bbc.com/pidgin/world-40997001
youtube.com/watch?v=h3COlwwarKs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

hahaha

Is that a language?

Showed someone the bbc pidgin site and she swore it was a parody

>ghana
Yeah...

I'd be a little more concerned if that were a south or east African country.

Pidgin is a form of broken English. It's liberality like ghetto speech.

Crap I meant literally. Damn I need sleep.

Yeah it's called Niggerish and it's paid for by Britbong license-fee cucks.

I'm confused.

what the fuck

Did anyone else read that in jar jar binks's voice?

I won't lie. I have thought for the last 3 days that it was Sup Forums taking the piss with shoops but BBC unironically has a pidgin English service.

> this is african bbc page
No, it's the BBC news in pidgin. There are multiple BBC news sites in African languages (Hausa, Swahili, Kirundi, and Somali if I recall).

probably some asshole coded the "translator" over a weekend and threw it out there during a meeting as a joke.
then some soulless fuck thought it was a good idea and everyone else just had to run with it.

>I won't lie. I have thought for the last 3 days that it was Sup Forums taking the piss with shoops but BBC unironically has a pidgin English service.

it honestly does look like the results of gizoogle or one of those other joke websites.

HOLY SHIT #3 KEK

I live in Hawaii, so I'm used to pidgin, at least the kind used here. But this is just incomprehensible gibberish almost, I can barely understand what the fuck they are trying to say.

Holy shit, just imagine this for a second, imagine going back to the late 19th century and explain this to a British person.

Britain owned almost everything back then, they were unstoppable the worlds superpower.
They controlled almost half of the world's population.

Just imagine explaining them that in a bit over a century the empire is gone, Brits are a minority in London and those non-whites shit on them constantly and even kill them but the politicians favors the invaders.
Oh and also literal niggers have mananged to infiltrate (or should i said been encouraged by the govt itself) the media and the write in their proto-english ebonics.

Just fucking imagine, jesus christ.

>It didn't have to be like this

>Indian woman divorce husband because dem no get toilet
holy shit even niggers know

Meesa thinks negroes isa stoopid!
Da Jewses is a muy muy schiesty!

>Pidgin is an African "language"
It's literally just broken English. It's just dumb nigs that are too lazy to learn to speak English correctly.

>Why dem dey call Hurricane human being name
>human being name
>mfw

Nogs confirmed for sub-human

>you literally can't make this shit up
yes I can.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Français_Tirailleur
>Français tirailleur, also known as Petit nègre or Petinègue or Forofifon naspa, is a pidgin language that was spoken by West African soldiers and their white officers in the French colonial army approximately 1857–1954.
Petit nègre: literally "little nigger"

A don wan no rubber between ma cock and ma woma

so wha if I have 58 child, it mus be God's will, dey won starve, God will look after dem

Oh god I can't unhear it

or Orks

>How dare people speak pidgin english?!

Fuck off cunts, it's a centuries old means of communicating between tribes with a tongue everyone could understand modified by Kwa phonology

Well, in a way pidgin is broken English, but its function is to be a vehicular language between many different people speaking different languages from each other. As such there is nothing wrong with it as a tool for oral communication. I don't see any point in creating BBC news in pidgin (which incidentally is not standardized and varies not only across countries but from region to region inside Nigeria) though, but it's obviously some kind of gimmick and social media hipster stroke.

Niggers were the basis for orks.
Orks always talk about how big their "choppah" is and how it's bigger than the other Orks.
Choppah is slang for dick.
Orks are savage and dumb. So are niggers.
Kill the biggest nigger in the pack (the Ork warboss) and the rest flee.

good, maybe this site will teach them to use the shitter and not smear shit on the public restroom walls.

>yfw bix nood is real

Africans know how to poo in loo

>Africans know how to poo in loo

Not the ones in my country :-(

Not being able to speak English isn't a language.

If that was the case, then wouldn't the growing majority of Africans learning English be speaking English rather than pidgin? Wouldn't pidgin speakers be a small, transitory minority rather than the minority? If it served the purpose that you say it does, it would be like Westerners learning Chinese. Westerners that learn Chinese actually learn Chinese, using pinyin as a transitory, romanticized Chinese until you learn the characters. But Africans don't learn actual English because they are lazy sub-humans.

>Na 30 million condom Ghana dey import every year. But e be like say people no dey use dem.

