The city bought Microsoft-based Nokia smartphones as part of a $160 million NYPD Mobility Initiative that Mayor Bill de...

>The city bought Microsoft-based Nokia smartphones as part of a $160 million NYPD Mobility Initiative that Mayor Bill de Blasio touted as “a huge step into the 21st century.”

>Law enforcement sources blamed the boondoggle on NYPD Deputy Commissioner for Information Technology Jessica Tisch, with one saying, “She drove the whole process.”

>“Nobody purchases 36,000 phones based on the judgment of one person,” a source said.

nypost.com/2017/08/28/nypd-needs-to-replace-36k-useless-smartphones/

Other urls found in this thread:

gigaom.com/2013/10/08/this-phone-costs-nearly-4000/
theverge.com/2017/1/31/14460266/nypd-body-cam-all-new-york-police-department
nytimes.com/2006/11/19/fashion/weddings/jessica-tisch-and-daniel-levine.html?mcubz=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The story is more nuanced. The phones were actually perfect for what they bought them for.
They were durable, had long battery life, and cheap.
The software they used worked entirely as they needed.
The problem was the cops were too dumb to use the phone, so some other moron decided the solution is to buy different phones.
SPOILER: they will be too dumb to use the iphones as well.

>too dumb to use a smart phone
>allowed to shoot people dead
Sounds more like a huge fucking scam

Shaun, is that you?

Twist: they'll buy whichever phone lets them be the most racist

I wish, lad.

160,000,000 (160 million) divided by 36000
=

what phone costs over 4 thousand dollars?

gigaom.com/2013/10/08/this-phone-costs-nearly-4000/

HTC is producing a limited edition version of its flagship One smartphone. The phone is plated in 18-carat gold and costs £2,750 (or approximately $3,734).

clearly a fucking scam

>implying Microsoft mobile OS wasn't crafted directly from the devil's shits
give them some credit m8

user, it doesn't say the phones themselves cost $160M. That is for the entire initiative which likely included testing, training, support, repairs, custom software, and tons of man-hours.

Are you agreeing with me that the NYPD's main hobby is racial genocide

Tisch surname = jewish

11 replies to get to anti semetism folks.

If you guessed 11, collect your prize.

>Jessica Tisch
Her father is a member of Council on Foreign Relations

This was from the article in OP
>“She’s a terror if she doesn’t get her way, so I usually let her get her way,” Bratton had joked.
>“So she’s certainly getting her way with this technology.”
>Sources said Tisch, whose late grandfather co-founded the Loews Corp. conglomerate, insisted on Microsoft-based phones in part because the NYPD was already using Microsoft software to run the video surveillance program at its Lower Manhattan Security Initiative Command Center.

Definitely something fishy

No problem. They will make the money up with plenty of manspreading fines.

Glad I don't live in NY anymore, fuck that piece of steaming pile of shit place

>something fishy
You mean kinda like how they ordered 36,000 phones? They literally ordered one for every cop yet I've never seen one of these bullshit devices at all. This is just money laundering scheme

graft.

That's interesting, are you in the force?
She was also involved in piloting body cams
Something might be fishy with those contracts too

>buy shitty locked-down unmodifiable Windows phone
>replace it with shitty locked-down unmodifiable iPhone

fucking heck

digits confirm iphone replacements

>listening to women

>They literally ordered one for every cop yet I've never seen one of these bullshit devices at all.

Are NYPD officers allowed to use their own phones instead? If so, I bet there's a shitload of those Nokias in drawers.

No I am shaun. sup

>Definitely something fishy
Definitely something Tischy

I've worked on these kinds of (((contracts))) before. 95% of the money is given to (((contractors))). I'd guarantee either a relative or good friend of someone signing the checks is handling the IT work.

why don't they flash the phones they have and put what they need on there. i'll do it for them for 1 million dollars.

> trusting google instead

Don't WEW me or my wife's lad ever again.

NYC is rich, they can afford it.
Same with CA bragging about being rich as fuck. Surely they too can afford $3 billion to aid everyone in CA by helping them buy a tesla for the green virtue signaling.

theverge.com/2017/1/31/14460266/nypd-body-cam-all-new-york-police-department
>A contract to outfit the entire police force with cameras could be worth up to a quarter of a billion dollars over 14 years.
>This deal has been in the works for months. This past year, the city chose VieVu as its camera supplier for 5,000 units, and this past summer, a draft policy circulated that pertained to the situations when an officer would be required to activate his or her camera.

