Did you learn about the achievements of your ancestors in school?

I'm gonna write an essay to a newspaper and I'm looking for answers from Eastern Euros and Balkans especially, but pls respond no matter where you're from. My hypothesis is that Westerners/Germanics are more open to other cultures because our culture and history has been erased. Arminius is perhaps the best example: one of, if not THE most important man in Germanic history yet no one knows who the fuck he is. No one in western Europe knows that we had to spill oceans of blood for our territories. I have a feeling this is not the case for balkans and Easterners, is that true?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3GqiAhqnMmE
youtube.com/watch?v=VDzfW9rHiQw
heimskringla.no/wiki/Sagaen_om_Volsungerne
heimskringla.no/wiki/Völsunga_saga
heimskringla.no/wiki/Fåvnesmål
heimskringla.no/wiki/Fáfnismál
heimskringla.no/wiki/Reginsmål
heimskringla.no/wiki/Reginsmál
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

German here, we don't learn anything about peope like that in our schools, so I gotta agree with your assumption.

Yes we did for 13 fucking years

Bumping your thread.

Nice. Can you give me some examples of famous battles and people? Also do you have statues of war heroes from past wars in Slovakia?

Thanks leaf.

From Wikipedia
"During the Unification of Germany in the 19th century, Arminius was hailed by nationalists as a symbol of German unity and freedom,[8] and was celebrated as a national hero in his German name Hermann.[9] Following World War II, however, schools often shunned the topic since it had become associated with the militaristic nationalism of the Third Reich, and many modern Germans have not heard about Arminius.[8] The 2000th anniversary of the battle was not commemorated by the German government.[8]"

I learned that history is extremely white washed

>The 2000th anniversary of the battle was not commemorated by the German government.
Yet the British PM wishes muslims around the world "Happy Ramadan". What a fucking clown world.

I think you might be right here, we have quite a lot of national holidays and traditions, also i probably know everything about any relevant slovene that ever existed in the history of my people thanks to school (or I should, at least...)

Nope. The only things we learnt were about slavery, the holocaust, European atrocities in New Zealand, etc... things that try to derail our European pride.

> i probably know everything about any relevant slovene that ever existed
Can you name a couple? I mean I could probably find it online but please name some real Slovene boss niggas.

That has been my experience too... and it's so fucking twisted because very few of the western world were allies of Germany.
>it was great that you killed the Third Reich but you have nothing to be proud of, it's time you kill yourselves too

>boss niggas

i mean, as far as i know, we didnt have any too badass people in history, we had quite a lot of researchers (J. V. Valvasor) , poets (France Prešeren) writers (Ivan Cankar), some notable military generals (funny story, when ww1 ended we invaded austria, we formed an army without our country's permission, we "won" but then more influential countries decided we cant keep that land, god bless you mr. Rudolf Meister btw), I could name a lot of people, named the most known ones i guess, though you've probably never heard of any of them.

My ancestors are Native American so yes! I also have a little bit of African just for fun.

>when ww1 ended we invaded austria
That's interesting... do they twist it into something shameful?

Same here. I love fucking with people when they wanna play the
>we are all immigrants
> this is everyone's America

and I'm all like...
>No its mine

BASED!

You are like archetypal representative of le 56% face

No we got told it was a big victory, but that its yugoslavia's fault (serbia) we didnt get the lands that were rightfully ours. There was a referendum in 2 "zones", A and B, yugoslavian army was disrespectful and scary to the population that lived in those zones, therefore, with the help of austrian propaganda, we didnt get any of the land we conquered.

>Open to other cultures
I don't know Bjorg, as far as I'm concerned Serbs are the most welcoming people that will always treat you with hospitality.

Italians and Greeks are fake.

Hungarians are honest and good people, much like Croatians.

Poles and Czechs and Slovaks are slightly socially akward, but still far more open than Hans or dutch people whatever their names are.

Britons (ethnic) will always talk as if they are drugged. Like they don't live in the same reality you do. The new Britons resemble Pakistanis with their "new" behaviour though.

The French are just dicks usually.

But no, I don't see how West is welcoming. Bosnia and Serbia are traditionally very open and Binland is traditionally introvert people. But you fags are nothing special.

I'm white just got a little native and african.

I'm not talking about how different countries treat tourists, I'm talking about why nordics are much more welcome to be conquered by Muhammad. I think your impressions comes from the fact that pretty much all nordics are pretty introverted, and we are like that too our countrymen too, so it has nothing to do with openness to other cultures.

