I deleted Facebook and all social media during the middle of the election last year...

I deleted Facebook and all social media during the middle of the election last year. The insanity from the left was just too much for me to handle. My wife still has Facebook but uses it sparingly.

Out of sheer curiousity we were browsing her Facebook together to see some of the reactions of people from what's happening in Texas and I was actually shocked. People blaming Trump for not being able to control the weather. People being glad that a hurricane hit a red state, etc etc...

I was considering starting another Facebook because I thought that the Trump hysteria has subsided but I quickly saw that my life is much happier without social media. I suggest to all of you that you seriously cut down on social media use. It's poison.

Pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2012/08/06/beware-tech-abandoners-people-without-facebook-accounts-are-suspicious/#13e9ce658f95
unvis.it/forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2012/08/06/beware-tech-abandoners-people-without-facebook-accounts-are-suspicious/#13e9ce658f95
independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/facebook-using-people-s-phones-to-listen-in-on-what-they-re-saying-claims-professor-a7057526.html
talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/poll-louisiana-gopers-unsure-if-katrina-response-was-obama-s-fault
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

People look at me like I just shat on the rug when I tell them I don't have an FB.

Same. I read an article last year that said that people should be "suspicious" of people that don't use social media.

forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2012/08/06/beware-tech-abandoners-people-without-facebook-accounts-are-suspicious/#13e9ce658f95

I dated a girl who thoughts it was sketchy and suspicious that I didn't have facebook. Like I was really married or something.

There was also something very absent in the relationship, a void that might 'normally' be filled by being facebook friends and appearing in picures together. And changing our relationship statuses. That jazz.

She was a professional stylist who wanted to dress me like a faggot in tight pants with white sneakers.

She had a magnificent ass-pussy-combo

>"deleted all social media"
>posts on Sup Forums

What did he mean by this?

Remember to archive
unvis.it/forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2012/08/06/beware-tech-abandoners-people-without-facebook-accounts-are-suspicious/#13e9ce658f95

I will admit that not having social media (particularly Facebook) does have it's drawbacks.

I'm in graduate school and many people in the class have created private groups to "share information" in order to help each other improve their grades.

Luckily I have a good friend that emails the information to me, but yes...in that regard not having Facebook can be a drawback.

People look at me like I'm from another planet when I tell them I haven't had any sort of social media for a good 10 years.

I made a rule for myself that I won't date a girl that uses social media, it limits my options but all in all I think it's weeds out a lot of time wasters.

I have fb but I rarely use it.

why be suspicious of people who don't have it?
herd mentality?

Had Facebook about 6 years ago, haven't looked back since I shut down my account. It's the same with all social media, get rid of them and you'll feel better for it.

wew I'm sure glad I never had a facebook account

I deleted mine about 4 weeks ago after some lefty nutjobs started trying to doxx me for a mild comment I made about the Baltimore "Nobody Shoot Nobody" weekend.
Never felt better since. No more nagging anxiety about the crazies.

The general consensus is that you must be hiding something.

There was a time when I refused to have a cell phone for a couple of years. I got the same reaction from many people.

I did have a house phone that was included in my TV/internet package and people thought I was insane. They couldn't believe that I didn't pick up the phone because I WASN'T FUCKING HOME.

No fb since 2015
Reason: I like me some extreme metal but also some bitpop. A friend shared with me a new release of a band and afer that my timeline became flooded with other shitty bands, tour dates, t-shirt BUY BUY BUY!
Also people kept saying in conversation "Yeah I posted this on facebook, haven't you seen/read" when asking how they been, how their vacation was.

I am a techy, but spending time on smartphones yoou to see advertisments and shit you used to have conversations face to face about is not my utopia of technology.

I missed a few parties in the beginning but now friends know they have to message/mail/phone me.

>It's poison.
100% certified truth, it's a doomsday machine for society.

58 years old. Fuck facebook and the kike that created it. Last thing I want to know is what my kids are doing.

>ever having a social media account

Losers.

