In Toronto there is a festival called Nuit Blanche

In Toronto there is a festival called Nuit Blanche.

This year they will have installations praising the Russian revolution of 1917.

>Though it was commissioned prior to the monument debates heating up, a monument-themed architectural work nodding to the 1917 Russian Revolution will be set up in Nathan Phillips Square.

>New York-based curator Nato Thompson is teaming up with Russian collective Chto Delat, architect Yury Avvakumov and local artists and activists on Monument To The Century Of Revolutions, a “living exhibition” that will host performance and installations within shipping containers arranged into a small village.

Thoughts on this? They aren't even hiding it anymore.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/LztY2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump.

Bump. If this doesn't outrage you, you're probably from Toronto.

Nice doubles
Nice trips

But imo there's little we can do, and were too commie to actually have a politician say something against this.

>Thompson recently published the book Culture As Weapon: The Art Of Influence In Everyday Life and is also the artistic director of the roving Creative Time Summit, a conference about the intersection of art and politics taking place in the lead up to Nuit Blanche from September 28-30.

The artist knows exactly what hes doing. Promoting communist overthrow of our society.

Last bump

>shipping containers arranged into a small village
whoa this level of luxury must surely be for the politburo

It mentions in the article about how the are taking down statues and schools named after our first prime minister, because he supported splitting Indian families up, to prevent them from teaching their kids to hack up any whites they came across. The associated quote is something like "If you dont split the children from their families, all you will end up with is an educated savage who can read and write"

The alternate was not educating them, because they would use it against us and refuse to integrate. They killed our people off first, remember. Europeans were in America first, not the other way around.

True for the most part, but we can at least raise a voice against this despicable glorification of Communism. Months ahead of schedule people are already raising the alarm in the comments sections.

archive.fo/LztY2

Theres the article, its from 4h ago from "nowtoronto"

I live in Toronto

Why should I care?

Ive seen 3 stage captchas that work every time and dont make you redo it 15x over with all sorts of bullshit errors and failed to connect to google and shit. This is intentional shekel grubbing and censoring, I swear.

Has there ever been a more cringeworthy and embarrassing "leader" of a country?

If you don't care what are you even doing here?

Last bump also. You're on your own Toronto...

>If you don't care what are you even doing here?
Asking why I should care obviously, are you confused by something?

You don't see any political views being shoved down your throat animeboy?

>You don't see any political views being shoved down your throat animeboy?
A statue is just that: a statue.

You don't have to agree with what it represents just because it's standing there. I can watch movies about Hitler without agreeing with Hitler too.

A statue can also be a symbol, for better or for worse and in most cases is meant to be, a representation of an ideology or movement.

If statues were just statues you wouldn't have people chimping out over them. Don't fool yourself animeboy.

>They aren't even hiding it anymore.

Why hide it when people are oblivious? Yes it is the 100 year anniversary of communism, that is why every democrat platform has been so active as of late. That is why the iww are using antifa for a color revolution in america now.

Funny, even old sovoks now think Lenin and the bolshies were traitors to the nation.

>If statues were just statues you wouldn't have people chimping out over them. Don't fool yourself animeboy.
Other people's delusions have nothing to do with the essence of a statue.

Are you fucking retarded? This is exactly what the left wing is doing to confederate statues. I know this is one-sided bullshit if we don't take down their statues too, but an eye for an eye is not how modern society should work. If this keeps up, all statues of all kinds will be taken down for any perceived reasons.

>Other people's delusions have nothing to do with the essence of a statue

Conversely, the essence of a statue has everything to do with people's delusions. It's the same as waving a flag. Are you gonna say a flag is just a pole and cloth having nothing to do with people's delusions?

This comparison doesnt work.

You don't even know what conversely means, and
>Are you gonna say a flag is just a pole and cloth having nothing to do with people's delusions?
Yes.

The delusions are separate entities and should be treated as such.

Did I say ANYTHING advocating the statues should be prevented from being installed, fucktard? Why are you making assumptions?

I'm against the glorification surrounding the statue more than anything.

>I'm against the glorification surrounding the statue more than anything.
Elaborate. Do you mean statues should not hold significance to others? Glorification is going to happen as long as humans remain human, user.

Nothing to back that statement up? Explain.

Keep in mind this is being placed in Nathan Phillip's Square, a political belief blatantly shoved in people's faces. They only mention the Russian revolution in a positive light, far from the truth. I don't know how you can not see this as what it is: propaganda. Keep fooling yourself.

Perfect example of fluoridated Canadians living in denial by the way.

>Perfect example of fluoridated Canadians living in denial by the way.
You're obviously the odd one out here, try looking at it more objectively and not letting your feelings get in the way, you nearly come off as brainwashed.

I take pride in being the odd one out. Whenever I post on Sup Forums others commend me for not being like my fellow leafs and praise my "post to flag ratio".

In all honesty, I would kill myself if I was anything like you.

Objectively =/= passively

>Whenever I post on Sup Forums others commend me for not being like my fellow leafs and praise my "post to flag ratio".
Ah so you're the typical sycophant type then.

>Objectively =/= passively
Wow, brilliant observation, I commend you for your post to flag ratio.

Look who's letting their feel feels get in the way.

You're still the one unable to handle a statue going up in a city you probably don't even live in. I'm not sure what feelings you think are getting in my way.

Again, I'm more disgusted with the hype and glorification. If only THEY took the objective approach...

>Again, I'm more disgusted with the hype and glorification. If only THEY took the objective approach...
Are you even able to walk through a history museum without getting 'triggered'? You're the types people talk about when they say alt-righters are just right-wing SJWs.

You get off on being a condescending fuck, don't you? Your oh so superior cold logic above another's.

Museums are a different story, as there is nothing is being imposed. Or at least, much less imposing than a statue being brought out from the dark canals of history out into public space, with extra fanfare no less. You are coming to see the works, the works are not coming to your door from overseas.

Done fooling yourself yet? You've yet to make a single valid rebuttal in the course of this argument.

>You get off on being a condescending fuck, don't you? Your oh so superior cold logic above another's.

>Done fooling yourself yet? You've yet to make a single valid rebuttal in the course of this argument.

Oh the irony... I hope you don't have trouble sleeping tonight because of this statue my friend

No worries. Be sure to look for more funni XD reaction images if and when you run out. That's about as entertaining as your posts get, bud.