But now that I think about it you may have a point. No one here dares to criticise muslims and niggers, but if a Pole breaks into your house it's completely accepted to say "fucking poles need to gtfo". I dunno man. The Jews tricked us hard.

Yep, here too. I still remember seeing holocaust victims and wondering why I should care.
And they taught us more about Aborigines than anything else.

>Learned about unification of Germany
>Learned about unification of Italy
>Learned about Leopold II without any of the propaganda that he was a mass murderer.
>Learned about World War 2, also the positive things about the Reich.

Our history teacher was pretty based to say the least. He even had a Stahlhelm on display in class.

I did, but I'm an oldfag ('76 vintage) and also went to private schools rather than government schools.

If you're of Anglo, French, Italian, or any hu-white ancestry, you can learn about the majority of your ancestors if you take AP European History.
Though that's a high-level class and most people don't care about what they're learning; they remember what they learn in class, spew it out on their exam, and forget about it. It's rare that anyone actually cares to remember.
However, most people will take the Honours or regular classes, to which they are put through State-run curriculum so they can learn all about "Muh death-camps" "muh pogroms" "muh slavery" "muh imperialism" and "muh moral communism"
It's disgusting really, at least AP teaches you how to argue, to think about what you're being told, and to learn more. The state-run Common Core classes are shitty at best.

What I'm trying to say is, you don't feel as welcome in Germany. Compared to how I get treated in Serbia/Bosnia, you probably don't get treated anywhere else in the world.

Hell, some people say Africans accept people entering their communities very well.

What I'm trying to say is that you're trying too hard trying to look like you're welcoming and shit, but in the end, people who do at least some travel find all these efforts fake and cosmetic.

It's like you're just trying to LOOK welcoming (in a horribly ethno-masochist way), not trying to BE welcoming.

youtube.com/watch?v=3GqiAhqnMmE

I don't get it, Anglos are the only non-huwhite.

We actually learn alot about our history: the dutch revolt and the father of the fatherland William of Orange.

Its also since this month obligated for schools to learn kids 2 stanzas of our anthem, which is about William of Orange.

I'm an English-Irish American.
The ONLY thing I learned about Western Europe was the Third Reich, the Holocaust, why the Jews are totally innocent and wrongfully persecuted, and that the Germans are evil.
We didn't learn anything about why the English colonists rebelled against the crown, they just started everything at the Boston Tea party and only talked about major figures lead the Revolutionary war. After that they cut straight to the American Civil War and used it as a huge opportunity to explain why the Confederacy was evil. I even lived in the south and they had to reverse engineer the text book to get a more balanced view on the civil war, and they only went through the trouble because most of the students were the descendants of confederates.
The way everything was presented made most kids believe that we all descend from the Roman Empire. Churches make us believe that we're all Israelites from the bible.
We learned nothing about northern European history.

And no, I can't possibly decipher why is it you desire all the Muhhamad, but most of the problem seems to be marxists are happening too fast.

Hell, US used to be 80% white 50 years ago. It took them 50 years to take 20% of democratic vote from the caucasian community.

We here, have had all these wars in past decades which had boosted nationalism, effectively delaying the 2nd marxist revolution. This allowed us to regroup on the internet, establish alternative media and shit when it was already too late for you guys.

Most of the Ahmet in your country still only has Asylum seeker status. You need to deport these people given first possible chance and before you do that, you must organize your alternative media to promote SERIOUS TALK on immigration limits.

Not much sadly.
I learned a lot about this legend here though.
>Leave the conservation of the whole Nordic culture of pagan stories and believes single handedly to me.jpg

>i just got a little native
>Anglos aren't hu-white
Take that back right now Chief "Wah-hoo Pee-pee-poo-poo"

I actually found that really offensive. Our culture is more than that and has many legions and tales that have nationalistic and right-wing values.

youtube.com/watch?v=VDzfW9rHiQw

kinda. it was more a history of the various invasions then some stuff about the tudors, jacobians and victorians. Never got a sense of there being a people, more like a country where a lot of shit went down

Hermann the German? I've heard of him

I don't even know how many times I have read him, I read him at high school for some subject there for the first time and now part one of my books are really worn out since then

My father, uncles etc they had to remember all of the kings or the teacher would smack them(lit), so when I started to read this stuff even after I was done with assignment he just went...
>no
>but you're done, why? whhy?
>our teacher was so mean, we had to remember all of them
I find it really cool though, a lot of the history we had to learn too ofc, but it wasn't so strict as with his gen and before that

Dunna what you're talking about

Learned about everything including Arminius the German.