I have a facebook.but I never use it.

you faggot you need to use those platforms to fight back not cuck like a bitch and run away. Seriously fucking gys you are useless

I use to log intoy facebook 3-4 times a day now I only check it once every 7-10

This is actually true. I was skeptical about people who said "I deleted social media and I feel great!" but it turned out to be completely true. It's been almost two years now and I actually get a lot of shit done.

After a while you'll notice some shit that will drive you insane however. It was shocking to me how many people open conversations with "Did you see this on Facebook....?" or other things like "I was on Facebook and this person posted this...."

You'll also notice other things that will annoy you. For example, I'm a graduate student and I'll take a look around the classroom and notice that I'm the ONLY PERSON paying attention to the professor. Everyone else is on their phones fucking around on social media.

It's actually gotten to the point where the professor looks directly at me when he's talking because NO ONE else is paying attention. It's like a one-on-one lecture. These are the kinds of things you'll notice when you leave social media.

I have a FB account, but it's completely empty. I use it to stalk people.

but you are using social media right now, dumbfuck

just because people get called retarded and nigger here for sharing retarded nigger shit doesnt make it less of a platform for being social on the net and sharing media

you are a pseudo intellectual
>fb is cancer!
yea of course but revealing your power level is worse

Should say social networks, this is anonymous, not a networkorking site

I got permab& from Facegoy and refrained from using anything 'social' since.

>Sup Forums is my home page

you can just ignore, everyone understood

wow i agree technology is bad

ty

>from the article

Farhad: I think we've mentioned it before that if you are going out with someone and they don't have a Facebook profile, you should be suspicious.

Emily: Wait a minute. You may have mentioned that.

Farhad: I think I’ve recommended that. You know why, though? Imagine if this guy didn't have a Facebook profile. That’s why. You should be suspicious of someone who is not making your relationship known publicly on a site like Facebook. I’m going to go on record with that.

Emily: I'm fine with people not having a Facebook page if they don't want one. However, I think you’re right. If you’re of a certain age and you meet someone who you are about to go to bed with, and that person doesn't have a Facebook page, you may be getting a false name. It could be some kind of red flag.

>tl;dr suspicious women need their social surveillance tools to function

it unironically is. transhumanism will end our history, culture and in the end, existance. luddites were right all along.

>I quickly saw that my life is much happier without social media.
I have never had any of the social media. It has been wonderful. I note how often people are bitching and complaining that facebook is connected. I have a few friends now that have seen my logic, and removed it from their lives as well. Nothing but trouble. I too am married. My wife and I got better shit to do than listen to our friends bitch about things they have no control over anyhow.

well, one thing is for sure. without technology this cesspit would have never existed. i guess they were right

Not really, forum etc. are not counted to social media because you're not building a network.

On a forum you do have accounts, but the "reallife verification" isn't a thing as they try in facebook and twitter with the verified thingie.
>Or do you really think people see your post on Sup Forums of all places and think you're a good catholic?
Then there is the sharing stuff, facebook comments/twitter hashtags related to online articles/shopping items etc.
I'm pretty sure you can't use your Sup Forums pass to enlist yourself for things.
Your interpretation suggests that the whole internet is social media, including the 'dark'web.
There is a distinction for a reason, women and men are both human though I like to make the distinction.
>just because people get called retarded and nigger here for sharing retarded nigger shit doesnt make it less of a platform for being social on the net and sharing media
These things can also be done and are being done in closed facebook groups and locked twitter accounts.
>you are a pseudo intellectual
OP never claimed he was an intellectual, but you claim you can sniff out intellectuals yet post on a Taoistic lewd cartoon picture exchange forum about pseudo intellectuals.

that's the final redpill

>She had a magnificent ass-pussy-combo
A wat?

its when the woman does a cross-up into super

Good Goys, yesss. Why would anyone not be on social media? Clearly they are hiding something. Women shouldn't even date men not on social media!