Sounds like what most niggers speak in inner cities.

>speak English so poorly it's nearly incomprehensible
>"uhhh it's actually a new language which I happen to speak fluently, bix nood muhfugga"

youtube.com/watch?v=2a9o8GHcsck

more accurately a pidgin is a grammatically simplified language that develops from two languages used by seperate groups that do not bother to learn the other person's language in full. So it is a mix of words from both languages, in a simple grammar context - often only the present tense with modifier words to indicate tense, and a small vocabulary.

you could say it is broken Ghanaian.

As a native English speaker this makes my brain hurt so much when I attempt to read this. I feel like I've lost brain cells.

no the world service is paid for by advertising, not the licence fee.

>unironically

what would be ironic about a world leading news provider having a section in a language used by millions of people worldwide?

We need a reactionary movement going back to old or at least middle english.

it's weird how you can pretty much comprehend it though, it's like when they switch around the letters in the middle of words and you can still read it

If the BBC is profitable that profit should be used to reduce the tax burden of British citizens who are forced to pay a license fee, not fund outrageous horseshit.

Wtf I love Tolkien now??

vocaroo.com/i/s0JP1U3U80Ur

also used in new guinea and across the pacific in various forms.

a bit like american 'English' - not the real thing but primitives can communicate in it.

Those who learn English in school learn English. Not everyone does or has the opportunity. There are plenty of advanced-level and intermediate-level English speakers in Nigeria.

Pidgin is not the language of the "majority" like say, French is the majority language in France. Pidgin is a vehicular language across groups of speakers of different languages. They are not trying to learn English and failing and ending up with pidgin. They're trying to communicate across language barriers. It is nothing comparable to Westerners learning Chinese, especially when you're confusing the writing system with the language You can speak Chinese at a high level without being able to read it, it just means you're illiterate. A lot of illiterate Africans are multilingual.

The pic illustrates why a vehicular language is useful. English pidgin is not the only vehicular pidgin in Nigeria. There is Hausa pidgin in the north.

Oh shit, man, that's awesome news. I'm gunna tell my 7 year old Hungarian student that she doesn't need to learn English anymore because she already speaks fluent African and she can move there for work immediately.

HAHAHAHAHA! Thanks for doing for this. It sounds so retarded hearing it spoken in real life.

yeah but you can't speak (name a dozen languages here) or for that matter Pidgin, so what?

it is a language. you just don't know it very well. sorry you are not better educated.

Because then you would have a million ads on tv and the website which no one wants.

Just sounds like ooga booga speak to me.

that would be the thing you call American then?

next time you walk across the pavement to place something in the boot of your car, and remember that you forgot to cut the grass in your garden, you may like to think of that.

I'm not bad at guitar, I'm just playing pidgin version of all these Oasis songs.

To be fair does anyone want to use a Female Condom?

hahahaaaa benin :DD

can u do the india poopoo story?
bbc.com/pidgin/world-40997001

Yes it is quite amazing that the brain can do this. There have been many studies on linguistic capabilities of the brain. The way we process a word usually begins with the first and last letters and its size, hences why Pidgin is understandable despite the removal of letters.

There are already ads all over the worldservice products, as the person I was responding too stated. He just said that because it's profitable they can do what they want, where I suggested that if the BBC is profitable it ought to reduce it's cost to British tax payers, not pay to translate English into not English.

>shit meme
>kekistan flag
newfag detected

Notice how the author of this article isn't even listed. It's like they don't want to be associated with this horse shit.

the world Service is a separate organisation, which uses its funds to broadcast to the world.

the british are not forced to pay a licence fee - they can choose not to use the valuable public resource of the broadcasting bands by not watching TV. That way they can just freeload on the valuable service they receive of having an informed public. Or they could pay the fee and take advantage of the huge range of local and national radio and television channels, and the largest creator of high quality news, drama and documentary programmes in the world. That or they could pay three times as much a year to Rupert Murdoch and watch shit all year.

I see what you're saying, it would be nice but expecting a public service to cut its own budget is wishful thinking.

>dem no use am
That's pidgin (Jamaican language), African is more "OOGA BOOGA GIMME DAT SWOOGA".

Ok?

Its nigger language

separate corporations. This is like asking Ford to help Volkwagen reduce their prices.

nigga I don't even know what the fuck u be sayin

I genuinely thought this was satire. I refuse to believe this. Niggerspeak™ in national newspapers?

