Be me...

>Be me, first day of required upper division literature class at college >sit down and look at professor >300lb land whale with pink harpy haircut
>herewego.exe
>introduction to class she comes of as not so bad, seems like I misjudged her
>passes out syllabus and begins going over class expectations
>nope.webm
>her background is in women's studies, gender studies and intersectionality
>calls out the "cis hetero white males" in the room saying we need to learn these topics most and to not worry because she won't be coming after us too hard
>glance around the room too see there are only 2 other white males in the 25 person class
>see my 2 fellow anglos looking down in awkwardness
>reading list contains 10 books, 9 are by women, 1 by a black man
>calls out the "cis white males" once more before class breaks urging us to not drop the class and to "give it a chance"

As a fourth year student in my school's business program I've never encountered this at all. What should I do Sup Forums? I plan on getting a different professor and writing a complaint to the head of the English department. Are all majors other than business and STEM this bad? So glad I decided against majoring in political science.
>pic related is her but 150 pounds lighter and 10 years younger

Other urls found in this thread:

ce.colorado.edu/courses/modern-and-contemporary-literature-for-nonmajors-engl-3060/#
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I've actually had mostly decent professors throughout undergrad and into grad school. The only two I've hated are two of the only female professors I've had. They can't keep their politics to themselves which is incredibly unprofessional, especially in political science.
>inb4 waste of money, I haven't had to pay a dime in tuition

Stand up announce you are dropping that communist class and walk out. Even smarter would be to get a refund and go to trade school, you'll save a ton of money and time.

hahaha, I'm in my Senior year of computer science and I'm in a Rhetoric class. No whale but I suspect to have an interesting semester. Just remember to play along, do not let them win and out you as the Nazi you are. Stay strong and have fun with it. Drop some subtle redpills if you can.

Dump some redpills in her coffee.

College professor here.
I'm calling bullshit. You're making it sound like the course doesn't have content. What is it's title? What does the paragraph spiel about course goals say? I suspect you're making this up because you're a whining faggot. Also, English literature is a massively content-driven field. It's mostly about learning to understand the literary works of a large number of writers, together with the contexts that help them make sense. You're not going to write a letter to the head of department because, once again, you're making this shit up. Most likely you perceive yourself as a victim and as smarter than everyone else when actually you're neither.

I had a class where my teacher:
>described her upbringing as "boringly anglo", and that she hadn't met a colored person until she was an adult
>did not get married until her sixties
>would make comments on how "neat" every colored person's name was in class, and try to get to know them while calling role
>urged us to recycle
>made a trump joke as the ice-breaker
>and remarked on the tallest black guy in class on how he must have "such a clearer vision than her, being so tall"
All on the first day of class. Needless to say, I dropped it right after class, and signed up with an old-school history teacher man instead. Unfortunately, he retires soon.

Honestly was shocked to hear her name the white male on us, looks like the time is officially here, white shoah inbound think I can get her fired? She's teaching her first English class and I don't think she's tenured because she also teaches at a smaller school about 45 min away

this story is fishy
>reading list contains 10 books, 9 are by women, 1 by a black man
this would obviously be some sort of Contemporary Literature class and you would be almost certainly aware of what it would contain by its course description

lol you're a fucking moron, kys.

>300lb land whale with pink harpy haircut
Drop the class. Now.

Yeah that sounds like an associate or adjunct professor. She probably only has a Masters or is a PhD student/candidate.

>college professor here
yeah, I;M calling bullshit
if true then fucking kill yourself
I'm at city college and have been called out as the only white kid in all my classes for no reason by the teacher
I am constantly on the defense everywhere I go while simultaneously being the only capable of passing/interested in the class, not to mention how shamefully watered down the education has become (five options for african american history, no options for rom history, etc.)

Nothing you've said undermines OP's claim, yet your flag destroys your claim of being a college prof.

Pic of sylabus

(((Required Texts)))

>Yeah that sounds like an associate or adjunct professor. She probably only has a Masters or is a PhD student/candidate.
There's a pretty good chance this is true. People who care about money and not learning (aka neoliberal freemarket beancounters) have overseen the casualization of academic labor, which means a lot of teaching gets done by people who are underqualified and underpaid. A general tip: always try to take a class with a prof who is tenured or on the tenure track (i.e. has the title of Assistant Prof, Associate Prof, or Prof).