This

Same thing happened too me. Minus the dressing like a fag.

social media is jewish poison desu senpai

Not having 1488 troll accounts

Son, I am dissapoint

I dont have any respect for people that log their entire lives on goybook. Its invasive and disgusting having a portal to the diary of every girl youve ever been with. Why would anyone give a fuck what basic bitches do on a daily basis? Its just fags going on trips to beaches strictly to post pictures of their trip to brag about it. It leads to a vapid false life. FB has turned everyone into a cheating whore.

tl;dr
Emily just hooks up with total strangers and fucks them withot getting to know them even a bit and thinks a facebook account can't be faked.
>For prostitutes a fb is required.
True story:
I'm friends with an handicapped man, he went on Tinder... He got a lot of likes from women way above his league, but everytime he chatted some they turned out to be prostitutes looking for a willing easily manipulated man. And as far as I know you need facebook for tinder.

pretty active here, but I'm happy that I've arrived to a point where I don't give the left any intellectual consideration any longer

they're irrelevant, at least for the next 3.5 years and hopefully for the next 7.5

and if they push the issue too much, I tell them that in no uncertain terms until it sinks in

it triggers them to no end

I like your style, dude.

Maybe don't fuck someone you met 3 hours ago and actually get to know the other person first instead of relying on an easily falsifiable profile to feel safe

the only and right way to use FB :^)

i use it for shitty FB games when i get turbobored.

this place is the only social media i get
no ads masquerading as posts allowed, my wife's FB is 60% advertisements, all up the sides and completely ingrained in the actual content
no likes, no names, no sharing, no bringing up a 3 year old post and reposting it simply because it's something you posted 3 years ago and you're completely fucking flabbergasted that you've lost 1000 days to the same stupid website without noticing

and yet i still fucking hate it here and wish i could leave and never speak with anyone online. Sadly, since I started running my own business i have no coworkers for socialization during the day and i get bored as fuck on my own even with full freedom to do whatever the fuck i want as long as i'm here to answer the phone and greet any walk-in customers

tl;dr social media sucks and despite it's merits this place is just as bad in it's own ways

try kongregate.com for shitty games

>complaining about injustice
>on pol
Cry us a river, Kevin.

>tfw resisted peer pressure and never used any social media and there is literally no trace of my real identity online as I've never used it

>friend shared with me a new release of a band and afer that my timeline became flooded with other shitty bands, tour dates, t-shirt BUY BUY BUY!

Me and my wife will be discussing something within earshot of god knows how many internet connected devices, and then she will pop open facebook ten minutes later and see ads that pertain to what we were talking about

"your phone is always listening to you and selling the info to people" sounds like conspiracy crazy talk, but only because we're all indoctrinated from birth to think that way about such statements.

I had an unwanted phone as part of a cable package too. I kept getting calls from debt collectors because the previous owner of the number was some mexican bitch that didnt pay any bills

That happened to me for the first three months. After a while it eventually stopped when they realized that I wasn't Taniqua Shanaynay McNigger.

it kills me when people don't believe this
>phone mic permanently on
>targeted advertising
so simple and orwellian.

If you can't get them to understand that, how will they ever question WSJ? how will they ever question their government? how will they be able to inform themselves in such an environment?
>ever trusting the UN, BBC, IMF, Micros0ft, el Go0g, CocaC0la etc.
are we truly doomed to this state of affairs becoming entrenched? I feel more and more we need a radical break from our cultural tangent.

Did same thing. Can confirm, makes things better!

my business gets these calls all the fucking time and it's at the point where i'm openly hostile with them, challenging them to actually DO something about it instead of calling and harassing me simply because all they have to go on is a name and a phone number attached to the unpaid account and nothing else

>hurr you need to pay it because this phone number is the one that benefits from this account and it's your number you are using
bitch please, give me your home phone number and i'll set up a bunch of accounts under it using a fake name and see how you like it

No one posts what they really think on Social Media anymore. They post what they think everyone wants to hear for instant feedback in the form of likes, upvotes, shares, retweets, whatever.

Social Media is posted purely to get attention from others online. It's fucking pathetic.

independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/facebook-using-people-s-phones-to-listen-in-on-what-they-re-saying-claims-professor-a7057526.html

>Facebook said that it does listen to audio and collect information from users – but that the two aren't combined, and that sounds heard around people aren't used to decide what appears in the app.

“Facebook does not use microphone audio to inform advertising or News Feed stories in any way," a spokesperson told The Independent. "Businesses are able to serve relevant ads based on people’s interests and other demographic information, but not through audio collection.”
Sure...