>obsolete

>cant make calls

how can they possibly be fucking "obsolete"

We need that money to go toward keeping the trains on the goddamn tracks.

You can build a subway with that much money. A bunch of phones for police officers sound like white collar crime, its widespread and common.

Peruvian police contact German manufactures and coordinated to renew the current pistols. Media went nuts when prices were 200% the market ones, how can the factory and a state deal be more expensive? The company executives said the local police asked for a modified version with 2 unique parts that increased the price. The police defend themselves saying they just followed the preliminary analysis that concluded that the guns needed modification (3 mm more there or other very simplistic shit). Experts were interview and said the analysis was a joke.

After 3 months many policemen were complaining the trigger was failing, the media went in again and the manufacture said it wasn't their fault because their entire design is perfect in the commercial one not the mod our police asked, so it was never tested. Police officers concluded the analysis was a mistake and re-order a normal version one to the manufacture. This had a cost of course.

Short long story it costed about 320% the market price per firearm. Totally legal, an scandal, no one is responsible unless you want to arrest a little unknown lab that probably never did a research before for defrauding public treasure in a billionaire deal.

You don't have to be a genius to known all the parts involved took a share of the overprice.

>We need that money to go toward gibs

confirmed.

nytimes.com/2006/11/19/fashion/weddings/jessica-tisch-and-daniel-levine.html?mcubz=1

Where is the anti semitism, jew?

Naming the jew isnt antisemitism, and you cant cry muh antisemitism every time someone notices who is behind the racket.

Surely it's just a (((coincidence))), every time, right?

This shit pisses me off. It's everywhere and every one knows it. How do we make them accountable? Full government transparency?

Yes. And probably, all government contracts are ponzi schemes at this point
>are cops allowed use their own phones?
Usually. Most cops have no business needing a work phone, everything and everyone you usually need to talk to can be reached on the radio. Detectives can con their way into a free phone because they aren't stupid and no phone bills

de Blasio is such a dumb motherfucker. I don't know how these mouth breathing retards can get so far in society. It kind of makes me feel bad for myself.

I guess you really only need Charisma mixed with luck/connections to get far in this world.

You make item requisition a per-employee purchase, working within a reasonable budget, and when a mistake happens you make the 2 people involved in the transaction pay for the mistake personally, drastically reducing inattentive purchasing.

Accountability is the solution, unfortunately corruption happens at the top and trickles down.

Thanks for your hard work. It's pretty messed up, seems like she got her job through nepotism as well.

I am building a political movement here. First enemy of the public wealth is secrecy. There is no reason to hide geopolitical interests, or who you voted. If most people are informed of what the higher ranks are approving they can control corruption as more subordinates want the chair up.

I don't know how the Government isn't run using SAP like software.

This can defuse many international organizations too if they have to reveal everything.

No. I'm Shaun.

Nope. But I can this time.

Check this, YOU are a Nazi and you hate Jews.

>It's all the cops fault they were too dumb to use the phone!
>This is "more nuance"

Your story sounds like pure kikery

Nazis dont exist anymore, newfriend.

They all died back in WWII. Are you a time traveling jew??

If this were true Sup Forums would join the force.

Accountability is why lawyers are hired, no matter how well the laws are white crime always find a way to increase the initial price over time.

The most low one was using a natural disaster it happen last year. They were building a bridge the state already paid them +50%, and the river destroyed most of the initial base, they claimed lose of all equipment and physically impossible materials. The contract didn't ask the third party assurance for a natural disaster, and the congress approved fast cash for infrastructure to keep the works on the weeks after the crisis. The constructor managed to ask +50% of the price in cash again as if it was day 0.

Wow who would've guessed that putting a woman in charge of something would've had disastrous consequences?

Most of this "mistakes and errors" are planned to steal public treasure.

No one will go jail for it though.

Why are the phones useless, exactly?

So the tech director was bribed by microsoft to give microsoft their budget and user base for a new phone model that needed to take from apple and googles market share?

Top fucking kek, mate!

California is 8 billion dollars in debt already to the U.S. budget. NY is also in massive debt this year.