The steps you need to go thru to avoid paying the license fee are severe and disproportionate and you literally never stop getting accusatory mail and appointments to have someone check your house doesn't have a television in it.
Source: Am British.
The BBC and world service are clearly interconnected to a significant extent.

>why da batsy mawn 'ave no wey 'azek h'eyes?

spoken by white people who helped to create it.

not just racist but historically ignorant to boot. who would have thought it?

Youre trying too hard, this isnt a language that will help you learn english, if you're dumb enough that you need to speak nigger-english to learn english then you'll just stick with your nigger-english and have ready used up most of your neurons

That's interesting and all but it still doesn't resolve the issue of Han ma boo-kee, keelee ka-lya dooka. Wadja da boolya ra Moy ka cheesa crispa Greedo?

its always the kekfags coming from sargons videos. fucking immigrants

not at the corporate level. Which is sort of important. I think that the world Service was never paid for from the licence fee - it was a British Govt propaganda arm from the second world war. Just uses the name for kudos.

as for the fee - given what you get, it is a bargain. (I am a brit as well just live in france and have to leech with a VPN, which is a pain... If I could pay the licence fee and get access to the Iplayer i would happily)

As a language teacher I avoid at all costs ever repeating incorrect pronunciation or language usage when correcting a student because your brain is making connections based on input whether or not you're aware that the usage is technically incorrect.
To distill an entire language into some nouns and verbs with grunts in between and call it a new language is to admit defeat and never offer yourself a chance to develop further.

I thought pidgin was more West Indian/Caribbean than African.

Yeah but. Pidgin is not a standardized written language, it's primarily for oral communication. So size of letters or anything to do with the written language in general isn't relevant. Most people who learn to communicate in pidgin don't learn it from written sources. You have to keep in mind the written language is never the language itself, it's just a way to transcribe the language. Native speakers first learn to speak before they start to make connections between what they speak and hear and the symbols they see on the paper or a screen.

>Youre trying too hard, this isnt a language that will help you learn english
>if you're dumb enough that you need to speak nigger-english to learn english
It's not about "helping" to learn English. Maybe you should try harder.

it isn't meant to help you learn english - it is a common lnaguge spoken by people whose first languages are totally incompatible. Like when everyone used to speak French (literally the lingua franca) for diplomacy. Now that is English of course (much to the French's annoyance) but hungarians don't learn english to talk tot he chinese so they can learn chinese - it is just for communication

Agreed on benefit of the BBC as a whole vs cost, disagree that that excuses using money in such a pathetic way.

As someone whose been around some jamaicians\trinidadians this is funny as fuck. Actually makes sense now

>never offer yourself a chance to develop further.

slightly normative statement.

what if they don't want to read Oscar Wilde and quote shakespear, just talk to someone about the price of chickens at the market?

The real scandal with the BBC is how much they pay themselves with our money and their complete bias here. The World Service is irrelevant to us, but the domestic stuff is scandalous, fuck them.

send these niggers in a concentration camp

Germans chose to speak to the French in English. Ghanaians can chose to speak to their neighbors in English too. Majority of my higher level students are basically self-taught so don't give me the poor person excuse for why they can't speak English. Also taught in China for 2 years in parts with severely difficult living circumstances.

this is a private company serving a large pidgin speaking market - why shouldn't they spend the money the way they want to? they are dedicated to getting news to the people of the world - not being snobs who say "oh they don't speak good enough English to be worthy of being told the news."

someone who has never seen the pay scales for ITV, Sky, Virgin, all the commercial channels that he pays for in advertising.

You know that the cost of your car, your food, your clothes, includes the money those companies pay to advertise...

Ausfag here, saying this out loud with an Abo accent is fucking spot on to how they actually talk, not to mention hilarious

youtube.com/watch?v=h3COlwwarKs

Watch it and feel your brain just melt.

BIX NOOD OOGA BOOGA NAA SAY IN MANG WORD

Take it as normative as you like. A moron could see that the language lacks nuance and your earlier quote detailed it's lack of depth regarding tense etc which will limit capacity to deliver meaning.
They don't have to want to read Oscar Wilde. Their motivations have no bearing on the value of learning a language vs being able to make some vaguely comprehensible sounds.