Leaf, you are a sane person.

Are you sure? I doubt that's possible in this day and age.

I remember back in 2007-08 I use to have a myspace page and I really liked it. Within a couple of months all of my friends quit posting and logging in. I asked around and everybody said they were switching to Facebook. It was probably summer of 2008 I created a facebook page and deleted within a month. Facebook is the dumbest platform on the internet. I haven't had a social media account since.

My friend gets by without Facebook by using Instagram, I'm partial to twitter myself. As long as you have something, you can avoid looking like a serial killer. Just tell them you don't like Facebook nearly as much as the one you're using.

the instant snap to "CONSPIRACY" kills me inside

>your phone has a microphone
>your phone has functions (optional or not) that require the microphone to always be on
>your phone is connected to the internet and sends various data to your provider and manufacturer for various reasons, diagnostics being the supposed primary reason
>companies across the world will pay top dollar for information regarding customer purchasing habits, needs, desires, etc. (the sort of thing they spend a bunch of money forming and using focus groups for)
all of this is not arguable. plain and simple fact.
And yet putting it all together:
>your phone collects information from around it along with it's diagnostics and such
>the phone manufacturers/dealers sell that information to large entities like facebook
>facebook now knows that John Smith is in the market for a lawnmower or barbecue or whatever, so it prioritizes relevant advertising to appear on john's facebook
>this allows facebook to tell other companies "advertise on facebook and we will do our best to ensure that only people interested in your ad see it, saving you money overall"
Suddenly it's fucking CRAZY TOWN up in here and the cognitive dissonance goes into overdrive as the person hearing this information mentally struggles with the idea that they are nothing but a number in the books of countless corporations

same kind of idea here except i went balls deep on myspace, habbo, cokemusic, livejournal, even the social side of deviantart. Everyone I used those sites to talk to abandoned them within months of me getting everything figured out and looking good. I flat out said "not again" with facebook and it's the one that fucking sticks.

I consider myself incredibly fortunate

Too bad for them, I block ads at the router level so even my handhelds don't receive ads while I use my wifi. They can collect all the information they want, it's not going to matter if I don't even see their custom tailored advertising in my browser.

I have an account, but I never post anything. I only use it for FB Messenger, a free messaging service that all my friends use. Apart from that, my only social media is my twatter account used exclusively for shitposting.

>People blaming Trump for not being able to control the weather. People being glad that a hurricane hit a red state, etc etc...

You're a right-wing asshole with right-wing friends.
They post misleading bullshit about the left on facebook because they are the boogieman.

I'm a left-wing dude with left-wing friends, and I see none of this stuff on FB -
because that's not how the actual left thinks or posts.

I did notice see this on FB tho -
>A significant chunk of Louisiana Republicans evidently believe that President Barack Obama is to blame for the poor response to the hurricane that ravaged their state more than three years before he took office.
>29 percent said Obama, who was still a freshman U.S. Senator when the storm battered the Gulf Coast in 2005, was more responsible.
>talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/poll-louisiana-gopers-unsure-if-katrina-response-was-obama-s-fault

lol uninformed right-wingers

Anyone coming into this thread looking for info, here is the lowdown from an ancientfag. There were concerns about putting personal info into MySpace: all that is wiped out save for for fragments for digital archeologists. FB, Goojew, current gen: they have a rough but useful idea of your private info. You can muddle with it and it gets fucked up, incomplete. However: next gen which most of us will be alive for will be perfected. Don't use it. The way back is still here but it's going away, dejewgle your lives now (from all data mining services not just Goober) but keep the activity going, become the darknet

t. the excuse-giver

you have no idea how many times i've heard this shit
>i only use it to contact my friends abroad
>i have to use it for my uni course
>i just keep it but i don't use it
>bla ba bla
fuck off
stop making excuses. the fact you have to make excuses tells you that what you're doing , you know to be fundamentally bad.
the fact that you still go on using it, and cover up your cognitive dissonance with pathetic excuses (on a fucking anonoymous imageboard) shows how fucked you are.
learn to control your own life, don't make excuses for how you live

wayback.plz

kys commiefuck

haven't had fb since august 2015.
haven't had a proper fb since december 2013.