Never even did a trip to the holohox museum

Retroactively ,looking back German schools are intellectual heavens compared from what I hear from burgers where their whole history is exclusively dedicated to being racist to whites and shit mouthing their history and culture.

Onlymissue I had ismshilling for revolutions and learning more about US history than German-vassal state practise

In my area we took local state history from Jr. High (middle school) all the way to High School. Learned about how the local government and infrastructure was established, encouraged everyone in the class check their ancestry to see if there's any native blood, (and even if not, learn about their ancestry anyways) the kinds of people that settled here, etc.

And having a lot of native blood from my state's founding in me, it was a pretty comfy class.

Regular history except maybe higher level AP history classes don't tend to cover specifics in countries outside of West Europe, China, Russia, and Africa. Our local school system hated the state-run stuff, however, and ran it with less of a bias.

Lets see
Halvdan Svarte
Harald Hårfagre
Eirik Blodoks
Håkon den Gode
Harald Gråfell
Håkon Jarl
Olav Tryggvason
Svein og Eirik Jarl
Håkon Jarl
Olav Digre
Håkon Jarl and Svein Knutson
Magnus the good
Harald Hardråde
Magnus Barefeet
Olav Kyrre
Oystein Magnusson
Sigurd (((Jorsal)))sfarne
Magnus the blind

I don't remember anymore, that is I remember more Kings but not the exact order of them
Hardest part is really Ynglingesaga

>It's like you're just trying to LOOK welcoming
Exactly. Norwegians don't care about sandniggers, but they care about not being called "NAZI" by their peers.

out off curiosity do you have to remember the whole linage of Kings at jr high/high school? Did your parents have to do it?

How about you íslendingur? were you forced to remember them all and what about your parents?

We also had the saga stars and had to read several sagas and make papers on them too, that was related to Snorri's Kringla heimsins. We also started learning old norse so from there it was easy to pick up icelandic, but we didn't get fluent in though. I still got my word books so

>Most of the Ahmet in your country still only has Asylum seeker status.
I wish you were right, but that's not true at all..

>Did you learn about the achievements of your ancestors in school?
Yes, but there's too much to cover and we skipped a lot of important stuff. Our history classes need to be rethought imho.

>No one in western Europe knows that we had to spill oceans of blood for our territories.
Well, here in the South we are taught about the Reconquista and how our First King BTFO the Moors hardcore.
>knight yourself at 14
>raise an army
>tell your mom to fuck off
>conquer her land
>your men declare you their King
>btfo Leon, force them to acknowledge you
>proceed to crusade against the moors
>conquer more than half of what is now Portugal
Plus our wars of independence against Spain, like pic related.

>emilie næreng

lol this should get trending

our media is a complete and total embarassment. honestly, cnn, nyt, wp, abc, the whole shebang, while awful, is still less pathetic than norwegian media. theyd eat that shit up

>lol this should get trending
agreed

Nah, just the important ones. I doubt more than 20% of my country could have named Queen Elizabeths father before the film the kings speech. Not sure about my parents. I'd say I was taught about at least 20 monarchs though

Yeah.
> BRITS BAD
> BRITS EVIL
> BRITS RACIST
Never heard a peep about how we kickstarted the ending of slavery in many places, or even about how we fucking made penicillin.
Just constant shame tactics.

it's a long time ago now, but it was sorta similar here. You learned about the industrial revolution and so in the west and ww1 and 2. The americas

And a whole wopping lot of our own history, which was the main focus both in jr high and high school, from the stone age and up and very much around right before the viking age, the expansion during that time iceland, the faroes, orkneys, hebrids, shetland well all around britain, france greenland and the americas and other countries and all the civil wars we had up intil we fell in the 1300ds. The black death, the danish time and then more boring modern history, once more people wandered with boats over to america but with peacful erends

shitloads of gov stuff and stuff like that.

man this was long tired post, I must admit I never paid any attention at all to the boring shit like ibsen, wergeland and those guys 1814 and 1905 were important though

No. They didn't even taught our own language in school, just foreign languages on the curriculum for 15 years

My parents are Polish, they learned of Every major battle and important figures and Kings/leaders. Also some heroes like The BLack Knight, Zawisza Czarny I think his name was.