>(five options for african american history, no options for rom history, etc.)
Honestly, I've never come across this before. In English literature, most curricula are still driven by a principle of historical coverage, which means there's always a medieval option and a Shakespeare option, as well as 19th C. fiction and plenty of options to suit people of all political or aesthetic persuasions.
Roman history now is a small field that not all institutions teach, but that's for separate reasons.

I think his point is this being an "upper division literature class", I guess 200-level or so would mean that it's covering a specific subject. You do not have general classes at this level. It sounds like a Contemporary Lit. class and if OP knew what those were going into it he wouldn't be surprised at all

Write a formal complaint saying you are being singled out because of your race and sexuality and that's it 2017. Then drop the class hard.

>Modern & Contemporary literature

ok I'm not surprised
don't you know what this means?

I signed up for a little credit in college once.

Professor opened first class by asking people to share passages from their favorite black female authors and people ACTUALLY HAD PASSAGES LOCKED AND LOADED.

Open minded as I am I gave it a shot until an Asian lad started reading about a woman's experience watching her husband be beaten (the work was from the point of view of slaves in the antebellum south). The girl next to him literally began to cry and the professor held a fist up and said "preach it brother".

As a STEM major I literally laughed and just walked out. I love literature and read a ton but my fucking god.

>This was in 2006

Sorry, bro, but that sounds like complete shit. I'm guessing you're at some shit-tier community college. Definitely change course. That class has no focus or central concept. It's just vomit on a page. In my department, that kind of proposal absolutely would not be approved. Think about transferring to another institution, ideally one where the people teaching classes also publish books regularly.

>I'm guessing you're at some shit-tier community college
>ENGL 3060

ok there's no way you work at a university, I'm calling you out right now

(((Required Texts)))

>I plan on getting a different professor and writing a complaint to the head of the English department.
Do this. Wish I would have done more before dropping my meme lit degree for full-time wagekekkery, but I didn't know then whether gassing kikes was simply a phase I was going through.

>Engl3060
What sort of fucking class numbering system goes into 4 digits, you absolute madman

Professor does not believe literature can be defined.
Remind her of this whenever she disagrees with your opinion.

Drop that class! You have buy those ten books and your money goes to those freaks who wrote those books.

holy shit just that front page gave me rectal cancer. who the fuck is approving this shit? we wonder why our kids are fucking morons that can't hold a job at McDonalds?

Handmaid's Tale.

In fucking college.

Hey at least you get to skip a book since you probably read it in 7th grade, right?

Who the fuck is Neale Hurston? Is your LIT teacher seriously that dumb? In a world of spellcheck, fat sjw bitch couldn't even be bothered?

Yeah, enjoy your fake ass literature course

Sorry, but you're at a terrible institution. That syllabus isn't fit to print. Just look at the formatting. She's all over the place with periods, dashes and commas. There's no consistency in her punctuation. Some of the books are actually pretty interesting, but it usually does matter which edition you purchase (usually so that in class discussion you can all find the right page and because something like A Room of One's Own will have gone through multiple critical editions with some textual variants. Run away from this class, since the instructor doesn't seem competent. Also, run away from the institution because this level of syllabus quality isn't acceptable. Find a decent campus of your local state university and transfer there instead.

Ask why you aren't reading "The Turner Diaries" as an example of modern literature.

>Are all majors other than business and STEM this bad?
Pretty sure those are the only majors available. Anything else and it would be called a waste of time, extended high school program.

It's supposed to be 20th century literature of a variety of modern and post modern works, it's a class for non English majors... Guess they gotta go hard on us goys who don't get the full 4 years of indoctrination

Those are literally all high-school level books.

I'm at a major university that had a top 25 football team last year

Actual professor here, with an actual phd, teaching EE. Go kill yourself.