I have facebook but I only allow a few distant friends on my friend's list. It's just a platform for me to keep in touch with people.

I'd be willing to go else where in a second if everyone could migrate to a much less libtard ran site. Fuck Zuck.

Facebook may just be more shills than people with genuine opinions.
(((Shills))) talking to each other trying to shape public opinion.

"Excuses"? For what? I'm simply stating what my relationship with social media is. Can you explain why this frustrates you so much?

I always wondered how some moderate Muslims could get radicalized on the internet, but when I've seen some moderate people I know get radicalized leftist or BLM fanatics after using Facebook I can now see how easy it can be for people to change for the worse.

I've known decent people get caught up in the Antifa and "Resist" hysteria when they normally would never have done so without the help of social media platforms.

well because people are brainwashed into making, keeping and maintaining some degree of "social media prescence", ie/ furnishing corporations with your (valuable) information.
and the way people phrase their excuses indicates they are highly uncomfortable with the services they use, but have to SELF-justify, ie/ delude themselves that
>this is fine, i only use it for X
what they are actually saying is
>it is fucked, the only thing stopping me quitting is X

and its frustrating because instead of talking about the issues, people talk about themselves. and throw their personal ego into the debate - just like they have been TRAINED to do by years of social media use.

couple this with the fact that people think they're being unique when they say it but they sound like an army of drones
>I only use it for X
whilst they're marching our species into test tubes and welcoming in our benevolent AI overlord.

also chek'd

I deleted my facebook 7 months ago after I found out my ex cheated on my with multiple men over the course of a year (I was about to marry her). I mainly only had it for her. All the people I knew from highschool are liberal faggots, and all the people I knew in the Army are all race mixing cringe "IM A VETERAN" types.

I hate fb because it gives every retard a voice and a platform where people actually listen to it, yet it's pretty much become an echo chamber.
Sometimes I would get tagged into conversations about the Confederacy, or race issues, etc and it would always end up that I would win the argument, but then just get called a POS, loser, etc but they could never refute anything I said. It's just arguing with virtue signaling children in their Jewish run faggot echo chamber.

I don't care about your personal drama, I don't care about your vacation to Spain, I don't care that you're getting married to a nigger, I don't care about your opinions on anything, so why the fuck would I keep a fb to read and see all that bullshit.
It's all fake, just uploading shit so they can get "likes" and comments so they can get excited about notifications and that people are paying attention to them. Women are the worst about this. Every woman's account is just "look at me"
I look at my exs account sometimes and she just posts shit of her with friends, hanging out having fun, trying to seem intellectual or cultured, and I'm just thinking about the other men she fucked and how she will suck dick for coke and lie about everything. That's what I'm saying, you don't see the real person, you just see what they want you to see, and what they think of themselves. It's egotistical, narcissistic, and self absorbed.

Fuck that shit man, delete your social media.

only Nazis nobt FB commarade

how do I do this senpai

yes and yes

talk to less idiots

I only use messenger, I have friends that find it weird to exchange actual phone numbers. I guess my generation feels like having a block and delete button more accessible is more important than giving someone a lifeline number to you.

So, no dating then? Ive maybe met 1 girl in my entire life who didnt have social media. Every woman ive ever met has made it the center of their lives.

Well is it wrong to have a linkedin then?

when the prof looks at you, give him a thumbs up
if its a bitch give her a wink

>plus one grade

I had many of the same experiences and I actually found myself participating in the very thing that I hated at times unknowingly.

I would also get tagged in conversations about Trump and the Confederacy as if they wanted their weird "conservative friend" to give his input only to be jumped upon by hundreds of liberal faggots that would call me a Nazi and white supremacist.

I didn't "rage quit" by any means, but after a while it really started to get to me when LONG TIME friends that I had known since childhood were unfriending me because I voted for someone that they didn't.

Losing valuable friendships based on frivolous reasons of minor disagreements that have real life implications was where I drew the line.

I have a LinkedIn but I don't participate in any of the social media aspects of it.

I have my resume uploaded and that's it. Nothing else.