(checked)
kek fucking saved
(checked)
20 is still a fair share though, but I bet it was with your parents like with mine if they couldn't name them all without error the teacher would come and hit them with this big ruler like think

>TRAITOR LEARN THE LINAGE!
>SMACK
>O..
If they made a sound they got more I think, I must ask him next time I go to him

Forgot to add pic

Frankly these pupils today could need a bit of a spanking if they didn't remember. We were never hit, I'm not quite sure when they stopped doing that. My father never gave me a beating either, but he got a beating all the time

Nope. Just that niggers deserve gibs, natives didn't do nuffin', and nazis are the devil

Not as I recall, we did have to read a bunch of Sagas which have so many names and large family trees in them that you just forget who is who if you don't note it down. My parents studies the sagas too.
We never studied much about the kings. Only if we were studying about the Age of the Sturlungs which we did a lot and it was very much connected with Haakon of course. We weren't too much connected with the other Nordic countries during that age so it doesn't integrate much into our history which is why I think we don't study them that much. I mean our ancestors were basically some introverted but ambitious Norwegians and the most beautiful Celtic women they could steal and rape.
We just wanted to be left alone and progress, along with conserving ourselves, still do.

We've got one of those here

rare

Looks like it's placed as far away from the nearest nigger as possible.

>we did have to read a bunch of Sagas which have so many names and large family trees in them that you just forget who is who if you don't note it down
kek, yeah it's so typical you know I assume most there are related to some of the people from sagas.

I grew up some icelandic neighbors and they were related to Eigill Skallagrimson far back

And if you are going to remember who is related to who in all of these, it's almost impossible even though I know you got memory for these things, you must write it down and try to make trees. It's always a problem when you read them

Makes sense too that you would focus on those, since you spring from them after you had to flee from the rampages off Harald the first

What achievements?

Yes, but I'm from a family that's been in virginia since it was a colony. Everyone else basically thinks of anglo/colonial americans as atlantis. I almost would have too, if i couldn't put two and two together.

(checked)
Ah it's Sigurd Fåfnesbane, he killed Fåvne a big nasty serpent. Sigurd was together with a valkyrje named Brynjhild.

I remember this one, but not entirely by heart though I should have it in one of my collections of sagas/sagn. It's volsunge saga I think.
I must read these ones again, besides Ynglingesaga I usually read the never ones

(checked)
whatcu voting for breh?

wtf

Another picture of Sigurd/Sigurður/Herman/armenius

Sadly I don't got any english sources for you here, this site is very good it has all the material we got but only in nordic tongues

>Völsunge saga
>modern börkbörk
heimskringla.no/wiki/Sagaen_om_Volsungerne
>old norse
heimskringla.no/wiki/Völsunga_saga

Fáfnismál
>börkbörk
heimskringla.no/wiki/Fåvnesmål
>ON
heimskringla.no/wiki/Fáfnismál

Reginsmál
>Börkbörk
heimskringla.no/wiki/Reginsmål
>ON/IS
heimskringla.no/wiki/Reginsmál

He appears many other places too, very important of the oldest guys

I'm not sure but I think alliansen or frp, that is if I get my ass in gear though. Undecided really

Bumping your thread again.

>that is if I get my ass in gear though
Voting is not an option this time friend. In Oslo, where the birth rate is suicidal, the population has still grown by 100.000 people in just 8 years. 4 years of AP would be a fucking disaster and they would be lenient on sandniggers because at least like 80% of them vote left.

If we refused shitskins the right to vote, FRP and H would win every election for eternity. Really makes you think.

Also I think you should vote FRP rather than Alliansen. Shit is too vulnerable now to vote for a meme, and Sylvi has done a damn fine job.

*NOT voting is not an option

We learned very little of our heroes, unfortunately. More time was spent on the Trans-Atlantic slave trade, slavery in the United States, the treatment of Indians in America, and Jim Crow laws.

No. My education was so shit that I barely knew that Britain had an empire until after high school.
You're not allowed to tell kids that we had dominion over the lesser races.

It was only ever mentioned in the context of the slave trade.

you are fully right in this that it isn't the time to be lazy and don't vote this time and it is immigration solely immigration that drives me. I have been really lazy in the past.

Going to oslonistan is frankly just depressing, shitskins, niggers, junkies everywhere. It used to suck, but now it's unbearable there. The safe one as you say here is ofc to go for FRP, even though it would have been extremely funny to get alliansen a seat. I still remember when the coast party got a seat

Feminist bullshit.