>those hairy ass knees

are you saying you had no other options than this specific class for an English requirement or whatever this fulfills? Virginia Woolf is genuinely decent and I've actually heard good things about Toni Morrison (Sup Forums would hate her though)

Take one for the team and record the shit in meticulous detail. Then write to the HoD

I feel ya OP
>Last semester
>Decide to take a nonfiction class to get one of my core requirements down
>60 year old teacher hands out syllabus, the subtitle for the class is "Race and Ferguson"
>Prepare myself
>Class is essentially "we wuz kangz" and "fuck whitey" for the entire year
>have to give two speeches in the course
>topic is Race, Masculinity and Fear
>Bullshit my way through it all
>all feedback says I was really passionate and informed on the topic and gave the best speech
>mfw the person who did the best was the one who thought it was complete BS

get your grade and pass the class. Then go on to make double or triple what she makes. People are stepping stones user

You owe him an apology lad

why are you taking a literature class
also report her to the dean

>What is it's title?
The state of education...it's...fagget.

ce.colorado.edu/courses/modern-and-contemporary-literature-for-nonmajors-engl-3060/#

he's lashing out because people realized he was lying about being a professor

>first day of university
>first lecturer is a woman with "a background in sociology"
>fat, wearing skin tight black dress that cut off above the knee
>thigh high black boots
>choker
>lecture was about social change
>entire lecture is actually about all the bad things whitey did to the black man in america prior to 1970
>slide frames of Donald trump where she makes jokes about systematic racism existing to this day
>immediately email university administration detailing her biases and lack of professionalism
>it was apparently her first lecture
>lectures to new students are all screened before being shown now
This isn't how Sup Forums told me the world operates.

>Tortilla Curtain
lol

You're implying that this cancer hasn't already metastasized. Every post makes it more obvious that you don't work in education.

Pay the fuck attention to what you're signing up for moron. Tell her you aren't here for a post modernist indoctrination class, drop the class and do something useful

Get her drunk and double stuff her fat holes with inhuman harpoon sized dildos and then piss in her mouth.

DROP THE CLASS

RAISE HELL WITH THE ADMINISTRATION

Do it faggot so other kids don't have to sit through this shit.

what is libgen?

Why do people think 'administration' will care when they clearly hired these people who share similar views with intent?

The only other upper division English class I could take for my credit was Shakespeare for nonmajors

Why are Dutch people always unapologetic sex perverts?

>urging us to not drop the class and to "give it a chance"
Well, xhe was nice. At least give it a chance. You might like the assignments and the professor, even if you disagree with the course material.

Not gonna apologize over being high t, nor shave my legs like a fag

Thank fucking Christ I'm in my 30s. Jesus Christ, I don't even know how I would survive college now with these fucking snowflake faggot trash having an atom of power.

When I was in college in '03-07, it wasn't so bad yet at all. I only had one fucked up history professor who stood up the first day and announced he was a communist and was going to teach from that perspective. I promptly dropped the class that day.

Why in the fuck are they making people pay for this utter horse shit? And this is supposedly an English 101 class?

I am angry.

Strap her to the radiator and beat her guts up with a parboiled courgette then piss in her mouth.

what's wrong with shakespeare?

Did a reverse image search on OP's "professor"
that's just some buzzfeed employee. Liar

The closest I ever came to that was my multiculturalism credit class which was horror in literature. She was kind of a landwhale, had problem glasses, and used a Laci Green video once. Other than that she wasn't bad though. We read Poe, The Turn of the Screw, House on Haunted Hill, The Shining, and Beloved. I would have preferred some Machen, Blackwood, Lovecraft, or Barker but not too bad. I wonder what her class would have looked like during the election...

No.
Drop it.
It's not worth it.
People like that are almost all petty classroom tyrants - don't risk your grade on absurdity.

It's how I control women. They hate how much they love it.

Read last line again retard it was a comparative not literal.

DO what I do. I take an extra class every semester then drop the one that is the worst in the refund window, before a W will show up on my transcript. I have dodged so many liberal pos's it isn't funny. DROP THE COURSE!

Transfer immediately. Get another class that will help you graduate

He never implied he took a picture of his teacher.