>I only use ______

still making excuses. try reading my response.

if you have to ask this, you're in the wrong place

It's like you hate networking or something? How the fuck do you even hold a job.

you should maintain a dummy/empty account at the very least to provide disinformation to the NSA and work/potential employers, and to prevent your name from being used in a way you don't approve of.

>I hate you
>you don't have a facebook
>I make a facebook in your name, friend a few people you know and start liking all sorts of tv shows and movies
>begin making racist shares and posts slandering your character with whatever group I want to ruin you with
>you're not on social media to even contest the lies
You don't need a twitter, instagram, tumblr or skype/microsoft ID, but I recommend maintaining a facebook at the very least

Fagbook is for lefttard, Jew loving traitors, everyone who didn't delete a year ago should be executed.
Heil Hitler.

You're a blatant shill taking shit too far.

It is poison. I never used it, even though I have a facebook account. It was basically forced on me by my wife when we were dating, but I intentionally do not use it and do not check it. Everyone who matters in my life knows this about me and does not hold it against me. Sometimes I see some of the shit other people put on there when my wife is checking hers and I know my decision is the right one.

I see Mark is resorting to blackmail now.

>networking
>a job

sounds like you don't hold a job, you hold a revenue based social media existence. the more clicks, the more respect your name garners, the more cash they feed you the better you play the ego game, the higher you rise.
my job relies on hard work and knowledge in my head and hands. I'm my own man, no boss. no social media required. if you need linkedin to have a job, it's not a real job, it's a con and i do not respect you.
slave.
slave.
slave.
slave.

;_; muh taking it too far
fuck off, go report me to fb mods, to g00gle, oh wait THEY CANT SAVE YOU HERE

>WELCOME TO THE HURTBOX FAGGOT

A couple of months ago some ex reality show sub celebrities in my country paid for day use at an expensive hotel and then spend the whole day taking pictures with different clothes and swimsuits at the pool so they could post the pictures throughout the year on their social media and look like they stay at the hotel all year round
It's all fake shit

I actually still pick up the phone and call my friends and try to meet them for lunch and shit. Imagine that.

You know, like actually be SOCIAL in person and stuff. Outrageous to some.

Quit Facebook in 2010, never regretted it or given it a second thought. Social media is the devil.

damn user. how many red pills did you take?

>not using fapbook to add classmates, friends, professors, coworkers

You're laughable at best. I'm a full stack developer who takes gigs from people I know and expand my networking via linkedin.

You're a man and you rely on hard work and knowledge? You're schitzoid as fuck nigger, before I know it you'll be singing about communism is the best way to save the world.

The hurtbox lol... Jesus christ you swing all out of control, what went so wrong in your life that you have to act stronger than everyone you run into.

I had a myspace page for all of 2 months (back before facebook was a thing) because my then-girlfriend said "you totally gotta get on this, it's so awesome".

It wasn't awesome.

>I would also get tagged in conversations about Trump and the Confederacy as if they wanted their weird "conservative friend" to give his input only to be jumped upon by hundreds of liberal faggots that would call me a Nazi and white supremacist.

Are you sure you're not actually me?

The exact same thing would happen to me, get tagged by liberals on subjects like that. The only reason they do it is because without someone like me to debate them, they'd all just be agreeing with each other, which I imagine is boring for them.
It's also so they can point and say "look, SEE there ARE racists among us #PunchaNazi #IfICallYouaRacistIWinTheArgument #cucksunited #notmypresident"

I would argue to the point of them only being able to respond with insults (which I never insulted anyone, I only pointed out thoughts and facts). I would then politely give my final thoughts and say I'm done with the argument to which they would literally say "Oh we won! look the coward is leaving" after their last 10 responses was shit like "no that's wrong you racist piece of shit, I hope your daughter fucks lots of black guys".

I've lost a lot of friends over the years because of my beliefs, but I don't care. I know I'm right, I know that National Socialism is the only answer for our people now. We tried the "no step on snek" approach, all we wanted was freedom but they made it impossible.
They will reap what they sow. They call me a Nazi anyways, why not just bear that name with honor and pride?

The day of the rope can't come fast enough.

keked and checked