We learned about da evil yts oppressin the peaceful communistic natives and muh railroad. I liked science class better

>extremely funny to get alliansen a seat
True true... not only funny, it would be a legit change in politics for once. I just don't see it happening, and if thats the case, its better to go the safe route.

Dude, stuff like Vikings is what women need to see to make themselves proud of who we are. As it is now, lefties think that we are just blank slate who needs muslims to bring culture to our lands.

Also it was really funny that Sylvi went to (((Sweden))) today, to show much it sucked.
Fucking rude (((swedish))) minister that first said ok to have a meeting with her, and then refused when she arrived

who the fuck does that? Swedes that's who.
Too bad it became to much off a media circus around it so it was impossible for her to speak with locals

haven't checked swedish media but it's probably full about ebin nazi ministers coming to swedenistan and stuff

Huh. Which province are you from? In Quebec all we learned was a brief overview of Quebec settlement and expansion, with an emphasis on the systems/government employed at those times, among many other things.
Slavery was only ever mentioned in English class. Right after 4 months of holocaust themed assignments.

I absolutely didn't learn anything from the Visigoth period. I only knew until 2 years ago that Hispania was already a hugely developed region and that muslims didn't really bring anything new to the table.

Alberta, my social studies teacher was an actual trotskyite though.

>Too bad it became to much off a media circus
It's fucking ridiculous. It's completely appropriate to point to Sweden and say "let's not become like this". And I think the average Norwegian sees that. It's just the leftist media losing their shit over nothing again.

I forgot about this, we actually had quite a lot of it, the vandals too, but I don't really remember all these names by hand though. We didn't go so full in saga mode detail here, but we had a lot about it and rome too in general ofc

hehe yeah I just watched dagsrevyen today, but even them went full retard too. Even how much they shilled she still got through to most people

Fucking Venstre went to Groruddalen and they went all
>oy vey, don't look at sweden
>bad goyim, sweden has nothing to do with this election
>Sylvi is bad you hear, really bad now look at these poor shitskins students. Sylvi doesn't care about them

Pathetic this shit should be illegal they are supposed to be fucking neutral, ((((Trine))) and (((Venstre))) and (((pakkis Rajja or how you spell it))) are irrelevant anyways, nobody votes for them.

I'll bet they will do a 6 million hour segment on that jackass from rodt too next when THEY DON'T HAVE A FUCKING SEAT. This shit is triggering

I grew up in Groruddalen and if there was any doubt, the sandniggers there are a fucking problem. They presented it as proof of multiculturalism being a success, but any Norwegian from there will tell you that's not true. We didn't segregate as much as people in the US, but most of the drug dealers and violent people were shitskins.

>Tfw I learnt about Wilberforce and Flemming and the guy who made vaccines (in Biology though).
When I learnt about the empire they focused a lot on how we bought infrastructure to the rest of the world, so it was pretty decent.

tragic that they do this
and obviously the curriculum is very different from place to place / time to time

I honestly dunno the status here today, but they all have a fixed curriculum they must go through, same books etc.
never been in there, I grew up in an all white environment but you could ofc just jump a couple off schools over and it was full of shitskins as well.

there always was a lot of booze and drugs here too though and we used to fight in part the pakis in oslo there.

That said we don't want it like this here they have to start deporting. One thing I don't understand either if you go to Oslo now it's tons of illegals from morocco etc that just zombie around and try to sell you drugs, it's piss annoying. Why the hell are they not just fucking getting the busses ready and start to round them up, it's going to fucking slow. I could have done that in 1-2-3 and the area would have been cleared.

I mean ffs you go 10 meters in there and the they go
>do you wanna buy some hashish mister
do fuck off I don't want any hash

another 10m
>psst hashish?
FUCK OFF

you get really pissed off that shit

How annoying I just read about Sigurd Fávni's bane here in ops picture. Part when it gets as old as this place names might have changed or dissapeared, and when you have the books it always says where it is if one knows

Anyways after killing Fáfnir and his brother Reginn he is heading for a place he calls the Hindar mountain to get Brynjhild.

Now I didn't know if they were in the alps or up here or where they were, trying to find the place on google maps was hopeless(ofc), but it's a last name here.

That means that the place is most likely up here and it's probably the name of a farm somewhere. Ugh I hate fucking google too, impossible to find anything useful at all. FFS our own search engines found this shit in 1-2-3 in the fucking 90ies

Well it's how it is when read these texts though, can't rely on google for shit, neither maps nor searching. We prolly got some farm register where it's possible to find the farm, but I dunno how into

late night rant

er du norröntanon?