dies? Shouldn't they be happy for the dead person that they are chilling in heaven? In eternal paradise?

Other urls found in this thread:

liveleak.com/view?i=6b1_1489511873
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What if they know, that the loved one was a piece of shit in his/her life, and they know, that he/she will end up in hell?

The loss is personal. They will never hear their loved ones again.

I don't think anyone truly believes in an afterlife or God. They just hope there is one. There's always that doubt somewhere in their mind.

>Why do religious people who believe in an afterlife get sad when someone dies?
because they dont really believe. no one does

That's the whole point. It provides comfort. The concept of Western/Middle Eastern religions is based around forming rules/social structure and providing peace of mind.

One of the dangerous aspects of believing in heaven (whichever version it may be) is that it devalues actual real life. Sent to war? No problem! If you die you'll go to a city with golden-paved streets and half-naked angels!.

there is always doubt among the religious (because what they hope is true is void of rational thinking) and when reality slaps them in the face and they have to observe the cold harsh reality of their existence they slip out of their fantasy a little.

So is it like a case of the Emperor's New Clothes? Everyone that is religious knows and realizes that it's pretty much impossible for your consciousness to fly through the dimensions to hang out with God but everyone still pretends to be religious anyways?

Because you have forever to be in the afterlife (even if it is nothing) but have limited time on earth. Most religious people also cherish life and so a loss of life is a sad thing.

Life has been given, so seeing someone lose such a precious gift is a sad moment.

Because they won't be seeing them for a quite some time.

Why do people get sad when someone they care about goes away on a long trip even if they know they'll see them again?
BECAUSE THEY MISS THEM YOU AUTIST

I personally think it just depends on the situation.

If you're born into a religious household, grow up around, and incorporate it your entire life, you're likely to genuinely believe everything that's taught and told.

If you convert later in life, you're most likely doing it to fill a void. If you're poor, unhealthy, have a bad family situation, and/or are just generally down on your luck, you're more likely to turn to religion to bail you out. I think that's about when people really start to believe in it. You're at rock bottom so things can't go anywhere but up, and you tend to start working harder and "turn over a new leaf" when you convert. This leads many people to giving credit for that upswing to divine intervention.

Why Ryan Gosling though?

it's because they won't be able to see that person again. they're either fooling themselves to believe the afterlife is real or they're affected because it's emotional if it's not

Because cuckstianity is filled with weak selfish trash.

>not answering the question.

You're an emotionally weak religious cripple aren't you?

>One of the dangerous aspects of believing in heaven (whichever version it may be) is that it devalues actual real life. Sent to war? No problem!

That's not a bad thing at all. You forget that the post modern luxury and comfort you know is not the standard. Most of human history has been young men dying of black young from coal mines or dying in farm equipment or in wars or of horrible injury or disease.

A horrible, painful, abrupt death before your time is the human standard. This comfortable make it to the end of your life and die quietly on drugs in a hospital bed is the VERY new standard. As such, anything that provides comfort and peace of mind against an unexpected premature death is pretty much objectively positive, not a negative like you portray it

He's an avid atheist

In heaven they will

stfu trash.

It hurts to not see someone you love and everyone is afraid that there is sweet fuck all at lights out.

lol how, please explain wise one

A wild christcuck gets triggered*

Your religion is filled with weakness, love, compassion, god is better than your kin, love your enemies, we're all the same all brothers.

Go preach diversity with your globalist abrahamic desert religion elsewhere.

Because you won't see them for a while and you can't be 100% sure they were saved

faggot

Even if there is an afterlife, that person is gone from this earth and from their life. The separation is what hurts. You don't mourn someone when they die because their existence has ceased, you mourn because they are no longer with you.

>polatschool.jpg

no one really believes any of it. It is just used as a basis for positive and kind social interaction.

No one acts like this when people move away, though. The grief is far more extreme.

>you mourn because they are no longer with you.

Aren't humility and altruism core tenets of most religions? Your loved one is with God in HEAVEN. Isn't it selfish to be sad or pissed that they aren't with you anymore in this mortal coil?

No, feeling sadness is not selfish. You're stretching this reaaaaally far trying to make a point you've already convinced yourself of

Selfishness is not inherently-negative.

Even the Golden Rule is egoistic in nature.

I do. I firmly believe that everything had to come from somewhere. Also that some morals are universal.

>Sent to war? No problem! If you die you'll go to a city with golden-paved streets and half-naked angels!.
Allahu Akbar.
liveleak.com/view?i=6b1_1489511873

christians have been voting republican since donald trump was still a democrat and even before that

whats your point?

Bc they're selfish and wish that person didn't have to go

>Why do religious people who believe in an afterlife get sad when someone dies?
We miss the deceased
>Shouldn't they be happy for the dead person that they are chilling in heaven? In eternal paradise?
Maybe the deceased is not going to heaven. The prospect of our friend suffering in Hell eternally isn't a nice one.

I remember when a coworker who I also knew from church killed himself. He had been missing for about a week and was eventually found in his car having lit a charcoal fire to asphyxiate himself. Sad.

>Not taking the Bible literally

It used to be like that before monoteism in almost all religions. Judaism is the one that started the meme to have to be sad in front of death.

>Aren't humility and altruism core tenets of most religions?
>Isn't it selfish
Lrn to Total Depravity, brah. Even the best thing you ever do will be tainted by your selfishness. It's unavoidable.

>Your loved one is with God in HEAVEN
Only if my loved one is among the elect. If my loved one is among the reprobate, then they are doomed. It's perfectly rational to be sad that your loved one is being tormented in Hell.