In all seriousness

How close are we to experiencing a 1984 situation in the states?

Very very far

-33 years.

Won't happen in the states. England on the otherhand, I would give it 5 years tops.

england is already there.

once you realise it's not about "big brother is watching you" you'd realise how many fingers he was holding

you've got the eternal war part working.

we're living in it right now over here.

You already are. Remember 1984 had 3 empires. And it was through eyes of citizen of just one. Another empire don't need to suck THAT much but principles are the same..

as a american i never felt freedom before

said german
i fucking kek'd

minus 19 years plus or minus 14 years.

It's more like a mix of several books.
Several aspects from various dystopian societies depicted in books have become very real.

Some of these books are Animal Farm and Camp of Saints.

Closer than you think we already have devices on us that are tracked and household appliances and cars that can be used for snooping not exactly tellascreens buttt

Up until 9/11: Animal Farm
Current era: Brave New World
The future: 1984

It's a three act play.

You're living in it user
You've just been conditioned to not see it. Everything is normal now but we live in a worse 1984
>Constant government surveillance
Check
>Military that the common folk could never hope to overthrow
Check
>Cultural norms squashed and twisted
Pic related and checked
>Fighting an enemy that is faceless and invisible to the common man?
Checked (Islam scum)
>The common folk entertained and sedated by circus and bread (in the book this was the lotto, I bet Orwell never knew how bad it could actually get)
Check. We have all manners of bullshit that take our minds off what really matters.

Our society is fucked and I hope for a nuclear apocalypse to wipe us all out. I'll probably die but my kids night grow up in a society where you can at least have common sense and fight against dressing your boy kids in a FUCKING DRESS

>You're living in it user
Minus material wealth. At least Americans have untimely chocolate supply.

It's closer to happening with a Liberal regime than a Republican.

brave new world ended with gamergate

You now know where all the assertive man-faced women have come from. It's not just trannies. They have been altered.

If only you knew how bad things really are

Already crossed it, we're living in a bizarre mix of Brave New World and 1984. People don't realize it because it's not directly obvious to them, which is the entire point of the control and manipulation by (((them))).

You're already living it.

>War is peace
CNN sure likes to pose as the INGSOC

I dream of going to america, can you believe they get FREE soda when they want to refill?

It is a land of dreams if you are a pig, they have the most amazing trash food on the world, fuck, now i am hungry and have to boil fucking potatoes and onions, fuck east eu i want to drink 5 gallons of soda and tacos

In 1984, the top 15% lived very comfortably.
If this was expanded worldwide, it'd be an even bigger divide. I'd argue that only 10% of the world lives in a comfortable setting.
US poverty levels are rising, it's almost impossible to buy a house in Australia or Canada right now (in the cities I mean), European states have basically just imported a underclass (that is unlikely to gain any significant material or political backing in the next several generations)

1984 is trash
brave new world is better.
but both are archaic.

Probably not in the states, but if American "progressives" somehow rose to power and if groups like Antifa, Commies, BLM, or SJWs had their way, then we would be right on track.

But I'd argue countries like England, Germany, and Sweden are basically already there.

we're well past the Event Horizon

>war is peace
It's no longer about nations, ideologies, or ethnicity. It's an endless series of proxy battles, fought by mercenaries and machines.
We are but an army in this war, we sit behind machines attacking everyone who stands in our way.
Shadily my brothers!

>the top 15% lived very comfortably.
Not really. Smith was in this 15% and book specifically shows how everything about his material life was ugly, fake and shitty.

>Shit weather
>Oxbridge have been cucked
>EU
Fuck this nanny state I live in