Learn to lie. Learn to manipulate. Learn to bullshit your way through the system to GET MONEY.

Sperging about your beliefs in the wrong venue will not GET MONEY.

Life requires money. MONEY. What you believe doesn't matter, you stupid boy. You need money if you are going to be the next Donald Trump, Koch brother etc.

When you have MONEY you matter. No money? You don't. Get greenpilled.

Your teacher is a mentally ill fat cunt who is projecting her failure in mating onto white males and has developed an unhealthy obsession with books to replace her non-existent self-life user. This class will literally be throwing a couple hundred dollars in a fireplace.

>preach it brother
KEK what a cuck

>Their eyes were watching God

Awful, simply awful book. Had to read it in high school.

If you want to troll, just point out that the protagonist cares for nothing more than how sexually attractive her partner is.

>First husband is hard, but fair. Also old and unappealing, hates him and leaves immediately.
>Second husband she loves while he is young and alpha. Doesn't care about his abuse until he's aged and infirm.
>last boyfriend is shiftless and unreliable, but young and hot. She never develops negative feelings for him despite the fact he provides very little for her beyond sex appeal.

That's pretty much the narrative of the book.

He should though...stuffed with marital aids and sporting a severe nose hook.

Bahaha! I had a literature professor recruit for antifa on the first fucking day before I dropped that cunt. She also said that all her students should try hard drugs atleast once to "know themselves". You are a lying POS. Prove it cuck

You cant be a college professor and say these things. Can you??

My philosophy and poli sci profs were nearly all white males. And pretty based desu.

Fucking do it, Shakespeare is good shit.
Go through King Lear since you probably won't bother otherwise and memorize a handful of sonnets to get bitches wet with.

>it's title

professor profess profe

if you have a literature credit to do take a classics course you fag

i will tell you that during my undergrad i took a kike econ teacher through appeals because he gave my A work a C grade and i won. if you have to stay in save all your shit and make sure everything you turn in is top notch. if they mis-grade your work they get into trouble

>I am a shining example of worthless hedonism destined for hell
Not something to be proud of, but if it takes until the last breath leaves your worthless corpse to figure it out, you're still gonna figure it out.

Drop it. Transfer if you can't find another class that isn't batshit insane.

Syllabus format? Who gives a fuck it's a 4 page packet you go over day 1 and only refer to if you're fucked grade wise

I feel like we have had this thread before....

he projected a lot of crap, the least he can say is "im sorry OP, maybe you are not me"

>What should I do Sup Forums?
trip her and watch the cow die of her own weight

upper level means 300 level or above.

>parboiled courgette

You have disgustingly hairy knees. Freak that fat bitch out...get her drunk and have her trim your knee hair with her front teeth.

>focusing on literature focused on gender
>focusing focused
A Teacher wrote that?

dude youre a fucking faggot. get back to the_cuckold

Drop the class and encourage others to follow suit. Talk to the black guy and any sane females and insist the teacher is making women and minorities look incompetent and incapable of success without handicaps.

>I don't believe literature can be defined in anyway but I believe it can't change the world...

What in the fuck is this retarded cunt saying? This is magical thinking. If it can't be defined, what the fuck is she teaching you?

What the fuck is an intersection? Isn't that where two cars meet?

Honestly I might, I figured it would be heavy workload but at least this guarantees the curriculum to Shakespeare

your teacher is retarded that's 950 points not 1000

150*5 = 750 + 200 = 950

This isn't always true though.
I signed up for History 260, History from 1500 to present
Entire class is just "How evil the Whiteman is"
Literally, whites enslave Africa, then whites enlave gooks, then whites give gooks opium, then whites massacre indians (Dot on head), then whites massacre indians (feathers), then whites do segregation, then whites elect republicans. That was the entire course and the subjects we studied. No politics, battles, countries forming or ending etc. Just Fuck whitey 1500 to present. Certainly not what the catalog described

Is it compulsory? If not then drop dat shit like a stepchild

It'a made-up feminist SJW jargon, invented to try and bullshit people into believing these children are educated and inteligent, when in reality it's just 1 sneaky radical jewish commie brainwashing normies, every single time.